PDA

View Full Version : Bad endgame Design, both annoying and frustrating!

krondin
09-02-2013, 05:29 PM
I prefer to give POSITIVE comments and suggestions, not complaints. I am very frustrated now with my characters current state in the game. Allow me to explain...

Here's where i am atm:

4950 Ego

103/105 pursuits, which should be 104/105 < 15 ego shorted >
6/7 Volge pursuit not completing < 5 ego shorted >

If i had those i would still only be at 4970 ego...

Current weapon/driving skills:
Ar/Smg/Lmg : 20/20/20
Shotguns Com/Pump/Sawed: 20/6/15
Snipers Bolt/Semi 20/20
Pistols 20
Rocket Launchers 8
Detonators 6
Infectors 20
BMG 10

Driving skills: 20/20/20

So to get the 50 points i need < assuming i don't get credit for pursuit problems 1) Volge pursuit not completing and 2) 15 clanmate doing shadow war/major arkfalls not completing, Loss of 20 ego points > I can only get them from Weapons. The only Pursuit i haven't completed is Dueling, which is only 5 points.

My choices are 1) stop playing at all or 2) work on weapons I don't like to use. This is my reward for playing the game thus far in character progression? Really? Major Design Flaw here. Its just Sad .....

If i had a lot more pursuits to try to go do, it would be ok! If i got continued exp for all my roadside events killing < beyond the weapon advancement as i am not going volge hunting with a BMG > Then it would be ok, but it isn't ok ....... at all ......

I am seldom this frustrated in any game i play or have played. I don't believe i should have to lvl More weapons. I've leveled enough of them to 20 and enough of the others where it shouldn't have been a problems to max out ego. I've played since Alpha testing and fully supported the game. Now i am unable to continue AND have fun. I like to log in and play daily but now i feel that is lost, i guess i will get to 5000 by waiting for more pursuits to open up and complete those, or wait till DLC 2 comes out with those pursuits. Or maybe this is the end for me, the loss of my desire to play daily is exactly why i quit playing WoW , and a few other games. I've been gaming since before they were on computers!

Enough of me complaining, I just wanted to express my view to those who might read it. I hope this issue, which is why i think a lot of other people have already quit defiance can be fixed in the not so distant future, I believe the new CEO is getting thing moving in better directions for Trion and I believe Defiance by years end will be a lot more fun to play.

That being said, Thank You if you read this far and I wish you the Best in your travels in Gaming!

Gravi7y
09-02-2013, 05:42 PM
lol you have no idea how little time you have to put in at this point.

Go to big stone reach(by your self) and do this with your detonators and rockets:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?44635-Kill-5000-enemies-that-were-also-damaged-by-another-player-NA-grinder-needed

put on deadly cascade get 6 levels with rockets and 7 with detonators.

you should be done in about three hours.

Heinzlee
09-02-2013, 05:52 PM
The clanmates one for Arkfall and Shadow wars... if you actually did do it, but just didn't get credit, you can try raising a ticket. They fixed it up for me after raising a ticket. I provided the account of another clan member that was with me and did get the pursuit so they could easily verify it.

The same with the Volge one. People in CORE have been able to get that pursuit completed by contacting live support.

Lastly.. what's the best way to level Cerberus?

dbcameron
09-02-2013, 07:18 PM
This seems to be a sticking point with a lot of people, ego level is not your traditional leveling system. It's not about level so much as a way to show how much of the game you have mastered. If you don't want to level weapons then you're not going to get it, and there's nothing wrong with that. Ego level 4950 is something to be proud of, something most people playing the game won't achieve.

The same goes with people complaining about PvP being tied into ego levels, it's a part of the game and if you want 5000 you're going to have to do it. Personally I love systems like this. It reminds me of trying to get General on Warhawk for the PS3. I made it half way and I am extremely proud of that, because it made me a better playing striving to achieve flight awards, because in the beginning I was a terrible pilot. Now I'm not half bad. Same thing with the leveling system here I used to despise shot guns and PvP, now I'm not half bad (even if I'm far from the greatest.)

It should be hard to achieve or it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

Calysia
09-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Lastly.. what's the best way to level Cerberus?

Best...and only...is PvP.

Anderson
09-02-2013, 07:27 PM
EGO stops giving much benefit at all long before 5000, so it doesn't really matter how high your EGO rating is except for bragging rights.

nathanpbutler
09-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Best...and only...is PvP.

And, y'know, Explosions 101. The vast majority of my initial leveling of the Cerberus was in that co-op map. The trick is to remember that it is apparently mostly based on damage, rather than driving distance and such. If you actually stop and mow enemies down with the Cerberus itself the couple of times it shows up in Explosions 101, it isn't too tough, particularly if you are able to keep the Cerberus from the "terrible sailors" area to use in the large area right before the hulker room.

x3kingsheat136x
09-02-2013, 09:57 PM
So once you get all skill points you can't get anymore levels trough exp

krondin
09-02-2013, 11:28 PM

Go to big stone reach(by your self) and do this with your detonators and rockets:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?44635-Kill-5000-enemies-that-were-also-damaged-by-another-player-NA-grinder-needed

3 things :

1) Thanks for Replying
2) This was nerfed in the last big patch
3) How little time i have put in? Really? I've played tons and tons of time without using exploits or hacks to get where i am. Played since alpha testing. So Don't even try to tell me i haven't put in my time, I've earned everything i got!

Notturno
09-02-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm at 4,300-something at the time of this post, and I put in pretty minimal effort to gain EGO rating. It's really not that hard to grind out EGO if you really want it - obviously you do not want it.

The fact of the matter is that EGO means next to nothing in this game. Once you get to EGO 1,000 (should still be 4,000 in my opinion), you unlock all of the perk slots. At this point, you gain very little from EGO rating... the only tangible benefit I can think of is you gain minor amounts of shield capacity as you increase in EGO. Essentially, EGO is just a status symbol showcasing how much content you have completed.

If you want to achieve 5,000+ EGO, then you need to complete the game to earn that bragging right. If you are unwilling to do so, then that is your choice - you gain nothing for being 5,000 EGO (except bragging rights?) and lose nothing by falling short of it.

Pyth
09-02-2013, 11:40 PM
Just end game?

Gravi7y
09-03-2013, 12:46 AM
how little time you have to put in

How little time i have put in

fail 10/char

A s0t
09-03-2013, 12:51 AM

that was nerfed; get a friend and do sutro tower

Indra Echo
09-03-2013, 06:01 AM

Big Stone Reach has been "fixed" and doesn't work like it used to. Oops, already said. Yep Sutro tower or even Headfirst Crater.

inox2980
09-03-2013, 11:11 AM
Totally agree with previous posters.

I leveled Detonator (RL next) at Head First Crater by:

Placing Grounder Pounder Mines in a group near the crashed ship in the center
Driving in a circle to aggro all the Hell Bugs
Projecting a Decoy image into the crashed ship over the mine field
Wait
Profit with a nice explosion of Hellbug guts.