PDA

View Full Version : Have the $150 Ultimate Edition Preordered with Gamestop - Cant play, But Steam can?

Daphonic
04-01-2013, 04:29 PM
So I have the $150 version coming tomorrow. Everyone in My guild can Play now, due to buying it on Steam, But the guy who spends the extra 90$ Gets screwed out of a night of gaming?

DarkTanner
04-01-2013, 04:31 PM
steam player cant play through steam, they just play with the official launcher in your account

LoE
04-01-2013, 04:31 PM
More of a question for GameStop and the people who handle their distribution.

Edit, and yes, what Dark said. I got my CD key from Steam, and used it to enter on Trion's site. From my account page at trionworlds, I downloaded the patcher and game, not Steam itself.

Daphonic
04-01-2013, 04:32 PM
They still were able to get into the Game, I have Guildies playing right now.

JellyBean
04-01-2013, 04:32 PM
So I have the $150 version coming tomorrow. Everyone in My guild can Play now, due to buying it on Steam, But the guy who spends the extra 90$ Gets screwed out of a night of gaming?

Just chill dude, release isn't until the 2nd officially, servers are on but its a draw back getting the physical version. I'm getting UE on second, don't rage in jealousy

Valethar
04-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Ye gods.. this has been answered so many times already....

The servers are open because they're doing last minute bug fixes, etc... before launch in 4.5 hours. The folks that have keys (mostly digital) are basically guinea pigs of a sort, because Trion needs to have some folks online in order to verify what has been fixed and what still needs to be addressed.

Tigercml
*plays violin*

Karagra
I'm going to have to agree with this. No where on gamestop.com did it say ultimate edition: pay more to be the last one playing! A set release date is made so everyone can start at the same time. This is unfair I payed that much more to get screwed by this company

Shinji Ex
04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
It's an mmo why people are buying retail disc makes no since to me...

Hades
04-01-2013, 04:34 PM
It's going to be hilarious if they reset the servers at 12:01a...just sayin...would be funny

Valethar
04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
It's an mmo why people are buying retail disc makes no since to me...

Because they wanted the extras in the box?

Makes sense to me.

Mina
04-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Just chill dude, release isn't until the 2nd officially, servers are on but its a draw back getting the physical version. I'm getting UE on second, don't rage in jealousy

Woah dude, don't bite the guys head off. Take a step back for a second and calm down. We're all in the same boat, I'm pretty annoyed that everyone else gets to play before me because I decided to buy a more expensive product as well. I can wait until tomorrow but it's annoying none the less.

Aria
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Would have been nice if they had given everyone who ordered the physical game a download option as well so you could have the game pre loaded, is there by chance download link under your defiance account where you entered your pre order key?

Perhaps if you were given the defiancesetup.exe you could at least get it downloaded?

Hades
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm going to have to agree with this. No where on gamestop.com did it say ultimate edition: pay more to be the last one playing! A set release date is made so everyone can start at the same time. This is unfair I payed that much more to get screwed by this company

GameStop didn't screw you. Trion is the one set the street date. GameStop can be punished through replenishment or future title sales if they break street date.

Daphonic
04-01-2013, 04:37 PM
1. I'm a Guild leader of 100+ Players in this Game alone. Would like to be there to get things rolling.
2. I collect Game Statues, Had to have that damn bug on in my display case.
3. People who pay more money, usually expect to be treated better then this.

Daphonic
04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Would have been nice if they had given everyone who ordered the physical game a download option as well so you could have the game pre loaded, is there by chance download link under your defiance account where you entered your pre order key?

Perhaps if you were given the defiancesetup.exe you could at least get it downloaded?

I have the game downloaded already, Used brothers steam account to download, just cant log into my account due to no Key attached.

Buruko
04-01-2013, 04:39 PM
No one is playing the live game right now, unless they are in the UK and the servers went live at 12am GMT which was already stated as not being the case, they are live 12pm EST which is 5am GMT.

Daphonic
04-01-2013, 04:40 PM
No one is playing the live game right now, unless they are in the UK and the servers went live at 12am GMT which was already stated as not being the case, they are live 12pm EST which is 5am GMT.

Wrong, have guildies In already. Also Reddit has tons of people playing, Also Live streams already going.

Buruko
04-01-2013, 04:40 PM
1. I'm a Guild leader of 100+ Players in this Game alone. Would like to be there to get things rolling.
2. I collect Game Statues, Had to have that damn bug on in my display case.
3. People who pay more money, usually expect to be treated better then this.

You are being treated better, you have physical items and more crap than anyone else for the price you paid. If you didn't consider the issue of delay/shipping that is not Trion's fault. Go buy an instore standard copy or something. Get off the high horse of entitlement.

Valethar
04-01-2013, 04:41 PM

Incorrect. Servers are up while they work out last minute bugs and other issues. People with keys in hand can load and play while Trion works on fixing things that need attention.

IGears
lol another guild leader that cant play with his guild...

Swampster
I'm suffering with buyers remorse after pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition to be honest, as much as the 'in box' extras are nice to have.. paying extra money to be the last to start playing, and something I only noticed recently we only get 7 days bonus XP/Scrip whereas the digital version gets 30 days just all seems a bit poor value to me...

So much to being 'Ultimate'...

Oh well live 'n learn :/

Aria
I have the game downloaded already, Used brothers steam account to download, just cant log into my account due to no Key attached.

Perhaps they will be nice and add a grace period so everyone can play even if you don't have your retail key ...after all its not players fault the game went live before the items actually ship!

IGears
04-01-2013, 04:43 PM
It's going to be hilarious if they reset the servers at 12:01a...just sayin...would be funny

now that would be funny to see..

Valethar
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
I only noticed recently we only get 7 days bonus XP/Scrip whereas the digital version gets 30 days just all seems a bit poor value to me...

So much to being 'Ultimate'...

Oh well live 'n learn :/

This was answered many times. If you look at the price of the Digital CE, which is around ~$100, compared to a similar physical box at the same price (The CE), you'd expect to get something for the money.

Since the digital copies do not contain the hellbug statue and other physical items, Trion gave them the 30 day boosts instead, so that the people buying that version would receive something in line with the cost of the $100 digital version.

Daphonic
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Perhaps they will be nice and add a grace period so everyone can play even if you don't have your retail key ...after all its not players fault the game went live before the items actually ship!

Every MMO in the passed 5 years has done the Grace period if you've put in a Preorder Code.

Buruko
04-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Incorrect. Servers are up while they work out last minute bugs and other issues. People with keys in hand can load and play while Trion works on fixing things that need attention.

So people are playing on servers that may be up or down as they sort out issues... oh they have such a massive lead time on everyone else! OH THE WORLD IS SO CRUEL!!! WAAAAAAA!!!

Night Hawke
04-01-2013, 04:46 PM

since the servers are up that boat has sailed. by the time they get it through the system likely it will be tomorrow.

Mina
04-01-2013, 04:47 PM
So people are playing on servers that may be up or down as they sort out issues... oh they have such a massive lead time on everyone else! OH THE WORLD IS SO CRUEL!!! WAAAAAAA!!!

You must have a raging ***** going on right now. I don't see any other reason you'd be here treating everyone like crap. xD

Dixa
04-01-2013, 04:49 PM

i payed 130 for my steam version (ddd, season pass) plus just gave the cash shop 100 bucks for bits

your point?

Valethar
04-01-2013, 04:49 PM

Pretty much, yes. LOL.

Look at it as an unexpected last minute Beta. :)

Shadinaxx
04-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm the guild leader of my guild as well, and I'm not slapping a digital key on my account, because I want the UE key on it. Simple solution, especially if your guild is 100+ strong: Officers, use em, abuse em. They can get the ball rolling, if your command structure is so fragile that you have to be the founder and creator of the guild and cant trust your officers to do it right, then there's a problem.

I wont be on until april 2nd when I unbox my box of awesome. I already tried to flirt/threaten and beg Gamestop to let me have it early, espeically since they are too lazy to have a midnight release, lol. Didnt work.

The way I see it, I've been alpha and beta testing, and now it's everyone else's turn to deal with the bugs and glitches. I'll catch up in a matter of hours.

Daphonic
04-01-2013, 04:53 PM
My biggest problem is I have 20+ people Emailing me, Texting me, Asking me WTF is going on, due to half the Guild can play and half cant. So we have to figure out some Things. It's just ****ty for a Company to let some people start to play and others not. Even if they Wiped the toons, It's still getting in and playing some with your friends/guildies.

robotusson
04-01-2013, 04:55 PM

im in the same boat. why is Trion making customers, who are already showing high interest and investment, wait longer than everyone else? if anything, this shows that Trion has no interest in providing equal opportunities to the paying customer.

i can only hope that Trion sends me another survey asking how i enjoyed the launch so i can properly communicate my utter disappointment in the launch schedule.

i would be less surprised if this was the first mmo from Trion. i would even be somewhat forgiving. this just seems negligent.

Buruko
04-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Every MMO in the passed 5 years has done the Grace period if you've put in a Preorder Code.

SW:KotR, no grace period.

Night Hawke
04-01-2013, 04:57 PM

pre-orders got in before launch and before they had their boxes. i know i was in SWTOR EGA day one my box hadn't arrived yet.

Daphonic
04-01-2013, 05:00 PM

Wrong again. You're not a very good troll

Wtflag
04-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Nooooooo I already got the names I want.

Buruko
You must have a raging ***** going on right now. I don't see any other reason you'd be here treating everyone like crap. xD

No raging one eyed here, just pointing out the silliness of being this upset that you have to personally wait cause you bought a version that requires shipping/pick up. If this was that crucial then they should have planned accordingly for a Standard in-store pick up or sharing of license information on different copies.

At the moment we have someone upset that a group of people are doing something they can't do for just a few hours. It's childish.

IGears
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/3cd/62d/126/resized/old-man-meme-generator-shorty-be-like-a-closed-mouth-don-t-get-fed-109c00.jpg

robotusson
04-01-2013, 05:02 PM
i payed 130 for my steam version (ddd, season pass) plus just gave the cash shop 100 bucks for bits

your point?

the point is you can play and he cant. its not hard to understand.

IGears
04-01-2013, 05:05 PM
the point is you can play and he cant. its not hard to understand.

well Trion never mentioned a grace period and now all of a sudden people come out of nowhere demanding one.. WTF

OMGr8573
04-01-2013, 05:06 PM

Do you already have the game install on your PC? If so and you've entered in your pre-order code you might want to try and see. Most companies gives pre-order players a few days to enter in they official retail key. So you might be able to play.

Shadinaxx
04-01-2013, 05:07 PM
With how many people cry "Cancelled my pre order" I dont blame Trion for not having a grace period. This is a first in the industry, and therefore, doesnt have to follow the same "rules" as established by MMO's previously. There's also alot of people that dont understand, or CARE to understand how MMO's work at launch, an they want a perfect, polished game that doesnt have a single glitch or bug in it.

All that being said, getting a few extra hours sleep, an another work day done, etc, before the official release, while people with digital keys get early access to stress test the launch. I'm game to let them clear out the starter zones and have a staged launch that way. We (those that purchased physical copies) that spent more, GET more, at the cost of having to rely on snailmail, or official launch times as ordained by the holy Gamestop and other retailers.

If a couple hours are worth more than the physical stuff, go for it, cancel that, get a refund, and buy the digital copy. I'll dance a jog in my Red suit of patience for you.

Swampster
04-01-2013, 05:16 PM
This was answered many times. If you look at the price of the Digital CE, which is around ~$100, compared to a similar physical box at the same price (The CE), you'd expect to get something for the money.

Since the digital copies do not contain the hellbug statue and other physical items, Trion gave them the 30 day boosts instead, so that the people buying that version would receive something in line with the cost of the $100 digital version.

That's fair enough I guess; like I said, "buyers' remorse"... I just noticed it recently and I think I'd have preferred the 30 days boost, especially when coupled with having to wait an extra day almost to play.

Buruko
04-01-2013, 05:20 PM
That's fair enough I guess; like I said, "buyers' remorse"... I just noticed it recently and I think I'd have preferred the 30 days boost, especially when coupled with having to wait an extra day almost to play.

More like "Lack of research" these are known things well before you decided to buy, not like Trion pulled a bait an switch, they have been clearly posted since day 1 of pre-order.

Swampster
04-01-2013, 05:22 PM
More like "Lack of research" these are known things well before you decided to buy, not like Trion pulled a bait an switch, they have been clearly posted since day 1 of pre-order.

Dude you really are a sanctamonious tit aren't you... I'd say you got some issues you need to work out!

Buruko
04-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Dude you really are a sanctamonious tit aren't you... I'd say you got some issues you need to work out!

Nah, just pointing out the obvious. I mean no one made you buy that particular copy of the game and you must of have seen the different versions out there. But when a bump in the road shows up it's all "woe is me".

I mean I have jury duty on release day, plus work after I get out of the court house. I won't get to play til well after a day or so after launch day but I'm not losing my mind over it. Those poor gits in the UK got hoses by Amazon.co.uk and have to wait almost 10 days to see their copy.

Yes here is a guy who (who is not alone) completely raging for maybe a 12 hour of delay. Seriously? Weak-sauce.

Swampster
04-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Yes here is a guy who (who is not alone) completely raging for maybe a 12 hour of delay. Seriously? Weak-sauce.

You appear to be doing more 'raging' than anyone else in this thread... actually kinda feel sorry for the guy who's up in court!

Oh and if it's 'obvious' what is the point in 'pointing out'.. other than to be sanctamonious?

Buruko
04-01-2013, 05:41 PM
You appear to be doing more 'raging' than anyone else in this thread... actually kinda feel sorry for the guy who's up in court!

Oh and if it's 'obvious' what is the point in 'pointing out'.. other than to be sanctamonious?

The point in "pointing it out" is that you seem to believe that your sad sack state is not of your own making, because you stated that you noticed recently that they were different. That means you purchased without making any effort to research and make a informed decision. Kudos to you for at least not trying to blame Trion directly like they hid this information from you or something.

As for being 'sanctamonious' I never said my morals were higher or better than any other person here, but I assume you meant the more slang version of the term (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sanctimonious&defid=1146098). Hrm. No one hates being wrong, that's for sure.

Swampster
04-01-2013, 05:49 PM
The point in "pointing it out" is that you seem to believe that your sad sack state is not of your own making, because you stated that you noticed recently that they were different.

Where have I said I believe it's not of my own making.. actually i'll save you the effort; I haven't! I suggest finding out what "Buyers' Remorse" actually means, while you're looking up the meaning of stuff...

As for being 'sanctamonious' I never said my morals were higher or better than any other person here, but I assume you meant the more slang version of the term (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sanctimonious&defid=1146098). Hrm. No one hates being wrong, that's for sure.

Yeah the more 'common' derivative seems more apt here!

Maeka
04-01-2013, 05:52 PM
If you buy a physical copy of any game (I bought the Ultimate also, but I'm good with waiting half a day to get all of my awesome new stuff that others won't have), you should know that it depends on the retailer you buy it from. Some places will do a midnight release, others won't until the day of the official launch. No matter what game you play online, if there's a digital copy versus a physical copy, you should expect to have to wait until the official launch date. It's just how it works. Don't want to wait? Buy digital.

Buruko
04-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Where have I said I believe it's not of my own making.. actually i'll save you the effort; I haven't! I suggest finding out what "Buyers' Remorse" actually means, while you're looking up the meaning of stuff...

Were you fearful you were buying the wrong thing? If so why didn't you do some research? Would have saved you from all that remorse.

Einarr99
04-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Well i also didnt notice Amazon didnt have release day delivery when i ordered so I dont get to play until the 4th. My days off were all lined up DOH!

gohan661
04-01-2013, 06:28 PM
As it's 02:27 right now even if i had my physical edition i'd probably not play. I'm just gunna go to bed and hope the posty has arrived before i wake up!

ShinChuck
04-01-2013, 06:29 PM
It's certainly not a huge deal, but it is a little frustrating, particularly after the awkward launch of Storm Legion. There was confusion there over whether there would be a midnight release/unlock or not, so some people bought digital so they could hit the ground running. Then it was announced close to launch that there would not be, and the game wasn't up until well into the afternoon of release day, so there was no immediate benefit to the digital purchase.

Now it's the opposite case, when I was banking on it being the way they did their last big, recent release.

Anyway, again, not a huge deal, it'd just be nice if it was a little more consistent.

Swampster
04-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Were you fearful you were buying the wrong thing? If so why didn't you do some research? Would have saved you from all that remorse.

No, but slightly remorseful that I have probably bought the wrong thing... there's a difference.
As for why I didn't do the "research", I was too busy playing the game for 3 the last months to read up about it.. and I didn't make a decision to actually buy the game until last week, I quickly looked at what was available and assumed being called 'Ultimate' it was the best money could buy..

gohan661
04-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Well i also didnt notice Amazon didnt have release day delivery when i ordered so I dont get to play until the 4th. My days off were all lined up DOH!

I don't know when you ordered but i did MONTHS ago and it quiet clearly said if you want it on release day you need first class.

Swampster
04-01-2013, 06:36 PM
I don't know when you ordered but i did MONTHS ago and it quiet clearly said if you want it on release day you need first class.

Yep, that is indeed correct.. Amazon's 'super saver delivery' means they just sit on it for 2 days before posting it first class ;)

Buruko
04-01-2013, 06:39 PM
I quickly looked at what was available and assumed being called 'Ultimate' it was the best money could buy..

It is, if you want the physical collectibles. If you just want the game as soon as possible and a bunch of boosty bits, then well poop. lol

Swampster
04-01-2013, 06:46 PM
It is, if you want the physical collectibles. If you just want the game as soon as possible and a bunch of boosty bits, then well poop. lol

Well like I said in another thread somewhere, the remorse will probably evaporate once I get the box and it's sat proudly next to my badly beaten (courtesy of The Royal Mail) Rift Collectors' Edition.. which of course is an entirely different downside to getting a physical copy! :mad:

Einarr99
04-01-2013, 06:47 PM
The last several games i bought specifically had a option labled release day seperate from the other choices. Not seeing that and mistakenly assuming there would be a grace period I chose the free 2 day shipping i always do for everything else. I didnt choose the first class because i heard that messed people's release day delivery for another game i think it was SW:tor. My own fault just kicking myself for not noticing sooner.

Buruko
04-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Well like I said in another thread somewhere, the remorse will probably evaporate once I get the box and it's sat proudly next to my badly beaten (courtesy of The Royal Mail) Rift Collectors' Edition.. which of course is an entirely different downside to getting a physical copy! :mad:

I started watching the Trion unboxing of the UE, I stopped. There will be nothing like opening it yourself. And here's to hoping it show up a bit earlier for you! Cheer! :D