PDA

View Full Version : Xbox same as PC?

Godz321
04-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Will the xbox platform receive updates and events at the same time as the PC, or will the PC be far ahead of the xbox.

Kryt
04-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Trion wants everyone to experience everything, so I'm sure the patches will be at the same times.

Avenger
04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
If they keep the updates server side then potentially they can update the game anytime they want and all versions can stay the same.

It only becomes an issue if they need to push a patch out to players - either an auto-update or a manual download - both would have to go through additional checks and approval by MS / Sony, in which case console updates would likely be a few weeks behind the PC version which can have updates pushed out at any time.

kajun mulisha
04-01-2013, 02:10 PM
im not implying the op and or all pc players are this way but....i think since its a tpsmmo, pc players just swoop on in and assume their version will be the flagship of defiance..this will not be a wow,guild wars type pc exclusive mmo. its not a game developed for pc and just handed out as leftovers to consoles. its cross platforms. i know of some rare cases when say if microsoft has a contract with game developers xbox gets updates/dlc before the 2 but its rare. i dont think there is any reason to update any of the 3 platforms before the others in this case.

CReaper210
04-01-2013, 02:28 PM
They've said before, patches on Xbox have to go through certification. So while Trion might finish applying everything in the patch at the same time, they can put it right into the PC version, but Microsoft has to go through and certify the patch for Xbox, which from what I've noticed with most games usually takes 1-2 weeks.
I'm not sure about PS3, but I'm assuming they go through a similar process. They don't want a technical issue with a patch turning their system into a brick.

KillAlot V2
04-01-2013, 02:33 PM
They've said before, patches on Xbox have to go through certification. So while Trion might finish applying everything in the patch at the same time, they can put it right into the PC version, but Microsoft has to go through and certify the patch for Xbox, which from what I've noticed with most games usually takes 1-2 weeks.
I'm not sure about PS3, but I'm assuming they go through a similar process. They don't want a technical issue with a patch turning their system into a brick.

xbox patches are 1month and cost between $30k-$50k
ps3 are about 2 weeks and are absolutly free to put a patch out