PDA

View Full Version : Charged blade right click for frontal shield

MattN
08-31-2013, 03:21 PM
The charged blade doesn't do anything with right mouse click. Why not add an energy frontal riot shield? A melee char is fragile and need to get close for combat, the shield would help tremendously. I just don't last very long playing melee compare to guns.

Hold right click sword turn to shield, cannot sprint, release right click back to sword.

DarknessEyes PT
08-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Good idea, but it also needs:
* Random stats and xp bonus: +swing dmg, +swing speed, +charge dmg, +aoe dmg, etc.
* A skill like all other guns.

WARDUKE
08-31-2013, 03:36 PM
If I were in charge, I'd have made the new blade part of a revamped melee ability that replaced the rifle butt melee attack.

Equip melee weapon in this slot and it activates when you would normally use the rifle butt attack. Don't equip a melee weapon and the rifle butt works like normal.

This would allow the expansion of melee weapons to include things like tasors and pepperspray, as well as all kinds of new blades.

InfamousBrad
08-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Given how much of its UI was borrowed from the Pulverizor (http://en.defiance-wiki.com/wiki/Pulverizor), right-click should be the AoE attack.

Nefarious
08-31-2013, 05:29 PM
I thought it would of been cool to get some kind of block or parry system when hit it and timed correctly against other charge blades.

But as far as a shield I would go as far and say that you shouldn't be able to move at all, depending on how strong it would be. Im biases though since I do good work with the Charge Blade as is. So I don't think it needs a buff in anyway really but a new little feature would be cool.

August Barkley
08-31-2013, 05:40 PM
It's too much! :(

Even in the show, Datak had no shield, only the blade. It`s more correct to make an alternative form of attack or parry, but not a shield.

Valaska
08-31-2013, 06:15 PM
If I were in charge, I'd have made the new blade part of a revamped melee ability that replaced the rifle butt melee attack.

Equip melee weapon in this slot and it activates when you would normally use the rifle butt attack. Don't equip a melee weapon and the rifle butt works like normal.

This would allow the expansion of melee weapons to include things like tasors and pepperspray, as well as all kinds of new blades.

Bleh, thats worse than this system, a graphics change is no fun. Make it more like, WArframe's Melee, that had some interesting elements to it even if the game was crap.

WARDUKE
08-31-2013, 08:20 PM
Warframe is very Devil May Cry meets Tron anime. My view is that they just shouldn't have added melee to this game as an after thought, but if it's going to be here, make it a secondary attack.

Nobody brings a sword to a gun fight and wins. Well, nobody but Ginji Matsuzaki, but he could slice bullets.

Elric1
08-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Warframe is very Devil May Cry meets Tron anime. My view is that they just shouldn't have added melee to this game as an after thought, but if it's going to be here, make it a secondary attack.

Nobody brings a sword to a gun fight and wins. Well, nobody but Ginji Matsuzaki, but he could slice bullets.

Ego power should make us all like him but anywho my suggestions.

Sword has stats that can be raised including reg att, charge att, aoe attack, swing speed, % sword blocking/mitigated (use gun's butt attack button)

dual wielding : this allows two charged blades use at once however there are drawbacks. The swords strikes twice as often but for half damage. it takes twice as long to charge strike. One blade can block while the other attacks thought you cannot move while blocking. AOE has cooldown. Takes both weapon slots.

twitch reflex
08-31-2013, 10:44 PM
I think they should make it like the bmg protector were it is diminished damage.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
08-31-2013, 11:21 PM
I would rather it gave it a dash or lunge attack like the Viscera. Something of a closing distance attack were player makes a quick dash while swinging.

Atticus Batman
08-31-2013, 11:23 PM

Personally I prefer Ichigo Kurosaki. I would however LOVE a shield, afterall my avi has one! Why can't I?!

They should make an equipable gear slot, eith the gear working either automatically or with a button press depending on gear options or whitchever the devs decide works best for the game mechanics.

Notturno
08-31-2013, 11:23 PM
I would rather it gave it a dash or lunge attack like the Viscera. Something of a closing distance attack were player makes a quick dash while swinging.

Agreed on this, I would much rather see a more reliable gap closer than Blur, over something like a shield. Besides, what purpose would the shield serve? To me, adding any sort of "riot shield" functionality (a la Call of Duty) sounds incredibly frustrating as a mechanic.