PDA

View Full Version : Spent $10 For Arks that never finish?

Decibel
08-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Seriously? How long is it going to take you fellers to get things right in there? (Hears a long echo).
Just bought the DLC. Never felf more ripped off in my entire 44 yrs of life. Do you people even HAVE a staff?
Do they work? Or just sit around all friggn day drinking energy drinks and shoveling dougnut holes in they're faces waiting to feel they're arteries hardening?

Fix whats BROKE before you add MORE broke crap to the game please. Would be super cool.

Thanks in advance,
Disgruntled Lab Rat.

A s0t
08-28-2013, 08:40 PM
go buy two worlds 2 dlc when it wasn't sale :p

SHADOWBROKER
08-28-2013, 08:55 PM
hey i have only finished 3 dark matter arkfalls out of the 30 something i have played. its crazy right! cant wait for the next dlc. when that come out we wont be playing at all.

Mitch Konnor_ingame
08-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Suxks to be you guys. I haven't had any problems with them yet. I don't feel like anything for $10 is a rip-off, but then again, I'll spend that in an hour playing DDR and House of the Dead at the local arcade . . .$10 probably doesn't even pay a single hour of work, so in all honesty, play something else and come back after the next patch. ANYWAYS, it's an MMO, so it's honestly to be expected.

joriel
08-28-2013, 09:04 PM
Its funny how many people are still sleeping. Thinking Oh everything will be alright . Wake up if we dont speak out nothing changes!!!

SHADOWBROKER
08-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Suxks to be you guys. I haven't had any problems with them yet. I don't feel like anything for $10 is a rip-off, but then again, I'll spend that in an hour playing DDR and House of the Dead at the local arcade . . .$10 probably doesn't even pay a single hour of work, so in all honesty, play something else and come back after the next patch. ANYWAYS, it's an MMO, so it's honestly to be expected.well i guess thats good for you and i gotta say you must be lost see this post is for people that have problems with their game right now and here you come with this crap. let me save you some time here and say who cares? so yeah thanks for the info.

Decibel
08-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Its funny how many people are still sleeping. Thinking Oh everything will be alright . Wake up if we dont speak out nothing changes!!!

Well one thing is for sure. I'm not the first to and nothing has changed yet.

Decibel
08-28-2013, 09:13 PM
well i guess thats good for you and i gotta say you must be lost see this post is for people that have problems with their game right now and here you come with this crap. let me save you some time here and say who cares? so yeah thanks for the info.

And no doubt right? Like who tf cares if your games proper. Great for you. This post obviously has ZERO to do with people playing the game with no issues. Thanks for the worthless troll fest though. Please drive through.

Schmiznurf
08-28-2013, 10:59 PM
You didn't pay for the new arkfalls, problem solved.

Mitch Konnor_ingame
08-28-2013, 11:18 PM

That's all I'm saying. If you're here to submit a query about bugs or something, then great, but when you act like a whiney little "b", just ****. It's a whiney complaint that only satisfies some d head's need to insult people who are trying to make and run a game. There is no need to "report" a problem in such a way.

Decibel
08-28-2013, 11:20 PM

Well I damn sure didn't pay for a 4 seat pos that a golf cart can out run. And again, as stated above. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem. Wrong thread Smurfytroll. Thanks again for the useless input though. Thumbs ^

Decibel
08-28-2013, 11:24 PM
That's all I'm saying. If you're here to submit a query about bugs or something, then great, but when you act like a whiney little "b", just ****. It's a whiney complaint that only satisfies some d head's need to insult people who are trying to make and run a game. There is no need to "report" a problem in such a way.

So your trolling the same OFF TOPIC BS, thats right ay? Heres a better idea. How about the 2 of ya go get on the "cool buss" and sit with each other in the back and remind how cool you are because you on the cool buss and ride in the back seat. Anything really. Start your own topic for it, go all out. Just keep your trolling a*s off this post if you have nothing relevant to the topic.

Greezy
08-28-2013, 11:42 PM

^ This guy is obviously new to defiance. Stick around a little bit and you will begin to understand why everyone is *****ing!

DAG
08-28-2013, 11:50 PM
They need to fix the volge's weapons..there bullets/lasers/w.e always seem to find u no matter how much u roll or jump and they seem to go thru stuff...like giant rocks, or raider trucks...i needed a brake today i was getting kinda upset lol

Greezy
08-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Eh get a decent weapon with siphon and you will do just fine :)

DAG
08-28-2013, 11:56 PM
Eh get a decent weapon with siphon and you will do just fine :)
Syphon is the weapons with the purple swirl on them right? i got the game on release but i stopped playing because so many bugs, but now im back! lol so many new stuff damn Volge worst enemy in video games next to the phantoms from ME3

Greezy
08-29-2013, 12:01 AM
Haha yeah its the purple thing. This game is still filled with bugs... Trion better get their **** together asap!

Greezy
08-29-2013, 12:02 AM
And the phantoms were a real pain in the *** lol

Decibel
08-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Haha yeah its the purple thing. This game is still filled with bugs... Trion better get their **** together asap!

t's not just Volge weaps that are eff'd. Almost all the weapons hit boxes are ******ed. The energy sword actually does LESS dmg the closer you are to the target lol. Melee weapon doing less dmg the closer you are to it. Ya. List of problems is endless. People coming in a thread like this saying their crap works fine are great. This is not the tread for them though. Should be pretty fregg'n obvious by now.

l1ttlebanshee
08-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Decibel's wording may have been a bit harsh but he's frustrated just like everyone else. Take a look around the forum - for the past couple of days people have been posting about bugs that are making it near impossible to play. Even right now, a whole lot of players can't even connect to a server. If they do actually connect, they're told they'll have to wait hours or even days. If they do get into a map, they are the only player on that map and matchmaking is completely screwed. I think we all understand server issues are standard for MMOs but what it's really hard to be just as understanding about is the fact that Trion hasn't even acknowledged the problem. They're silence is what's fueling a lot of the harshness. As impatient as it sounds this has been going on for a few hours now, and I'm sure they have people monitoring the servers at all times. It's hard for me to believe they don't know that there is a serious issue with the game right now, yet nothing has been said on twitter and nothing has been said on here.. I'm not asking for an instant fix, I'm happy to wait as long as they say I need too. But we count on them to keep the game playable so it's incredibly frustrating when there is such an obvious problem and there is no communication between the groups.

Talk about first world problems though. lulz

Bob Blunderbust
08-29-2013, 01:07 AM
Suxks to be you guys. I haven't had any problems with them yet. I don't feel like anything for $10 is a rip-off, but then again, I'll spend that in an hour playing DDR and House of the Dead at the local arcade . . .$10 probably doesn't even pay a single hour of work, so in all honesty, play something else and come back after the next patch. ANYWAYS, it's an MMO, so it's honestly to be expected.

I havnt had any problems eather

joseph021775
08-29-2013, 01:11 AM
Syphon is the weapons with the purple swirl on them right? i got the game on release but i stopped playing because so many bugs, but now im back! lol so many new stuff damn Volge worst enemy in video games next to the phantoms from ME3

Did you have to remind me about those damn Phantoms?!?! Next you'll bring back the nightmare that were Collectors on Gold...

Deirachel
08-29-2013, 01:13 AM
The only Dark Matter Arkfalls I've started after DLC day which I did not complete (and get the rewards, so it was actually completed) where two which started right at the 15 mins to server downtime warning every morning and one where THE PLAYERS FAILED TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED TASKS.

A lot of players on Xbox NA have it in their head the first minor of a major arkfall tells you what you have to do for the rest of the entire arkfall's minors. The Dark Matter Arkfall is a combination of BOTH types at the same time. Some of the minors are kill the Dark Matter. Some of the Minors are DESTROY THE CORE. You have to read the screen/listen to EGO to know what to do. I suspect these folks are either new to the game, or the same idiots who killed all the skitterlings at the red crystals before Trion turned on Arkfall Easy Mode.

Decibel
08-29-2013, 01:37 AM
Decibel's wording may have been a bit harsh but he's frustrated just like everyone else. Take a look around the forum - for the past couple of days people have been posting about bugs that are making it near impossible to play. Even right now, a whole lot of players can't even connect to a server. If they do actually connect, they're told they'll have to wait hours or even days. If they do get into a map, they are the only player on that map and matchmaking is completely screwed. I think we all understand server issues are standard for MMOs but what it's really hard to be just as understanding about is the fact that Trion hasn't even acknowledged the problem. They're silence is what's fueling a lot of the harshness. As impatient as it sounds this has been going on for a few hours now, and I'm sure they have people monitoring the servers at all times. It's hard for me to believe they don't know that there is a serious issue with the game right now, yet nothing has been said on twitter and nothing has been said on here.. I'm not asking for an instant fix, I'm happy to wait as long as they say I need too. But we count on them to keep the game playable so it's incredibly frustrating when there is such an obvious problem and there is no communication between the groups.

Talk about first world problems though. lulz

Yepperz. And I will go out on a very thin limb here and 99.9% agree that the way I worded the situation was is a somewhat harsh manner. But like you said. There is no way in the wild wild world of sports that they are "unaware" of the issue. So let us know that at the least. And again. What compounds my frustration & I'm sure countless others. Is the fact that these are issues that were present before the DLC went live. So don't launch new material untill what you have broke is fixed. Launching new content is NOT going to make the original problems vanish. So don't try to make more money off something thats all ready broke. Simple concept.

Sometimes the truth is harsh.

Decibel
08-29-2013, 01:43 AM
The only Dark Matter Arkfalls I've started after DLC day which I did not complete (and get the rewards, so it was actually completed) where two which started right at the 15 mins to server downtime warning every morning and one where THE PLAYERS FAILED TO COMPLETE THE REQUIRED TASKS.

A lot of players on Xbox NA have it in their head the first minor of a major arkfall tells you what you have to do for the rest of the entire arkfall's minors. The Dark Matter Arkfall is a combination of BOTH types at the same time. Some of the minors are kill the Dark Matter. Some of the Minors are DESTROY THE CORE. You have to read the screen/listen to EGO to know what to do. I suspect these folks are either new to the game, or the same idiots who killed all the skitterlings at the red crystals before Trion turned on Arkfall Easy Mode.

My post has nothing to do with that kind sir.
I completed 5 Obliterations to the point the 6th (boss) SHOULD spawn and nothing. Also had 5+ minor Arks fail to give the results board at the end. All 10 occurrences resulting in 100% loot/ego loss. And yes, I was at all them start to end. So your explanation does not explain my issues. And this is just for the last 24 hours lol.

joseph021775
08-29-2013, 01:54 AM
Yepperz. And I will go out on a very thin limb here and 99.9% agree that the way I worded the situation was is a somewhat harsh manner. But like you said. There is no way in the wild wild world of sports that they are "unaware" of the issue. So let us know that at the least. And again. What compounds my frustration & I'm sure countless others. Is the fact that these are issues that were present before the DLC went live. So don't launch new material untill what you have broke is fixed. Launching new content is NOT going to make the original problems vanish. So don't try to make more money off something thats all ready broke. Simple concept.

I have to agree just from my experience, the scrapper Arkfall was a prime example. There were times it would lag so bad it stopped, or the Progenitor didn't open or would run along the ground. Then they added Darkmatter which is far more graphics heavy and a lot more to it then you get a ton of people in one place using weapons of all types and it just goes south fast. I have completed 4 so far out of maybe 20 attempts. The DLC from all accounts did not offer too much and I have seen posts for the other platforms that echo the multiple threads we see daily here complaining about this and that. I'm glad there are some that supposedly have not seen these issues but I think once they do their tune will change fast, this game is a hot mess we know this and yes most try to play daily because when you can play it's pretty fun, but there is this big ticking clock for this game. There is just too much coming out in the next few months and the next year that will make people leave. And if/when the next DLC hits and the same problems are still there and the next batch is like the first DLC.....this will be a game we hope the pawn shop will take.

l1ttlebanshee
08-29-2013, 02:07 AM
@ Decibal, for the record I didn't think you were too bad in your original post, hah. I'm sure we can find people putting it in much worse ways on this forum. I was just trying to point out to the people who were saying you were being whiny about it that you have a legit reason to be upset, as does everyone else.

^ I completely agree with both of you. They keep making it worse by ignoring the original problems people are having and adding new content that just adds even more issues for them to fix. I'm not sure what the maintenance was for earlier, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was just to muck about with the DLC content instead of some issues in the original game. They gotta get it together as this is a great game when it actually works.

Rasczak
08-29-2013, 02:12 AM
I hate to bring you bad news, OP, but the new Arkfalls, even the new Sieges, you did not pay $10 for. Everyone got them for free in the DLC patch.

You paid $10 only for the following:

Raptor vehicle
Castithan Race
Arena
Access to charge blade/mask via Arena

That is it. That is literally what was behind the $10 pay wall. Everything else was either free, or a new cash shop only addition.

Schmiznurf
08-29-2013, 02:20 AM
Well I damn sure didn't pay for a 4 seat pos that a golf cart can out run. And again, as stated above. If your not part of the solution, your part of the problem. Wrong thread Smurfytroll. Thanks again for the useless input though. Thumbs ^

Yes you did. The paid dlc was just the raptor, castithan, arenas and a character change.
Sieges and arkfalls came with the free portion.

It seems the person who is part of the problem is you, because you're moaning about something not working that you were given for free.

Decibel
08-29-2013, 03:30 AM
I hate to bring you bad news, OP, but the new Arkfalls, even the new Sieges, you did not pay $10 for. Everyone got them for free in the DLC patch.

You paid $10 only for the following:

Raptor vehicle
Castithan Race
Arena
Access to charge blade/mask via Arena

That is it. That is literally what was behind the $10 pay wall. Everything else was either free, or a new cash shop only addition.

No1 is arguing that either. Point is.......yet again. They released MORE payed content. When the original content still has more issues than i have digits. Don't matter if it was $10 or $1. If it don't work. It's a rip off. Period.

Decibel
08-29-2013, 03:32 AM
Yes you did. The paid dlc was just the raptor, castithan, arenas and a character change.
Sieges and arkfalls came with the free portion.

It seems the person who is part of the problem is you, because you're moaning about something not working that you were given for free.

Same goes for you lol. Try reading things b4 ya go babbling about.

IF ITS BROKE IT AIN'T WORTH ZIP. Was broke to begin with. Release new for MORE when origg is screwed. God dude are you brain dead? If your going to troll make sure your at least staying on topic. Everyone else is.m Just a thought.

JD nutz
08-29-2013, 03:48 AM
Seriously? How long is it going to take you fellers to get things right in there? (Hears a long echo).
Just bought the DLC. Never felf more ripped off in my entire 44 yrs of life. Do you people even HAVE a staff?
Do they work? Or just sit around all friggn day drinking energy drinks and shoveling dougnut holes in they're faces waiting to feel they're arteries hardening?

Fix whats BROKE before you add MORE broke crap to the game please. Would be super cool.

Thanks in advance,
Disgruntled Lab Rat.

you dont point out what your problem is, you just rant, which is very imature for a 44yr man, why do feel ripped off?

John Gallowbraid
08-29-2013, 03:50 AM
I posted a thread the other day with a list of bullet point and spoke my mind.....got locked in under 24 hours....seems at least the mods read the posts.....
I have hit the ingame report bug button many times thus far and gotten no response whatsoever.....
I agree that this game is badly broken......don't get me wrong....IT HAS POTENTIAL.... the main problem with it is that it was put out as a money cow by people only interested in the bottom line....doesn't matter how bad they screw up so long as people continue pouring in the cash for useless but pretty ingame items....
The arkfalls were broken before the dlc came out....the lag(at least for me) hasn't gotten any better, the spawns overlap, there are floating objects everywhere , the co-op missions lock up 1/2 the time...
I could make a list 3 pages long of problems I have seen and "tried" to report with the ingame bug report button.
Sadly this will be my final post since I am going back to playing EVE Online where the DEV's work like slaves trying to keep the game fully operational...I may disagree with them as much as I do everyone else but at least they don't release broken content only to stand by and do nothing......many are the times when I have been chatted up by one of the GM's or dev's concerning some bug or problem I have reported...
Point being ...If you feel cheated....do like me and go elsewhere for entertainment.
I salute you all" o7 " and goodbye.

l1ttlebanshee
08-29-2013, 04:08 AM
you dont point out what your problem is, you just rant, which is very imature for a 44yr man, why do feel ripped off?

He did point out his problem, though. The title of his thread says his ark falls don't finish. He also says "Fix whats BROKE before you add MORE broke crap to the game please." In later posts, he mentions other bugs he's been dealing with for awhile now. He's upset that instead of fixing original bugs that have been around for awhile, they're charging people money for buggy extra content.

Decibel
08-29-2013, 04:20 AM
He did point out his problem, though. The title of his thread says his ark falls don't finish. He also says "Fix whats BROKE before you add MORE broke crap to the game please." In later posts, he mentions other bugs he's been dealing with for awhile now. He's upset that instead of fixing original bugs that have been around for awhile, they're charging people money for buggy extra content.

Thank you for that. Been waiting for someone else here to state the obvious to the troll. Again my thanks.

JD nutz
08-29-2013, 04:44 AM

the problem is that you shouldn,t talk for everyone my extra content was not buggy and i rarley get thorwn out the servers (cant remember the last time i got DC), if you do then your internet is part of the problem its pretty simple (dont care if you say other games are not laggy go play them then) 90% of the time its just peoples **** internet setups, have a good day :)

JD nutz
08-29-2013, 04:47 AM
Thank you for that. Been waiting for someone else here to state the obvious to the troll. Again my thanks.

why the **** am i a troll just because i play Defiance with out no real problems? troll..............is that all you can say to people you imature 44yr, get your internet setup right you old dinosaur (I finish arkfalls all the time thxs)....................... just stick to COD if you cant handle a FPS/MMO OLD MAN :)

Decibel
08-29-2013, 05:24 AM
why the **** am i a troll just because i play Defiance with out no real problems? troll..............is that all you can say to people you imature 44yr, get your internet setup right you old dinosaur (I finish arkfalls all the time thxs)....................... just stick to COD if you cant handle a FPS/MMO OLD MAN :)

Nope, your a troll because you readily tried to belittle me and call me in mature when your the one trolling about how awesome the game is in a thread thats clearly about the obvious. Just a lill clue for ya cos I think ya may be a lill "slow" at this point. When you read a thread that people are complaining about something. "People" NOT me". The last thing me or anyone else wants to read is someone trolling trying to make people look stupid with lame comments & rambling on about how "great" the game is for them. You have plenty of other threads here you can post on for that. This thread is not about how good the game is. Therefore your badgering in here is in fact trolling. Now since you went out of your way to make me look stupid. I figured I would write this small book. So mayhaps you can wrap your little brain arround and, grasp the true meaning of a troll. If you still are unable to comprehend this simple yet strict concept. Then you my friend shouldn't be posting here at all. Try some brain food & good luck!

P.S.
Try pointing the guns in your AV at yourself. You'll get a lot quicker result :)

JD nutz
08-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Nope, your a troll because you readily tried to belittle me and call me in mature when your the one trolling about how awesome the game is in a thread thats clearly about the obvious. Just a lill clue for ya cos I think ya may be a lill "slow" at this point. When you read a thread that people are complaining about something. "People" NOT me". The last thing me or anyone else wants to read is someone trolling trying to make people look stupid with lame comments & rambling on about how "great" the game is for them. You have plenty of other threads here you can post on for that. This thread is not about how good the game is. Therefore your badgering in here is in fact trolling. Now since you went out of your way to make me look stupid. I figured I would write this small book. So mayhaps you can wrap your little brain arround and, grasp the true meaning of a troll. If you still are unable to comprehend this simple yet strict concept. Then you my friend shouldn't be posting here at all. Try some brain food & good luck!

P.S.
Try pointing the guns in your AV at yourself. You'll get a lot quicker result :)

YOU MADE YOURSELF LOOK STUPID, i did not even bother reading all that, it seems it was wrote by a 4yr, have fun with not being able to finish a arkfall i.m going to finish several

Decibel
08-29-2013, 05:46 AM
YOU MADE YOURSELF LOOK STUPID, i did not even bother reading all that, it seems it was wrote by a 4yr, have fun with not being able to finish a arkfall i.m going to finish several

Golfclap. Peace out home skillit! Thanks again for further proving my point about you lol. Was more than worth the keystrokes ;)

l1ttlebanshee
08-29-2013, 05:47 AM
the problem is that you shouldn,t talk for everyone my extra content was not buggy and i rarley get thorwn out the servers (cant remember the last time i got DC), if you do then your internet is part of the problem its pretty simple (dont care if you say other games are not laggy go play them then) 90% of the time its just peoples **** internet setups, have a good day :)

What do you even mean, "you shouldn't talk for everyone"? No one said every single player is having issues or problems. I'm sure there are a bunch of other players who's games are working just fine, like yours. That doesn't mean the rest of us aren't allowed to talk about the problems we're experiencing, especially when Trion hasn't even acknowledged it. There wasn't much else we could do but come on here and see who else was having problems as well.

It's likely there's an actual issue effecting quite a few players - just look around at the recent threads. The problems people are experiencing are nearly identical. I highly doubt we all coincidentally have **** **** connections.

Honestly, if anyone is trying to speak for everyone here it's you - because your game works, obviously nothing is really going on. We just have bad internet. We should be quiet and stop posting about it!

Schmiznurf
08-29-2013, 06:25 AM
Same goes for you lol. Try reading things b4 ya go babbling about.

IF ITS BROKE IT AIN'T WORTH ZIP. Was broke to begin with. Release new for MORE when origg is screwed. God dude are you brain dead? If your going to troll make sure your at least staying on topic. Everyone else is.m Just a thought.

Why do you have such an attitude problem? You moaned about paying 10 bucks for arkfalls, yet they came free. I pointed that out and you have done nothing but give me attitude and call me a troll. How am I a troll for pointing out the truth?

Your level of maturity when dealing with people doesn't match your age at all, you are replying to people as though you are a spoiled child. If anyone is the troll in this thread it's you.

Bob Blunderbust
08-29-2013, 10:17 AM
I don't know why they have a attitude maybe they just like to complaining or or just used to it I think they did a great job on the dlc and thgink #2 will be great as well

Indra Echo
08-29-2013, 10:48 AM

Thanks in advance,
Disgruntled Lab Rat.

Never felt more ripped off and you've lived 44 years. I want your luck. I haven't lived that much longer and ripped off-the list would be 3 pages long and a lot worse than this. Ripped off is paying for medical supplies to be over-nighted at an exorbitant cost and not having them show up, and having CS tell me they were delivered. Ripped off is having a hospital give your loved one an E coli infection that a few months later kills them. Ripped off is getting a new car that has problems, trying to get the problems fixed, and having them not fixed and finding a nasty note from the mechanic in the car (about how the requests were shi+). Ripped off is buying a $900 camera that is sold by the manufacturer with a known defect and having the store say you couldn't return the camera within 3 days of purchase due to the known defect (and yes I finally was able to force them to accept the return).

Ripped off is not necessarily having an issue with a game that is not affecting others to the extent it is affecting you. I got the DLC and have so far only had 1 arkfall not finish. And yes, that's one arkfall too many, but bugs in games are a way of life. I once bought a game that was hyped in hundreds of pre-release interviews and videos to be something it ended up not being. And then as a real fan of the game generally, I complained about that. The devs basically insulted people, a lot of people who felt as I did, and they insulted us repeatedly. They claimed they fixed it, but really did not and they put fans on permanent ignore. They even continued to insult fans on Twitter. And actively lied, repeatedly. That's ripped off.

I don't mean to minimize your problems. They shouldn't happen, but it should all be put into perspective. I've had games hang before and all software does it from time to time. I don't know what platform you're on--lag seems to be far worse on consoles. But at times some foes do fall through the map and can't be killed-this tends to keep some arkfalls from completing. But I've had that happen in other games too. They all need to be made better. And yes this needs to be addressed too. But I can't believe this is the worst thing to happen to you.

plantpot
08-29-2013, 10:48 AM

Correct, tis still a tad annoying when boss wave dunna spawn, but for all its faults I still love this game :D

Haffoc
08-29-2013, 10:49 AM
What compounds my frustration & I'm sure countless others. Is the fact that these are issues that were present before the DLC went live. So don't launch new material untill what you have broke is fixed. Launching new content is NOT going to make the original problems vanish. So don't try to make more money off something thats all ready broke. Simple concept.

Seems Trion can't win. Only a couple of weeks ago there were a large number of people demanding the DLC (many did so in a very abusive manner), now that they have released said DLC there are complaints that they shouldn't have released the DLC...

Indra Echo
08-29-2013, 10:56 AM
What do you even mean, "you shouldn't talk for everyone"? No one said every single player is having issues or problems. I'm sure there are a bunch of other players who's games are working just fine, like yours. That doesn't mean the rest of us aren't allowed to talk about the problems we're experiencing, especially when Trion hasn't even acknowledged it. There wasn't much else we could do but come on here and see who else was having problems as well.

It's likely there's an actual issue effecting quite a few players - just look around at the recent threads. The problems people are experiencing are nearly identical. I highly doubt we all coincidentally have **** **** connections.

Honestly, if anyone is trying to speak for everyone here it's you - because your game works, obviously nothing is really going on. We just have bad internet. We should be quiet and stop posting about it!

Actually, it's likely a combination of things. Along with crappy connections (we don't get the great connections we could get) and our own hardware (even wired vs. wifi, and firewalls or some security settings), as well as random drops in our connection speed (which happens to everyone even with great connections), there's a lot going on.

If you're on the xbox and are in party chat and have any problems talking with people, some of that is due to your connection-some of it due to the xbox itself. I know that there are always audio issues in party chat. I am told all the time that my mic drops out, but then others with better connections and better mics have the same darn problem. The limitations are most likely hardware related-the box or boxes.

And PCs can have their own issues. Every platform must be used in the most optimal way possible. Clear caches. Use wired connections. Limit the number of other things using your internet at the same time (not realistic), check your security and router and modem settings. Stop background processes that are running. Limit the number of things that run on startup or that load on startup.

TAG
08-29-2013, 02:47 PM
I thought we used are $10 for a broken arena?

Decibel
08-30-2013, 02:00 AM
Round two. Night two lol.

And immeh state facts here. Itemize it even. So no one gets confused again here.

1)
Started playing this game a month ago. Disconnects were so bad at that time I could stay connected long enough to finish 2-3 Arks & would DC in the following. How bad it was a launch is irrelevant. What is relevant is 3-4 months have passed since launch and for a lot (not all) the game is still borderline unplayable.

2)
Other issues: All players logged in at the time have blue color tags (names) as though the whole server is in one giant clan.
People on XBL friends list are inaccessible to teleport to. Group invites fail to complete. Clans seem to have been broke off and on ever since I started playing. Item loss from inventory. Arks not finishing. Not due to me or the other 20+ friends on XBL not completing one of the arks minor wave's tasks. They simply do not finish and you sit there and watch the time run out. Can't search players. Can't initiate trades.

3)
Servers are not capable of handling the connection load on XBL version of this game. Or the XBOX console itself isn't capable or both.
Don't know so I'm not going to project opinions about it. What I will say is its not my ISP (internet) or my hardware responsible for routing my signal to XBL. 50meg Cable internet that pulls 60meg down most times. With a 2-3 ms ping Georgia to San Francisco. And 4meg up speed. Ran straight off the router to the console (hardwired).

I'm not here saying the game is crap. If I thought it were I would have shelved it 2 weeks ago. But I like the game. A lot. Thats why I bought the DLC. Figured at the least. With the games quirks. Maybe I would get lucky and it would set me straight lol. Of course this is not the case. My initial post, again, was harsh yes. But you guys are taking money for this content every day. So you are going to be expected to properly maintain what needs to be so we can play on it. Not everyone is a millionaire. I'm not. So to me yes, this feels like a pretty big rip off. And I know for a fact I'm not the only one. At least acknowledge all the issues. Throw us a bone. Run more events. Anything.....something. Just whatever it is. Fix what is broke before you start charging us for more content. If you can't do that without going belly up. Then cut your losses while you still have a name people might be interested in going onward into the future.

Mitch Konnor_ingame
08-30-2013, 08:10 PM
^ This guy is obviously new to defiance. Stick around a little bit and you will begin to understand why everyone is *****ing!

Had it since the second week it was released. Still my go to game, even with all the ****, but hey, it's a ferken MMO on Console that I don't have to continuously empty my wallet into. I've gotten WELL over 4 full days worth of hours out of it, so I can put up with a few bugs here or there. Also, I'm not a ****ing troll, I'm just pissed off that you guys can't "put up" with a few bugs here and there.

AGAIN, I've been here since NEARLY the start, have season pass, and have yet to get so pissed that I complained like a PRICK on the forums. I take it upon myself to contact support and report bugs whenever I get the chance. If you can't take the plight an MMO can go through, go play Minecraft. (It's what I do when the servers are down.)

Deirachel
08-31-2013, 02:36 AM
Mitch, get ready for the "I paid for this, I deserve" comments. I've been saying the same for a while now.

Elric1
08-31-2013, 05:08 AM
1. this is a long standing issue that likely never get fixed.

2. additional whining means additional ignoring so it all works our for the whiners and those that ignore them.

3. I hardly have arkfalls do this so no sweat off my back about it.