It would make sense considering they have added more mod vendors now
Maybe a hidden mod vendor?
.....thoughts?

Arsenic_Touch
08-30-2013, 01:10 AM
They haven't added any hidden vendors.

Pyth
08-30-2013, 01:18 AM
There is a "4th" hidden vendor. Has been since day one, but very few people know about it. Here's what you need to do;

- Head the Northeast section of the map (above Shandu's Consulate) and you'll notice that there are 3 piers that wrap around the coast.
- At each pier there are bandits. You need to wipe out all 3 locations killing them with headshots only. And all 3 piers need to be wiped out within a 5 minute time span. If you do this correctly, you'll hear a chime.
- From this point you will have exactly 3 minutes to return to the highway, a vendor defense mission will pop up. Complete it quickly enough and you'll have a few minutes of access to the 4th hidden vendor.

His inventory consist of 3 special deals. Two of them are always purple and the third is a random blue mod.

Good luck and if you don't get it at first, just keep trying.

Phantom_x_Raven
08-30-2013, 01:23 AM
Lol pyth you ****

crasher
08-30-2013, 01:24 AM
They haven't added any hidden vendors.
They added a vendor at the new jump site 'Lighthouse' west of Bug/Chugg, but it's not hidden.

A s0t
08-30-2013, 01:24 AM
There is a "4th" hidden vendor. Has been since day one, but very few people know about it. Here's what you need to do;

- Head the Northeast section of the map (above Shandu's Consulate) and you'll notice that there are 3 piers that wrap around the coast.
- At each pier there are bandits. You need to wipe out all 3 locations killing them with headshots only. And all 3 piers need to be wiped out within a 5 minute time span. If you do this correctly, you'll hear a chime.
- From this point you will have exactly 3 minutes to return to the highway, a vendor defense mission will pop up. Complete it quickly enough and you'll have a few minutes of access to the 4th hidden vendor.

His inventory consist of 3 special deals. Two of them are always purple and the third is a random blue mod.

i haven't done a defend the vendor emergency since the beta

Cylumne
08-30-2013, 01:26 AM
Nerfing weapon's √
Breaking loot boxes √
Ignoring Player base about game glitches /problems √
Fixing crap that is not remotely broken ,in course of doing so breaking 20 other thing's not previously broken! √
sitting on arse for 5+ months before slamming rushed weekend/overnight made content out the door to extremely dissatisfied player base caling a "game update" "dlc" then charging us for it √

the list is much much longer but hopefully you get the irony and the point hell will freeze over before a gaming conglomerate like trion will get right and do something remotely like right for its player base.....

fyi. there are no hidden vendors period the npc vendors where the original concept for vendors in the game.....before the switch to the trashcan/dumpster ones ....

Phuccko
08-30-2013, 01:26 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w0HCNYLNf5E/T_yUNv26ZLI/AAAAAAAABcw/UdUQCgmagMU/s1600/not-sure-if-trolling-or-serious.jpg.png

Cylumne
08-30-2013, 01:34 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w0HCNYLNf5E/T_yUNv26ZLI/AAAAAAAABcw/UdUQCgmagMU/s1600/not-sure-if-trolling-or-serious.jpg.png

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo213/Sick020/picard-facepalm.jpg

A s0t
08-30-2013, 01:43 AM
the hidden vendor is at pax

Elric1
08-30-2013, 03:43 AM

which was paid by our money instead of spending it fixing the game =)

Myria
08-30-2013, 03:54 AM

I confess I LoLed :).

Indra Echo
08-30-2013, 05:07 AM
i haven't done a defend the vendor emergency since the beta

I've run into that one in different places.

Indra Echo
08-30-2013, 05:26 AM
which was paid by our money instead of spending it fixing the game =)
You bought a game. You don't make business decisions for the company. And there are other devs there that have games out that they're done patching, so they'll never get fixed. Fine, be mad at this game, but do something about the state of all this.

If you own a game that has never been fully fixed, don't buy the next one by that dev. I sincerely doubt that anyone will ever do that. And so games will always be released in beta stage at best and will be patched, and patches break stuff, and then they'll hit the wall-their patching days will be over and the games will still have bugs.

I'm not saying you aren't free to be mad if your experience in the game sucks. Mine doesn't. I know you've had problems with the arena-and some of it is because you don't like the level of difficulty and can't get gold as well as lag. But I'm not that great in the game and I got gold awhile ago. If the problems were all because of the game, then I should still be having problems with that too. It doesn't mean you aren't having lag issues or anything else.

People will call me a fan boy or whatever they want to, but I've honestly tried to get people to understand about lag. If it is not universal then it's not just the game that is responsible. Some phases are less busy than others. I once had a 30 second lag in one phase. A clan member had no lag in his-I joined his phase and had no lag. I played on the PS3 last night when I played (I usually play on the xbox). There were fewer people in some of the phases I was in than I see on the xbox-and little or no lag. The lag happened when I was in a busier phase, at an arkfall and 6 people were driving around it in Raptors and Challengers.

Myria
08-30-2013, 05:40 AM
If ever Trion adds horses to the game, Indra, I do hope they save a white one for you :).

Mr Pain
08-30-2013, 07:48 AM
You bought a game. You don't make business decisions for the company. And there are other devs there that have games out that they're done patching, so they'll never get fixed. Fine, be mad at this game, but do something about the state of all this.

If you own a game that has never been fully fixed, don't buy the next one by that dev. I sincerely doubt that anyone will ever do that. And so games will always be released in beta stage at best and will be patched, and patches break stuff, and then they'll hit the wall-their patching days will be over and the games will still have bugs.

I'm not saying you aren't free to be mad if your experience in the game sucks. Mine doesn't. I know you've had problems with the arena-and some of it is because you don't like the level of difficulty and can't get gold as well as lag. But I'm not that great in the game and I got gold awhile ago. If the problems were all because of the game, then I should still be having problems with that too. It doesn't mean you aren't having lag issues or anything else.

People will call me a fan boy or whatever they want to, but I've honestly tried to get people to understand about lag. If it is not universal then it's not just the game that is responsible. Some phases are less busy than others. I once had a 30 second lag in one phase. A clan member had no lag in his-I joined his phase and had no lag. I played on the PS3 last night when I played (I usually play on the xbox). There were fewer people in some of the phases I was in than I see on the xbox-and little or no lag. The lag happened when I was in a busier phase, at an arkfall and 6 people were driving around it in Raptors and Challengers.

I'm with you on this. Every MMO has issues... not to mention this is the only cross platform MMO I have ever seen. Of course its going tohave problems. I am okay with the problems.. let them happen. I look at this game as kind of a beta for cross platfom MMO's. Every other company that should use this a reference point from here on out and learn from the issues of this game. I enjoy this game... so flame away.

Trik
08-30-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm with you on this. Every MMO has issues... not to mention this is the only cross platform MMO I have ever seen. Of course its going tohave problems. I am okay with the problems.. let them happen. I look at this game as kind of a beta for cross platfom MMO's. Every other company that should use this a reference point from here on out and learn from the issues of this game. I enjoy this game... so flame away.

Cross platform MMO's have existed for over a decade, since the Dreamcast and PS2 with games like PSO (released in 2000) and FFXI (released in 2002). These titles existed on massively inferior hardware and were launched in an era where dial-up internet was all that was available, and while they had their issues were widely considered very successful for an mmo that wasn't an outlier like WoW. FFXI is also a multi-region MMO with people from North America, Europe and Japan/Asia sharing the same servers.

Cross platform MMO's are not remotely new, you could argue that cross platform MMO shooters are new - as technology has only recently reached a point that allows action based combat like in shooters to be viable on such a scale. But even then, the original Planetside did the mmo shooter idea many years ago as well.

Indra Echo
08-30-2013, 08:37 AM
Cross platform MMO's have existed for over a decade, since the Dreamcast and PS2 with games like PSO (released in 2000) and FFXI (released in 2002). These titles existed on massively inferior hardware and were launched in an era where dial-up internet was all that was available, and while they had their issues were widely considered very successful for an mmo that wasn't an outlier like WoW. FFXI is also a multi-region MMO with people from North America, Europe and Japan/Asia sharing the same servers.

Cross platform MMO's are not remotely new, you could argue that cross platform MMO shooters are new - as technology has only recently reached a point that allows action based combat like in shooters to be viable on such a scale. But even then, the original Planetside did the mmo shooter idea many years ago as well.

By the way, none of my comments are meant as disparaging to these games-I have a friend working on Planetside and P2.

Not released concurrently nor on this scale and in almost all markets. And PSO was broken down into areas and as I recall didn't have a large persistent open world. Some of the differences are technical ones but differences nonetheless.

Defiance is the first MMO shooter to be released simultaneously on the 3 different platforms and with this sort of scope as well. But it still stands that games (if there were any exactly like this) such as this will have big bad growing pains. Also, some of those titles listed suffered from some of what this one has-the limitations of the platforms they were released on.

They succeeded because people were more open to innovative thinking and less picky. I used to play a lot of great games a long time ago, too. Text adventures-fantastic games with real brains. And people loved them no matter how many times they read "that way is blocked" or some such thing. Back then people were more patient. I'm sorry but they were. People were still amazed at the things they could do in games and sometimes that was enough.

And sure, people can call me whatever names they want-it says more about them than it does about me. I know the kind of person I am-it's nice that some are so fast to prove the kinds of people they are. I've had a lot of really bad things happen in my life and I remain positive. And I've had games I truly loved be trashed by their devs, far worse than anything that has happened here and that won't make me heap hatred on real people. So, call me what you will. I wish you well. I truly do.

Indra Echo
08-30-2013, 09:00 AM
If ever Trion adds horses to the game, Indra, I do hope they save a white one for you :).

Ha, well I have my criticisms as well but some people seem to think that criticism must come with rage, or it's not valid or was never said. And a lot of it is about trying to be part of a group of the overtly disgruntled. It's like the angry guy shouting in a movie theater that the movie sucks. All that's for is to make everyone else unhappy and not to really get a complaint addressed.

I also see people here who think because they bought the game, they have the right (like some stockholder) to tell Trion what to do. That's not something that's on my game's cover. Some of the same people have made threads proclaiming their game is unplayable and yet they're playing it. Their dictionaries are broken.

Sure, I'm often defending things because I like the game. But some don't think anyone's allowed to. If you like the game you must say something like "but it better get fixed or I'm gone. Effin' Trion. Worst game ever that I still like and still play." Otherwise, you're a white knight :D or some super fan boy (ain't no boy and I've not been a youngster for a long time) with no brain. My brain is fully engaged. I don't follow crowds.

I tend to defend things I like, especially when I see someone saying s/he is speaking for everyone. That doesn't mean I hold others in contempt. I have complained about various games on other sites-and on most of those other sites, the devs ignore everything fans say.

I own my own business and I know that customers can have valid complaints that must be addressed. But I also know that sometimes customers make mistakes, don't read descriptions, don't know how to use what they buy.

And then they will call you all kinds of names, claim you lied-even if it's written in many places exactly what they're getting, and rarely admit their mistakes. It does come with the territory. I've even dealt with people that I've emailed before shipping out an item-explaining exactly what they were getting to be sure-who later on threatened me, called me a liar, and kept sending me emails of that kind even after I offered a refund. Wouldn't even accept the refund. And I couldn't get them to tell me how to fix their problem or make it right. This person was trying to run a CD program in the DVD player hooked up to their TV.

People have valid complaints. Some valid ones have often got drowned out by those that wanted Trion to take care of other things-or that just felt it was their turn to call Trion names. The customer is always right, until s/he isn't.