PDA

View Full Version : is this game dieing on pc or is there somthing wrong.

Blueandwhite87
08-27-2013, 10:33 AM
PVP I cant get in, im sitting in match making the whole time I play and never even get close to enough people.

Orbital
08-27-2013, 10:35 AM
It was popping all last night, if you're trying right now it is a off hours. I had no problem getting my 5 ego power kills and winning 7 matches for the weekly. PC-NA, BTW. Part of the problem is a lot of people are doing shadow wars now, that they pop so easy. As they make more and more maps, it spreads a thin pvp community out.

WARDUKE
08-27-2013, 10:38 AM
I have not PvP'd in a shooter since Quake 3. I am not about to start now. I would imagine you need to PvP during Prime Time hours (8pm EST) to get the biggest crowds and quickest start times.

Your topic is pretty vague. It's not about PC dying, so much as it is about PvP dying on PC. :D

Conneri
08-27-2013, 10:41 AM
It is very time dependant. Weekends and evenings are good, mornings and such are bad. I did my 3 matches for the daily (5 ego power kills) knocked out in under an hour last night (~10pm EDT).

August Barkley
08-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Defiance is a PVE game, actually. :) Even if you will remove PvP out of it, it will not be a big loss.

Rasczak
08-27-2013, 11:10 AM
I did PvP on US-PC at launch. After a few weeks of cloak/shotgun and the typical PC Hacking (an issue also in DC Universe Online at times), I gave up and have not been back since.

I enjoy PvP a lot, but got turned off of it in both Defiance and DCUO rather quickly. Now, I'll just PvP in WoW and Rift.

Arsenic_Touch
08-27-2013, 11:12 AM
When there's a reason to do pvp, then it will start up again.
The incentive is not there, there's also very little competition to it.
No brackets, leaderboards or anything to discern anything about it.

The lowered queue amount required to start a shadow war does not help the situation either.

What they need to do is just do away with pvp maps and add a flag function where you opt in for open world pvp. Make arkfalls really fun. Heh.

Conneri
08-27-2013, 11:16 AM
There's very little hacking going on anymore. There are quite a few very skilled players, but very little hacking. And the cloak/shotgun is far less dominating these days. It takes a few rounds to get into the groove, but once you do, it's quite entertaining.

What they need to do is just do away with pvp maps and add a flag function where you opt in for open world pvp. Make arkfalls really fun. Heh.
Arkfalls with friendly fire on, would be interesting.

Rasczak
08-27-2013, 11:18 AM
There's very little hacking going on anymore. There are quite a few very skilled players, but very little hacking. And the cloak/shotgun is far less dominating these days. It takes a few rounds to get into the groove, but once you do, it's quite entertaining.

I can't argue that, since I haven't been in Defiance PvP since late April. Unfortunately, the sour taste that left has not abated just yet, so I don't have any plans to queue up anytime soon.

Krazy Karen
08-27-2013, 11:20 AM
When there's a reason to do pvp, then it will start up again.
The incentive is not there, there's also very little competition to it.
No brackets, leaderboards or anything to discern anything about it.

The lowered queue amount required to start a shadow war does not help the situation either.

Just wanted to say you made a comment about me in the locked thread.....

It was actually really funny lol :)

Anyway, PvP on the 360 is also taking like 10 min these days.....hate the waiting.....

jazz
08-27-2013, 11:44 AM

I'll have to give PvP a try again it seems, I played PvP for awhile when Defiance was first released and it was full of hacks back then that I couldn't stand it so I haven't been back since :(

BJWyler
08-27-2013, 12:15 PM
I haven't noticed any issues with ques popping during the reasonable play hours on the East Coast USA. Heck, even during the middle of the work day, I can que and get a few to pop within 20-40 minutes. It's just a matter of picking the arena that most people are queing for atm.

PseudoCool
08-27-2013, 12:22 PM
I guess I'll have to go back in and try PvP again sometime.. but I swear.. by Grabthar's Hammer.. if one of you PvP whiner/hacker/crybaby/punks shoots me through a friggin mountain again from across the map with a HANDGUN.. I'll never que up for anything again, not even to help ya'll get in!

*disclaimer* not all pvp players are whiner/hacker/crybaby/punks.. many are really good players and good friends of mine :)

rockygreen11
08-27-2013, 12:30 PM
There are great models out there right now. CS-GO is booming... Don't reinvent the wheel, just DEFI it!

Valentine
08-27-2013, 12:48 PM
There are great models out there right now. CS-GO is booming... Don't reinvent the wheel, just DEFI it!

Yep! The best way to succeed in games it seems is to copy everything that is fun but do it better and in your own way. =D Defiance is throwing new stuff in there which is great I just hope they can get on top of all these bugs rofl.

WARDUKE
08-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Like I said, I don't really PvP in shooters(FPS/TPS), but I do PvP in other games (STO). I did try the PvP here, back when I first started and was completely turned off to it. It was all Cloak Snipes and Cloak Shotguns.

I'd actually prefer it if Trion blocked EGO powers from PvP and instead use static models that give off a buff, like you can find in the Arenas.