PDA

View Full Version : Scoring parameters at sieges and DM A-fall question, among other stuffs.

crasher
08-28-2013, 03:18 PM
There are some details I just don't know about the events in the title. I don't know whether I'm supposed to figure this stuff out on my own, whether there's an actual back-story to some of it, or whether it's all just stuff that happens with no specific detail known and we just roll with it.

A.) Scoring points at a Siege:
1.) Just how does the game server score events in Sieges besides just killing stuff for whatever points the server feels like awarding? Do I get different points from turrets that I upgraded Vs general turrets that someone else upgraded, or is an upgraded turret shared equally? It seems a little hokey to be able to run around and upgrade all the turrets if it degrades other players scoring. Anyone have guidelines?
2.) Is there a particular hierarchy other than the 'Shoot troopers/Bombers/Viscera, in that order' that scores better?
3.) How does the game score recapturing a point?
4.) Is the 'recapture' done the same way as in the afflicted sieges: shooting the point itself to recapture it, or does it automatically revert to captured when the final Volge AT the point is killed?

B. DM at A-falls:
1.) There was discussion about using up the green stuff 'too soon/early'. I'm not sure I understand correctly, or I might be missing something in technique. I'm not the guy that picks up the 'special weapon' or green stuff at an A-fall, so I dont know how it affects any scoring or game play.
2.) What specifically are the DM trying to accomplish at the consoles at an A-fall, and what am I supposed to be doing besides just generally killing them? Am I supposed to be activating/deactivating something?
3.) Is there a sequence I should know about?

C.) In general there are 3 sets of colored numbers while shooting badguys at a Siege/A-fall/Event. I see White, Purple and Mustard Yellow numbers:
1.) I assume White is damage, purple is critical point damage and yellow is going to 'perk points', but I'm unclear.
2.) If I'm passed needing perk points, and I frequently don't see yellow scoring numbers in game any more, why am I seeing yellow numbers at Sieges and some A-falls? Something other than perk point scoring, or the devs coded it in such a way that they forgot to omit the yellows for people in my situation?
3.)Why can I get partial damage score numbers and then a final kill number that exceeds the one-shot-kill on many MOBs?

D.) I stop shooting to rez as soon/often as I find somebody down *most* of the time. The exception is usually based on:
1.) How close the local badguy is to the downed player.
2.) How close the badguy is to dead.
3.) Whether the badguy should be dead first to avoid rezzing somebody into a furball.

We don't have a 'Rezzed Other/Needed Rez' catagory in the totals. Are they counted in the scoring? If so, how much? I'll continue to do it for 'free', but I'd like to know if it's being noted on my permanent record or not to offset all those times I got detention in school. I also wish they'd included a 'You were rezzed by: XXX YYY ZZZ' in the rewards text.

Any discussion on any of these points is welcome, as is any link to info that's got answers would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading. I apologize for typos and any unclear shtako in the above.

DarknessEyes PT
08-28-2013, 03:33 PM
Sieges:

Kill order: Elite bomber, Elite trooper, Bomber, Trooper, Viscera, Elite viscera.
Capture: You must stay near the control point to capture it, only troopers can capture control points.
Turrets: You get same points if you don't upgrade turrets, so don't waste your salvage because someone will do it for you.
Ego: Blur, allows you to loot during intervals.
Advice: Don't change location, chose a capture point and stick with it.
Healing/Rezing: Both count for your score (Siphon not included).

Dark matter arkfall:

The green stuff boost your damage, speed, etc.
Go near the green machine (the progress bar must be full), press <keybind> to activate and all players near the machine get the boost.

Damage:

White is a normal hit that reduces health.
Yellow is a critical hit that reduces health (Some arkfall bosses only take critical hits).
Blue is a normal hit that reduces shield.
Blue/Purple is a critical hit that reduces shield.

Arsenic_Touch
08-28-2013, 03:52 PM
Sieges:

Kill order: Elite bomber, Elite trooper, Bomber, Trooper, Viscera, Elite viscera.

No. Troopers always die first, elite or non elite. They're the ones that can capture the points. Troopers, then bombers then viscera. Anything else and you're doing it wrong.

Nighthawk62
08-28-2013, 04:12 PM
B. DM at A-falls:
1.) There was discussion about using up the green stuff 'too soon/early'. I'm not sure I understand correctly, or I might be missing something in technique. I'm not the guy that picks up the 'special weapon' or green stuff at an A-fall, so I dont know how it affects any scoring or game play.There are people who use the consoles even during the "breaks". Getting the boost is useless when there are no enemies around to use it on ;) .

2.) What specifically are the DM trying to accomplish at the consoles at an A-fall, and what am I supposed to be doing besides just generally killing them? Am I supposed to be activating/deactivating something? The enemies can get the boost from the consoles, too. So stopping them from getting it is a good thing. You don't want to go up against an Elite Bulwark on crack!

JxSiN
08-28-2013, 04:15 PM
No. Troopers always die first, elite or non elite. They're the ones that can capture the points. Troopers, then bombers then viscera. Anything else and you're doing it wrong.

Agreed. I always top 20k and focus on troopers first. Also use your salvage for those turrets. Many people don't. They help proc radiation on mobs when fully upgraded so they are a very valuable commodity

DarknessEyes PT
08-28-2013, 04:26 PM

I don't care about capture points, i'm taking about health/score.

http://2fun4ucorporation.com/defiance/Siege02.PNG
http://2fun4ucorporation.com/defiance/Siege03.PNG

drdoob
08-28-2013, 05:16 PM
yeah focus on troopers and bombers, and heal on the visceras. Unless your on damaging them from the start you'll get more points from the heal assist... 600-650 on viscera and 900-950 on elite viscera for heal assists.

Here's my 2 best scores

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/drdoob2/90773db0-0c18-498e-b4fa-cbc515faf02f_zpsb84aa85b.jpg?t=1377677732

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/drdoob2/8ff1a8b8-1d10-40d3-aa96-2669008b5b17_zpsa967956e.jpg?t=1377337317

ten4
08-28-2013, 06:46 PM
Get to 20k and then go afk until it ends imo. All that effort to get to top is forgotten 5 seconds after. Only thing that matters to me is getting rank 10 since there is now way in hell a pug zerg will ever go past rank 11. Usually it only goes to 8, 9, and occasionally 10. I guess people love to brag but jokes on them, NO ONE CARES BUT YOU. lol.

Anyways, I prioritize troopers since bombers and viscera knock me around like a pinball if I get aggro on them which I always do, even if I only shoot them with one bullet.

Iceberg
08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
Get to 20k and then go afk until it ends imo. All that effort to get to top is forgotten 5 seconds after. Only thing that matters to me is getting rank 10 since there is now way in hell a pug zerg will ever go past rank 11. Usually it only goes to 8, 9, and occasionally 10. I guess people love to brag but jokes on them, NO ONE CARES BUT YOU. lol.

Anyways, I prioritize troopers since bombers and viscera knock me around like a pinball if I get aggro on them which I always do, even if I only shoot them with one bullet.

This. I have gone to so many of these sieges only to have them get to stage 10 with a minute to go and the people just care to much about their healing points to help out with getting it to stage 11. Bring a wolfhound and get those crit hits, the faster you put down those volge the faster the stage can end.

ten4
08-28-2013, 07:18 PM
This. I have gone to so many of these sieges only to have them get to stage 10 with a minute to go and the people just care to much about their healing points to help out with getting it to stage 11. Bring a wolfhound and get those crit hits, the faster you put down those volge the faster the stage can end.

Nah, I use a frc carbine or SAW with stalker instead. Wolfhound is awesome when you are in short range but really lacks when a target is outside of that which at a siege is always the case. I suppose the real tricks to getting 20k personal score is this...get there within 2 minutes of start and NEVER stop shooting unless between stages.

gonzo570
08-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Using a BMG to heal others between baddy waves can make a big difference in your score as well. The first time I did that I got a huge score jump.

Deirachel
08-29-2013, 12:50 AM
There are people who use the consoles even during the "breaks". Getting the boost is useless when there are no enemies around to use it on ;) .

Not always true.

The DM Arkfalls combine both the "red" and "blue" crystal type of minors. You have to read the screen to find out the objective of the minor you are at. I was just at a DM arkfall that timed out, because people assumed all the minors are the same. During breaks for "defeat waves", using the consoles/green boost is useless. During breaks for "destroy the ark core", getting EVERYONE to boost and hit the core at the same time is IMPORTANT.

Iceberg
08-29-2013, 03:20 AM
Nah, I use a frc carbine or SAW with stalker instead. Wolfhound is awesome when you are in short range but really lacks when a target is outside of that which at a siege is always the case. I suppose the real tricks to getting 20k personal score is this...get there within 2 minutes of start and NEVER stop shooting unless between stages.

Thats just it, the troopers always come at me since I camp the capture point. So I can get the close range crit hits all day long. Getting 20k score is the easy part, the hard part is getting past stage 10.

Tekrunner
08-29-2013, 05:28 AM

I'm sure that works well when there are many other players with you. But I know that if I'm with a limited number of people, and I'm doing a bomber-heavy wave, I should focus on bombers first, otherwise I'll just end up being stun-locked by the blue and pink rain of death.

Visceras and Elite Visceras can definitely cap points btw. They don't seem to have a capture animation, they just stand in front of the ark core, but they can cap pretty damn fast. I think they're more easily distracted by turrets and other players than troopers, but if left completely alone they will cap your points, so be careful.

@crasher: if you need info on DM arkfalls, read this: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?122842-Recap-The-Dark-Matter-Arkfalls-%28videos-tips-and-feedback%29. And for sieges: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?122060-Recap-The-Five-Volge-Sieges-%28videos-tips-feedback%29.

Only thing that matters to me is getting rank 10 since there is now way in hell a pug zerg will ever go past rank 11. Usually it only goes to 8, 9, and occasionally 10.

Yesterday I was in a siege that reached wave 13 (completed wave 12). I don't think it was a clan event or anything like that, just random people. But everyone was using decent weapons, no one was leeching healing points or trying to level up their immunizer, all turrets were upgraded, and people remained spread out fairly evenly between points. That's pretty much all you need to make it past wave 10.

Nilxain
08-29-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm sure that works well when there are many other players with you. But I know that if I'm with a limited number of people, and I'm doing a bomber-heavy wave, I should focus on bombers first, otherwise I'll just end up being stun-locked by the blue and pink rain of death.

This is my reasoning too. Trooper > Bomber if there are enough people. Bomber > Trooper if there are too few People - for the exact reasons you stated. Default order is Trooper first for sure though.

Yesterday I was in a siege that reached wave 13 (completed wave 12). I don't think it was a clan event or anything like that, just random people. But everyone was using decent weapons, no one was leeching healing points or trying to level up their immunizer, all turrets were upgraded, and people remained spread out fairly evenly between points. That's pretty much all you need to make it past wave 10.

I recently posted the scores (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?129402-Some-of-My-Siege-Scores-with-Different-Weapons) from a large range of weapons. What I believe it shows is that if you want to get to the higher stages you need to use weapons that can put a lot of sustained DPS on their heads at range. But, if you just want to get T4 you can pick a great many weapons to do so.