PDA

View Full Version : New Missions from the DLC

Vashee
08-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Hi!

I hope someone can tell me how to play the new storyline from the new DLC, the only option I have ( that I know of) is to start from the beginnig :confused:

So are there any thing i am doing wrong?

Cocatox
08-31-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi!

I hope someone can tell me how to play the new storyline from the new DLC, the only option I have ( that I know of) is to start from the beginnig :confused:

So are there any thing i am doing wrong?

ther are no new story missions in the first dlc only some side missions but they are only avaible at volge sieges

Arsenic_Touch
08-31-2013, 03:25 PM
The whisper's scream is a data recorder a little south east of top notch, near the water. Abandon your current quest to see it show up as a blue icon on your map. This will have you grab one data recorder, send you after two more, then you'll be at diablo lighthouse. You'll get a cut scene, then have a quest to get silver in all 5 arenas. Then you get another cut scene, you get the weakest of the charge blades (green rarity, greyish blade colour) and a mask. Then you can run the arenas over and over again to get the rep to buy the higher rarity charge blades that have a blue tinted blade.

That's it for story.

ten4
08-31-2013, 05:09 PM
There is no real story at all with the DLC. 5 months later, Von Bach is still lying on the beach with glowing eyes. We will not be seeing any continuation of the actual main mission arc until the show starts up again in season 2 a year from now. This whole TV <-> game innovation is just a sneaky way to get around not having to come up with new story and halt any sort of bi-weekly story related contracts when season 1 ended. Saves a ton of money!

August Barkley
08-31-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes, it is a great shame. :(

On the other hand, this parody of the story may be a good prequel to the parallel storyline. I hope the writers are sane, and one day it will be continued.

Strontium Dog
08-31-2013, 05:55 PM
As stated by others no real story in DLC.

In fact id question the C of the DLC since most of the patch is bug fixes and rehash of old stuff ie a vehicle and a siege

Still to have answered why it took so long or was pushed back several times when theres nothing to this DL(C) that could cause issues

TigrisMorte
09-01-2013, 06:57 AM
... why it took so long or was pushed back several times when theres nothing to this DL...
Please note: the below is my opinion based upon articles, interviews, results, and personal experience in large projects not related.

The powers that be at Trion started to freak out at the cost 6 months before launch.
They brought in a new Exec. Producer to "bring this ship back on course" when in reality the project needed more manpower.
They launched with virtually every issue reported in Beta untouched because the team was simply too small.
The powers that be at Trion then decided to save money by "releasing from contract" most if not all the writers and artists and a good chunk of the already spread too thin code monkeys.
When PR became a nightmare and target dates were missed the powers that be at Trion chose to blame the replacement Exec. Producer, sticking their fingers in their ears and saying, "La La La La La La La La...".
Finally, someone with "at stake" said, "um, you really don't know what is going on." and the CEO was replaced.
The CEO has been consolidating in an attempt to shore up the company.
He is making "financial" meetings and having the Community Support run damage control while he is busy trying to repair the damage done by the prior administration.
Unfortunately that is not the CEO's task at present is not a quick thing.
In the short term the resources are not there to do more than is being done.
In the long term, if CEO is successful, the resources shall be available to actually get this game where it needs to be.

They only question remaining is, does the game have tome for that?
Given that, baring total financial meltdown (which is unlikely), it shall almost certainly run through the end of season 2 of the TV show, I think there may be just enough time.

That does however mean most or all of the four remaining DLC shall be light, consisting of data recorders and weak cash shop items.

Yes, amongst the cynical doom above you can see I still care a small cinder of hope.

Strontium Dog
09-01-2013, 07:16 AM
You may be right ..however I don't expect the second season to fair well given that by the time its out they will have lost most of the gamer playerbase and the show isnt strong or well acted enough to keep an audience that aren't game related.

So yeah, games gonna last as long as the show :/

IokTheMonkey
09-08-2013, 12:08 PM
It's really disappointing that they've put the story line ''on hold'' between seasons. Part of the reason I bought the game was to get a plot fix BETWEEN the airing of Season 1 and 2 and whilst I understand there are financial limitations (I used to work in the games industry so I understand the constant juggling act of content vs time vs finances vs manpower vs player expectation) but it seems Trion have really dropped the ball here by not having SOMETHING to fill the void.

What really smarts though is that the DLC is being marketed as being just that. Whilst TECHNICALLY a couple of find the data recorder objectives and a couple of cut scenes could be considered ''story'' what we really have here is little more than a series of Rampage/Hot Shot missions dressed up to look fancier than they really are... And I think that's what I REALLY feel angered about.