PDA

View Full Version : Small request about loot collecting

Ashlocke
08-28-2013, 11:32 AM
Now that you have the new sieges and mobs spawning on top of structures that we can't actually reach ourselves can you please do something about the way we collect our spoils of war?

I've always disliked the way I've had to run around after a battle collecting money, salvage, and loot, but I never bothered to post about it because I felt it wasn't bad enough to bother with plus I figured that some folks liked doing that. I'm certain that I almost always miss some loot in my scramble to collect my spoils after each battle.

But now that you have placed mobs in places where I can't physically reach in order to collect the drops from them once I've killed them now I feel like it's time I spoke up.

I don't care how you address this in the future other than to hope that you actually do something about it.

Off the top of my head, here are some ideas:

Remove the need to loot EVERYTHING, how about you make scrip and salvage automatically looted and just keep the need to loot actual gear drops like weapons and shields (and ammo of course, but I don't consider ammo loot, that's more of a game mechanic). this won't fix the issue of not being able to loot gear from the tops of structures but it would cut down on the ritual of running around for 10 minutes after every large battle.

Here's another suggestion that can actually make you real money:
Add "henchmen/sidekicks/assistants/robots" to the game. Sell them in the cash shop. Their ONLY function is to go around and collect everything that drops from foes you defeat, after every battle you just click on your little buddy and collect your stuff all at once. Give it a reasonable capacity enough to hold the spoils of a large battle. I would pay real money for one of these helpers because I dislike the loot scramble ritual so much after every large battle.

My last suggestion is to give me a Jetpack so I can get to the loot on top of those impossible to reach places.

Thanks for reading.

inox2980
08-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Now that you have the new sieges and mobs spawning on top of structures that we can't actually reach ourselves can you please do something about the way we collect our spoils of war?

I've always disliked the way I've had to run around after a battle collecting money, salvage, and loot, but I never bothered to post about it because I felt it wasn't bad enough to bother with plus I figured that some folks liked doing that. I'm certain that I almost always miss some loot in my scramble to collect my spoils after each battle.

But now that you have placed mobs in places where I can't physically reach in order to collect the drops from them once I've killed them now I feel like it's time I spoke up.

I don't care how you address this in the future other than to hope that you actually do something about it.

Off the top of my head, here are some ideas:

Remove the need to loot EVERYTHING, how about you make scrip and salvage automatically looted and just keep the need to loot actual gear drops like weapons and shields (and ammo of course, but I don't consider ammo loot, that's more of a game mechanic). this won't fix the issue of not being able to loot gear from the tops of structures but it would cut down on the ritual of running around for 10 minutes after every large battle.

Add "henchmen/sidekicks/assistants/robots" to the game. Sell them in the cash shop. Their ONLY function is to go around and collect everything that drops from foes you defeat, after every battle you just click on your little buddy and collect your stuff all at once. Give it a reasonable capacity enough to hold the spoils of a large battle. I would pay real money for one of these helpers because I dislike the loot scramble ritual so much after every large battle.

My last suggestion is to give me a Jetpack so I can get to the loot on top of those impossible to reach places.

Thanks for reading.

I like the auto-loot system idea a great deal and the idea of a purchasable henchman (in lieu of the auto-loot function.) But I think the auto-loot idea should have a customizable option where you can tick if you want to auto-loot items. Scrip/salvage should be automatic. I can't see a negative reason why you would NOT want this.

Maitreakow
08-28-2013, 11:52 AM
My vote is for the jet-pack...

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Auto-loot option would be great. It could also help lag & rendering not having 300 glowing white objects everywhere

crasher
08-28-2013, 12:25 PM
Auto-loot option would be great. It could also help lag & rendering not having 300 glowing white objects everywhere
I kinda like this one a lot tho I've vacillated between 'That'd be kewl' to 'It makes the game a little too 'automatic' '....

The other one that bugs me especially at sieges is that the loot seems to disappear a lot faster than after other conflicts.
It's annoying to see an empty field after a conflict but its a real PITA to run up to something just as it disappears.

Yeah, I know, First World Problem, and all, but it's still a pain.

Most annoying is finding you have a full inventory, you go in to find something to delete and come back out to see an empty spot at your feet where that hunka booty was just glimmering a moment ago.

I killed the bad guy, I won his stuff, I WANT THE STUFF. :)

Xaearth
08-28-2013, 12:37 PM

Uh...
They charge $5 for a recolor of a pair of sunglasses that cannot be customized in any way, shape, or form.

How much do you expect to pay for this suggestion? ... The design and implementation of which is a helluva lot more time and resource consuming than tinting some sunglasses rose-colored...

crasher
08-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Uh...
They charge $5 for a recolor of a pair of sunglasses that cannot be customized in any way, shape, or form.

How much do you expect to pay for this suggestion? ... The design and implementation of which is a helluva lot more time and resource consuming than tinting some sunglasses rose-colored...
I think they lose more revenue than that in people who get pissed and quit, never to buy anything in the store at all or again every time they nerf another weapon into a marshmallow shooter.

People dont buy an FPS to be handed a fluffy pillow as a weapon, and dont stick around long for that foolishness.

A s0t
08-28-2013, 12:56 PM
I think they lose more revenue than that in people who get pissed and quit, never to buy anything in the store at all or again every time they nerf another weapon into a marshmallow shooter.

People dont buy an FPS to be handed a fluffy pillow as a weapon, and dont stick around long for that foolishness.
why you think it is $5

Nadar
08-28-2013, 12:57 PM
I kinda like this one a lot tho I've vacillated between 'That'd be kewl' to 'It makes the game a little too 'automatic' '....

I lean toward the 'too automatic'. While it is sometimes a bother to run around collecting loot after a battle, psychologically, it does provide explicit reward for your actions....although running around picking up 1 or 2 scrip reward is a bit too close to picking up pennies...getting the multiple 750 ark salvage rewards after a major ark fall boss is vanquished is pretty good.

I like the idea of having a bot that you can deploy. It saves the bother of running around yet provides the explicit feedback of getting a reward. Although the bot needs to be semi-autonomous....let me deploy it and then get on with whatever I want to do next while it does its thing. I'm sure the animation will be interesting.... the first time...and then I want to be able to completely ignore the visual aspect of what it does.

DarknessEyes PT
08-28-2013, 01:03 PM
Where can i buy the robot that auto loots? I can't find it in bits store!!!!

Best idea ever...

Nadar
08-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Uh...

You are mixing up 'price' with 'cost'....they don't necessarily have anything to do with one another.

While you are correct that the programming behind something like this would likely be much more extensive than tinting sunglasses, it also isn't very complex (in the overall scheme of programming tasks)...although considering the other enhancements that should be simple to implement (such as multi-select for weapon salvage) that have been complained about extensively and had nothing done about, it is difficult to judge what may be simple or difficult within the Defiance programming realm.

Xaearth
08-28-2013, 01:15 PM
You are mixing up 'price' with 'cost'....they don't necessarily have anything to do with one another.

While you are correct that the programming behind something like this would likely be much more extensive than tinting sunglasses, it also isn't very complex (in the overall scheme of programming tasks)...although considering the other enhancements that should be simple to implement (such as multi-select for weapon salvage) that have been complained about extensively and had nothing done about, it is difficult to judge what may be simple or difficult within the Defiance programming realm.

And you're mixing up a relatively simple script that executes on command to loot all within a given area with an actual animated "thing" the script is attached to.

Either way, even half-assing it would take considerable effort compared to what we already have available for purchase in the bit store (all reskins/recolors), which was my point, slight jab at the ridiculous pricing structure of the bit store aside.

Indra Echo
08-28-2013, 01:18 PM
OP, some great ideas here.

I do like the fact that Volge appear up on top of things, but getting to the loot is frustrating. I'm never sure that the loot won't just go away at some point, because this has happened to me at emergencies before. So, I spend time running around to collect it or trying to get up a hill instead of doing the siege. I earned it, I want to make sure I get it.

I really do think it would be nice if all of the Volge converged upon cap points like happened with the Afflicted, even the Bombers. They all seem to have really no movement toward the points. Or very slow ones. The only ones that threaten points are those that spawn by them. It also might be nice if they introduced some new minor Volge characters and changed the way the waves work. Maybe some Volge drones, small, fast, and part of the early stages.

As it is too many Volge are killed far from the cap points so loot is spread everywhere including up on buildings.

Ashlocke
08-28-2013, 01:20 PM
I was being half sarcastic with the jet Pack suggestion but it didn't come through too well in my post. Curse you auditory context clues!

Me personally I would want a henchman that looked like Varus Soleptor (dunno the name of his alien race) and has dialogue full of comical greedy one-liners.

"Oh a shiney!"
"Oh another shiney!"
"My precious..."
"My work contract states that I get a 20% finders fee..."
"I can has a raise?"

etc.

Indra Echo
08-28-2013, 01:23 PM

It could be implemented in a way like decoy is-maybe just for fun you only see it leaving you and in your proximity, but then auto-collect kicks in. To you, it looks like your collection robot is doing the job, but it's just that the game is giving you the stuff you earned.

As for the discussion over the store. Prices in the store are what they are. Whether it's sunglasses or vehicles it's a price set that people either agree with or don't. Nothing in the store is needed (unlike things in some other game stores). I'd like everything to be a dollar, but then I'd like if everything I bought in real life was super cheap too. It would make it much easier for me to decide to buy.

Indra Echo
08-28-2013, 01:25 PM
I was being half sarcastic with the jet Pack suggestion but it didn't come through too well in my post. Curse you auditory context clues!

Me personally I would want a henchman that looked like Varus Soleptor (dunno the name of his alien race) and has dialogue full of comical greedy one-liners.

"Oh a shiney!"
"Oh another shiney!"
"My precious..."
"I can has a raise?"

etc.

This would be funny. I keep thinking of Lydia in Skyrim--"I am sworn to carry your burdens." I want a Datak Tarr henchman that has an attitude. Or maybe Bob the Hellbug.

Ashlocke
09-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Thanks to another poster in another thread who was posting pics from the game's development apparently Defiance already has some pets made, why not use them! Here's a the link:

http://videogame-art.com/portfolio/tactical-artillery-enhanced-techbot-defiance/

Bentu
09-17-2013, 03:48 AM
Whats wrong with rose tinted glasses?

VicousBlood
09-17-2013, 03:59 AM
+1 on jetpack + helmet from The Rocketeer

Jolene
09-17-2013, 04:00 AM

"Oh a shiney!"
"Oh another shiney!"
"My precious..."
"I can has a raise?"

etc.

LOL!!! I like that.

LITTLE B1RD
09-17-2013, 07:26 AM
What if they could add an "auto add loot" perk to put in a loadout.

Would that not eliminate some of the rendering issues w/ the 'shineys' all over the ground?

Scrip and salvage automatically added, then, because I know Trion wants people to buy inventory slots, there could be maybe a 3 slots space in claims section, if your inventory is full, for weapon drops.

It would only work if you have the perk equipped, and it would only pick up the next 3 weapon drops after a full inventory.

At least if you were caught up in the heat of the battle, you would still feel like you walked away with something, instead of feeling like you may have missed something special, especially if you got lagged.

Zugo
09-17-2013, 08:47 AM
More ideas for the forum grinder, but don't expect any coffee. Our creative thinking here is not something Trion will ever adopt.

On a side note, I burned my thumb right where I normally tap the spacebar.

crasher
09-17-2013, 11:05 AM
More ideas for the forum grinder, but don't expect any coffee. Our creative thinking here is not something Trion will ever adopt.

On a side note, I burned my thumb right where I normally tap the spacebar.
Being a 'two fingered typist' I will exploit this information to the fullest until you are back to full combat fitness.

Drewbud
02-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Necro'ing this thread because with grenade changes, spikes, stims, and siege loot on top of things I think this kind of discussion seems more then relevant again.

internaut
02-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Nah, it will make the game less strategic. :cool:

Drewbud
02-11-2014, 08:34 AM
ROFL! I was thinking that they would use this as a reason! Like running around to pick up junk from the ground is a major mechanic even.

Binky
02-11-2014, 10:40 AM
ROFL! I was thinking that they would use this as a reason! Like running around to pick up junk from the ground is a major mechanic even.

It is when the loot is on a timer shorter than the event by a large factor.
So loot that you 'liberate' towards the beginning of an event are frequently gone by the midpoint of a longer event, and the stuff that's on the ground towards the end is starting to disappear as you run up to it.

Eddie Wolfhound
02-11-2014, 12:19 PM
Perhaps a in-game large vacuum that looks like a Ghostbusters backpack so that you don't have to run over scrip etc to collect it. It just has a very large area of suction that lets you decide if you wish to collect a weapon but automatically sucks up scrip, ammo etc.

Arsenic_Touch
02-11-2014, 01:43 PM

"Oh a shiney!"
"Oh another shiney!"
"My precious..."
"I can has a raise?"

etc.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. I would spend money on this and I don't know why. Also needs some dialogue for when you hit him with a melee strike.

rebtattoo
02-11-2014, 01:49 PM

"Oh a shiney!"
"Oh another shiney!"
"My precious..."
"I can has a raise?"

etc."Oh look! It's Christmas!"

I, too, approve of this a would like any literature you have on the subject upon purchase of my own "henchman", so that I may spread the good word with my friends and fellow players.

Sorry for the bizarre sentence. Wasn't sure how to break that one up properly.