04-01-2013, 07:21 PM
works for me

Link not working for me.

BleakPanther
04-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Works for me as well.

Myst
04-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Worked for me the score was 9.5/10 in case anyone was wondering.

jazzking2001
04-01-2013, 07:53 PM
1 hr or so left until i can get my hands on it

Pasha
04-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Review of first 10 minutes in the game? Must be really useful and interesting.

I wouldn't give 9.5/10 to a game without ammo in major arkfalls.

Nervusbreakdown
04-01-2013, 07:58 PM
I like to know how are they able to review a game were we all know the server wont be open till tomorrow?

Olcsonn
04-01-2013, 08:02 PM
It worked that time. Damn web ninja!

Gohlar
04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
9.5 is a ridiculous score. This game seems good from what I've played, but not that good...

Ah I see the OP is the hack who wrote the review, no wonder.

USCM Wolf
04-01-2013, 08:09 PM
lol So, now sites dont even have to play games before reviewing them?

Myst
04-01-2013, 08:09 PM
If anything the scores I predict to see will be 7 to 7.5s

Also come across? You wrote it Jazz o.O

jazzking2001
04-01-2013, 08:19 PM
yes i did write it

If anything the scores I predict to see will be 7 to 7.5s

Also come across? You wrote it Jazz o.O

jazzking2001
04-01-2013, 08:20 PM
um
READ THE REVIEW FIRST
before you randomly start bad mouthing someone

lol So, now sites dont even have to play games before reviewing them?

USCM Wolf
04-01-2013, 08:25 PM
um
READ THE REVIEW FIRST
before you randomly start bad mouthing someoneWhy would I even read a "review" when it would be impossible to have played enough to give said review. You werent even upfront about writing the "review" yourself. Saying you came across it. I will go read this "review" now though.

jazzking2001
04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
i edited intro to say "here is a review i wrote for Defiance"

Why would I even read a "review" when it would be impossible to have played enough to give said review. You werent even upfront about writing the "review" yourself. Saying you came across it. I will go read this "review" now though.

USCM Wolf
04-01-2013, 08:35 PM
After reading my intial response still stands. You basically wrote a preview or general impression you got from playing the beta or alpha. Not a review.

jazzking2001
04-01-2013, 08:37 PM
lets just agree to disagree

After reading my intial response still stands. You basically wrote a preview or general impression you got from playing the beta or alpha. Not a review.

Angeleus09
04-01-2013, 09:23 PM
I think it is really awesome that you took the time to actually sit down and write that out, OP. It shows great enthusiasm for the title and I can see the potential for you to write some solid reviews some day. What you wrote here can't fairly be considered a review, more like an impression and I'll tell you why: You didn't cover all of the key elements of the game necessary for someone to understand the gameplay.

You covered a bit about the world lore, the TV show tie in, character creation, a mention of graphics, travel, the EGO and power grid, and you finished up by quoting someone else's coverage. I'm not trying to be mean, but if you want to continue writing reviews (and you should) you need to make a checklist of everything that needs to be covered to make sure you don't leave out things like:

The combat system - if people have never heard of Defiance or seen any videos how would they know it is a third person shooter as opposed to a typical tab-select MMO? How does the gameplay compare to other third person shooters?

PvP - you didn't mention it at all, not a word about if it was even in the game let alone what modes there were, which ones you tried and how they felt to you in terms of map design and balance.

Defiance vs. traditional MMO progression - you mentioned that in Defiance you didn't choose a set class like other MMOs but you didn't talk about what the EGO rating was, how it worked and how it replaced a traditional leveling system.

The loot system - people probably want to know how it works and what they can expect in terms of group play vs. solo play, is there epic loot like in other MMOs will they have to grind instances and dungeons to get a specific set etc.

Co-op instances and dungeons - people want to know what kind of group missions they can look forward to. Are they tough, how many of them are there and do they require good teamwork and communication or can you just waltz through them.

Pursuits, races, hidden collectibles - these are things that encourage players to explore the map and get to know the world. Completing pursuits is one of the best ways to increase your EGO level and the collectible data recorders are worth a mention as they really add to the lore of the game world.

The cash shop - this is a pretty hot topic for this game and for the genre in general. People want to know what is and isn't available, what the prices are and if it seems like it is there for convenience or if it looks like it is selling players who pay a distinct advantage.

Then you need general info like how do the quests feel, are there many of them? Are they easy to find and track or are they difficult and obnoxious? How big does the world feel and the map look? How was the story as a stand alone entity? Were the characters engaging and memorable or were they hollow and forgettable? Does the game feel fleshed out enough to stand on its own or does it feel like it only a piece of the package that was rushed out to encourage you to watch the TV show?

Like I said OP I think it's great that you're motivated to write down your thoughts and share them and you should continue to work on reviews, but considering how much of the game went unmentioned in your link, you need to either edit it or call it an impression instead.

Mkilbride
04-01-2013, 09:27 PM
I'd give the review a 5/10

Fail troll.

Dixa
04-01-2013, 09:51 PM
here is a review i wrote for Defiance

http://www.neocrisis.com/video-games/84-games-d/9735-defiance-pc-360-ps3

how can you review an mmorpg without playing through at least 80% of it?

you could learn a thing or two from the rags

Mkilbride
04-01-2013, 09:54 PM
My issue with the review is...

He praises features that every MMO has had for the last decade. Like...they've never been done before. He acts like it's amazing and revolutionary, every thing feature. It's odd.