PDA

View Full Version : Still no pvp?!? F'ing really? FIX THE QUE'S!!!

Lakkiada
09-02-2013, 11:06 AM
C'mon Trion for the love of god, COLLAPSE THE PVP QUE CHOICE!!!

Your players are screaming for it. It's very simple really. There arent enough ppl online at any given time to fill the different que choices.

For example... yesterday I logged in and sat in a military que for 45 min with 17/23 players and no match. So I decided to check the other ques as well. Guess what? EVERY QUE FOR PVP had between 10-15 players. All waiting. This is just ridiculous from a design and logic perspective. There is no reason why players should have the choice to deliberate between matches, WHEN THERE AREN'T ANY...

IT SHOULD BE: PVP ---> Shadow War OR All other combined (random select)= DONE. FIXED. YAY.

If there were 10k players waiting for a pvp match.. the current system would be fine, but the fact of the matter is, there are usually just a handful of pvpers on at once... so this shtako doesn't even make sense.

FIX THE PVP NOT the FU***** "lag" in the single player arena.. really? This is the issue they address in the patch?!

Laughable if not very sad
:mad::(:mad::(

Lakkiada
09-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Check out this post of WONDERFUL suggestions by Notturno-- originally posted in my other pvp thread...
These are Great ideas.. MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT WE HAVE SEEN FROM TRION!!!

"It really only needs a couple of simple changes and guidelines for future development. In the short term:

Change: Single, unified PvP queue - no separate queuing for match types, no separate queuing for shadow wars. You either queue up to PvP or you don't. Having all of these willing players split between match types does nothing to facilitate more matches played throughout the day.

Change: Infection textures need to not block aim. Just reduce their size, that's it.

Remove: Scopes that increase reliance on, and potency of, less-skilled weapons. I have no idea who thought we needed range extensions for BMGs and Infectors, but we do not.

Remove: Two-point shadow war matches. It just gives the edge to the leading team, and forces the losing team to throw themselves at the defending winners.

Remove: The amount of Volge emergencies. They interrupt the shadow wars everyone is forced to play for PvP, which feels more like a PvE affair nowadays.

Long term:

Guideline: Weapon design. There's far too many weapons that do not require any semblance of aim, and they are too effective when considering this. Infectors and BMGs in particular are huge offenders.

Change: Matchmaking. It needs to factor in player rating of some form to better balance teams. There are far too many stomps in matches because the better players get matched on the same team.

Change: Waterfront needs to last longer. Change the win conditions to 50 points rather than 25.

There really isn't that much that needs to change to make PvP players happy, it's actually rather simple. The problem is Trion seems completely unwilling to speak with PvP players, considering not a single member of the team has posted in the PvP forums in months."

-Notturno

melkathi
09-02-2013, 11:19 AM
I spend 3 hours queued for Freight Yard on Saturday evening (EU PC), only checking every now and then to see how Military Academy was doing (which had nobody in the queue). In the end I gave up. You'd think Saturday would be prime time for getting an echelon daily done...
So yes, consolidate the queues but at the same time, consolidate the Echelon contracts.

Ominuse
09-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Thats the beauty of oppinions, everybody's got one, I personally think unified ques would make the
already tedious prospect of Echelon Contracts an all day affair.

melkathi
09-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Thats the beauty of oppinions, everybody's got one, I personally think unified ques would make the

Or they'd make them impossible if the one you need never happened. That's why they'd need to consolidate the Echelon Contracts so they could be completed regardless of map.
Though at the moment, with only one Freight Yard happening for me on PC EU in the 24 hours for the contract, it was impossible to get the contract anyway.

Classymadman
09-02-2013, 02:16 PM
C'mon Trion for the love of god, COLLAPSE THE PVP QUE CHOICE!!!

Your players are screaming for it. It's very simple really. There arent enough ppl online at any given time to fill the different que choices.

For example... yesterday I logged in and sat in a military que for 45 min with 17/23 players and no match. So I decided to check the other ques as well. Guess what? EVERY QUE FOR PVP had between 10-15 players. All waiting. This is just ridiculous from a design and logic perspective. There is no reason why players should have the choice to deliberate between matches, WHEN THERE AREN'T ANY...

IT SHOULD BE: PVP ---> Shadow War OR All other combined (random select)= DONE. FIXED. YAY.

If there were 10k players waiting for a pvp match.. the current system would be fine, but the fact of the matter is, there are usually just a handful of pvpers on at once... so this shtako doesn't even make sense.

FIX THE PVP NOT the FU***** "lag" in the single player arena.. really? This is the issue they address in the patch?!

Laughable if not very sad
:mad::(:mad::(

I give this piece of crap six months at best before its a friggin ghost town, there are so many better games than this turd. If they want to keep players or even make money, which I am not even sure they care about anymore... This game has to drastically change or it will die screaming.

Jmeach
09-04-2013, 03:13 AM

^^Like^^

I definitely agree with the OP. I still haven't even done the new map because the times I play are not generally peak hours. Sad.

Wizx13
09-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Fix the aim bots so we can pvp...

Conneri
09-04-2013, 06:07 AM
Being Labor Day weekend, the queues were longer than normal. However, last night I had my daily contract done in under an hour.

Tyger
09-04-2013, 06:24 AM
If they address the lag issue of a PvE aspect, a PvPer complains. If they fixed a PvP issue, the PvEer complains. Pretty much the only truth worth accepting in this entire thread, Lakk. Take it for what it's worth. In the old days kids like you would get the family battle-wagon turned around and sent back home over all your incessant whining. Maybe if you learned to voice your complaints in a rational form instead of droppin' pejoratives and heavy handed "or else" comments, you'd see your agenda gain some type of traction past the 'QQ' phase.

Notturno
09-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Fix the aim bots so we can pvp...

I really don't like what you're trying to imply.

I am comfortable saying I don't think there's any cheating occurring on PC-NA anymore. I participate in PvP nearly every day, yet there's nobody I feel uncomfortable facing. Are there people who kill me? Absolutely, and I have no shame in admitting there are people who can have my number in some matches. However, there's nobody I've faced who I feel has any inhuman reflexes. Everything I've faced (except the damage absorption issue, which I believe is a bug) is explainable through perk setups and item rolls.

I'm not the best player on PC-NA, but hopefully this lets you know people can excel at this game without cheating. Here's four videos from my stream - excuse the random voices, those are from my community lobby on TeamSpeak.
Shadow War - 22-1-8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zR_C003VHI)
Shadow War - 25-0-3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM9YbZHzl1o)
Shadow War - 34-1-6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpr5MKEJIy0)
Shadow War - 42-1-7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k50-1ApZuRs)

Obviously these are "best of" matches in terms of KDA. These are also later evening matches when most of the heavy hitters were not online. Realistically, I have matches where I die a little more often that that. Either way, this hopefully dispels some of the myth of "cheating" at higher levels of play.

No downloaded skills here.

Anthalus
09-04-2013, 07:27 AM
No single queue please ffs! I need capture and hold matches for pursuits and until I finish those I do not want to continually be thrown into DM or SW matches. Yes something needs doing about queue and also about the abysmally slow gain of Echelon Rep but forcing players to play maps they don't want to will just mean you get a load of players leaving the map when they find out its waterfront AGAIN! A cool down on Shadow Wars matches would help, just make it 30 mins after one finishes till the next can start, you can either do other maps or trawl some arkfalls till the timer resets.

Wizx13
09-04-2013, 03:00 PM
I really don't like what you're trying to imply.

I am comfortable saying I don't think there's any cheating occurring on PC-NA anymore. I participate in PvP nearly every day, yet there's nobody I feel uncomfortable facing. Are there people who kill me? Absolutely, and I have no shame in admitting there are people who can have my number in some matches. However, there's nobody I've faced who I feel has any inhuman reflexes. Everything I've faced (except the damage absorption issue, which I believe is a bug) is explainable through perk setups and item rolls.

I'm not the best player on PC-NA, but hopefully this lets you know people can excel at this game without cheating. Here's four videos from my stream - excuse the random voices, those are from my community lobby on TeamSpeak.
Shadow War - 22-1-8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zR_C003VHI)
Shadow War - 25-0-3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM9YbZHzl1o)
Shadow War - 34-1-6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hpr5MKEJIy0)
Shadow War - 42-1-7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k50-1ApZuRs)

Obviously these are "best of" matches in terms of KDA. These are also later evening matches when most of the heavy hitters were not online. Realistically, I have matches where I die a little more often that that. Either way, this hopefully dispels some of the myth of "cheating" at higher levels of play.

No downloaded skills here.

Just thought it was wierd that before the patch the 100 aimbot threads was up, after the patch its the 100 fix pvp ques ect ect.

I my self couldn't pvp out a wet paper bag :)