PDA

View Full Version : Can't see my friend when we play.

Ham Tyler
08-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Does anyone have this problem? I play the PC version of Defiance, my buddy plays the PS3 version. Long story short, we can never see each other even when we are standing right next to each other. What gives?

I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong forum, but I tried the support and I couldn't post.

crasher
08-31-2013, 02:26 PM
Cross platform rhetoric aside, players on different platforms do not see each other, they play on different servers that do not communicate.

Cocatox
08-31-2013, 03:02 PM
Does anyone have this problem? I play the PC version of Defiance, my buddy plays the PS3 version. Long story short, we can never see each other even when we are standing right next to each other. What gives?

I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong forum, but I tried the support and I couldn't post.

trion have had the plan to do cross play but sony and microsoft dont want it so your friend must play on pc or you on ps3

Ham Tyler
09-01-2013, 07:02 AM
trion have had the plan to do cross play but sony and microsoft dont want it so your friend must play on pc or you on ps3

That's disappointing... but I kinda figured as such. Thanks for the replies.

smokeystars
09-01-2013, 07:27 AM
That's disappointing... but I kinda figured as such. Thanks for the replies.

I pretty much think that's not cool, since this is a game to interact with others from various places, you should be able to interact with whomever you want and the game makers should listen to the players and take care of this! :confused:

Rakshasa
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
I pretty much think that's not cool, since this is a game to interact with others from various places, you should be able to interact with whomever you want and the game makers should listen to the players and take care of this! :confused:

Read above. It's not up to the game makers, it's up to Sony and Microsoft. They generally won't allow true cross-platform games (as opposed to just multi-platform) to operate on their services, unless the games exclude their competition. So you occasionally get cross-platform for PS3+PC or X360+PC games, but not PS3+X360+PC games.