PDA

View Full Version : USA cant play with UK -CONFIRMED

Merkery N16
04-01-2013, 02:33 PM
so was speaking to the live chat assistant on trions support site and at the end i asked the following and got a reply

(copied from the chat log)
you:theres alot of speculation that the usa and uk cant play together do you know anything about this?
GM Kiwibird: There will be separate servers - you won't be able to play with one another unfortunately.

considering 90 out of 100 of my friends on my list are from america this really grinds my gears. I know this is mainly due to microsoft and them making money but in 2013 how the hell is this acceptable it upsets me so much its took any excitement out of me playing this game

Lomax
04-01-2013, 02:42 PM
This is new and exciting

TechGnome
04-01-2013, 02:44 PM
So new, that it's been the topic of discussion since mid-beta.

-tg

Merkery N16
04-01-2013, 02:47 PM
So new, that it's been the topic of discussion since mid-beta.

-tg

i know this aint any new news but ive never had a straight anwer i mean if you read the official FAQ section it says you will be able to select what server you play on

but then the agent in the chat says you cant.... nothings ever straight foward

smole321
04-01-2013, 02:51 PM
PC players can choose servers xbox and ps3 cant but it doesnt bother me too much to be fair im from the UK and we get to play with enough of you guys on other games already :)

KillAlot V2
04-01-2013, 03:06 PM
read the stickyd thread from sledgehammer in this section on xbox there working on a fix where when creating your character you choose what region you play so you can join that regions servers with that character but cant play cross region with 1 character youl need 1character for uk and a new character for us but you will at least be able to play with freinds if they do this

KillAlot V2
04-01-2013, 03:09 PM
i to am really pissed as because of my work i game at night so i to have lots of us friends and play mostly with them but if sledge hammers correct and this does happen then it will be so good i mean why would they ever lock the regions its such a stupid idea

trion punch whoevers idea region locking was in the nose:mad::mad::mad:

KillAlot V2
04-01-2013, 03:12 PM
i know this aint any new news but ive never had a straight anwer i mean if you read the official FAQ section it says you will be able to select what server you play on

but then the agent in the chat says you cant.... nothings ever straight foward

its always like this most of the time these agents dont have a clue i mean you ever spoke to one in the microsoft support chat lol nuff said

Merkery N16
04-01-2013, 03:15 PM
read the stickyd thread from sledgehammer in this section on xbox there working on a fix where when creating your character you choose what region you play so you can join that regions servers with that character but cant play cross region with 1 character youl need 1character for uk and a new character for us but you will at least be able to play with freinds if they do this

thanks this was helpful unlike the sarcastic losers looking for post counts :)

tangotown
04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
There is anway around this create an amercan psn account just rember to tell ur friends ur new name etc

Blasto
04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I don't know if this could help anyone, but you can change the region of your XBL account (as explained here (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/account-management/change-region)). Most of my friends are in the US, and while I appreciate the fact that Trion is looking into the issue, I'd rather not have to create a new character in a couple of weeks...

Darth Sully
04-01-2013, 03:30 PM
I have 2 buddies I play with from the UK. This is the first I have heard of this which sucks. Maybe they will fix it

Hiero Glyph
04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
considering 90 out of 100 of my friends on my list are from america this really grinds my gears. I know this is mainly due to microsoft and them making money but in 2013 how the hell is this acceptable it upsets me so much its took any excitement out of me playing this game

Actually, you don't know anything. Trion has already stated that they have full control over region lock and Microsoft is not involved in this process. Please read the stickied thread in this subforum for the complete details.