PDA

View Full Version : Balance Change

UnchartedDestiny
08-28-2013, 11:16 PM
The new surge snipers need to be in line with the old snipers. This one shot one kill chit is bullchit. Either nerf them or make the old snipers one shot one kill too.

Rizzlok
08-28-2013, 11:19 PM
i was wondering how long it would take for a thread like this to appear

Dracian
08-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Wait... Old sniper rifles can't OSK ?

trollface.jpg

WARDUKE
08-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Charge weapons in general are pretty stupid really. They either suck or are completely over powered.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-28-2013, 11:43 PM
Wait... Old sniper rifles can't OSK ?

trollface.jpg

I do it all the time with my vbi and bolter. for some reason have hard time with derailer.

KBob
08-28-2013, 11:46 PM
I do it all the time with my vbi and bolter. for some reason have hard time with derailer.

unfortunately it's impossible to OSK anyone with proper perks from any vbi sniper or vot bolter w/o using ego powers EVEN with headshot ..

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-28-2013, 11:48 PM
unfortunately it's impossible to OSK anyone with proper perks from any vbi sniper or vot bolter w/o using ego powers EVEN with headshot ..

if you say so. you on xbox?

Phuccko
08-28-2013, 11:49 PM
Great, someone said nerf.........
You think people would learn by now

A s0t
08-28-2013, 11:51 PM
a gun that works and you want to nerf it? really

Dracian
08-28-2013, 11:54 PM

It really depends, but I know for sure that very few players can survive an headshot with my Sniper Rifle... However, it may be related to the fact that few players know how to spec a PvP build :D

Rizzlok
08-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Nef all teh gunz.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-28-2013, 11:58 PM
It really depends, but I know for sure that very few players can survive an headshot with my Sniper Rifle... However, it may be related to the fact that few players know how to spec a PvP build :D

this & also having the right perks ourselves with a sniper that has great bonuses makes it very easy to pop heads

KBob
08-29-2013, 12:23 AM

I think most of the people are using attacking builds ( I also frequently use them ),
but something like
1. Cellular armor ( -6% from damage )
2. Level 4 (say nothing about 5) shield = 2094 capacity
3. Health with fortitude = 225 ( in addition to 1336 ) = 1561 Health
4. Thick Skinned ( 50% of damage for some seconds after shield break )
6. In the trenches ( 15% less damage if you're lower than enemy by 2 meters )
7. Rear guard ( "just in case" ) - 30% less damage from behind
8. Fortified Stance (in case you want to stand still) - another 15% less damage
And even w/o being lower or being attacked from behind - you need to suffer 1561*2 = 3122 damage after shield break, which adds to 5216 damage AFTER cellular armor is applied so original damage has to be 5216 / 0.94 = 5548 (and if you are staying still - 5216 / 0.85 = 6030 .. to the total of 6362 damage to have someone killed while he is staying .

Now if we take level 20 in bolt action snipers VBI - it's going to have 5469.4 damage as long as it's not Assasin or has really nice crit roll .. with those it has a chance of one shot kill as long as target isn't lower OR isn't looking in another direction .. but as soon as both of those happen - there is just simply no chance of one shot kill no matter what (as long as you are not using ego powers as I said earlier ).

But fun part is - as bolter has only 1060 base damage (even with level 20 in snipers) .. there is no chance to OSK guy with defensive build from the back with it - no matter what

*as shield is included in the count above - someone would still have space for both boosts for his main ego power in the build. But nothing else - it's pure tank build

JxSiN
08-29-2013, 12:41 AM
How about for the sake of PVE we keep them as is and buff the semi auto snipers. Just a thought :)

Tekrunner
08-29-2013, 12:54 AM
This is how charge weapons are supposed to work. More damage than a regular weapon on a full charge, but if you miss, you need to wait for a while before you can shoot again. I'm pretty sure that I can't be OSK by anyone using a regular sniper (even someone who I know plays with a full sniper build and an assassin + crit roll rifle leaves me with a little health on a headshot), but there's no way I could survive a headshot from a fully charged Particle Repeater. But again, if the person misses their first shot, they're pretty much screwed.

KBob
08-29-2013, 01:19 AM
How about for the sake of PVE we keep them as is and buff the semi auto snipers. Just a thought :)

I don't think there is a need to "buff" semi autos .. but different ( ~ same size as shotties ) ammo pool is definitely needed

JxSiN
08-29-2013, 01:22 AM
I don't think there is a need to "buff" semi autos .. but different ( ~ same size as shotties ) ammo pool is definitely needed

I will agree to that. The semi autos are decent but the ammo pools are horrendous. I would say they need a buff OR an increased ammo pool.

PseudoCool
08-29-2013, 05:15 AM
Are you FRACKIN KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Your ASKING for a nerf to a brand new weapon? Dude.. get over it!

The surge snipers are performing EXACTLY as their supposed to do. And, just an fyi, with the proper set up, you CAN put down the same numbers with a Vot Bolter or a VBI Bolt sniper rifle, in pvp or pve. I've got a sniper set up for PvP, so I test it from time to time, and I consistantly pull head shots with my bolter that are OSK, and people get pissed about it every time. People just seem to think that snipers need cloak, when frankly, working with a fully loaded Assassin Synergy Bolter, I'd rather have Overcharge for my ego. The damage output is ridonkulous.

However.. asking for the new weapon to get nerfed because someone figured out how to charge it up and got a OSK on you.. man.. that's just lame. This game does NOT need anymore nerfs due to someone in PvP getting PWND.. news flash kiddies, it's PVP, your going to get PWND.. get over it!

Tekrunner
08-29-2013, 05:32 AM
People just seem to think that snipers need cloak, when frankly, working with a fully loaded Assassin Synergy Bolter, I'd rather have Overcharge for my ego. The damage output is ridonkulous.

I hope you realize that overcharge damage bonus = shadowed strike damage bonus.

Tyger
08-29-2013, 06:13 AM

<-----been doin' the impossible since I stepped foot in pvp way back when FY was taken off due to 'issues'.

Swiftstone
08-29-2013, 06:47 AM
Great. That's just what we all need. Another PvP'er whining about the weapon he was just bested with in a match or series of matches, and howling for it to be nerfed into uselessness for PvE. Again...

Here's a thought, guys: Get better at the game.

If you are unable to score a touchdown in football, they don't move the goalposts closer for you. Suck it up and find an effective counter. Maybe use some cover as you move around? lol

M0G
08-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Soon we can all just choose from this arsenal:

http://i.imgur.com/psQgUUv.jpg

Then no one can EVER die again in this game! Hoorayyyy!

Phuccko
08-29-2013, 09:41 PM

I think defiance should steal there tag line "it's nerf, or nothin"

ten4
08-29-2013, 09:44 PM

LOL! Now I know where they came up with all the gun models. Most those guns there look exactly like the ones in game, wth! ie look at the courier bottom right.

Time to alert the nerf guys, I smell a lawsuit lol.

A s0t
08-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Are you FRACKIN KIDDING ME?!?!?!

this isn't the battlestar galactica forums

fang1192
08-29-2013, 09:50 PM
Are you really making another topic about how butthurt you are OP?

Other topic: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?129998-Surge-Snipers-need-NERFED

Serenity
08-29-2013, 10:05 PM
The new surge snipers need to be in line with the old snipers. This one shot one kill chit is bullchit. Either nerf them or make the old snipers one shot one kill too.

omg will people ever stop bicthing about weapons in pvp because you are ruining the game for everyone else, charge weapons work as intended, you CHARGE them up to do more damage