PDA

View Full Version : patching downloads the entire game again?

blindsaviour
08-31-2013, 02:22 AM
i haven't been around for a lot of patches but i remember it took me 6hrs to download the patch when the DLC came out, now i'm patching for 1.11 and even though it's a small patch it's taking me 6hrs again?

do you have to download the entire game all over every time they patch something or is there something messed up on my end?

Billy Guile
08-31-2013, 02:32 AM
server speeds are ******ed slow :-/

blindsaviour
08-31-2013, 05:26 AM
that really doesn't answer my question... what i want to know is do we have to download the entire game again every time there is a patch or is there something wrong on my end?

cos the first time i downloaded the game it took me 6hrs, DLC patch took me again another 6hrs and now a patch that fixes lag in arenas is again 6hrs... sure it would take a lot less if my dl speed wasn't only 4 Mbps but it makes no sense that i'm downloading the entire game again...

Elishan
09-01-2013, 03:24 AM
that really doesn't answer my question... what i want to know is do we have to download the entire game again every time there is a patch or is there something wrong on my end?

cos the first time i downloaded the game it took me 6hrs, DLC patch took me again another 6hrs and now a patch that fixes lag in arenas is again 6hrs... sure it would take a lot less if my dl speed wasn't only 4 Mbps but it makes no sense that i'm downloading the entire game again...

I seem to be having the same issue. I've not been around for a couple of patches either so perhaps if you miss any then you have to start from scratch...

VicousBlood
09-01-2013, 03:40 AM
Some people are having the issue, some aren't. I think it's hit or miss. I have both standalone and steam versions of the game and haven't had the issue on either. So, I don't think it's client type either, especially since all the files are the same on both versions. And yes the patching server is at a crawl right now, I had not updated the steam version until today which was prior DLC, so including the DLC and 1.11 there is only about 1 gig difference. In which case the patcher equated it to be about 5 hours @ 5.07 mbps (approx 500 kbps) I find that time to be really high for the filesize/datarate ratio.