PDA

View Full Version : Physics and Death Animations?

MechPilot
06-02-2012, 04:15 AM
There are times I like to think that I have an eye for detail. However one thing I've noticed from all the Defiance videos is that there isnt any clips showing "full deaths" of characters. They Pop the zombie looking guys head off a few times, but nothing to completion. Ive watched, and replayed ALL of the defiance videos and still can't come up with a conclusion.

I was curious if the game will feature full ragdoll physics, or will it be that "arma style" same death animation over and over? Or will it meet on both ends and blend Animation-and physics for ragdoll deaths? I guess its Not really a deal breaker for most. I just wanna know what I'm in for, its always a bit silly seeing a battlefield littered with tons of bodies laying the same exact way.

Escyos
06-02-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm thinking that its all over the place with death in-game. Hopefully you can blow someone up then dance on their bodies.

Shrapnil
06-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Im not to concerned with the dieing animations as i am with the effects dieing has on you. I really do not like the losing experience route that some mmos take, but i also do not want dieing to be meaningless other than having a repair bill or sorts.

MechPilot
06-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Im not to concerned with the dieing animations as i am with the effects dieing has on you. .

Thats fine...and you can make a thread on that. This topic however is about (Death Animations and physics)

Dukeraver
06-04-2012, 01:35 AM
With an MMO I highly doubt there would be a rag-doll physics death system involved, as these would take up to much bandwidth and would be highly annoying for looting the dead bodies.

MechPilot
06-04-2012, 04:18 AM
With an MMO I highly doubt there would be a rag-doll physics death system involved, as these would take up to much bandwidth and would be highly annoying for looting the dead bodies.

Is that right?

well let me list a few for ya.....

Requiem

Firefall,

Fallenearth is a big one

Grimlands,

city of heros.

Archage

World War II Online

and various other.

APB (not really MMO territory but still counts)

Earthrise

Entropia Universe

planetside 2..

So No i don't believe that in 2012 that would be a valid excuse...

Shrapnil
06-04-2012, 05:18 PM
I would suggest you calm down just a tad there Mechpilot. I was just adding to the conversation. There is no need to get all huffy and puffy. Lets keep this from turning into WoW/Swtor forums.

MechPilot
06-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Who's getting "huffy and puffy" you claim it can't be done, i simply gave you example calm down

anyways. Looking at the sheer size of the booth trion set up for defiance It looks like my question (and many others) will be answered soon enough. Last time I seen a booth that decorated was firefall and they just poured the info on!

Shrapnil
06-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Well it was not me that said that it could not be done. I was just stating my opinion on the death animations and gave the reason why i was not concerned with the animations as much. You know to expand the topic and open up for more conversation.

Cyber
06-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Some variation in the animations and the body positions on the ground is always a nice touch, although I for one don't think it needs to be all the way to complete ragdoll physics. Having full ragdoll would be cool, but probably not necessary to still achieve a feeling of variation.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 01:50 AM
Well it was not me that said that it could not be done. I was just stating my opinion on the death animations and gave the reason why i was not concerned with the animations as much. You know to expand the topic and open up for more conversation.

Mhmm. I, also, have little concern about the animations themselves as I just want the game to feel and play nice when killing.. Erhmm, yeah. Plus, I am also concerned about losses that come with dying. Will there be any permanent deaths, etc.

MechPilot
06-06-2012, 02:37 AM
Mhmm. I, also, have little concern about the animations themselves.

While I'm glad you have "no concern" The reason I made the thread was because I did.

Well my question has been answered from the videos I posted that Yes....it will have ragdoll. So that's Pretty much a /thread situation for me.

As for the other Issues brought up. the thread itself was over The game's engine and Animations/physics. Perma-death ect, Risk you gain or what you lose after dieing is off topic. Since that is a Game-Feature That's wasn't the focus here.

Adsinonimous
06-06-2012, 02:42 AM
I know, I was just answering someone in the forums. I did not read the whole forum and I apologize for it.

Also, please do not put "no concern" in quotation marks when that isn't what I said :P

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 02:15 PM
I suspect that alot of the finer detail animations (and textures, and such) simply aren't in yet.