PDA

View Full Version : 5000 sniper kills

Rizzlok
08-29-2013, 01:31 PM
anywhere i could get this done quicker ? ive been killing mutants in the starter areas and the hot shot challenge

WARDUKE
08-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Find any mission that has an infinite enemy respawn if you hold off completing the mission. There are many.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-29-2013, 01:43 PM
Find any mission that has an infinite enemy respawn if you hold off completing the mission. There are many.

This definitely works just make sure to find one with an ammo box close by. They really need to increase the ammo pool

Spiltmilk
08-29-2013, 01:51 PM
anywhere i could get this done quicker ? ive been killing mutants in the starter areas and the hot shot challenge

Use a sniper rifle in every encounter in your missions. On the side, head to Bolina's Smeltery and do the sniper challenge. That is how I got my 5000 kills for the pursuit.

inox2980
08-29-2013, 01:58 PM
Use a sniper rifle in every encounter in your missions. On the side, head to Bolina's Smeltery and do the sniper challenge. That is how I got my 5000 kills for the pursuit.

Agreed - if you have the fortitude to grind out the pursuit 50 or so 99'ers at a time, Bolina's is probably the best way. Infinite enemies (repeatable hotshot) and you'll probably end up with a crap load of mods.

K Ron Spliffs
08-29-2013, 01:59 PM
I farmed it with sutro. Put decoy on, kill the darkmatter while they are shooting ur decoy.

crasher
08-29-2013, 02:06 PM
I just hope by 'Starter Area' you mean you've gotten to Sniper Ridge and beyond, because if you're camped out behind the Strato-cruiser - that hill area gives no weapons XP and I suspect doesn't count towards stats.

I go there myself to test new weapons in a controlled environment when there aren't newbs around because the targets always spawn the same way and I can gauge what the weapon is doing more easily.

Sniper Ridge and beyond is where the stats generally start to accrue. I liked to start there and work my way towards Demon with my sniper. It's important to consider that part of the point of the 5000 kills (besides keeping you busy with pseudo-content) is training you to be a good marksman, and you get that by grinding repetition in an action environment.... badguys shooting back and you hitting while being under fire.

One of the fastest ways to get them to stop shooting at you is to kill them first, and you can't miss fast enough to ever get them to stop shooting.

I wish you good fortune and much happy gaming.

WhiteGoblin
08-29-2013, 02:13 PM
I completed mine at the Defiance story quest. While driving, stop at the first combat zone, stay at the ammo cache and shoot away. This also counts as weapon xp, but no loot.

Snodination
08-29-2013, 02:33 PM
I got mine doing the Bolinas Sniper Challenge. If you really want to be efficient about it and don't want to waste time grinding. Just use Bolinas to kill Goldrushers or 99ers when required by the daily contract. You will be surprised how quickly that adds up without making a special effort.

Rizzlok
08-29-2013, 02:42 PM
i dont really feel like grinding these kills out so ive decided im just going to do the main story line again and tag major arkfalls along the way thanks for the suggestions.

coryhopper
08-29-2013, 03:11 PM
the arena is a great place to do it

3rdpig
08-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Another good place is Horseshoe Bay. There's about 60 Raiders there with a boss at the end who usually drops a blue item. Just kill all the raiders before you kill the boss as the rest of them run away once the boss is dead. Use the perk called Assassin's Cache and you'll never run out of ammo.