PDA

View Full Version : Differences in Race/Classes

Connor7312
04-01-2013, 01:52 PM
I was just wondering will your choices of race really affect the game? racial bonuses or anything or is it purely cosmetical? Same with the classes? If i choose outlaw, can i pick up a sniper and be just as good as a survivalist?

Cavadus
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
There are no classes in this game. You can pick one of four origins at character creation but the only influence these origins have is your character's starting primary weapon and starting outfit.

Choice of species also has zero influence on one's character outside of appearance.

lundwooder
04-01-2013, 01:53 PM
There's a search bar at the top of your page

Thee Apothecary
04-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Origin's also give a slightly area of background to a character

Connor7312
04-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks guys! This really helped my decision. Just wanted to say I love this forum, its super helpful and supportive. I hope the game community is the same! Send me an invite on xbox live if you would like to join my clan in the game tomorrow! Or if youd just like a buddy to conquer arkfalls with!:)
Gamertag: MeestorEviil

Neferonia
04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm picking outlaw origin because I like that starter outfit best. I know there are origin specific mods for guns in the game called synergy mods not sure what they do though.

Cavadus
04-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm picking outlaw origin because I like that starter outfit best. I know there are origin specific mods for guns in the game called synergy mods not sure what they do though.

While those synergy mod sets share their names with the four origins they are completely unrelated to them in any way. I have no idea why they re-used those names because it makes everyone falsely assume they're somehow related when they're not.

Connor7312
04-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Afraid I cant help you on that one, this is the first Ive heard of synergy mods, i will look into it though!