PDA

View Full Version : Key Bindings Resetting

Kreiden
04-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Is anyone else having a problem with customized key bindings reverting to default every time the game is close, whether that be a log out or a crash?

I've had this problem since half way through beta, and it is beyond game breaking for me. I am literally about to never touch this game again, and I have only played for a few hours into the live game now...

Scargy
04-04-2013, 07:21 AM
i have the same problem after the game close some buttons are resseting back to default its annoying everytime i log to fix the buttons

Saraya
04-04-2013, 07:31 AM
Aye, I get it as well.
What's curious is that if I set bindings at the character select menu, only some of them are saved when I load into the game.
Then I set the rest of them in the game, only to find out that when I exit to the character screen, they've been reset again - though this time, they aren't all the same keys that were defaulting previously!

So not only does it reset keys, it can't even agree with itself which keys to save between selecting a character and logging in!

I couldn't find any localized files for this, looks like it's server side - another brilliant idea for this product.
Apparently it's known issue but also one that only affects some people, with no way to recreate it as it's not specific hardware related, just 'hardware related on some systems.'

Woody
04-04-2013, 07:46 AM
yes, fix this!!

sauna
04-04-2013, 07:50 AM
Yes, please, fix this.

Awesome job on fixing settings-crash but this is equally important.

WantedOne
04-04-2013, 07:50 AM
I also have the issue, no idea what's causing it, but "Voice" and "Motion Blur" also don't save from what I've noticed.(voice shows as "off" but apparently it isn't/after restarting)

wastelander
04-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Myself and all my friends playing this game are having the same issues - even on a disconnect to the character screen will reset the controls / game / graphical settings. Kind of obnoxious considering how long this issue has been around.

Velgrim
04-04-2013, 08:26 AM
If you're running Windows 7 or later, try and right click on the games shortcut and choose Run as administrator. If that fixes the issue then the windows user you are logged in as does not have write permissions to the necessary file(s). I've not experienced this myself, so this is just a suggestion. If key-binds etc. are stored on the server and not the local machine then my idea is flawed.

sauna
04-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Trion: fix this ASAP, please.
I want to play but I don't want to rebind every time I disconnect.

No, running as admin won't help.

testolino
04-07-2013, 03:54 AM
Same problem here!

KingMike
04-07-2013, 04:01 AM
They been having issues since Alpha regarding settings not saving.
We been posting like mad men on the Alpha board about this with nothing happend. Dont get your hopes up to soon.

Best way to fix this is to add a damn config file that we can edit and have that loading with the game. We been telling them for some time now.

Whizbang
04-07-2013, 04:07 AM
In order to fix this issue they will need to release a client patch. They have their first client patch scheduled for the 15th of April. Hopefully the patch notes will be out in the next couple of days so we can see what is all being addressed.

Rhaane
04-07-2013, 04:47 AM
Combat and Vehicle reset every time I log in, Menus does not reset. This is extremely annoying and alone just enough to make me think twice about bothering to log in at times. I fail to see how something like this goes thru Alpha Beta Release and is not addressed =/ Lowers my confidence in this project. Its bad enough that the game is setup for console and just stuck on PC. I am "dealing" but the extra tediousness is just almost too much.

Spookyy
04-07-2013, 09:56 AM
I got this "problem" also. lolworthy indeedy.

PhoenixFire
04-07-2013, 10:03 AM
I also have the issue, no idea what's causing it, but "Voice" and "Motion Blur" also don't save from what I've noticed.(voice shows as "off" but apparently it isn't/after restarting)

Just tried this in-game. Set everything to high and on, went into game, changed settings to Blur off and bloom off, logged out and back in and all settings were set to on again.