PDA

View Full Version : Weekly scheduled general maintenance opinions

Medic Boyo
08-30-2013, 01:40 AM
As you all know we have been experiencing a lot of issues with downtime on our gameplay days due to lack of server maintenance and obviously the quick restarts they have been performing in the mornings are not enough to take care of our servers so I would like to gather peoples opinions on Trion setting up a day during the week when Server population is low and taking the server down for 2 to 3 hours maybe more, to perform extensive general maintenance.

A s0t
08-30-2013, 01:42 AM
As you all know we have been experiencing a lot of issues with downtime on our gameplay days due to lack of server maintenance and obviously the quick restarts they have been performing in the mornings are not enough to take care of our servers so I would like to gather peoples opinions on Trion setting up a day during the week when Server population is low and taking the server down for 2 to 3 hours maybe more, to perform extensive general maintenance.
yes like 4 months ago

Ryhlar
08-30-2013, 02:04 AM
I for one would be more than happy to sacrifice a few hours a week to improve upon the quality of the game.

WIK3D_KL0WN
08-20-2014, 01:54 AM
I for one don't care how long it takes, please do something.

Riandra
08-20-2014, 06:41 AM
Are you a Trion employee?

Sorry, I'm confused about that.

If you are, then pick a time when historically the least number of players are on and have at it.

If you aren't, then you're making assumptions that may or may not be correct - in that server "maintenance" will somehow fix the issues that the game is experiencing. I don't fully believe that longer downtime and work on the servers would make any significant difference to the stability of the server code. Maybe it is. I don't know but I suspect that the servers crashing have more to with coding bugs than hardware configuration.

Although, thinking about it a little more, perhaps the servers are behind in terms of OS patches and services. So, again, maybe it would help.

Anyway, to address the question: I'd be happy with maintenance if and only if it made a positive impact on the overall gaming experience.

squidgod2000
08-20-2014, 10:21 AM
thread necro.

Riandra fell for it~

Mr Modz
08-20-2014, 10:25 AM
I dont know about just being down, they have to have something to apply for this to be needed. I would love to see them do server restarts twice a day though instead of once. (12am & 12pm) this would be greatly appreciated as it only takes five minutes.

Anyway, to address the question: I'd be happy with maintenance if and only if it made a positive impact on the overall gaming experience.

^I agree....