PDA

View Full Version : Initial Weapon Level (can someone clairify this for me)

Venomlaced
08-27-2013, 11:09 PM
What ever level I am if I get a drop the weapon/shield that drops will be the same level as I am at that given time.

The level of the weapon however seems to be of little importance as most of them have the exact same damage as other weapons of lower level.

Does the initial weapon level have any other effect on anything?

Example: I find/get a orange weapon level 90 with the exact same stats as a orange level 350 that I get later in the game is there some advantage to me using the level 350 weapon over the 90?

Example 2: I find a green level 90 weapon and a purple level 90 the green weapon actually has more damage than the purple but otherwise the stats are the same so does that mean the green weapon is better than the purple?

The weapon level is very confusing to me it doesn't really seem to make any sense but it might just be that my understanding is skewed. I understand the leveling of a weapons skill the more you use it the better you get with it that makes perfect sense but having a higher level weapon of a rarer grade with the same or worst stats gets confusing to me. Is there still some other reason to use the higher level weapon? Will it have a better chance to hit monsters or do more penetration damage or does the weapon level of the weapon really mean nothing at all?

A s0t
08-27-2013, 11:15 PM
all the guns are basically the same (nerfed into oblivion)
and when you master a weapon use a different one you are not getting over all weapon xp

that level 350 gun if it has more critical, reload speed, negative accuracy (its good) bonuses; then yeah it better than that level 90 gun in your example

the only things that level up are grenade and shields slowly

a list of different guides
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?113026-Great-List-of-Forum-Game-Guides

Ssdmiddleman
08-28-2013, 08:22 AM
They technically slowly get better with synergy's and weapon mastery bonuses, but for the most part they're the same.

Venomlaced
08-28-2013, 10:53 PM
I'll just hold onto my low level oranges until I get something better then. :)

JxSiN
08-29-2013, 12:37 AM
There is one exception to this. At level 1600 all ARs, all SMGs except for the pulser, and the Disruptor get an extra bonus roll. So an orange at a higher ego than this has 4 bonus rolls plus a mastery roll making them 5 roll weapons.

Also not mentioned, you cannot use a weapon that has a higher ego than yourself.

Deirachel
08-29-2013, 03:11 AM
What ever level I am if I get a drop the weapon/shield that drops will be the same level as I am at that given time.

BTW, not always. Drops are within a a certain range of your EGO (I've seen as much as 250 lower than current).

Tyger
08-29-2013, 05:23 AM
I'll just hold onto my low level oranges until I get something better then. :)

There ya' go chief. Best advice you can stick with in this game. Defy is not a gear progression mmo. The progression lies within your loadouts and actual reflexive ability to put the crosshairs on the target. The shields/grenades do tech get incrimentally better as you ego up, but the rest of the weapons ingame stay relatively the same 'cept for their bonus rolls/weap mastery roll. You'll always be on the hunt for a slightly better AR even if a new one drops with a x.85 reload over your x.80. Every lil' bit helps.