PDA

View Full Version : did something get changed at the hole in the wall?

Donnyrides
08-29-2013, 11:49 AM
I noticed that my favorite 5000 kills with X weapon spot doesn't really work anymore. Did the hole in the wall get tweaked to only produce about a max of 20 skitterlings for the entire event?

Guess it's back to twin bridge farm.

A s0t
08-29-2013, 12:02 PM
charge weapons dont count and i was at the hole in the wall and they nerfed that

Pyth
08-29-2013, 12:25 PM
In the patch notes when you start up the game it says something about them changing the spawn rates to prevent weapon XP exploits.

So no more skitterlings feeding directly into your rocket launcher.

Instead of that, they should have just made the rocket launchers more viable period. But PvPvPvPvLoLoLoL had to be taken into consideration.

A s0t
08-29-2013, 07:01 PM
could care less about the weapon xp i just want to kil the 10 skitterlings repeatedly for the 5000 kills with a crap sniper

WARDUKE
08-29-2013, 07:18 PM
could care less about the weapon xp i just want to kil the 10 skitterlings repeatedly for the 5000 kills with a crap sniper

THIS. Though skitterlings are pretty easy to come by.

ten4
08-29-2013, 07:36 PM
It got nerfed. However, if you want to level say weapons go to minor and major arkfalls that have the console trigger buff + spec a pure overload build then watch the exp roll in at insane rates. Leveled up four ARs at a single major DM arkfall yesterday and that took like 30 mins or something low like that. Abuse it while you can. ;)

nathanpbutler
08-29-2013, 07:50 PM
If you have the DLC, you can do a crap-ton of easy kill farming by playing through the first arena. I used it to finish off the last 2,000 or so of my combat shotgun and LMG kills. I may go back and see if it works well for the bolt action sniper rifle, but I'm betting it won't be quite as useful for that weapon type.

Just take down the first two waves of 99ers on the top level, drop to the bottom for wave 3 and massacre a ton of skitterlings, pop back up top for wave 4's 99ers and archers, then spend most of wave 5 down below for skitterlings again. I was able to knock out the last 2,000 of BOTH of those weapons in the span of one evening of constantly replaying that arena.