PDA

View Full Version : Patch notes for the 8/30 server update

OverloadUT
08-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Hey everyone,

I just posted a server downtime notice (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?130133-8-30-13-NA-EU-Server-Update-%28PC-PS3-360%29-10-AM-PDT&p=1231713#post1231713) over in the server status forum.

I also wanted to go ahead and give you the patch notes for this small patch, so here they are!

Defiance 1.11 Patch

Fixed crash that could occur during a Rampage
Fixed potential Windows startup crashes
Updated Arenas with various optimizations to reduce lag

Arsenic_Touch
08-29-2013, 09:12 PM
What exactly are these optimizations? Will it address the rendering issues where walls and ramps are invisible, the juking golden hellbug getting stuck in the grates, the rubber banding mobs and the swapping weapons delay?

JxSiN
08-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Any fixes on the ongoing disconnect and timed out errors that are occurring multi-platform?

A s0t
08-29-2013, 09:21 PM
no reinstatement of charlie?

Greezy
08-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Just ignore the other major issues completely lmao...

Azimov
08-29-2013, 09:27 PM
no reinstatement of charlie?

Charlie will now be on the show in season 2 where it will be revealed that he is one of those energy beings.

You saw it here first!

ten4
08-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Man, that's quite a long list of fixes. Keep up the good work!

Greezy
08-29-2013, 09:36 PM
Man, that's quite a long list of fixes. Keep up the good work!

I realy hope that is sarcasm lol ;)

Serenity
08-29-2013, 10:11 PM
What exactly are these optimizations? Will it address the rendering issues where walls and ramps are invisible, the juking golden hellbug getting stuck in the grates, the rubber banding mobs and the swapping weapons delay?

of course they wont address that, it would mae the game better and that is not trions goal

Zoranth
08-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Excuse me Sir, I think you may have posted this thread in the wrong forum. May I kindly direct you to the correct forum for posts such as these:

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?41-Patch-Notes

hey u
08-30-2013, 12:01 AM

those are none of my problems lol thanks for attempting to try by none of my issues. I really start to think is that all you really worked on or is this all you are wanting to state that you worked on?

GiantInMaine
08-30-2013, 12:22 AM

those are none of my problems lol thanks for attempting to try by none of my issues. I really start to think is that all you really worked on or is this all you are wanting to state that you worked on?

For once we are thinking alike.

Sanguinesun
08-30-2013, 12:28 AM
Hmm patch notes mention nothing about fixing the issue with making important things sticky in the forums. Its certainly a nasty and stubborn bug to be sure. :rolleyes:

Rizzlok
08-30-2013, 12:46 AM
just hope it fixes the arenas for the unfortunate people who payed for dlc

GiantInMaine
08-30-2013, 12:47 AM
just hope it fixes the arenas for the unfortunate people who payed for dlc

Yeah that won't change the fact that I unfortunately bought the dlc though lol

A s0t
08-30-2013, 12:50 AM
it a small patch but how pissed would every one be if they never patched the game?

Pyth
08-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Try for less, achieve more. Or as I like to say, **** it.

Deirachel
08-30-2013, 03:29 AM
Because the Arenas lagging badly couldn't have anything to do with messing up the entire game stability, now could it?

One weak link in a chain and the whole chain is useless.

Jebus folks, you complain there are problems. And, you whine when they announce they are implementing a fix for problems. Some folks screamed bloody murder when the DLC/patch 1.10 file was so big. You'd rather they wait for a few months for all the known bugs to be fixed and then have a 10GB patch to download?

I know my library of games is rather small, but when Defiance isn't working (or is gotten laggy enough for me to be annoyed with it), I can find something else to play. If you've got Xbox, you can grab Dead Rising 2 for free.... Hitman Absolution for free with Playstation Plus (or BF3, or Oddworld, or....).

Log a bug report, move on.

It's just a game.

MustangP51
08-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Because the Arenas lagging badly couldn't have anything to do with messing up the entire game stability, now could it?

Jebus folks, you complain there are problems. And, you whine when they announce they are implementing a fix for problems. Some folks screamed bloody murder when the DLC/patch 1.10 file was so big. You'd rather they wait for a few months for all the known bugs to be fixed and then have a 10GB patch to download?

I know my library of games is rather small, but when Defiance isn't working (or is gotten laggy enough for me to be annoyed with it), I can find something else to play. If you've got Xbox, you can grab Dead Rising 2 for free.... Hitman Absolution for free with Playstation Plus (or BF3, or Oddworld, or....).

It's just a game.

Yes it's a fix BUT and I really do mean BUT the fixes they are doing are minor & less important compared to all of the d/c's, hard freezes, server timeouts, lag, etc shall I continue? Lets not even start with all the bugs that appeared after the DLC was avail

SlimShady78
08-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Yes it's a fix BUT and I really do mean BUT the fixes they are doing are minor & less important compared to all of the d/c's, hard freezes, server timeouts, lag, etc shall I continue? Lets not even start with all the bugs that appeared after the DLC was avail

Missed the whole point in the post before this one.

Ark Hunter JoeyG
08-30-2013, 10:55 AM

It's just a game.

Yes, it is just a game, but its a game i paid for, DLC that i paid for, and it should be available to play when i'm able to play. The servers are down more than they are up!! everytime they put in a fix, 10 more things break. Why is patching such a problem, do they not have a test environment? By all means, lets patch a game and not put the patch through proper testing so it makes the game unstable. How about they address the game locking up the PS3 so bad that holding down the reset button for 10 seconds doesn't do anything? Since the DLC, it does this at least twice a day. We paid for a properly working game, they get away with this because of ppl like you who don't expect them to put out good patches, updates, or DLC's. With your logic, we should just wait for them to fix it and not expect them to put out proper updates that don't need to be fixed from the start, and we are the ones at fault for not having a playable game!! Seriously??? I paid for this game, i shouldn't have to move on to another one because its not stable yet again.....

Z0mb1E
08-30-2013, 11:18 AM
Yes, it is just a game, but its a game i paid for, DLC that i paid for, and it should be available to play when i'm able to play. The servers are down more than they are up!! everytime they put in a fix, 10 more things break. Why is patching such a problem, do they not have a test environment? By all means, lets patch a game and not put the patch through proper testing so it makes the game unstable. How about they address the game locking up the PS3 so bad that holding down the reset button for 10 seconds doesn't do anything? Since the DLC, it does this at least twice a day. We paid for a properly working game, they get away with this because of ppl like you who don't expect them to put out good patches, updates, or DLC's. With your logic, we should just wait for them to fix it and not expect them to put out proper updates that don't need to be fixed from the start, and we are the ones at fault for not having a playable game!! Seriously??? I paid for this game, i shouldn't have to move on to another one because its not stable yet again.....

Well said Sir!!

GiantInMaine
08-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Tweet received.

Maintenance is over and servers are back up.

dahanese
Servers are back up and running.

dahanese
Tweet received.

Maintenance is over and servers are back up.

Bah, beat me to it. Had to update the Server thread first. :P

GiantInMaine
08-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Hehe :) sorry..

ItISLupus
08-30-2013, 11:20 AM

Believe it or not, all of your "I paid for a working game" comments are handled by the EULA. Go Read it. I'll be back when you are done.

Deirachel
08-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Lupus is correct. We didn't pay for "a working game". We paid for "Defiance" (and some of us paid for the "Defiance Season Pass" (me) or "Castithan Charge Pack"). There is no warranty on the package, or in the ToS, or the EULA.

Do I think the game should be less buggy? Darned tootin'.

Do I want the game to be better? Absolutely.

Have I been frustrated with the problems? Enough that I've tossed my controller a few times (at the bed... cause I'm not going to let a game break my controller or TV...)

Have I had LOTS of fun with Defiance? I'll bet you dollars to donuts I have. (Way more than COD:BOII or NHL13 or Minecraft or a few other games I've played this year.)

Billy Guile
08-31-2013, 02:26 AM
bloody hell, do that many people actually do the rampages-- that it is on the tip top of the list of things to fix? or is it just the easiest thing to fix?

Deirachel
08-31-2013, 02:54 AM
Billy, considering the discussion we had about the production vehicle, I figured you'd be the last guy to make that statement.

Remember the last error code your car got? Remember how often the error code actually told you what part was wrong especially if it was an emissions issue? (I just fixed an issue like this today. Code said it was the IAC valve problem. Problem was a cracked vacuum hose in a position I couldn't see the crack, which did not connect to the IAC valve.)

Same concept here.

Anything causing crashes is bad. And, it's possible one "minor" or "little used" feature's instability is a major cause of the entire game's stability. Even if it wasn't, with this issue fixed, you now know "it's not that". Which is the best way to troubleshoot if you don't know what the problem actually is (Car is not starting. Battery is working, starter is not; Trace the wires to the starter, fix frayed wire. Car is still not starting. Test the starter, starter works fine. Trace the wires to the fuel pump....etc.)

Telemachus
08-31-2013, 04:09 AM
Hey everyone,

I just posted a server downtime notice (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?130133-8-30-13-NA-EU-Server-Update-%28PC-PS3-360%29-10-AM-PDT&p=1231713#post1231713) over in the server status forum.

I also wanted to go ahead and give you the patch notes for this small patch, so here they are!

Defiance 1.11 Patch

Why haven't you added them to the forum NAMED patch notes ?

On getting a download/update had to search for them, weren't in the correct place...

Could of stickied them at the top of this forum atleast.