PDA

View Full Version : Report from the field - Warning!!!!

GOG
04-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Looks like the unlocks from the arc codes and/or any pre-order bonus are once per account (not once per character), so be careful before you claim (plus I would use a lock box while your EGO is below 100 so you can at least get some modable weapons...but thats just me).

Not sure if you can claim a set in both US and EU servers atm.

fishboy11
04-01-2013, 05:14 PM
does the cash shop sells stuff that the arc codes give you, if so then its just pure greed and i hate games that do that

[Edit]

Defy
04-01-2013, 05:19 PM
really are you sure about that? I thought theyd be for all the chars

is there a way to claim for 2nd char if you decide to reroll?

Pain
04-01-2013, 05:27 PM
So are you saying the Challenger is for only one character too?

Chippy
04-01-2013, 05:29 PM
Interesting... i raised a ticket regarding the above last week and this was the reply from a GM

Response Via Email (GM Damocles) 03/28/2013 11:57 AM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

We are happy to let you know that every code you will enter will be available to all your characters !

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Pain
04-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Okay good..

Mog
04-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Just made a second character and I have rewards available for both although for some reason I am not getting the RM Nomad M4.

GOG
04-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Yup, I didn't see the Nomad appear either. I hadn't claimed em all (just picked a couple to test the waters). Nomad and the Steam Sniper rifle.

Defy
04-01-2013, 06:13 PM
ok so its for all chars then? can OP confirm again?

GOG
04-01-2013, 06:17 PM
Dunno not claimed everything just to test it out. I just claimed a nomad and the steam sniper rifle. Didn't see em on the second toon. However I've not seen my DDE items yet so all the claim stuff it up in the air atm. Just telling ppl to be careful until we get a clarification from someone (I'd love for it to be all toons)

Pasha
04-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Confirming. Arkfall salvage and lockboxes are per-account.

Dear Trion, if you couldn't launch Europe along with NA server - you could at least make those pity bonuses account-wide.

TL;DR EU screwed even more.

Blackwolfe
04-01-2013, 06:46 PM
WHAT? I tried a bit on NA servers (since eu servers seem to be down atm), and claimed all the items, am I screwed on the EU servers now? If so, Im seriously pissed off..

EdgeTW
04-01-2013, 06:48 PM
I can't speak for every single item, but you are given access to the pre-order weapon on different characters even if you have claimed them before.

Actually, from what I can tell that holds true for everything. The only item I have not tested yet is the lockboxes.

Nelob
04-01-2013, 06:50 PM
WHAT? I tried a bit on NA servers (since eu servers seem to be down atm), and claimed all the items, am I screwed on the EU servers now? If so, Im seriously pissed off..

I heard you're screwed if you do lockboxes and change region or new char, that's going from a few posts on steam forum and other places.

though wait on an official response.

Aeekto
04-01-2013, 06:53 PM
Tried both Servers and i get and can claim everytime all items for all character (except the items that are missing for every char)....... just like it is supposed to be

sp00s
04-01-2013, 06:56 PM
I was able to create a character, claim everything, delete start a new character and claim it again. The only thing I didnt try was the lockboxes. But the preorder, arkfall codes, and retailer items were able to be claimed again.

Blackwolfe
04-01-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks Aeekto, thats comforting to hear. Nice to see you on the live forums :)

Its almost 4 am here, something woke me up at 3 am, then I saw that someone had said that the eu server was up.. but it wasnt when I tried. *sigh* cant go to sleep now, not before Ive gotten my charnames.

<-- Not entirely awake yet.

iiReLaX o
04-01-2013, 06:57 PM
The 1st Thread

Looks like the unlocks for pre-orders and the arc codes are per account (not per character), so be careful before you claim them.

Haven't checked yet to see if you get a new set if switching between EU and US servers (I presume you do as the characters aren't carried across).

Two character slots, and a possible 3rd race to come in the DLCs....what to do :D

This Thread.

Looks like the unlocks from the arc codes and/or any pre-order bonus are once per account (not once per character), so be careful before you claim (plus I would use a lock box while your EGO is below 100 so you can at least get some modable weapons...but thats just me).

Not sure if you can claim a set in both US and EU servers atm.

Were two of these really necessary?

Aeekto
04-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Thanks Aeekto, thats comforting to hear. Nice to see you on the live forums :)

Its almost 4 am here, something woke me up at 3 am, then I saw that someone had said that the eu server was up.. but it wasnt when I tried. *sigh* cant go to sleep now, not before Ive gotten my charnames.

<-- Not entirely awake yet.

Same happened to me.... just woke up in the middle of the night and because i couldnīt sleep anymore i just tried to login out of boredom and was surprised i got in :D
But i just only did some testing and saved my charname.... will wait for official launch until i start with my realy long play session ;) (actually canīt get back in anyways on EU... NA works fine tho)

Babar
04-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Tried both Servers and i get and can claim everytime all items for all character (except the items that are missing for every char)....... just like it is supposed to be

can you give/sell this stuff to one of your friend? then delete the character and do it again?

Aeekto
04-01-2013, 07:08 PM
can you give/sell this stuff to one of your friend? then delete the character and do it again?

same like outfits and vehicles ...... you canīt sell or trade them.... only lockbox items, but that isnīt the time worth it because you will gain more things faster by playing instead of doing tutorial over and over and over again just for some scrip each round.

But if you want to do it because you are to lazy to play in the real world and only want easymode-tutorial, then just a little warning for you: "itīs exploiting.... exploiting is against the rules and could be punished with a ban" ;)

Avenger
04-01-2013, 07:12 PM
I only tested with some items but I was able to redeem them with both of my characters.

Babar
04-01-2013, 07:19 PM
same like outfits and vehicles ...... you canīt sell or trade them.... only lockbox items, but that isnīt the time worth it because you will gain more things faster by playing instead of doing tutorial over and over and over again just for some scrip each round.

I do not understand you can not trade and sell in the game, or you can not trade and sale outfits and vehicles?
For exemple can you trade/sell the pre-order weapon? the Red Dodge?

But if you want to do it because you are to lazy to play in the real world and only want easymode-tutorial, then just a little warning for you: "itīs exploiting.... exploiting is against the rules and could be punished with a ban" ;)
Don't worry for the way I will play :) I am asking mostly to understand 'how works the game' and maybe to be able to 'give' exclusive stuff to friend.

Aeekto
04-01-2013, 07:27 PM
You canīt sell or trade vehicles, outfits or preorder items.... just as i said.

Edit: After severall tests now it seems claiming items is still bugged..... sometimes i get a lockbox, sometimes not...... sometimes its 13 items to claim and the other time 16 items and still a lot is missing.

Actually i hope they will wipe for the official launch (since the game hasnīt released yet)

Pasha
04-01-2013, 07:32 PM
i hope they will wipe for the official launch (since the game hasnīt released yet)

Not going to happen, these are paying clients who play for 4+ hours already - not us, alpha-testers.

Aeekto
04-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Not going to happen, these are paying clients who play for 4+ hours already - not us, alpha-testers.

Doesnīt matter since itīs testing phase and "NO" official launch yet!

Just a quote for you of the Q&A:

Q: So is this a “soft launch”?
A: No, we do everything hard.

So it still could be possible that there will be a wipe...... hope to get an answer from devs soon.

Babar
04-01-2013, 07:44 PM
You canīt sell or trade vehicles, outfits or preorder items.... just as i said

Thank you for the answer... I am sorry to make you say stuff twice... english is not my first language.
Just to be sure... you can sell/trade the other 'regular items' you find during the game? (I only palyed the beta few hours)

Mantus
04-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Doesnīt matter since itīs testing phase and "NO" official launch yet!

Just a quote for you of the Q&A:

Q: So is this a “soft launch”?
A: No, we do everything hard.

So it still could be possible that there will be a wipe...... hope to get an answer from devs soon.

lol
right...the game has launched. theres not gonna be a "wipe". You have any idea what sort of backlash that would create? especially since theres no reason to wipe the game?