PDA

View Full Version : Digital deluxe worth it?

Chivaro
04-01-2013, 05:48 PM
I have the standard edition on steam. Is it worth upgrading to digital deluxe for an extra 20?

jshahmiran
04-01-2013, 05:51 PM
the month long exp boost is a nice bouns.

Pipda
04-01-2013, 05:57 PM
I would actually say wait till you have a chance to play the game. Trion's past performance with MMOs, Rift, was really solid. This game I am not so sure about. I decided against the DD edition after I saw the game in Alpha and the progress through beta. It is $60 worth of fun but not $99 in my opinion. Honestly I have serious doubts as to how well this game is going to be supported by Trion and what it will even be like in a few months.

From what I understand we can upgrade later if the game turns out to be worth the extra money. Until then I am holding on to my wallet. If I am unable to upgrade later, o well, I can always find something else to toss money away on.

Chivaro
04-01-2013, 05:58 PM
I would actually say wait till you have a chance to play the game. Trion's past performance with MMOs, Rift, was really solid. This game I am not so sure about. I decided against the DD edition after I saw the game in Alpha and the progress through beta. It is $60 worth of fun but not $99 in my opinion. Honestly I have serious doubts as to how well this game is going to be supported by Trion and what it will even be like in a few months.

From what I understand we can upgrade later if the game turns out to be worth the extra money. Until then I am holding on to my wallet. If I am unable to upgrade later, o well, I can always find something else to toss money away on.
What about the season pass? Just that it's discounted on steam, so didn't know whether to take the plunge.

Pipda
04-01-2013, 06:23 PM
I was kicking that around myself. It is on sale right now on Steam for another 15 hours or so for $30, $10 cheaper than its normal cost.

There are two schools of thought on season pass DLC, some hate it some like it. I am neutral. I bought the season pass for BF3, the premium pack, because I knew what I was getting, DLCs and a bunch of other stuff and I play the game like a fiend. I did not get it for Borderlands 2 (despite owning all the DLC for for BL1) I also didn't buy a single one of the DLC packs by itself, too many other games eating up my time.

For Defiance I decided to pass, even with the Steam savings right now. As before I just have a lot of doubts about the game and am not willing to put down any more money beyond the basic box price till I get some hands on time with it. It was a huge leap of faith for me to even buy the game, based largely on how much I like Rift, but I do so expecting to splatter on the ground and not land on a pillow of blissful gaming joy. With that said I can not justify for myself the DLC pass.

My advice, wait and check out the game and see. Too many unknowns, will you even enjoy the game? Will you even want all the DLC packs?

Of course if you got a stack of bills you don't need go for it! Trion may need all the money they can get after this ;)