PDA

View Full Version : My one charge blade gripe

Cycloptomese
08-28-2013, 03:13 PM
First, I'd like to say that I like the charge blades themselves. As a weapon, they're fun and satisfying to use. The problem that I have is that there is no associated weapon skill for leveling/ego rating points. This makes it so that any time I'm using a charge blade, I feel as though I'm wasting my time because I could be using weapons that will net me ego rating and bonuses.

Has anyone else had this feeling?

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-28-2013, 04:21 PM
First, I'd like to say that I like the charge blades themselves. As a weapon, they're fun and satisfying to use. The problem that I have is that there is no associated weapon skill for leveling/ego rating points. This makes it so that any time I'm using a charge blade, I feel as though I'm wasting my time because I could be using weapons that will net me ego rating and bonuses.

Yes that is one of the problems with them. Not being able to move while attacking is another. I get a nice laugh everytime someone tries to kill me with one. They usually can't even get within striking range before I pop their heads off.

WhiteGoblin
08-28-2013, 04:26 PM

*Raises hand*

Not buying one of those till there's some kind of progress. I've been swinging swords since UO so I don't really feel the need to use 'em in an FPS only for the pure pleasure of it.<

Edit: Wait.... that sounds really weird...

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-28-2013, 04:28 PM
*Raises hand*

Not buying one of those till there's some kind of progress. I've been swinging swords since UO so I don't really feel the need to use 'em in an FPS only for the pure pleasure of it.

Yeah I don't use them nor will I ever buy one, but I keep getting them in tier 4 lockboxes. Have 3 blue I can't trade so just going to salvage them.

3rdpig
08-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Yes that is one of the problems with them. Not being able to move while attacking is another. I get a nice laugh everytime someone tries to kill me with one. They usually can't even get within striking range before I pop their heads off.

Welcome to the joy of using a Bronze Age weapon system on a on a modern battlefield. There's a reason swords disappeared from the battlefield shortly after repeating shot firearms were invented.

Pipes
08-28-2013, 05:01 PM

That does happen a lot tbh lol. One solution I find is if you are using blur , to jump full sprint about 8 meters from the target forvthe jump attack opener, makes you a lot harder to hit and you can come in from an angle, then roll right after so their initial kneejerk sawn off reaction misses. Then slash away. Works quite well. The main problem is with blur however that they see you coming so they tend to ready thier one shot weapon.

Stealth actually works quite well if you come in from behind, jumping attack gets the bonus dmg from tne perk, the charge doesnt though because the animations too long.

Notturno
08-28-2013, 05:06 PM

It's a clunky crab walking animation that causes them to be undesirable. Rather than recycling the melee system from butt strikes, we have the looped slashing animation that does not allow for movement. It makes dodging strikes a trivial affair in PvP. It would make far more sense to allow free movement while continuously slashing - it would likely give the weapon a far more fluid feel.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-28-2013, 05:06 PM
That does happen a lot tbh lol. One solution I find is if you are using blur , to jump full sprint about 8 meters from the target forvthe jump attack opener, makes you a lot harder to hit and you can come in from an angle, then roll right after so their initial kneejerk sawn off reaction misses. Then slash away. Works quite well. The main problem is with blur however that they see you coming so they tend to ready thier one shot weapon.

Stealth actually works quite well if you come in from behind, jumping attack gets the bonus dmg from tne perk, the charge doesnt though because the animations too long.

Yeah seen people try that too. Would work if I didn't have my poopshoes vbi ar. At best I may have to jump/roll back before finishing them off.

Bud44
08-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Arkfalls are funny now because there are always a bunch of people humping the crystal. Problem is, the game won't load their skin or weapon, so you don't see the sword or the animation. Just a bunch of moans and groans as they hump away. Seems silly.

Bladed weapons do not belong in a shooter. The end.

DeadMike
08-28-2013, 05:35 PM
This is also why I only use grenades when I absolutely have to. It's wasted weapon exp.

Tyger
08-28-2013, 05:38 PM

...yea v.v' It's one thing I got nagging me in the back of my head when I play. But..!! It's an energy blade so I shrug it off. Plus, I know I wasted plenty of time when I first started playing with weapons that I maxed up early on, so It's not that bad for me. Sure would like a skill lvl for it though.

dude26212
08-28-2013, 06:09 PM
actually you can move and attack with them you just have to hit the old melee button. its a jab attack and i think it did a lil more dmg then the light attack but it dosent chain together like useing the standard attack. at least thats what i knowticed on the ps3 last night while i was fiddling with the one i just got for free

Ssdmiddleman
08-28-2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah I do wish they would've made a charge blade or charge weapons class level.

Pyth
08-28-2013, 06:54 PM
What bugs me is that at Arkfalls when people are going all samurai on the Crystal, there's no animation. Looks like a group of black dudes in pillow jackets circle jerking a helpless rock.

Don't know if I should submit a ticket or contact the local authorities.

Ssdmiddleman
08-28-2013, 06:59 PM
What bugs me is that at Arkfalls when people are going all samurai on the Crystal, there's no animation. Looks like a group of black dudes in pillow jackets circle jerking a helpless rock.

Don't know if I should submit a ticket or contact the local authorities.

You should probably do both, just to be safe..

ten4
08-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Agree, severely disappointed that these cannot be leveled because a) I was hoping for another 80 ego since I refuse to PvP to hit cap b) guns outclass the blade due to fact you get extra stats since you can level them 1-20 c) guns also out class it since they get synergies + up to 5 extra sub stats.

I just removed blade build from my load outs and shant be using it again. Guns >>>>>>>> blades in every way.

My thought is add a third weapon slot for melee weapons like this other wise it's just a gimmick weapon that in the end gimps my performance more than anything else.

AngersRevenge
08-29-2013, 05:47 AM
This is also why I only use grenades when I absolutely have to. It's wasted weapon exp.
Use a flash grenade. It'll stun em and you can mow them down with your weapon. Plus, it lets you revive players easier. Throw a flash nade into the group of mobs surrounding a player and rez him/her while the mobs are stunned.

AmnesiaHaze
08-29-2013, 07:51 AM

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/august2009/IndianaJones.gif

Elric1
08-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Yeah seen people try that too. Would work if I didn't have my poopshoes vbi ar. At best I may have to jump/roll back before finishing them off.

which is why I aim to ump behind for a better chance my aoe would hit. once they start poppin in the air they try to dodge but rarely I ever seen it done and I don't even pvp. I lost but it's more keep distance then getting out once in.

Elric1
08-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Dude that's waaaaay too sexual to say!

lets circle jerk on her face instead

Seriously I like the image but wtf I hope the feds are called on you. I mean kids visit these forums you freak ***.

where are the %^&*() mods??

A s0t
08-29-2013, 08:52 AM
its a M rated game dude.....its not kiddy Pron.....its a nakkid girl lol, wth cares??

she not even good looking

where is sbr when you need him

Elric1
08-29-2013, 11:37 AM
she not even good looking

where is sbr when you need him

well she was cute... Just can't believe think that just because this was an M rated games this site that ANYONE can access would allow such in it =/

thejx4
08-29-2013, 01:10 PM
It's a clunky crab walking animation that causes them to be undesirable. Rather than recycling the melee system from butt strikes, we have the looped slashing animation that does not allow for movement. It makes dodging strikes a trivial affair in PvP. It would make far more sense to allow free movement while continuously slashing - it would likely give the weapon a far more fluid feel.

All melee in this game is rigid and awkward. Also poorly animated. Except the Dark Matter roundhouse kick.

While I agree that you should be allowed to move, they would have to tweak the weapon damage. Charge blades are pretty damn lethal.

cusman
08-29-2013, 01:24 PM

Kind of a mixed blessing... I like getting some rewards for using a weapon and it getting little stronger, but I don't like grinding the weapon until it becomes strong enough to be useful.

The charge blades are good out the gate except that you can't swing a sword while running/moving... thats the miss in my view.

fang1192
08-29-2013, 01:28 PM
Couldn't we get a charge blade pursuit to supplement EGO levels?

For example:
Kill X enemies with the Charge Blade OR do Y damage with a Charge Blade. (I'd actually prefer both as separate pursuits).

Reward: EGO +4

Then you just scale with typical weapon level scaling.

Edit: You can even make it kill a specific enemy with the Charge Blade.

For Example:
Kill a Mutant Grenadier or Mutant Minigunner in Mount Tam with the Charge Blade
Kill a Raider Tanker in Madera with the Charge Blade.
Kill a Blacklung in Marin with the Charge Blade.
Kill a Bulwark in San Francisco with the Charge Blade.
and so on....