PDA

View Full Version : So how much of the PS community is leaving?

mbergeron
08-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Since the final fantasy mmo has been released just curious to know how many of you are leaving? And how is the game if you have played it?

Maitreakow
08-28-2013, 08:17 AM
Considering the percentage of any of the platform's "community" is active on the forums...

SilentShadowfox
08-28-2013, 09:17 AM
meh not me, im just a little mad about the tier 4 boxes...

Kaiselius
08-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Not me. One FF mmo was enough for me. After they butchered XI to try and shift people over to XIV, I'm done with giving SE money.

dancinhomer
08-28-2013, 09:28 AM
I think the FF game has a subscription fee, so I'm out. I won't pay a monthly fee to play a game I've purchased, PERIOD.

Although I still haven't been able to play Defiance since the last patch came out. I guess I'll have to reinstall and see what happens :-D

BarrySciFi
08-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm not leaving. FF is dead to me- ever since the FF creator (Hironobu Sacaguchi) left Square.

JxSiN
08-28-2013, 01:18 PM
I played FF14 closed beta. Was not impressed. Just a cookie cutter RPG. Didn't even bother returning for open beta, so no plans on going to the full release game

Aaricane
08-28-2013, 01:29 PM
I've pretty much left for FFXIV. So far i think it's the right choice for me.
Still holding out hope for Defiance though.

We'll see what the Friday livestream is about.

J_matt
08-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Difference between this and FF online is the fact Ff is subscription based defiance isnt and to be honest id rather be screwed without payiny subscription than with.
In real honesty i would prefered not to get screwed by the devs in general but nothings perfect

XTORT
08-28-2013, 02:17 PM
No. There are plenty of other Free 2 Play MMORPG's out there that are equal or better than FFXIV in terms of content and gameplay.

Tera Online, Rift, Neverwinter just to name a few.

Olaf
08-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Im going to be taking a break... Want to give FF a spin and definitely GTA - I think GTA Online I am most hyped for, if you havent already have a listen to this as its got me so hyped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nYIO-mkz10

GiantInMaine
08-28-2013, 04:09 PM
I think I'll call it quits when gta5 comes out well the multiplayer part at least which I don't think comes out till after the game.

Queue Can I Have Your Stuff lol.

Olaf
08-28-2013, 04:17 PM
listen to that video i posted above you Mine, an hour long talk on the gta online which comes out 2 weeks after gta launch, so i think October 1st it goes live. cant freakin wait myself. I personally look forward to stalking the atm's as other players withdraw their cash =)

GiantInMaine
08-28-2013, 04:19 PM
listen to that video i posted above you Mine, an hour long talk on the gta online which comes out 2 weeks after gta launch, so i think October 1st it goes live. cant freakin wait myself. I personally look forward to stalking the atm's as other players withdraw their cash =)

Yeah I am right now. First game I've been this excited about in a real long time.

Peavstar
08-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Like some I got to play in the Closed Beta and after that experience I will stick to Defiance and leave FF to someone else. I was not impressed at all.

Olaf
08-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Listened to that video twice lol, so excited for it, like you said I dont think ive been this excited for a game in a long time either.

roguemouser
08-28-2013, 05:31 PM
If I was going to give up on Defiance, it wouldn't have anything to do with FF. It would be the constantly getting kicked during major arkfalls, and the running into invisible trees and rocks and Volge because the graphics can't keep up with the Challenger, and all of this still happening almost 5 months after release. It would be that I payed $60 to pretty much be a beta tester after the game was officially released, and not so much as a "thank you" for putting up with it. But I haven't left yet, because I keep hoping they'll fix the issues and maybe make the game a little challenging while they're at it. Way too easy for a game with so much potential.

But when The Elder Scrolls Online comes out, we'll see how long Defiance can keep me interested.

abdul612
08-28-2013, 09:49 PM
I've already "quit" Defiance and returned to various games and MMO's, including my native DayZ and Roblox. Don't think I wanna try Runescape again after that Evolution of Combat malarky.

Heartlight
08-28-2013, 11:07 PM
Since the final fantasy mmo has been released just curious to know how many of you are leaving? And how is the game if you have played it?

I thought that FF:A Realm Reborn did a very good job of the mmorpg for the PS3 controls. Granted, I hadn't tried an mmorpg on the PS3 before so maybe what they've done with the controls wasn't new and everyone is doing it, but still it's worth mentioning. There was more than enough space to customize commands and it just took me a few minutes to get used to switching between the command hotbars. I was also really impressed with their open beta time. They had gobs and gobs of people on their servers during the test weekend and, though they had some problems, I personally didn't experience any disconnect or lag issue. I went to many, many areas and the lack of any lag whatsoever really impressed me.

Story-wise, except that it's definitely a final fantasy, I can't comment too much because I didn't go too far in the game and what I did do and where I did go, I was blindly following my 'objectives' and my map. My TV is last millennium (ok, not really, but almost) and it was very difficult for me to read all the information: quests, items, etc. Consequently, I just accepted everything and went and did what they told me just to get some playtime in. The map's a little tricky to understand but once you do, it works fine.

The character customization was not great... but it tried to trick us and appear to be great :)

Besides Defiance - which is only really a persistent world for me since I can't chat with anyone - I played WoW (for 4 years - yikes!) Finally got tired of that universe and the lag in that game. When I get a new gaming computer, I'll buy FF:ARR and give it better try but I won't buy it for the ps3 unless I get something like a 52' HDTV that I can sit right in front of :)

Hopefully this was helpful.

drackiller
08-29-2013, 04:34 AM
I played FF14 closed beta. Was not impressed. Just a cookie cutter RPG. Didn't even bother returning for open beta, so no plans on going to the full release game

Same here, did the closed beta and haven`t returned there again, plus the subscription is a no no for me.

AmnesiaHaze
08-29-2013, 06:23 AM
i might get FFXIV when it gets free to play at some point, i dont like subscription based games

Assasino
08-29-2013, 10:42 AM
Yes i am still on the forums but have not been back to Defiance for months (even though i have Season Pass)
Have been busy with other games and now am really enjoying Final Fantasy
It is pay to play but can clearly see that the game has more to do and will continue to grow
Defiance after the DLC (or dlc's) nobody knows yet

SGTquig
08-29-2013, 05:47 PM
I am officially leaving for a long while. I got the patinum last night and I am eager to play Tales of Xillia, Diablo III, and Assassin's Creed 4. I figure TRION should, hopefully, have a release date for the next DLC listed by then. So, unless they release some awesome weekly missions, I will see you in the all in the holiday season.

Bruhaha98
08-29-2013, 05:56 PM
I am officially leaving for a long while. I got the patinum last night and I am eager to play Tales of Xillia, Diablo III, and Assassin's Creed 4. I figure TRION should, hopefully, have a release date for the next DLC listed by then. So, unless they release some awesome weekly missions, I will see you in the all in the holiday season.

hey sgt, would you like to trade off some of your stuff before you leave?

SGTquig
08-29-2013, 09:12 PM
hey sgt, would you like to trade off some of your stuff before you leave?

Sorry, too late. I was dueling with people who where between 400 - 900 EGO ratings and gave them my rares after I beat them.