PDA

View Full Version : Patching issues

Desertmaverick
04-01-2013, 07:00 PM
So after learning several hours ago that the servers were online, i have tried to patch the game. Each time i get close to finishing, the patcher goes awry and i have to start over again. The one time i got it done, it looped previous patch until i got patch error please try again. Honestly i have never seen a patcher in this day and age that has to start over when you are forced to close it or it fails. This is an utter failure of a patching job.

Smauzt
04-01-2013, 07:01 PM
In the history of MMO's there has never been a clean official launch (And EU havent even reached the launch yet).

Problems on launches is expected!

Regards, Smauzt.

Desertmaverick
04-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Trust me i have been through plenty of mmo launches especially big ones, however each one had a patcher that at least saved progress when it was cancelled. This one simply forces a restart everytime, and with the sheer amount of people trying to patch you would figure they would have thought of this. My friend got in earlier because he had no problems patching, but those of us who seem to get these issues it's beyond frustrating and only causes more problems because people get stuck looping the patcher.

Edit: Not only that, now the patcher is acting up, starts out super fast, speed slows down rapidly, then resets back to 0 with the speed ramped up.

Zioralsa
04-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Well... I liked seeing that I was downloading at almost 200MB/s Then watched it slow down all the way to 0, telling me the game would take 255 days to download. I am now a sad panda.

Smauzt
04-01-2013, 07:26 PM
I guess you both are unlucky :( Hope it works out

Zioralsa
04-01-2013, 07:28 PM
I think is just happening randomly. It's working again now, and had picked up from where it had originally errored from. I'm going to take a nap anyway. (And by that I mean lay down and try to sleep knowing I have a new game waiting for me soon :/ )