PDA

View Full Version : Outraged at GameStop (Canada)

MaritimeMage
04-01-2013, 03:02 PM
I know this is not the correct place to vent but I am simply posting here to share my story and urge anyone who has pre-ordered from GameStop in Canada to contact them and make sure your copy is there.

On Friday March 29th 2013 I was contacted by phone by my local GameStop letting me know that my CE of Defiance has arrived and I can pick it up on launch day (Apr 2nd).

Moments ago (April 1st) I was contacted by my local GameStop again (different sales rep) informing me that my CE has been delayed in shipping & will not be arriving until Wednesday at the earliest.

Currently on hold at GameStop customer service... If you pre ordered from GS, I'd call to make sure you are not going to be in the same situation as me.

Game on!

DEFIANCE!

Desidus
04-01-2013, 03:06 PM
LOL good to know... I haven't preordered but I was planning on picking it up at gamestop. Maybe I will have to look elsewhere for it.

Hanzo_the_Razor
04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
That really stinks man. Gamestop shipped mine, it's in the possession of UPS as we speak. Hopefully It arrives tomorrow. Hope you get yours tomorrow too. Anytime I've had to call customer service they have been much more useful than the employees working their shops.

Ryeknox
04-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Total bummer man!, but I wouldn't say all of Canada's EB's [Gamestop]. Just called for my pre-order and to see if there was a midnight release. Sadly no midnight release, but he said it was going to come in. "We had a small hick-up on C.E edition, if it doesn't show by 10am it'll show up by 11am. Regular editions are solid." Definitely sucks the big one and I feel for ya. I want to back into this game so bad, waiting since trying the beta felt a lot longer than it should.

Lupis Volk
04-01-2013, 03:34 PM
In Australia our EB Games has delayed Defiance till the 11th.

Stoned Soldier
04-01-2013, 03:47 PM
I know this is not the correct place to vent but I am simply posting here to share my story and urge anyone who has pre-ordered from GameStop in Canada to contact them and make sure your copy is there.

On Friday March 29th 2013 I was contacted by phone by my local GameStop letting me know that my CE of Defiance has arrived and I can pick it up on launch day (Apr 2nd).

Moments ago (April 1st) I was contacted by my local GameStop again (different sales rep) informing me that my CE has been delayed in shipping & will not be arriving until Wednesday at the earliest.

Currently on hold at GameStop customer service... If you pre ordered from GS, I'd call to make sure you are not going to be in the same situation as me.

Game on!

DEFIANCE!
This is a classic case of one of the Employees taking your pre-ordered copy and delaying you until next shipment. classic I would definetly contact Gamestop Corporation and give them your store location/id

MaritimeMage
04-01-2013, 03:59 PM
This is a classic case of one of the Employees taking your pre-ordered copy and delaying you until next shipment. classic I would definetly contact Gamestop Corporation and give them your store location/id

Funny thing about that is if you go to gamestop.ca their 'contact us' page gives the US phone number. Spent 19 minutes on hold and 10 minutes explaining my situation only to be told that they couldn't help me. I was referred to the Canadian number, which was not toll free & gave me no option other than leaving a voicemail.

I have about an hour before my store closes... seriously considering going in and nerd raging... But I'm getting a little old for that.

n1ghtst0rm27
04-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Funny thing about that is if you go to gamestop.ca their 'contact us' page gives the US phone number. Spent 19 minutes on hold and 10 minutes explaining my situation only to be told that they couldn't help me. I was referred to the Canadian number, which was not toll free & gave me no option other than leaving a voicemail.

I have about an hour before my store closes... seriously considering going in and nerd raging... But I'm getting a little old for that.
Never too old to nerd rage.
http://www.followingthenerd.com/site/wp-content/uploads/xbox-live-gamer-nerd-rage-headset.jpg

6Strummer
04-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Damn sorry to hear about that. My regular edition better be there in the morning. I got a text saying it will be, but you never know. Hope it works out for you.

UmbrusNightshade
04-01-2013, 04:16 PM

Game on!

DEFIANCE!

That would have outraged me too. Like it has been said I'd call GameStop Corporate and let them know because it does sound like an employee jacked your CE and put you on the waiting list.

On a similar side note: Does anyone know if it's only CE/UE that should be delivered on launch day through GameStop? I ordered two copies of the game (1 CE and 1 Standard) through them and paid 1 day shipping. I got an email earlier that my CE had shipped but according to my online account they have not shipped my Standard version. Anyone have any advice on this?

Dr EveHill
04-01-2013, 04:19 PM
I am always weary of any text and/or messages I get on april 1st. I am sure it is legitamate though and you will get your game in a timely fashion. Though I would complain to them via a certified letter and email to the corporate office customer service relations.

Darth Sully
04-01-2013, 04:25 PM
I work for Walmart as an Asset Protection Manager. We usually get 50 copies of new release games and we only received 4. I just hope I can get one lol

thi_avatar
04-01-2013, 06:13 PM
All of my local Gamestop stores (US) often have questionable morals at best. They will sell games before the release date if they have it in stock and it they feel like it, if it has online content they warn people not to go online until the release date. Sometimes you will get your pre-order on the release date, sometime you will have to wait until the next shipment if the decide to sell your pre-order copy to someone else on release day. Make sure you complain to corporate so they have a record of the store screwing with customers.

Dr EveHill
04-01-2013, 06:41 PM
GS called me (didn't leave a message but I recognized the number), so I called back they wanted to inform me that my game would be available at 10 o'clock when they open the doors. Then they had two other important messages for me the first that this is a online only game. . . Yes I know I replied, he states OK good had alot of folks who didn't know they had to go online to play this. . . (Think to myself wow really?), second is they have a 50% increase on trade ins with purchases (sadly I paid up front), however there is a kinect game for the xbox(I don't have a xbox) it is .99 cents (I think its xbox maybe pc but hey thats cheap even if it is a system or game I would never play) so if I wanted to trade in games with a 50% bonus to value they take I could.

all in all thought that was neat he told me about that. But I don't see myself trading in any games to get cash towards a preowned game when I have defiance.

zartanyen
04-01-2013, 10:29 PM
I hate GS half the time I have dealt with them their has been major problems.

I do not buy used games I do not take my games in to sell I just buy new games so their almost a waste to me buy companies are giving them exclusive editions and of course their the most expensive one ( the ones I buy) so I am forced to deal/buy from them.

I have had to call and deal with the publisher of the game I have bought about 1/2 the times I have gotten a game from game stop because they messed up so bad and had the publisher go out of their way to make up for game stops mistakes it's just sad.

I only hope the PS4 and new XBOX go with that code thing and all digital games from here on out so their are no more used games and game stop can just go die from no more sales of used games.

Their also scam artists I took my old PS3 in as they where giving 50$ extra and it would save me posting it on craigslist I took my working like new PS3 in and amazingly it did not work the guy had it behind his counter where you could not see it and he tells me I will give you the refurbished price I said hey how about I buy a brand new PS3 and you hook that up and show me your testing TV works, no they don't refund brand new systems if you try to return them (really everyone else does) ok I say let me buy a refurbished one and you do the same thing he was not willing to do that either, I took it to another gamestop one not filled with crooks and guess what it worked fine go figure.

Dr EveHill
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
I noticed on the website preorder is gone as it should be. . . why is it available to now buy the ultimate edition or collectors edition? should it not be now sorry you can buy only the standard ed?

Dr EveHill
04-01-2013, 10:37 PM
now I am upset and drunk if I could had cancelled my purchase and gone online and gotten the UE I should had they screwed me out of upgrading to a UE at GS WTF I mean they didn't want my money?

Oh ok never mind checked the GS site won't let me get it says they are out guess they are.

TwistedEvil
04-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I work for Walmart as an Asset Protection Manager. We usually get 50 copies of new release games and we only received 4. I just hope I can get one lol

No midnight madness in this area for my pre ordered copy at GS...so wally world up the road (TN) from u had plenty bro. Still gotta wait til 0800 to play...sux

Dr EveHill
04-01-2013, 11:06 PM
well the game wasn't overly advertised so you most likely will get a copy

zartanyen
04-01-2013, 11:13 PM
I noticed on the website preorder is gone as it should be. . . why is it available to now buy the ultimate edition or collectors edition? should it not be now sorry you can buy only the standard ed?
As far as I knew they never ran out of UE's to order just their time line online I was able to pre order UE's if I want them saturday when I was in my local GS big city phoenix college town tempe and the game did not sell well enough to have any midnight releases around here.

From what I am hearing seeing on posts 1/2 the peole did not get their bonuses and the other half say they suck, I would rent it from gamefly and wait a month or two and keep the game for like 20$ or less.

SchwartzJesuz
04-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Im picking up my preordered Collectors Edition on the way home from College today, at my local Gamestop in Denmark. They better not have ****ed it up!