PDA

View Full Version : PSA to BMG users during Sieges

Dracian
09-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Please stay away from me.

You are making the ennemies stronger while bringing no additionnal DPS, your blue glow is messing with my aim (even more if you use a Spanner Protector), and I don't need to be healed since my Siege's loadout features two Syphon weapons with huge Crit bonuses.

Thanks for your comprehension :)

Sicks
09-02-2013, 01:36 AM
Not that i am one of them... but good luck with this bro.

From my experience its better to change yourself and your gameplay the to expect others to change.

If the game lets em do it and they get better rewards with less work ppl are gonna do it, if u cant accept that, then maybe multiplayer games are not your cup of tea.

crasher
09-02-2013, 02:09 AM

From my experience its better to change yourself and your gameplay the to expect others to change.

If the game lets em do it and they get better rewards with less work ppl are gonna do it, if u cant accept that, then maybe multiplayer games are not your cup of tea.
Agree with you, except that there's not much for me to change besides not showing up at all for the ones in less than broad daylight.
I can, as a shooter, score >35K with no or limited BMG usage around me. (My best was short of 40K by 140 points).

My score as a shooter with heavy BMG usage inflicted on the shooters a few hours ago, I had several in a row between 9K and 12K.
Same load-out, I was there before it started each time but 1, and that was about 30 seconds late, the V were just starting to show up.

It aint me, it's them.
I'm just going to stop going to over half of them.

::shrugg::
Oh well....
I'll live.

Tekrunner
09-02-2013, 02:25 AM

Yes, stopping BMG-leeching is going to be difficult. But for those who are too bad at this game to get 20k points by themselves, please at least switch to a real weapon once you've healed some. Tickling elite visceras with your stingray does not help anyone, you included.

ten4
09-02-2013, 02:33 AM
Have roll on EU server and stalk you with a BMG. j/k.

Or am I? LOL.

I really really really love annoying anti healers to no end so maybe not. Like this guy.

Yes, stopping BMG-leeching is going to be difficult. But for those who are too bad at this game to get 20k points by themselves, please at least switch to a real weapon once you've healed some. Tickling elite visceras with your stingray does not help anyone, you included.

Bad has nothing to do with it. When you got players whos sole mission is to get the last shot on a mob and earns 1.2k-4k points while the dude who took it down 100% to 1% gets +100 assist for his/her efforts then you realize that skill is of little to no factor at all. Whoever deals the most death blows in a siege wins, the end. Also must consider that many players are skilling up BMGs so this is possibly the single best event to do so in.

edit typo

vizibledog
09-02-2013, 02:48 AM
As long as its within the rules I'll use my BMG at any siege I choose and on whomever I wish.

Pandur
09-02-2013, 04:00 AM
Bad has nothing to do with it. When you got players whos sole mission is to get the last shot on a mob and earns 1.2k-4k points while the dude who took it down 100% to 99% gets +100 assist for his/her efforts then you realize that skill is of little to no factor at all. Whoever deals the most death blows in a siege wins, the end. Also must consider that many players are skilling up BMGs so this is possibly the single best event to do so in.

That right here is the main problem, the killing shot should not give you any kind of Point bonuses.

Durva360
09-02-2013, 04:02 AM
If they wish to use the bmg in that way let them. You do not dictate how they play or what weapon they should use.

Tekrunner
09-02-2013, 04:26 AM
Bad has nothing to do with it. When you got players whos sole mission is to get the last shot on a mob and earns 1.2k-4k points while the dude who took it down 100% to 99% gets +100 assist for his/her efforts then you realize that skill is of little to no factor at all. Whoever deals the most death blows in a siege wins, the end. Also must consider that many players are skilling up BMGs so this is possibly the single best event to do so in.

I don't think we've been playing the same sieges then. Yes, afflicted sieges were good to level BMGs, as you could link a ton of mobs with a stingray. But that's not the case in volge sieges, you just get bullet sponges that tend to stay far apart. Anything that involves scrappers is better to level BMGs.

Mob kills only give you a bonus, but points are based on damage dealt first and foremost. Trying to just steal kills will only lead to one thing: not getting as many points as you would have if you had tried to deal as much DPS as possible. It was the same thing with afflicted sieges too. I didn't score 100k points on those by sniping kills, I just did my best to deal as much damage as possible.

So yes, I'm pretty sure that a significant portion of those who BMG-leech do that because they aren't able to score 20k points on their own. It's not hard to do, but you need to try to understand what's going on around you, and act accordingly. But that's apparently beyond a lot of people.

Yrkul
09-02-2013, 04:38 AM
The whole issue has three facets, all coming from design flaws.

1) Overdoing visual effects. In a third person shooter, effects on the character model will easily interfere with aiming. Solution: Tone it down a notch or two.

2) BMGs are support weapons, but right now everybody with a bit of skill, awareness and syphon weapons don't need that support. Add to that the pursuit and EGO progression tied to levelling up the BMG and you get a lot of people levelling up where it's fast and easy... in your sieges. Solution: Make syphon effects dependent on damage output with diminished return instead of the current flat value. Furthermore, make clearly telegraphed mob special attacks hit harder. This may not solve your problem, but it will make healing a more viable playstyle.

3) Killing blow rewards promote killstealing. Solution: Remove or tone down the killing blow bonus, or make it dependent on how much damage you've dealt. Furthermore, make the assist points dependent on damage dealt as well. (Isn't that how it's done anyway?)

Yrkul
09-02-2013, 04:49 AM
Oh, and since we're both on PC-EU.....

If you see me in my desert camo tech suit with red helmet, you should keep your distance, then. Because that's when I'm in my medic loadout, and I will heal you and ress you and patch you up, and screaming will only make me heal you moar!!!

Tekrunner
09-02-2013, 05:04 AM
3) Killing blow rewards promote killstealing. Solution: Remove or tone down the killing blow bonus, or make it dependent on how much damage you've dealt. Furthermore, make the assist points dependent on damage dealt as well. (Isn't that how it's done anyway?)

Yes, this is already how things work. I've gotten 2300+ point assists on elite visceras before. I don't think regular kills even give that big a bonus. But attack / defence / rescue kills do.

And yes, healing is mostly useless now, but syphon isn't the only reason. BMGs just don't heal fast enough to actually be useful in most situations, and almost all mobs go down fast enough that survivability is much better when everyone is damaging enemies: healing is not needed when all enemies are dead. About the only way you can assist others in a useful manner at a siege is by sludging Volges with an FRC Sludge RL.

ten4
09-02-2013, 05:16 AM
I am going to leave it at this:

BLAME THE GAME, NOT THE PLAYER.

BMG effects obscure screen to much? Not the players fault.

Scoring system is totally whacked? Not the players fault.

You will never force every single person to play how you see is 'optimal'; they will do what they want, use what the game provides, and play in a way that is fun to them.

As to you discounting deathblows, I beg to differ. I have landed DBs on 1% volge many times (over 100 sieges now) and it always gives me a ton of personal points majority of the time. If I dps a mob down to 1% and someone grabs the kill: I always get a patheticly low assist score. That's my experience, take it as you will.

Anyways, please continue with your crusade; anyone who disagrees is clearly wrong so there is no point arguing further.

cu~

Dracian
09-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Glad to see that my weekly rant brought so much hate from BMG leechers... Anyway, I don't care : trolls will never change while smart players will do all the job, as usual.

So here's an advice if you want to use a BMG during Sieges AND be smart : use a VOT Spanner Trapper in attack mode. Prefer one with +1 Link bonus and Reduced Link Time if you really want to be OP.

Side note : it's funny to see how a so-called MMO game is far more enjoyable when you play solo... You know, Skitterlings, EGO Boosts and that kind of things...

crasher
09-02-2013, 06:53 AM
If they wish to use the bmg in that way let them. You do not dictate how they play or what weapon they should use.
I dictated nothing.
I'm withdrawing from the competition.
It's not worth my time to show up and get blinded.
Take down the viscera's with your BMG.

Ssdmiddleman
09-02-2013, 07:43 AM
I think people just do it because it's the easiest way to get 20k points, at least that's what I heard..

Yrkul
09-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Glad to see that my weekly rant brought so much hate from BMG leechers...

BMG leechers... Generalization is such an ugly thing. Did you even read the other posts discussing the problem? Discussion, not rant. Guess where the hate is in this thread.

Anyway, I don't care...

But you do! Otherwise you wouldn't rant weekly over it.

trolls will never change while smart players will do all the job, as usual.

/patback

You assume people heal you because they want to troll you or steal your kills. Some do. Some don't. But try not to bunch them all together and call names. Furthermore, it's naive to think that with all the particle effects flying around, all the shooting and whatnot, that anyone can see your name in tiny letters floating over your head. So what's your rant for, apart from venting your own anger?

vizibledog
09-02-2013, 07:54 AM
I think people just do it because it's the easiest way to get 20k points, at least that's what I heard..

I think that may be a bit of a myth. I have never scored 20k using just my BMG to heal but if I use my trusty Tachmag I can hit 20k no problem.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 07:59 AM

You are making the ennemies stronger while bringing no additionnal DPS, your blue glow is messing with my aim (even more if you use a Spanner Protector), and I don't need to be healed since my Siege's loadout features two Syphon weapons with huge Crit bonuses.

I agree with you but will add that people are going to do what they're going to do. They use them because they want the weapon xp, the healing credit points you now get for sieges, and because when they heal you they get things foes you kill drop.

However, they cause incredible lag and lag people, even themselves out of the game. I think some of the bad effects could be minimized if they were better at using them. Too often they spam them on fully healthy people until they lose power, reload, and spam again. It would be far better if they used them in bursts-heal people that need it for longer bursts, but run around and shoot and stop, shoot and stop. Lag and the blindness you're talking about is due to this constant spray of BMG fire. Since they want to heal you to get your drops, the key is you need to be able to see to kill foes. And it doesn't help to have 5 people BMGing you when you're at full health.

I have people that run after me at arkfalls and sieges in order to BMG me-I'm running away so I can see to shoot and get out of BMG range and they follow after me and BMG me at full HP.

But you're spitting into the wind. At our clan Volge marches, we'd tell people to help limit lag they should walk-no cars allowed, use BMGs only at the events we found for healing people, and only use the detonators to attack enemies. This was because these things lag people out. We voiced our notifications, put it into text chat, and had others relay the message to friends a lot of times.

So, some people drove cars, used BMGs constantly, and kept shooting their detonators as we walked. People won't always do what is the best thing to do.

SlimShady78
09-02-2013, 08:23 AM
Getting the most killi g blows does not infact mean the win. I read a post on healing and points so ttied it out. Even if you are healing ppl with full health you get a tonne of points. So for the win its whoever heals the longest.

divaldo
09-02-2013, 08:31 AM
They can use their bmg as they wish just like if he does not want bmg users near him he has the same right so think of others who do not wish to be bothered by bmgs

vizibledog
09-02-2013, 09:28 AM
They can use their bmg as they wish just like if he does not want bmg users near him he has the same right so think of others who do not wish to be bothered by bmgs

He should stay away from our beams then.

Dracian
09-02-2013, 09:37 AM
BMG leechers... Generalization is such an ugly thing. Did you even read the other posts discussing the problem? Discussion, not rant. Guess where the hate is in this thread.

My dear sir/lady, I have read every single answer in that thread. My point is : Healing with a BMG is useless. The most obvious reason why it's so useless is that, no matter how much you heal, a player caught under a salvo of 5 Elite Troopers shots or targeted by two simultaneous Pink Rains Of Death have 100% chances to crawl on the floor in the next five seconds. And if you don't believe me, just go at Bathhouse Siege and stay on the point located at the south of the siege (where there are large stairs). Do the whole waves 8 and 9 with a BMG. And then we'll talk about the usefulness of healers during Sieges.

About the "BMG Leechers", I agree, it's a generalization and it's a bad thing... After all, some people are simply to stupid to figure out BMG is completely useless during Sieges :)

But you do! Otherwise you wouldn't rant weekly over it.

Believe me, I really don't give a flying eff'. Because I know that at the end of the Siege I'll score more than 20k and I'll be happy to have melt so many Volge's faces. And because no matter how much they have healed, BMG users will still be under 20k.

Save few exceptions, of course. Generalization is such an ugly thing ;)

/patback

You assume people heal you because they want to troll you or steal your kills. Some do. Some don't. But try not to bunch them all together and call names. Furthermore, it's naive to think that with all the particle effects flying around, all the shooting and whatnot, that anyone can see your name in tiny letters floating over your head. So what's your rant for, apart from venting your own anger?

No, I assume people are just too stupid to figure out that healing during a Siege is useless and counter-productive. But I already said that. And I don't care about KS because, as I also already said previously, I know that, if I join the Siege before its half, I'll score more than 20k, no matter what.

And LOL @ Being angry for a video game... #firstworldproblems ?

My rant is just to tell people that they shouldn't use BMG if they want to be sure to go past wave 10 and/or score 20k.

Oh and :

If you see me in my desert camo tech suit with red helmet, you should keep your distance, then. Because that's when I'm in my medic loadout, and I will heal you and ress you and patch you up, and screaming will only make me heal you moar!!!

I guess you never see me doing a /dance in a middle of a Siege. Because that's what I do now if people insist on healing me after I got 20k. After all, those people desperatly need XP points for their BMG mastery, so why not give 'em some ?

Synead
09-02-2013, 09:40 AM
not surprised at all that many of the bmg leechers partisans on this thread are consoles users...

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 09:41 AM
@Dracian,
They aren't useless. A lot of people are not using them to actually heal people (but they do now get heal credit at sieges).

BMGs are used for some specific reasons-it doesn't matter if players end up on the ground, anyway. It's done in order to maximize drops and/or to tag events to get full credit for the event without doing much in it. If it was being done as a public service (some do this), then people would stop spamming them at others who have full health.

If I use them, it's because I may be working on leveling up the thing but I seek out players that need healing. A BMG can help keep them from getting killed.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 09:43 AM
not surprised at all that many of the bmg leechers partisans on this thread are consoles users...

Ok, no need to start that kind of war. BMGs are usable by anyone in the game. Spam use can kill an event for many. The reason it's maybe more talked about related to consoles is likely because consoles seem to be more prone to types of lag that PCs are not.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 09:47 AM
As long as its within the rules I'll use my BMG at any siege I choose and on whomever I wish.

And you are free to, but you are self-defeating. The spamming of a BMG causes lag that can affect you or the person(s) you're aiming it at. If your goal is to get as many drops as you can then you want to keep those people in the game and not inhibit their ability to get kills. Spamming it may lag them out-so they can't get kills and you don't get drops. Also, it makes it hard for them to see so Sieges don't last as long as they could and they can't kill as many foes as they might be able to.

If you burst fire it at people and especially at those that need healing, you extend the length of the siege by keeping more people fighting in it, and you don't blind them so they can kill more foes-more drops for all. And, you are less likely to lag yourself out of the game as well.

Synead
09-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Ok, no need to start that kind of war. BMGs are usable by anyone in the game. Spam use can kill an event for many. The reason it's maybe more talked about related to consoles is likely because consoles seem to be more prone to types of lag that PCs are not.

héhé that's why i'm not surprised :)
(and the fact that aiming with a controller is like driving a truck on a bicycle way, in my mind)

Milar
09-02-2013, 09:53 AM
I play my game my way...you play your game your way. ok then thats settled? :cool:

PseudoCool
09-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Ya know people.. there's this neato thing on your game called "SETTINGS". You can access it via the pie menu, and within it, you can adjust the bloom rate for visuals.. ie how BMG's look ON YOUR SCREEN, and thus not only affect your own sight picture with your gun, but also address a LOT of the lag issues that your seeing. I play on a laptop, and when I moved mine down, my lag damn near vanished, and I no longer see that ghastly blue bmg spam, even when I'm the one using a bmg :)

Oh, and if you want to level up your BMG's.. the best place isn't Siege's.. it's Scrapper Arkfalls.. get a Telespanner with +1 Links and a good synergy (I prefer assassin and stalker myself). Scrappers are almost all FULL POINT HITS with the BMG, and crazy easy to get criticals with. Doing a BMG against Volge is sorta like trying to electrocute your neighbors barking dog with a AAA battery.. no matter how hard you push, or where, it's just not going to work.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 09:54 AM
He should stay away from our beams then.

Yeah that works well with BMG stalkers who run after you because you are the one person they can see after the lag caused by their BMG makes everything else invisible.

I like BMGs and do agree that there is blame to be shared here. The game and the player. The game allows a lot of things-it says "this could be done" but the player decides whether they should do it. Some go for the bottom of the barrel move.

I've had players argue that exploits and even cheating is ok because it's fun. If this is the state of mind for some, then everything else is up for grabs. We just have to expect it and adapt to it. And a small percentage of any game's player population use the forums. It's not realistic to expect this to change unless something more appealing comes along.

herrbishop x
09-02-2013, 09:56 AM
I think everyone should just throw rocks at the volge
While I hit them with my bonfire

Seriously though. Idk what the problem is. Wether I'm
Sniping or hitting them with my SAW (both of which net me over 20k)
Being healed or having the volge bmg spammed never hurt my
Aiming so ill say its you. And once I hit 20k I share the wealth so
Others can get a tier 4 volge box. I don't think getting 40k helps anyone
Except your e-phallis.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Ya know people.. there's this neato thing on your game called "SETTINGS". You can access it via the pie menu, and within it, you can adjust the bloom rate for visuals.. ie how BMG's look ON YOUR SCREEN, and thus not only affect your own sight picture with your gun, but also address a LOT of the lag issues that your seeing. I play on a laptop, and when I moved mine down, my lag damn near vanished, and I no longer see that ghastly blue bmg spam, even when I'm the one using a bmg :)

Oh, and if you want to level up your BMG's.. the best place isn't Siege's.. it's Scrapper Arkfalls.. get a Telespanner with +1 Links and a good synergy (I prefer assassin and stalker myself). Scrappers are almost all FULL POINT HITS with the BMG, and crazy easy to get criticals with. Doing a BMG against Volge is sorta like trying to electrocute your neighbors barking dog with a AAA battery.. no matter how hard you push, or where, it's just not going to work.

Last sentence indicates a partial lack of understanding as to why people use BMGs at Sieges. They aren't using the damage function all the time or not even most of the time. They are using HEAL on players for specific reasons.

There is no bloom rate for visuals on consoles.

PseudoCool
09-02-2013, 10:00 AM

Except your e-phallis.

You leave his e-phallis alone! It's not his fault that it's distorted in such a fashion! It was developed during the days of transistor radios that still used ferrite bars, but it's still workable dagnabbit!

And I have to agree with you.. once I hit 20K, I'm generally helping everyone else out if I can.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 10:01 AM

Except your e-phallis.

Then you are lucky. Have 5 people spamming you constantly with BMGs and it's impossible to see almost anything.

The fact is it happens for a lot of people and it's that constant use by several people.

PseudoCool
09-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Last sentence indicates a partial lack of understanding as to why people use BMGs at Sieges. They aren't using the damage function all the time or not even most of the time. They are using HEAL on players for specific reasons.

There is no bloom rate for visuals on consoles.

I know why people USE them at Sieges.. be it damage or heal, my post still stands as accurate despite your attempt to appear more knowledgeable than others. Perhaps if you actually played with a BMG that was maxed out, you'd understand the different in the heal/damage numbers then with one that had no mods at all.

As for no bloom rate on consoles, well good for them :)

PseudoCool
09-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Then you are lucky. Have 5 people spamming you constantly with BMGs and it's impossible to see almost anything.

Put on sunglasses, end of problem. Sheesh!

herrbishop x
09-02-2013, 10:05 AM
I play on Xbox 360 but I play on a 40 inch tv and my couch is like 10
Feet away from it I also have my settings to 3/4 brightness

Albion
09-02-2013, 10:06 AM
And I have to agree with you.. once I hit 20K, I'm generally helping everyone else out if I can.

I do this - I wish more people would. I use a Spanner Trapper as my backup at sieges and its been very useful. I probably use it only about 20% of the time, maybe less, but it helps. I don't get the scoring system, but it sucks when you wear down an enemy with an entire magazine to almost death, and then while reloading someone else hits the enemy with one bullet from across the map and gets the kill while you get a 300 point assist. It doesn't always do this, I have gotten huge assist points and small kill points, but not all the time.

Vorela
09-02-2013, 10:07 AM
So pulling out my BMG on occasion to help keep everyone up around me when things get a little hairy is now the wrong thing to do? Got it. Trying to be helpful is bad.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Put on sunglasses, end of problem. Sheesh!

This isn't happening to you, so is not an issue for you. I wear my sunglasses at night. It does happen to me, but to the OP, just accept that it is what it is. You can't change the behavior of others. Do what you can to get away from it. If it lags you out and you are on xbox, I can offer some suggestions to help you get back in and get rewards from the siege, or to even get back to it before it ends and not lose anything.

On the PS3, you need to have a friend at least in that phase. On the xbox, just make note of a few people at the siege and do find player when you're back in. Then view gamertag 2-3 times until join session in progress comes up and select that. If it doesn't work, use another name and try. Sometimes, the phase is too full so you can't get back in but it works most of the time.

And if you can't see things, try running away from the BMGer or even asking specific people (nicely) to stop spamming as it's causing too much lag. They probably won't stop, but it's worth a try.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 10:10 AM
So pulling out my BMG on occasion to help keep everyone up around me when things get a little hairy is now the wrong thing to do? Got it. Trying to be helpful is bad.

No, not at all. This is about spamming the BMG, people are using it constantly even on those at full health.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 10:14 AM
I play on Xbox 360 but I play on a 40 inch tv and my couch is like 10
Feet away from it I also have my settings to 3/4 brightness

That may help and individual setting might help minimize this as well but make other things harder to see. I think Trion could help with this by lowering the glowy nature of BMGs somewhat. It's the visual effects of things that cause a lot of the lag.

I know that the TV show Jeopardy used to have this nasty red glowy background on it that would cause a horrible buzzing noise when it was in view. So, it could help if some of this stuff was toned down at least a little.

melkathi
09-02-2013, 10:16 AM

Something has to be done with the killshot/assist points. I seem to quite often end up trying to defend one point on my own. I take downa couple Vs and splash damage will have seriously hurt some - then I go down. Before I manage to self revive, a couple of people finally show up and one gets that final shot on the Volge that killed me. I get 66 points for assisting. I feel like such an idiot at times like that.

herrbishop x
09-02-2013, 10:17 AM
That may help and individual setting might help minimize this as well but make other things harder to see. I think Trion could help with this by lowering the glowy nature of BMGs somewhat. It's the visual effects of things that cause a lot of the lag.

I know that the TV show Jeopardy used to have this nasty red glowy background on it that would cause a horrible buzzing noise when it was in view. So, it could help if some of this stuff was toned down at least a little.

I find the 3/4 brightness (on tv not in game brightness) curbs bright things from being too blinding while also keeping
Dark objects still clearly visible. The only problem I had was arenas where 99ers blended in with backgrounds

melkathi
09-02-2013, 10:23 AM
I wear my sunglasses at night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8

Yrkul
09-02-2013, 11:15 AM
I guess you never see me doing a /dance in a middle of a Siege. Because that's what I do now if people insist on healing me after I got 20k. After all, those people desperatly need XP points for their BMG mastery, so why not give 'em some ?

No worries, mate. I still haven't used my medic loadout during sieges. Once I get bored of just DPSing I might, though.:p

And it's a sir inside that superdeformed GUGES-D.

SSlarg
09-02-2013, 11:24 AM
well, I will not be using mine much longer
about to max out my level finally. as such,
I will be moving on to the next weapon to max out.
;)

EDIT: got to remember unless you grind the levels
BMG's take 800 years to max out (feels like it anyway)
I've been using mine since about the 5th day
and just now about to max out.

J_matt
09-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Well you cant stop people using the BMG, i actually haent ocured much bmg users on sieges and you dont need to use a bmg to get a high score on sieges..

Anytime im at a siege when near start to end im always no1 with a score between 32-35k per siege and thats only using an AR with 250 dmg and 74 clip so whoever said using the bmg is the quickiest way to reach 20k is not right. also easiest way to lvl up the bmg in my opinion is using it on scrapper emergancies

janzig
09-02-2013, 11:55 AM
well, I will not be using mine much longer
about to max out my level finally. as such,
I will be moving on to the next weapon to max out.
;)

EDIT: got to remember unless you grind the levels
BMG's take 800 years to max out (feels like it anyway)
I've been using mine since about the 5th day
and just now about to max out.

Yes, I am guilty of using a BMG during Seiges. There...I said it. Why?

Well, I can top sieges/arkfalls often with my SAW, AR, or Wolfhound load-outs, but the game encourages using all the weapons. Great thing about the weapon system. I started using BMGs and actually liked them.

Problem is BMG damage blows chunks, so most BMG users start playing with healing too. Then I discovered that showing up late to an arkfall with my AR often means I get NO KEYCODES. But showing up and healing means I get my full allotment. Now I carry a BMG as a secondary weapon- just in case the arkfall is about over when I get there.

But this all doesn't hurt/hinder any other players. And I LIKE using the BMG, for both the damage and healing. I realize that the heal amounts won't save anyone under focused fire, but I do like to think I am helping other people out. I'm the guy that ALWAYS stops to rev a downed player- even with my Overcharge arms glowing red.

I have no control over the visuals in the game. They designed it, I play it. If the BMG streams lag you out or blind you, I'm sorry, talk to Trion.

Other than that, I pull out BMGs at sieges every now and then for a change of pace. You can hit 20k without too much trouble just healing, and yes, some people get a shield recharge from the BMG that keeps them up. So I think having one or two BMGers at the siege does help.

I don't spam it on full health players.

Ominuse
09-02-2013, 12:08 PM
I play the Healer (or Tank/Healer hybrid when possible) in dang near every MMO/Coop game I touch, and this is quite possibly the first time I've been relegated to the Naughty Corner for it.. :confused:

crasher
09-02-2013, 12:27 PM
I play the Healer (or Tank/Healer hybrid when possible) in dang near every MMO/Coop game I touch, and this is quite possibly the first time I've been relegated to the Naughty Corner for it.. :confused:
In this case BMG users are being told by the people they profess to 'help' that they're doing more harm than good.

Use the BMG for your own reasons, nobody said you couldn't.

Users were told it didn't 'help'.
Users were asked to cut back.
Nobody said you had to stop, and nobody claimed the authority to try to make you stop.

You want to be a healer and do good, fine.
In this case you're doing harm.
Claiming to be a healer under these circumstances isn't quite true.

As always, play the game your way, but dont claim to be healing when you're harming the people you claim to be helping. Just admit you know you're not helping, and continue to use the BMG.
I didn't tell you to stop.

janzig
09-02-2013, 12:46 PM
In this case BMG users are being told by the people they profess to 'help' that they're doing more harm than good.

Use the BMG for your own reasons, nobody said you couldn't.

Users were told it didn't 'help'.
Users were asked to cut back.
Nobody said you had to stop, and nobody claimed the authority to try to make you stop.

You want to be a healer and do good, fine.
In this case you're doing harm.
Claiming to be a healer under these circumstances isn't quite true.

As always, play the game your way, but dont claim to be healing when you're harming the people you claim to be helping. Just admit you know you're not helping, and continue to use the BMG.
I didn't tell you to stop.

Explain to me again...because I'm slow... how someone using a BMG is a detriment or harmful to you or anyone else? I'm not talking about lag or the visual effects here, as I can see those being annoying, but not harmful.

Seriously, I really want to know what I am missing here.

A s0t
09-02-2013, 01:03 PM
i level up weapons in the sieges. if some dude gets injured yeah ill bust out the bmg and go back to leveling weapons
you know how it should be done

Peavstar
09-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Explain to me again...because I'm slow... how someone using a BMG is a detriment or harmful to you or anyone else? I'm not talking about lag or the visual effects here, as I can see those being annoying, but not harmful.

Your not missing anything lol just another person crying about something else it seems to me. Before you know it NERF the BMG lol. Either way no one has the right to tell anyone how to play there game so do what you want and if someone wants to complain pass them a box of tissues and move along lol

vizibledog
09-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Its funny how BMG's were never a problem till Volge Sieges came along and started showing the points you get for healing. Now all of a sudden BMG's are blinding people and causing massive lag. ;)

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 01:34 PM

Because of the lag and the visual effects. You want someone to point out how they're being harmful by not pointing out the harmful effects.

If I can't see what I'm trying to shoot at and it's a Bomber, your healing touch may not stop him from killing me or I won't be able to see it coming and get out of the way. Or I might get run over by a Viscera and still fall down from it.

And it isn't helping you to spam fully healthy people and lag them out. That does harm to people because they uh lag out and can miss out on getting their 20k or end rewards if they cannot get back into the correct phase. It's not physical harm to the character but harm in other ways.

People spamming BMGs is going to happen but it would be nice if they'd consider looking for people that need healing and not fully healthy people that they can stalk.

Some BMGers are doing it to heal people-as someone said because that's the way they like to play. No one is criticizing anyone (I hope not) for using them like this. But using them on people at full HP isn't healing. Most of the time I can't even see drops for ammo that I need on the ground.

And as I've said, a lot of BMGers know that they get all the same drops as the players they've healed so this is a way to max out their drops. It isn't about healing for all of them. I'm not even saying it should be. It's just that a lot of them tend to try to empty the BMG into everyone, reload and just keep spamming, whether they need it or not.

But people are gonna do what they're gonna do.

What generally happens at Sieges when someone is BMG stalking you, is it lags before you know it. All of a sudden, you can't change weapons, and when you start to get away from the BMG-a long trail of blue follows you. The game goes into slow motion. I've had this happen 3 times now. Friends have been with me so I know when the Siege ends, but for me it's not over when it is for them. I have Viscera floating blue in mid-air. And things very slowly advance forward. It can take as long as 20 minutes after the siege has ended for it to end for me and for me to get the scoreboard and rewards. But my gun won't work and I can't do anything in the phantom siege that is going on.

And at times when the siege advances forward, I can have multiple BMG streams on me from different players, all hitting me at full HP.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Its funny how BMG's were never a problem till Volge Sieges came along and started showing the points you get for healing. Now all of a sudden BMG's are blinding people and causing massive lag. ;)

Actually, they've been a "problem" ever since people figured out they could use them in events (arkfalls and sieges) and get all those loot drops and a lot of BMG xp. BMGs were the one weapon type that could always get some weapon xp at arkfalls even when other weapons could not.

What took awhile was for a lot of players to decide to use them. I have friends and acquaintances that would never use them (one guy scrapped 2 orange ones) until they learned about tagging arkfalls. What happened was more people than "normal" decided they had a use. Prior to that even people that now use them all the time would never touch them. I know that I had noticed early on it was even possible to get keycodes at minor arkfalls by using a BMG (and I told others about this), when it wasn't possible to get them using other weapons.

Using a BMG has certain real advantages but there is a smarter and more helpful way to use them and still get what you want from them.

SlimShady78
09-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Never lagged with the use or someone using bmg. Im on like a 4mb bb atm and unless my ps3 is a super duper extraordinary machine I really dont know where ppl see this "lag".

Also the effects in no way stop or hinder what you could or couldn't do if there was no effect. Maybe annoying for some but doesn't effect killing things.

vizibledog
09-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Never lagged with the use or someone using bmg. Im on like a 4mb bb atm and unless my ps3 is a super duper extraordinary machine I really dont know where ppl see this "lag".

Also the effects in no way stop or hinder what you could or couldn't do if there was no effect. Maybe annoying for some but doesn't effect killing things.

Same here. I've never seen BMG's cause lag.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Same here. I've never seen BMG's cause lag.

Then the two of you are the luckiest people in the game. Or you have not been aware of what caused the lag. I'd say you could try some tests. Get into a large group of people and start walking in the game. Have one person continually spam with a BMG and then watch as person after person starts to go offline in the chat window.

Also, if you are the one using the BMG, you are less likely to be the one lagged out by it. The people getting lagged out are often those you are "healing"-they're the people you want to keep alive and in the game so the siege progresses quickly and so you can get their loot drops when they kill foes.

You may not lag yourself out, sometimes you will. But you will often lag a lot of other people out of the game. Try doing Sieges with an SMG and have a few friends BMG you constantly and see what happens.

I'm not saying posting complaints will change anything but just because you personally haven't had a problem with this doesn't mean you haven't been the reason some people are pissing mad about all the lag in the game and about getting lagged out at arkfalls and sieges.

You can do what you want-it's your game. But how people play can often help decide the lifespan of every game. Camping in CoD has made some MP maps unplayable and made a lot of people rage quit. Lag in this game (some of it from vehicles, some from explosive weapons, some from BMGs, from bad connections or connection speed drops, from console limitations, and from perhaps lack of game optimization) is causing people to leave or at least to rage and maybe then quit.

vizibledog
09-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Actually, they've been a "problem" ever since people figured out they could use them in events (arkfalls and sieges) and get all those loot drops and a lot of BMG xp. BMGs were the one weapon type that could always get some weapon xp at arkfalls even when other weapons could not.

What took awhile was for a lot of players to decide to use them. I have friends and acquaintances that would never use them (one guy scrapped 2 orange ones) until they learned about tagging arkfalls. What happened was more people than "normal" decided they had a use. Prior to that even people that now use them all the time would never touch them. I know that I had noticed early on it was even possible to get keycodes at minor arkfalls by using a BMG (and I told others about this), when it wasn't possible to get them using other weapons.

Using a BMG has certain real advantages but there is a smarter and more helpful way to use them and still get what you want from them.

Ah so it is about the points and the drops rather than the blinding blue light and phantom lag. ;)

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Ah so it is about the points and the drops rather than the blinding blue light and phantom lag. ;)

Ah no. It's about everything altogether. Ha ha. Everyone wants the siege to go on as long as possible and to get the most from them that's possible. It's fun for you if you aren't being lagged out by BMG spammers. But it's counter-productive for everyone.

BMGs do blind players-I said this repeatedly. I've been spammed by as many as 5 players at once when I was at full HP. How is that helpful? I couldn't see anything-including my drops for my ammo to reload and I couldn't shoot at more Volge in order for myself or the spammers to get more loot. It also wasn't adding to their totals at all. You get exactly zero points for healing a person at full HP. And you don't get loot drops from them either nor do you get weapon xp from doing that. You only get those from people you actually heal from those foes they go on to kill.

I'm saying right now that a lot of BMG users are being well stupid because they aren't using their weapons effectively. They could actually use the BMG far less often and get the same results by using them on people that need healing. And by not spamming and lagging out their cash cows. It would make everyone happier at sieges because more of them would go on longer. More people including BMG users might get that 20k mark, especially if some of them used the BMG for damage sometimes.

But again, by all means play it however you want to and live with sieges that get to stage 5 if that and watch as players stop playing because sieges are effed up with all the lag. It's not my concern and it is your game.

vizibledog
09-02-2013, 02:24 PM
BMGs do blind players-I said this repeatedly. I've been spammed by as many as 5 players at once when I was at full HP. How is that helpful? I couldn't see anything-including my drops for my ammo to reload and I couldn't shoot at more Volge in order for myself or the spammers to get more loot.

How did you manage to count there were 5 people BMGing you, when you say "I couldn't see anything-including my drops for my ammo"?

3rdpig
09-02-2013, 02:54 PM
I love these kinds of threads, they all remind me of an NPC in another game who yelled "Mommy, make the bad man stop!".

But some of the graphical effects really do need to be turned down from 10 to about 4. And I've got no problem scoring over 20k at any siege I reach by stage 4 with almost any decent weapon. I keep a Spanner in slot 2 and I use the Preparedness perk. So when I run my main gun dry I switch to the Spanner for 3-5 seconds, heal myself and those around me, then switch back to my now loaded main weapon.

If you don't like it then simply move away.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 03:10 PM
How did you manage to count there were 5 people BMGing you, when you say "I couldn't see anything-including my drops for my ammo"?

As I said I have lagged partly so the game slows way down-when that has happened I can clearly see the BMG streams on me but everything moves very slowly. And at other times it's possible to see who is after you trying to BMG you and maybe is an exaggeration that means more than a couple are pointing their blue streams at me and they do reload sometimes. You're just being argumentative at this point-clearly it is an identifiable problem because most everyone knows it's happening. If you don't care which your posts indicate is so because you want to pick out statements and try to say that means it isn't happening (phantom lag, really?) then it means you just like to cause problems and don't care to see past your own nose. Fine, but own up to it as others have.

BMGs cause a lot of lag. If they don't for you, then that's all that matters right? I was trying to tell you and others that you are actually working against yourselves by not trying to use them more effectively. If you don't care then fine play as mediocre as you want to.

Except in other threads you're complaining about server stability and want to ignore that spamming BMGs causes lag.

Indra Echo
09-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I love these kinds of threads, they all remind me of an NPC in another game who yelled "Mommy, make the bad man stop!".

But some of the graphical effects really do need to be turned down from 10 to about 4. And I've got no problem scoring over 20k at any siege I reach by stage 4 with almost any decent weapon. I keep a Spanner in slot 2 and I use the Preparedness perk. So when I run my main gun dry I switch to the Spanner for 3-5 seconds, heal myself and those around me, then switch back to my now loaded main weapon.

If you don't like it then simply move away.

Exactly. It's fine using whatever you have to use and even to say "I'll use it however I darn well please" but people need to admit that and that they don't care what it does to others or even if they lag themselves out and then stop complaining about lag, vacant servers, or that they can't get past stage 10 or any great Volge caches at sieges.

I can live with it but others are having real problems with it and getting angry about being lagged out. I sincerely doubt people will be happy if the devs see this is happening and then decide to nerf the heal abilities of the BMGs but that's generally what seems to happen. We alter our behavior or it becomes so bad it's done for us. They're looking at the causes of lag and trying to alleviate such things-I'd hate to see BMGs nerfed. I mean that.

ten4
09-02-2013, 03:49 PM
And you are free to, but you are self-defeating. The spamming of a BMG causes lag that can affect you or the person(s) you're aiming it at. If your goal is to get as many drops as you can then you want to keep those people in the game and not inhibit their ability to get kills. Spamming it may lag them out-so they can't get kills and you don't get drops. Also, it makes it hard for them to see so Sieges don't last as long as they could and they can't kill as many foes as they might be able to.

If you burst fire it at people and especially at those that need healing, you extend the length of the siege by keeping more people fighting in it, and you don't blind them so they can kill more foes-more drops for all. And, you are less likely to lag yourself out of the game as well.

What kind of piece of crap system are you using where a BMG causes 'lag'? Is this on a console or you running it on a 486? BMG don't cause me no lag, not even with 20+ players using them. If you are on PC and getting lag from em, I suggest upgrading past a typewriter. And if this in on console, well EXPECT terrible performance from those outdated things.

W/e. Soooo much anger in this thread, time to do nothing but heal now at arkfalls and sieges just to annoy some you. Cu soon!

four
09-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Only problem I have at sieges is when I'm first there, waiting for more people to show, and some bum comes along by himself and starts it. Then he barely gets 14k while I do everything basically alone to scramble for 25k because he couldn't wait 5-10 minutes for more players.

ten4
09-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Only problem I have at sieges is when I'm first there, waiting for more people to show, and some bum comes along by himself and starts it. Then he barely gets 14k while I do everything basically alone to scramble for 25k because he couldn't wait 5-10 minutes for more players.

Yea, this THIS THIS.

Seiges failing to get higher than 10 aint all to do with BMG users like the haters are telling us they do. No, main reason is; first guy get's there and sets it off instead of waiting for at least 10 ppl to be there. But no, onwards with the crusade of BMG hate.

TEY TOOK MAI JERB!

four
09-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Yea, this THIS THIS.

Seiges failing to get higher than 10 aint all to do with BMG users like the haters are telling us they do. No, main reason is, first guy get's there and sets it off instead of waiting for at least 10 ppl to be there. But, no, onwards with the crusade of BMG hate.

TEY TOOK MAI JERB!

lmao south park ftw!! Dey took err jerbs! Haha

but yeah, EVERY time I put it out in chat too not to start but no they feel like Rambo and wanna do it alone... Lol really? Are you that dumb? You know there's like 20 volge in round 4 right? Ok BYEHAVEAGOODTIME

ten4
09-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Has nothing to do with Rambo and everything to do with personal score. More Volge you solo or kill with limited numbers around = more personal points. If there is zerg there, getting points is damn hard hence people get there first and start it immedietly for a leg up in points. Again, the scoring system is whacked and is NOT the players fault period. But let's just blame BMG users instead of Trion.

four
09-02-2013, 04:28 PM
Yeah except he barely got 14k lol. Honestly the more players there, the more points you can get because you're able to shoot more than 4 rounds of volge. (although maybe a really good player can do it alone, but I died 3 times in round 4 against about 10 troopers and a couple bombers) my score aft the end was only 21 or 22k making it to round 5 because nobody else showed up in time to help

ten4
09-02-2013, 04:30 PM
I am sorry you had to play with a baddy, truly I am. And 6-10 players can get to round 9, done it before a few times now.

Yewa
09-02-2013, 05:00 PM
I don't have a problem with the bmg visuals, maybe because I have bloom turned off.
I used bmg on sieges when I was leveling it for the pursuit, didn't know people get so mad about it, I thought the official troll weapon was the rebounder cannon. It's sad to see that the support role is being disencouraged because of design flaws, maybe if they make an Uber Charge mechanic like the one in team fortress 2 people will want to have a bmg user sticking around :p.

Heinzlee
09-02-2013, 06:26 PM

That is an awesome idea!!

fang1192
09-02-2013, 06:48 PM

The reason sieges fail is because everyone zergs to every point, not realizing the volges split pretty well through the several nodes. Hell, if i was the only one there I'd probably get farther than if i had a ragtag group of 5 or 6. My last siege, I more than doubled the second place score - I had 35K. The next best? 14.5K. It was in Kinship - while everyone was holding the parking garage, I, by myself, was holding the single building just south of the garage. The center node opened up, where the hostages would be, nobody flinched let alone move.

melkathi
09-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Hehe. I was alone at the parking garage last time round :) But around round 8 I couldn't hold it anymore on my own.

I usually wait to see where the zerg is gathering and drive to one of the other points. What the zerg hive mind does not understand is that we are all losing score when we don't hold all locations. Instead of clearing one location then recapturing the others for the measly 100 capture points, they should try to keep that 10% bonus every point gives.

Heinzlee
09-02-2013, 07:03 PM
There is a right and wrong beyond how the game is made.

Dracian, and a few others have complained about an action you are performing in the game that negatively impacts his game experience. Saying it's okay because the game design allows or even encourages it is just being selfish.

There's nothing in the game that disallows ********** in PvP but it's a universally offensivve behaviour.
So I guess that's perfectly fine too since the game design allows it.

Lets extrapolate the game design arguement...

Defiance was orginally designed with weapon damage stats kept on client machines - allowing anyone with a hex editor to 'massage' the damage values for their weapons. They designed that vulnerability right there - it's like asking anyone with low morals to tamper with the values.

So don't use game design as a crutch.
You just lack personal responsibility for your actions.

Or just admit you acknowledge that it's harming other players and you don't care.

SICK_VENDETTA
09-02-2013, 08:27 PM
if you cant beat um...

Rasczak
09-02-2013, 08:32 PM

A majority of any game's players do not even visit the forums, so you are talking to a minority here. It would be better to put it into chat in the game.

Oh, wait . . . never mind. That won't help in this game.

Yeah, you're screwed.

four
09-02-2013, 09:14 PM
The reason sieges fail is because everyone zergs to every point, not realizing the volges split pretty well through the several nodes. Hell, if i was the only one there I'd probably get farther than if i had a ragtag group of 5 or 6. My last siege, I more than doubled the second place score - I had 35K. The next best? 14.5K. It was in Kinship - while everyone was holding the parking garage, I, by myself, was holding the single building just south of the garage. The center node opened up, where the hostages would be, nobody flinched let alone move.

oh I know trust me lol just joined a siege got there with 6 or 7 minutes and still climbed my way up to the top 5, prolly about 20-25 people so not bad. But you're right they all just stuck together like glue its ridiculous, I cleared a point and went over to find all the rest of them trying to take out 4-5 enemies still. Lol such fail...

I can hold one point on my own like you, but an entire siege? Forget it, was forced to try with two people and round 4 there is a drop of about 5-10 volge troopers at one point and a couple bombers. NOT a good time hahah

vizibledog
09-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Then the two of you are the luckiest people in the game. Or you have not been aware of what caused the lag. I'd say you could try some tests. Get into a large group of people and start walking in the game. Have one person continually spam with a BMG and then watch as person after person starts to go offline in the chat window.

Ok, we managed to try this last night with 17 people and guess what? There was no lag. Nobody went offline. It must be your connection ;)

melkathi
09-03-2013, 01:03 AM
if you cant beat um...

Find a forum to complain about them? :P

A s0t
09-03-2013, 01:05 AM
Find a forum to complain about them? :Pcomplain in the spam bot posts, you can get it off your chest

melkathi
09-03-2013, 01:06 AM
complain in the spam bot posts, you can get it off your chest

This forum seems to be a magnet for spam-bots :( They are out in force again today.

Chump Norris
09-03-2013, 01:10 AM
This thread makes me want to use double stingrays at all Arkfalls and Sieges. The game gives them a bonus if the person they heal kills an enemy (in sieges) so these BMG users are playing the game the right way.

Im not sure how it is on PC but on PS3 the SF sieges are pretty much empty try playing those.

Durva360
09-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Funny how people attacked me calling me a bmg user/kill leecher. I used them one time and barely even hit level 3. I would rather rather stick with my vbi smg and trsuty wolfhound. Cant see how my boyfriend even survived getting them to ten without the 25% skill boost.

SlimShady78
09-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Are the lag issues that everyone is complaining about on pc? I have 2 xboxs (my kids) one is the old model and I have game on ps3. I hqve plqhed alot on xbox both of them and ps3 and I hqbe never saw lag like normal where things move slow.

I do get somtimes where I goto places and nothing appears for a few min. Even been trapped in containers once it renders. So on both consoles 3 different ones there is a few tim3s where the game needs to "catch up" . But never saw the lag thats discussed where things move slow and never once stuttered ecause too much is happening on screen.

As I say atm I am on a crqppy 4mb bb max line speed. Even when im on 100mb connection there is the same problems but no slow jumpy lag.

Zugo
09-03-2013, 12:37 PM
BEWARE WORLD

Zugo is leveling the BMG skill for the achievement, and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Skullsuku
09-03-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm w/t you, y does it seem that they do it at night so u r blind and can't shoot at anything. I also think that it causes glitches since I have to reboot a lot when they r around. I play the game by skill, not by cheap tricks, where is the fun when u use super weapons. Like the people that buy 1 shot guns, in doing this u r not playing u r just there. Y play when u can't loose or die, I think that this is y the game gets more boring for these people.

cusman
09-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Not even sure what the problem is. I do know that BMGs aren't really needed in the Sieges. They don't heal fast enough if you are getting pummeled and they don't do squat in the damage department. The only disappointment I have when someone is using BMGs is that we have someone not doing as well as they could to help advance the siege levels faster.

The highest scoring person I know for sieges got highest score around 75k points while I got around 30k. We both use Pulsers (SMGs) as the main weapon and then a long range weapon. He uses the Disruptor and I use a Semi-Auto Sniper. The Disruptor clearly works better, but I prefer the Semi-Auto.

Arsenic_Touch
09-03-2013, 02:09 PM
You really can't blame people for faulty mechanics. If they change how scoring works, based on damage done and not kill shots and award less points for healing, then you'd see less BMG spam. But as it stands, when there are a lot of people around, without a BMG people are going to struggle to get the 20k score for the best reward.

Krazy Karen
09-03-2013, 02:16 PM

Me too!

SOmetimes I like healing :( so im gonna heal!!!

Ridiculousss
09-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Another butthurt thread

If you cant take the heat, get out the kitchen, like a thread with you complaining is going to make hundreds of people change the way they play to satisfy you.

Cant handle it, dont play multiplayer. One of the perks is having TO DEAL WIH IT

Indra Echo
09-03-2013, 02:25 PM
You really can't blame people for faulty mechanics. If they change how scoring works, based on damage done and not kill shots and award less points for healing, then you'd see less BMG spam. But as it stands, when there are a lot of people around, without a BMG people are going to struggle to get the 20k score for the best reward.

It helps to know what I mean by spamming-I'm sure you know but just so we're on the same page. It's people just shooting them randomly at anyone and everyone and shooting until the thing is at 0%. They don't quit and use them blindly.

Actually BMGs don't help all that much to get to that 20k score. And, it isn't so much complaining about people using accepted, but faulty mechanics-it's about people using them rather well stupidly IMO.

Here's an example. I get to the outside of an arkfall, still on my ATV and someone is spamming me already with a BMG. I get off the ATV and run the other way, away from the arkfall and the person is still spamming me, chasing me with it. I was trying to get away, so I would not be lagged out with all the vehicles around and I didn't need healing. Not a siege, but same principle.

At a Siege, at the end of a stage where everyone is trying to find the last Volge standing and others are running around to pick up their loot and are at full health, people are chasing after them spamming BMGs. What sense is there in that?

The reason people are spamming them is not to heal people necessarily-so they are not getting heal points. If they're shooting the thing at people with full HP (duh, you can see they're at full health by the bars over their heads), they also are not getting any weapon XP. And they are actually helping to shorten the life of the Siege because they are lagging people out or making it hard for them to pick up the stuff on the ground which also helps to lag people out. And that means they won't get the drops those people would earn them from their kills. They're not using them effectively or smartly.

I'd have no problem with them if they were healing people, but half the time they're not even anywhere near where the Volge are. So, they aren't even working on getting damage points. The other thing that could happen is that with more and more people complaining about this, they'll make the devs change how BMGs work, so that again is not helping them and their BMG love.

They're doing it because they heard that it helps them to maximize drops for the most part.

There are some people using them effectively and that makes sense-healing or doing damage and all that, but it's this random spamming just because there's a group of people that is really ridiculous. And it's a very common thing right now.

Indra Echo
09-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Me too!

SOmetimes I like healing :( so im gonna heal!!!

It's not about that but this is another case where people are working against their own best interests. They're "healing" fully healthy players a lot of the time, so all they're doing is lagging people out, shortening sieges, and not even getting any points or helping anyone by doing it. It's actually pretty stupid use of the things.

As I've said this won't change their behavior-people will do what they'll do but they aren't winning at sieges by doing this. And they don't get drops from foes killed by people they shoot the BMG at that are at full health. They don't get healing points, don't get weapon xp, and just lag people out, or when too many are going off at once, they make it hard for people to see what they're trying to do. They won't change but some people really don't realize that BMGs cause any problems so it might help somewhat to point these things out.

Arsenic_Touch
09-03-2013, 02:34 PM
Actually BMGs don't help all that much to get to that 20k score. And, it isn't so much complaining about people using accepted, but faulty mechanics-it's about people using them rather well stupidly IMO.

Actually, they do. The mechanics are faulty because you get more points for a healing assist than you do for actually shooting the target until it dies if someone else gets the killing shot. And the way the BMG works, if you heal for a few seconds, you get about 2-5 seconds of when someone else gets a kill or assist, you'll get credit. There's a reason why people go around spamming on random people or following groups, because the mechanics are bad and they know it. You may not like it, but it's Trion's fault for designing sieges that way. As for the lag? that's the ups of playing on an inferior system.

Zugo
09-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Here's an example. I get to the outside of an arkfall, still on my ATV and someone is spamming me already with a BMG. I get off the ATV and run the other way, away from the arkfall and the person is still spamming me, chasing me with it. I was trying to get away, so I would not be lagged out with all the vehicles around and I didn't need healing. Not a siege, but same principle.

If you run, I must pursue you. Like a Cheetah chases a gazelle across the Serengeti plains of Africa.
Try slowly walking away so as not to awaken the inner predatory insticts. :p

vizibledog
09-03-2013, 03:12 PM
As I said I have lagged partly so the game slows way down-when that has happened I can clearly see the BMG streams on me

How do you know which streams are incoming and which streams could be links?

Also you keep moaning about BMG's targeting full health people. Maybe your being hit from a link from someone who has depleted shields in your vicinity?

Indra Echo
09-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Actually, they do. The mechanics are faulty because you get more points for a healing assist than you do for actually shooting the target until it dies if someone else gets the killing shot. And the way the BMG works, if you heal for a few seconds, you get about 2-5 seconds of when someone else gets a kill or assist, you'll get credit. There's a reason why people go around spamming on random people or following groups, because the mechanics are bad and they know it. You may not like it, but it's Trion's fault for designing sieges that way. As for the lag? that's the ups of playing on an inferior system.
The point is you have to be healing for that to work-I am always having people spam me at full health. I have a 75% HP regen shield, often use syphon but just generally am not being healed.

And you don't get credit for the stuff I do unless I'm actually still in the game or unless you are actually healing me. That's the point I'm making about spamming-people are not using them to actually heal others much of the time. They are randomly shooting them and hoping they'll hit someone who needs healing. But even if they hit me for healing by continuously shooting me with it they're being counter-productive. They are blinding me for the few seconds so I won't be able to get them their credit as well as my own. If they'd actually use them near where the Volge are instead of hoping someone they hit with one will do something, they'd get more from each blast.

I used to go around at arkfalls and use them exclusively even when other weapons were not getting xp-it's how I found out you could get keycodes at minors even when no one else could. And that you could get the loot drops but they're of no use on people that are not injured.

The same goes for tagging arkfalls. If you go and don't actually heal someone who needs it then forget about getting the rewards.

I'm not complaining about broken mechanics per se (except lag caused by extreme effects is a broken mechanic AND the misuse of certain items at times), I am stating that people are not using BMGs in the most effective way that would even maximize their rewards. Very few sieges last longer than stage 10--some are not making it past stage 5 and anything that ruins the chance of longer sieges ruins it for everyone.

Sanguinesun
09-03-2013, 03:14 PM
How do you know which streams are incoming and which streams could be links?

Also you keep moaning about BMG's targeting full health people. Maybe your being hit from a link from someone who has depleted shields in your vicinity?

No. They just crossed the streams.

Arsenic_Touch
09-03-2013, 03:17 PM
The point is you have to be healing for that to work-I am always having people spam me at full health. I have a 75% HP regen shield, often use syphon but just generally am not being healed.

No you don't. Healing someone at full health will still award heal assists. I learned this the first day of the siege.

vizibledog
09-03-2013, 03:18 PM
No. They just crossed the streams.

Lol whatever you do, don't cross the streams :D

fang1192
09-03-2013, 04:25 PM
This thread makes me want to use double stingrays at all Arkfalls and Sieges. The game gives them a bonus if the person they heal kills an enemy (in sieges) so these BMG users are playing the game the right way.

Im not sure how it is on PC but on PS3 the SF sieges are pretty much empty try playing those.

Living up to your name. I want to see you complete a siege where EVERYONE is healing then, since you know, its the right way to play.

TrickDempsey
09-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Oh, the BMG. It is such an odd bird.

So, there are a few distinct issues being discussed here:

Contribution

The invisible, insipid contribution system which governs rewards in arkfalls and other events drives players to use sub-optimal strategies with the BMG. We are changing that contribution system to make it both visible and more consistent with the playstyle of the game. Sadly, this contribution update will take some time to go public, as it requires a significant update to the UI. Current contribution is weighted towards healing, reviving, and crits which causes serious problems when coupled with our weapon balance. We are shifting the preponderance of rewards towards teamwork and defeating enemies. (Currently, this is greatly undervalued.)

BMG balance/effects; Weapon balance in general

We’re doing a major pass on weapon balance as we speak. Certain weapons, like the VBI Assault Rifles and the FRC SAW, perform really well and are the measure of effective weaponry. We are going to keep those the same, but bring the underperforming weapons up to meet them. (Rocket launchers, semi-auto sniper rifles, and magnums are the key weak weapons in this balancing.)

The BMG is also getting looked at, and reducing the size of its visual effects is certainly on the table. (Particularly the protector effect.) As a tool in the ark hunter arsenal, the BMG currently encourages some sub-optimal play. It’s a bad damage dealer, and its healing is difficult to use strategically. So, lots of people are using it to earn credit for heal assists rather than actually concentrating on protecting allies or debuffing enemies.

It’s going to be a little longer before BMGs really shine like they should, but you won’t be disappointed by the effect.

Score balance in sieges

Here’s a good way to visualize the primary scoring technique of sieges. Each enemy is a big bag of points. Every time you damage an enemy, a portion of that bag is marked as belonging to you. When the enemy dies, the points are dealt out to all the players which damaged it. Additionally, the player who got the killing blow gets a bonus of 10% of the enemy’s total value. We have an update in the pipe to make this “killing blow” bonus a little smarter, to compensate for timing differences across multiple clients.

We DO want you killing enemies. We DO NOT want people to feel cheated out of their killing blows.

Additionally, healers get a portion of the points the players they are healing get. However, these points are essentially duplicated from healed players rather than stolen. Healing is not a zero-sum game; healing always adds to the total points in an equation.

Cavadus
09-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Wh00t, SASR love!

Please increase the ammo pool, Trick. I actually think everything else about SASRs is pretty good. Maybe increase the RoF a bit as well but that's all I can think of. They're my favorite weapons but they also turn me into a turret since I can never wander too far away from an ammo box.

This makes them difficult to use in a few sieges and arkfalls, most notably the Bath House siege in SF.

Yrkul
09-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Snip

Thanks for the heads-up. Please consider making some of the BMG stats a little more transparent as well. Seeing the energy bank expressed as an amount of points instead of a percentage would help us get a better feel of what mods, type and bonus rolls do to the weapon's performance.

Maitreakow
09-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Oh, the BMG. It is such an odd bird.

So, there are a few distinct issues being discussed here:

Contribution

The invisible, insipid contribution system which governs rewards in arkfalls and other events drives players to use sub-optimal strategies with the BMG. We are changing that contribution system to make it both visible and more consistent with the playstyle of the game. Sadly, this contribution update will take some time to go public, as it requires a significant update to the UI. Current contribution is weighted towards healing, reviving, and crits which causes serious problems when coupled with our weapon balance. We are shifting the preponderance of rewards towards teamwork and defeating enemies. (Currently, this is greatly undervalued.)
*snip*

Glad to hear this, it is kinda sad that I have to lug a BMG to an AF and find someone to heal for about 10 seconds just to guarantee I will get max keycodes; but after coming in 1st at multiple AFs and not getting max keycodes I will continue to do so until you announce the aforementioned change has been placed into effect.

melkathi
09-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Score balance in sieges

Somehow that doesn't seem to match the reality as I experience it. My experience is that for assist I ge the 10% bonus the killshot should have gotten, but the killshot gets the whole bag of points :)

Indra Echo
09-04-2013, 02:06 PM
No you don't. Healing someone at full health will still award heal assists. I learned this the first day of the siege.

Ok then one of our games is bugged. I did some testing on this because I believe you know what you're talking about. I did Volge Sieges and a Dark Matter arkfall.

I apologize to anyone affected by this-but I did not spam the thing so I could fully control who I was hitting with the heal effect-I didn't want to hit anyone that actually needed healing. That's counter to my way of playing but I did do it so as not to cause problems.

I healed only people at full HP. At sieges I got zero healing assist points. The only time I got any drops or points was from two times when I used the BMG to do damage to Volges and someone killed them. Or when standing by a turret doing nothing-I got 360 points for a turret kill.

At the arkfall. It was a minor just to be sure. I got 98 points because I accidentally healed someone who needed it. I only got drops from him (once) and from the round change bonus drops that fall by the ark core. This was one of those ones where you get rid of wave after wave.

The BMG healing healthy people under-performed every weapon out there by a large margin. It did not get me a lot of drops, didn't get me any healing assist points, and didn't help me get a good score in any way. Perhaps what some are seeing is a misunderstanding.

I can test this some more but the key tends to be that you must heal injured people as well as do some damage to really get anything at these events. And just to be clear, I didn't get any keycodes doing this either. Oh and I got a very tiny amount of weapon xp as well-from the healing of the one injured guy and the damage to 2 Volge-about 586 points.

Evolution
09-04-2013, 03:13 PM
Certain weapons, like the VBI Assault Rifles and the FRC SAW, perform really well and are the measure of effective weaponry. We are going to keep those the same, but bring the underperforming weapons up to meet them.

That is the greatest thing I have heard from your team EVER.

Thank you.

You made me smile. ;)

Cavadus
09-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I have to agree with Indra Echo on this one. I have a few guildmates who love playing combat medic and they'll readily roll a BMG as their primary weapon at sieges.

I typically score substantially higher than they do using either the Frontier Semi-automatic Sniper Rifle or the EMC Service Rifle off of the VBI faction vendor.

They're not rolling in points just because they're spamming a BMG. It's a lot easier to get points with a high-DPS weapon and Overcharge. And aiming well.

crasher
09-04-2013, 03:38 PM
I have to agree with Indra Echo on this one. I have a few guildmates who love playing combat medic and they'll readily roll a BMG as their primary weapon at sieges.

I typically score substantially higher than they do using either the Frontier Semi-automatic Sniper Rifle or the EMC Service Rifle off of the VBI faction vendor.

They're not rolling in points just because they're spamming a BMG. It's a lot easier to get points with a high-DPS weapon and Overcharge. And aiming well.

Personal opinion here, but I think a lot of people don't level weapon skills, or take the weapon skill grind seriously, and never actually learn how to shoot well on the run, making snap shots, and holding on target.

It's a skill. The drudgery of repetition not only makes you better at hand/eye coordination, but the game engine considers it 'paying dues', and as you put in the time to get better, the game rewards you by making shots easier to hit at higher weapon skills than at lower. You make more kills with experience than you would have at lower experience. The grind has it's own reward in that way.

Cavadus
09-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Personal opinion here, but I think a lot of people don't level weapon skills, or take the weapon skill grind seriously, and never actually learn how to shoot well on the run, making snap shots, and holding on target.

It's a skill. The drudgery of repetition not only makes you better at hand/eye coordination, but the game engine considers it 'paying dues', and as you put in the time to get better, the game rewards you by making shots easier to hit at higher weapon skills than at lower. You make more kills with experience than you would have at lower experience. The grind has it's own reward in that way.

Yeah, my Frontier SASR does something like 864 damage per shot, 2.5x crit multi, and the RoF at SASR 20 is pretty good (I get 2-3 shots out per second, so averaged out that's 150 rounds per minute).

With 25 rounds per mag I can chew up a regular Visecera's entire shields and almost half of it's health with Overcharge popped. That's 1,123.2 damage per shot. Crit on the head is 2,808. That's 70,200 damage from a single magazine assuming all shots land on the head which is really easy with Visceras.

If I setup shop next to an ammo point and have good fields of fire I can break 35k without a sweat.

SydSynister
09-04-2013, 07:14 PM

This is how I am. Every co-op map I'm in, I'm the one sort of in the back with the BMG, making sure my teammates stay alive. It's a big part of how I play.
I've been doing a mix of shooting/healing/reviving players at the sieges, and I love it because I'm finally rewarded for that, instead of just doing it to level my BMG.

Indra Echo
09-04-2013, 10:29 PM
This is how I am. Every co-op map I'm in, I'm the one sort of in the back with the BMG, making sure my teammates stay alive. It's a big part of how I play.
I've been doing a mix of shooting/healing/reviving players at the sieges, and I love it because I'm finally rewarded for that, instead of just doing it to level my BMG.

And perfectly valid at any event. No problem at all with that. I used to use my BMG religiously for those reasons.

The main thing I'm pointing out here is that people are not using them like that, not being effective with them. They are running behind people at full health and using heal mode until the BMG runs out. My best example was the one where I was just arriving at an arkfall, still on my ATV. Someone runs over to heal me. Ok not smart. I had to drive away to get away from him/her.

The reason this becomes an issue is because it lags people out and spamming constantly does make it hard to see anything, especially if more than one person does it.

I tried this out earlier and I don't get any weapon xp, drops, or heal points or credit for healing a fully healthy person.

I do however get a lot from healing them effectively and doing damage. I did three arkfalls doing this and not spamming it. I got a lot of scrip, loot (had to keep breaking things down), salvage, points, full keycodes, weapon xp, and came in 4th at a major arkfall, 3rd at a minor, and further down at a major I got to late, still placed on the leaderboard (think it was 7th place) even though I actually died a few times. This from using my BMG and looking for people that needed to be healed-and doing damage to foes.

In healing healthy people at sieges and arkfalls, I accidentally hit healthy people a couple times and damaged a couple Volge-most weapon xp I got was about 590. At one arkfall I got zeroes across the board--with very few drops. I changed to a tele-spanner for one to make sure I was hitting only healthy people, spammed it as much as I dared (because I didn't want to lag people out), and I got nothing for doing that.

When I healed people, I ended up getting somewhere I think near 60k weapon xp.

If people would use them like you do, in a more effective way they will do a lot better at events with them and they will minimize the chances of lagging anyone out.

August Barkley
09-05-2013, 01:04 PM
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6355/a6vu.jpg

BMG + Green Ego Boost VS Exposed Motivator: 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, 3...?!!

chilipino
09-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Score balance in sieges

Here’s a good way to visualize the primary scoring technique of sieges. Each enemy is a big bag of points. Every time you damage an enemy, a portion of that bag is marked as belonging to you. When the enemy dies, the points are dealt out to all the players which damaged it. Additionally, the player who got the killing blow gets a bonus of 10% of the enemy’s total value. We have an update in the pipe to make this “killing blow” bonus a little smarter, to compensate for timing differences across multiple clients.

Can your team double-check/test that part of the code again, please? I routinely do sieges with my clan mates while on Teamspeak. We've encountered numerous times when a clan member gets the last couple of hits on a target (that they haven't been shooting at) and receives over 1000 points. It's a bit problematic as I tend to be on auto-pilot and snap-aim to any target nearby... but lately I have been making sure to pick targets that aren't being fired on by a team mate (I don't want to end up stealing the kill points and I want as many to get to 20K as possible). What would be great is if the whole "kill shot" bonus was removed entirely and the points upon a target's death get distributed based on % of damage done for each player that's damaged the target. This would also bring about a feeling of camaraderie to all those in the siege. Right now it feels like everyone's just DPS'ing for that kill shot (or "sniping" them with detonators...).

Bonehead
09-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Can your team double-check/test that part of the code again, please? I routinely do sieges with my clan mates while on Teamspeak. We've encountered numerous times when a clan member gets the last couple of hits on a target (that they haven't been shooting at) and receives over 1000 points. It's a bit problematic as I tend to be on auto-pilot and snap-aim to any target nearby... but lately I have been making sure to pick targets that aren't being fired on by a team mate (I don't want to end up stealing the kill points and I want as many to get to 20K as possible). What would be great is if the whole "kill shot" bonus was removed entirely and the points upon a target's death get distributed based on % of damage done for each player that's damaged the target. This would also bring about a feeling of camaraderie to all those in the siege. Right now it feels like everyone's just DPS'ing for that kill shot (or "sniping" them with detonators...).

I think there are lots of things not working as intended in this game.

chilipino
09-05-2013, 03:56 PM
I think there are lots of things not working as intended in this game.

Absolutely. Just trying to point stuff out in a constructive, good-mannered way.

Tekrunner
09-06-2013, 12:48 AM
What would be great is if the whole "kill shot" bonus was removed entirely and the points upon a target's death get distributed based on % of damage done for each player that's damaged the target. This would also bring about a feeling of camaraderie to all those in the siege. Right now it feels like everyone's just DPS'ing for that kill shot (or "sniping" them with detonators...).

I agree with this. Kill shot bonuses are a source of frustration at sieges (not necessarily for me as I don't have trouble getting 20k+ points, and don't really care about what happens after that; but I know it annoys others). I can understand why they exist in PvP, but at sieges I don't think they make a lot of sense. Why should the person dealing the killing blow get a bonus? Isn't every person's contribution to the kill just as important?

Same with attack / defense bonuses. I'm not sure I understand why they exist. Volges are attacking cap points no matter what, right? So why do I get a bonus for killing one just because he's close to one? On some waves it's actually more effective to defend cap points by staying a little far from them. And if the team doesn't defend correctly it's going to be penalized anyway, through the loss of the bonus from holding points.

Jellobiafra
09-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Little word on BMG's in PvP...something weird is going on right now...only happens in PvP and not PvE. Way too often, and this seems to have started around the DLC release, you connect to a target and do zero damage. Turning it on yourself also won't heal. Only way to fix this is to switch to the backup weapon, and then back again. Unfortunately, when this happens you are mid fight and switching weapons, doing no damage, means almost certain death. BMG's are bugged at the moment...hope someone looks at this.

soria
09-12-2013, 06:28 PM
i think the people who use bmgs miss the point of sieges,a round ends when a certain amount of damage is dealt therfore they are not helping the rounds advance also you dont actually have to blue everthing for the whole siege a quick pulse and then switch weapons seems to work and you get the best of both.

Sauria
09-12-2013, 08:03 PM
During seiges I am too busy trying to shoot and not get shot to be able to see who is who. I don't know how some people can keep track of that. I just try to help out when and where I can. I do not like the type of weapon the first person listed anyway. And to be honest I am not worried about whether or not I get the 'Kill shot"
Yeah leveling up and getting good points is great but I play the game for casual enjoyment. So if any of you out there who can keep track of who is who in the game and you see me (same user name) then feel free to play along side and add me to your list. I just like stress free game play for the fun of it.

Indra Echo
09-12-2013, 09:50 PM
During seiges I am too busy trying to shoot and not get shot to be able to see who is who. I don't know how some people can keep track of that. I just try to help out when and where I can. I do not like the type of weapon the first person listed anyway. And to be honest I am not worried about whether or not I get the 'Kill shot"
Yeah leveling up and getting good points is great but I play the game for casual enjoyment. So if any of you out there who can keep track of who is who in the game and you see me (same user name) then feel free to play along side and add me to your list. I just like stress free game play for the fun of it.

I agree with this-the problem for me is that the lag created by others often just makes the game unplayable. I can't change what anyone does so it's unrealistic to attempt to, but some who don't know that they're actually not helping when spamming the things might play differently.

Some people do care about points-some don't. Unless I'm going for a pursuit or maybe to see if I can get a good reward, I don't really care either. But I want the siege to advance as far as possible because that's the challenge that most seem to go for too.

Spam use of heal on healthy people achieves nothing. It would be far better to use the damage function. And my best example of the kind of lunacy that goes on is at the last siege I played. I was down on the ground needing to be revived and a guy with a BMG was pointing it at me and "healing" as if he was doing something but wouldn't revive me. I extracted.

Sauria
09-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Has anyone else experienced the press E for self heal not working at certain times?
I have also accidentally ran my quad runner off the road and into one of those agave mutated looking plants and got so stuck I could not even move or get off of the atv. (And no I do not drive like that in real life. LOL)
Exited the game wasn't even an option as it locked all controls. Finally just had to shut down the pc to get out.

Wizx13
09-23-2013, 05:22 AM
If they don't want people BMG'n in sieges why do they have the heal assist score factoring into the personal score? If you take out healing as part of the score problem is solved.

PseudoCool
09-23-2013, 05:26 AM
Frankly.. I think the kill shot bonus is a far bigger issue than people trying to keep me alive at a siege when there's only 2 of us defending a point at stage 9.. just sayin!

crasher
09-23-2013, 06:49 AM
If they don't want people BMG'n in sieges why do they have the heal assist score factoring into the personal score? If you take out healing as part of the score problem is solved.
I could just as easily say they don't want you rezzing anyone because there's no category for that. :)

SydSynister
09-23-2013, 07:54 AM
I'm one of those stinky BMG healers.

I guess I'm wrong here, but I've always felt like it was easier to heal people getting their rears stomped by Viscera than it was to go revive them with a herd of Viscera blurring around,or wait for them to extract and come back to the point... I thought it kept the siege moving.

Although, for what it's worth, I really only do it at the later stages and only when there's not very many people.
The rest of the time I'm shooting.

Zugo
09-23-2013, 08:08 AM
I'm one of those stinky BMG healers.

I guess I'm wrong here, but I've always felt like it was easier to heal people getting their rears stomped by Viscera than it was to go revive them with a herd of Viscera blurring around,or wait for them to extract and come back to the point... I thought it kept the siege moving.

Although, for what it's worth, I really only do it at the later stages and only when there's not very many people.
The rest of the time I'm shooting.

Some people here are considering themselves "PRO" Defiance players, but since there's no way to figure out who is who in game just go ahead with whatever suits you. Asking other people to change their play style is unrealistic at best.

KylieDog
09-23-2013, 08:19 AM
BMG users who turn up to regular DM arkfall are worse. I can easily solo a DM arkfall, but when people turn up and don't bring some real damage or pull their weight I end up getting overwhelmed by increased numbers of enemies and buffed up health they all have.

Oh, and those people who sit on the far edge of DM arkfalls and snipe...useless.

Wizx13
09-23-2013, 11:40 AM
I could just as easily say they don't want you rezzing anyone because there's no category for that. :)

If there was a score for extraction I would be #1 :)

Atticus Batman
09-23-2013, 02:49 PM
BMG users who turn up to regular DM arkfall are worse. I can easily solo a DM arkfall, but when people turn up and don't bring some real damage or pull their weight I end up getting overwhelmed by increased numbers of enemies and buffed up health they all have.

Oh, and those people who sit on the far edge of DM arkfalls and snipe...useless.

Says you, but those of us that are good at sniping fast can get into the top 5 just sniping when we actually bother focusing on the useless score.

Personally, I play for fun, KNOW the score is USELESS, like sniping and could care less if OTHERS are too score hungry, to realize us snipers are all that are keeping you from getting taken down from behind since we keep head shoting those enemies behind you and saving your arse.

Wizx13
09-23-2013, 03:03 PM
For me DM arkfalls and Volge sieges are fast weapon skill lvls for BMG heal side, I use the kill side in scrapper and hell bug arkfalls. Even using it all the time its still a VERY slow lvl.

crasher
09-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Says you, but those of us that are good at sniping fast can get into the top 5 just sniping when we actually bother focusing on the useless score.

Personally, I play for fun, KNOW the score is USELESS, like sniping and could care less if OTHERS are too score hungry, to realize us snipers are all that are keeping you from getting taken down from behind since we keep head shoting those enemies behind you and saving your arse.
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that happens around ppl that is completely missed because the situational awareness one can maintain is so abbreviated.

And sniping with sniper's cache only repays 2-for-1 on a kill, so you can expend a lot of ammo for little return when it takes so many to whittle a Volge down.

I'd like to see the 'You were rezzed by: XXX' info as a system msg at events as a start. '"Your arse was saved by XXX sniping behind you' is a little tougher to implement, but I'm sure a lot of people would be surprised how often something like that does happen.

Atticus Batman
09-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that happens around ppl that is completely missed because the situational awareness one can maintain is so abbreviated.

And sniping with sniper's cache only repays 2-for-1 on a kill, so you can expend a lot of ammo for little return when it takes so many to whittle a Volge down.

I'd like to see the 'You were rezzed by: XXX' info as a system msg at events as a start. '"Your arse was saved by XXX sniping behind you' is a little tougher to implement, but I'm sure a lot of people would be surprised how often something like that does happen.

Agreed. My major point is, yes the Bmg visual is VERY annoying. But Healers and those "lurking" snipers ARE and ALWAYS WILL be more helpful than anyone EVER wants to acknowledge.

If that healer, didn't heal you as your scren turned red, you WOULD have died and then you'd have to hope you have a selfie left or somebody sees your pitiful but dragging across the ground and picks you up.

If that "useless" sniper wasn't on the border wtaching the action, that GROUP of enemies headed your direction shooting your back, would have killed you, but instead they ALL 4 lost their heads to that same "USELESS" sniper who just saved your back.

Sorry people, but we ALL play a role, and most of us are good at it. It's not OUR faults you can't realize it, or refuse to admit it.

GG4 Life
09-23-2013, 05:02 PM
I was sniping well on perimeter of a miner ark and saw someone crawling around I blured to the field and picked him up...20+ were present at the arkfall and didn't help
and too few bow (crouch repeatedly) in thanks for saving them

snipers/medics are hero support and with out them RAMBO wont be able to lay the beat down if hes on the floor

Mess7739
09-23-2013, 06:59 PM
My sentiments exactly. The chat is too messed up to coordinate any focus of strength/fire and rarely does anyone accept my group invite or play in a group during the events so most players wing Arkfalls "solo" or stay silent in Co-Op maps and attribute the victory to everyone gunning things down. If it wasn't for players redirecting enemy fire with grenades and tactically retreating or performing rear guard duty and managing enemy concentrations with sniper fire or healing those large groups during DM Arkfalls when the Mono attacks using Artillery then thats a longer Arkfall or a lost one. I would love to see added bonus points for personal scores or even event medallians for those of us who can see the bigger picture and flow of battle, for rescue kills, revives, and etc.