PDA

View Full Version : Defiance

Serenity
08-29-2013, 04:49 PM
i love gaming, and i do love Defience, maybe more the idea of it rather than the actual product.
This game is cursed with an endless amount of bugs that i somehow doubt will ever be fixed. it may be just down to poor management and goal setting but this game is slowly dying imo. i am constantly disapointed with this game and trion. Trion needs new leadership that can make sure that they make fixing the game the first priority for the dev team while having artists come up with NEW item designs rather than reskinning old design and then claiming they are new and charging obscene amounts for them. This game has so much potential to become an amazing sci-fi mmorpg but at the moment it can barely stand on its own legs.
Trion need to get it together, fix bugs, design NEW items, and for the love of god put the gun on the raptor, it is slow, weak and just down right terrrible

Serenity
08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
and when the division comes out may we have mercy on defiance

Worldviewsinc
08-29-2013, 05:44 PM
i love gaming, and i do love Defience, maybe more the idea of it rather than the actual product.
This game is cursed with an endless amount of bugs that i somehow doubt will ever be fixed. it may be just down to poor management and goal setting but this game is slowly dying imo. i am constantly disapointed with this game and trion. Trion needs new leadership that can make sure that they make fixing the game the first priority for the dev team while having artists come up with NEW item designs rather than reskinning old design and then claiming they are new and charging obscene amounts for them. This game has so much potential to become an amazing sci-fi mmorpg but at the moment it can barely stand on its own legs.
Trion need to get it together, fix bugs, design NEW items, and for the love of god put the gun on the raptor, it is slow, weak and just down right terrrible

You know what...I Agree with everything you just said!!!

Except for the turrets on the Raptor, lol...The last thing we need is some bunch of lunatics driving round an Arkfall or a Siege with a turret gun blazing everything in sight and spoiling it for the rest of us (And believe me, someone would do it every single time).

Apart from that, nice post...

Serenity
08-29-2013, 10:02 PM
trion really need to step it up or this game will be dead within a year

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-29-2013, 11:19 PM
and when the division comes out may we have mercy on defiance

Can't wait for Division to come out, also liking what I've seen from Destiny so far. Either way once one of those comes out I will give Defiance the burial it so richly deserves

A s0t
08-29-2013, 11:20 PM
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/hangar-module

carpesangrea
08-29-2013, 11:21 PM
...also liking what I've seen from Destiny so far. Either way once one of those comes out I will give Defiance the burial it so richly deserves

I think Halo is the single most overrated gaming franchise in history. Having said that, I have no interest in Destiny whatsoever.

TAG
08-29-2013, 11:23 PM
Tuesday Diablo 3 is released for consoles, who in their right mind would want to play this anymore? Just think if you bought the game today and you can't play, told there is no estimated down time and that you''ll get no compensation.

carpesangrea
08-29-2013, 11:47 PM
Tuesday Diablo 3 is released for consoles, who in their right mind would want to play this anymore? Just think if you bought the game today and you can't play, told there is no estimated down time and that you''ll get no compensation.

Diablo 3 has been widely regarded as a huge failure for the franchise. Nobody should feel the least bit threatened.

JBoneFX
08-29-2013, 11:58 PM
Diablo 3 has been widely regarded as a huge failure for the franchise. Nobody should feel the least bit threatened.

D3 is a good game, the new gen gamers expect the world and will cry when they don't get it...

Phuccko
08-30-2013, 12:34 AM
I think Halo is the single most overrated gaming franchise in history. Having said that, I have no interest in Destiny whatsoever.

I agree, and that's probably why Bungie doesn't make halo anymore.
You really think they would stray away from halo to make another game just like it???

Serenity
08-30-2013, 05:40 AM

you are right about that, but i do think halo odst would make a great tactical shooter similar to rainbow six or ghost recon

hardy83
08-30-2013, 05:44 AM
D3 is a good game, the new gen gamers expect the world and will cry when they don't get it...

They also expect a dungeon crawler who's whole purpose is to get new shiny loot NOT to get undermined by an in-game auction house making finding loot irrelevant and the pushing player towards microtransactions.

Indra Echo
08-30-2013, 06:12 AM

Agreed. Wonder how many people are aware it's not an MMO and is more like an open world with rooms and random team based events. It's being made by the people responsible for the bunny hop and Activision-known for making cookie cutter games and selling expensive DLC (gee, season passes for games that aren't tied to TV shows).

Best comment ever about Activision games (the CoD series) and Halo, was when someone said of them, "at least you know what you're getting for each game". Yeah, that should be their ad for the series. You know what you're getting because the games are not much different year after year-innovative. And you pay $14 for either blah map packs, many of the maps the same from a previous version, zombie horde mode, or some stuff that could have been in the base game.

Indra Echo
08-30-2013, 06:23 AM

Exactly. Look at all they tried to do with real money in the game. I know diehard Diablo fans that are done with Diablo. Sure people will buy it, but then people watch Honey Boo Boo or Hillbilly Hand Fishin' too. That doesn't mean they're the best ever.

Popular sentiment does not mean quality. Otherwise, beta would have beaten VHS, Commodore would be a major computing company today, Apple would be less concerned with trying to sell their hardware inside a closed ecosystem and might not need to use "slave" labor, the Nook would be more popular than Amazon's Fire, Uncharted games would be near the top of best-selling franchises of all time, and Firefly, Farscape, Arrested Development would all be still in development on network or cable (AD is on Netflix) with shows copying them or in talks for major motion picture development.

NomadPhx
08-30-2013, 06:26 AM
Agreed. Wonder how many people are aware it's not an MMO and is more like an open world with rooms and random team based events. It's being made by the people responsible for the bunny hop and Activision-known for making cookie cutter games and selling expensive DLC (gee, season passes for games that aren't tied to TV shows).

Best comment ever about Activision games (the CoD series) and Halo, was when someone said of them, "at least you know what you're getting for each game". Yeah, that should be their ad for the series. You know what you're getting because the games are not much different year after year-innovative. And you pay $14 for either blah map packs, many of the maps the same from a previous version, zombie horde mode, or some stuff that could have been in the base game.

and yet EVERY year without fail, call of dooty games sell like hotcakes. maybe trion has it wrong and they should just copy that model:make a new title every year with slight differences and chumps will keep forking over $60 just because the name on the box lol

Indra Echo
08-30-2013, 06:31 AM
and yet EVERY year without fail, call of dooty games sell like hotcakes. maybe trion has it wrong and they should just copy that model:make a new title every year with slight differences and chumps will keep forking over $60 just because the name on the box lol

Yes. This is what people are telling them. Don't ever try anything new because if there are problems (and there will be) then people will want you to fire people, go out of business or go to hades.

I fully understood in getting this game that it was an experiment. And experiments don't go smoothly at all times. But even the cookie cutter games like CoD or Halo have their share of bugs and they've had years to get it right.

I've been one of those chumps-have gotten every CoD game since CoD came out and I have all Halo games. I finally stopped and engaged my brain and asked myself why. They aren't fun. They just make me mad-even if it's due to some players or due to failed matches, crappy matchmaking, lag, or just the mindless crap that it is. Run, shoot, hide, camp, shoot, camp some more, shoot, repeat. Black Ops 2 is my last. Made the mistake (my mistake) of getting the season pass too-and each brand new map pack has at least one repeat map in it from a previous game. Great, pay a premium for more repeat content.

BJWyler
08-30-2013, 06:58 AM

While I can respect your feelings, some of it is a bit off base, and there was nothing helpfully constructive about your post in the slightest.

First of all - the dev team has already undergone restructuring. They and the Rift team are now one and the same for the most part (IIRC), so I would imagine there are some changes on the horizon - already shown by the increased level of communication from the community team.

As for bugs. You and every one else really need to grow up and get over it. Bugs are par for the course in PC gaming and have been for a long time. I have played, and still am playing games, that have had bugs since Alpha, let alone Beta that have been out for over a decade. It's the nature of the beast when we as gamers expect more and more in our games, not the least of which is higher graphic fidelity. If you can't get over the fact that no game will ever be released bug free and that many bugs will go on for weeks, months, and yes even years. Then you need to find a new hobby.

As for your other points - reskins have been SOP for any game and have been for years. It's how devs keep the costs down in order to maintain profitability for said game. If you don't like it - don't buy it. I, for one, am glad there are color choices available - there are actually some I prefer over others and like that I have the choice to choose the one I happen to like the best and fits my character.

Indeed the game does have potential, as does the show. Neither are perfect, but they are both in their infancy. The advantage we have here is that being an MMO, it allows the game to be able to grow and mature - just like every other MMO out today that was released years ago. They didn't hit their stride out of the gate, but have improved over time. This one will be no different.

As for the Raptor - as someone else just said - No, just no. In fact I will place an emphatic HELL NO. I applaud Trion for having the vision to try and bring us a cool new vehicle, but also the smarts and guts to realize that the original concept would be the worst idea ever to have in the open world game. The only change I want seen brought to the Raptor (well two changes), is first and foremost, change the vehicle type from roller to cerebus, and second allow passengers to fire their own weapons from the thing. I think that is the best way to handle it.

As for the game is dying. I would LOL at that asinine comment, except it has gotten so old that it is tired and borish. I am so sick and tired of hearing such asininity in every gaming forum I have been a part of that it just boggles my mind just how childish it makes the person who post said comment look. It is simply ridiculous - for my part, I have seen more new people in this game than ever before and have been adding more people to my friends list than I have removing because they don't play any more.

In the end, it's time for everyone to get up off their ***** and act like a grown up for a change. If Defiance is not offering you want you want in a game and the problems outweigh the enjoyment you get out of the game, then make the grown up decision to move on and find something else you like. The good thing is, you can always stop back again in the future to see if the game is more to your liking. I know I have done that more times than I can count in my gaming life, and have not regretted the choice once. I move on and don't look back, and I certainly don't make myself look like an *** by posting nonsense on the forums of games I do not enjoy or no longer suit my likes.

Serenity
08-30-2013, 09:44 AM
While I can respect your feelings, some of it is a bit off base, and there was nothing helpfully constructive about your post in the slightest.

First of all - the dev team has already undergone restructuring. They and the Rift team are now one and the same for the most part (IIRC), so I would imagine there are some changes on the horizon - already shown by the increased level of communication from the community team.

As for bugs. You and every one else really need to grow up and get over it. Bugs are par for the course in PC gaming and have been for a long time. I have played, and still am playing games, that have had bugs since Alpha, let alone Beta that have been out for over a decade. It's the nature of the beast when we as gamers expect more and more in our games, not the least of which is higher graphic fidelity. If you can't get over the fact that no game will ever be released bug free and that many bugs will go on for weeks, months, and yes even years. Then you need to find a new hobby.

As for your other points - reskins have been SOP for any game and have been for years. It's how devs keep the costs down in order to maintain profitability for said game. If you don't like it - don't buy it. I, for one, am glad there are color choices available - there are actually some I prefer over others and like that I have the choice to choose the one I happen to like the best and fits my character.

Indeed the game does have potential, as does the show. Neither are perfect, but they are both in their infancy. The advantage we have here is that being an MMO, it allows the game to be able to grow and mature - just like every other MMO out today that was released years ago. They didn't hit their stride out of the gate, but have improved over time. This one will be no different.

As for the Raptor - as someone else just said - No, just no. In fact I will place an emphatic HELL NO. I applaud Trion for having the vision to try and bring us a cool new vehicle, but also the smarts and guts to realize that the original concept would be the worst idea ever to have in the open world game. The only change I want seen brought to the Raptor (well two changes), is first and foremost, change the vehicle type from roller to cerebus, and second allow passengers to fire their own weapons from the thing. I think that is the best way to handle it.

As for the game is dying. I would LOL at that asinine comment, except it has gotten so old that it is tired and borish. I am so sick and tired of hearing such asininity in every gaming forum I have been a part of that it just boggles my mind just how childish it makes the person who post said comment look. It is simply ridiculous - for my part, I have seen more new people in this game than ever before and have been adding more people to my friends list than I have removing because they don't play any more.

In the end, it's time for everyone to get up off their ***** and act like a grown up for a change. If Defiance is not offering you want you want in a game and the problems outweigh the enjoyment you get out of the game, then make the grown up decision to move on and find something else you like. The good thing is, you can always stop back again in the future to see if the game is more to your liking. I know I have done that more times than I can count in my gaming life, and have not regretted the choice once. I move on and don't look back, and I certainly don't make myself look like an *** by posting nonsense on the forums of games I do not enjoy or no longer suit my likes.

oh well i'm sorry that i don't like settling for mediocrity and basic standards within the gaming world. I guess i'm wrong for wanting a game to achieve greatness and be near perfect.
Ok everybody, for those of you who want the game to be better you are all horrible human beings and you are wrong to want that.

3rdpig
08-30-2013, 10:03 AM
oh well i'm sorry that i don't like settling for mediocrity and basic standards within the gaming world. I guess i'm wrong for wanting a game to achieve greatness and be near perfect.
Ok everybody, for those of you who want the game to be better you are all horrible human beings and you are wrong to want that.

I could hear the loud "WHOOOSH!" as his post went over your head all the way out where I'm sitting.