PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is the chat not working ?

CptBadger
09-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Like the title says, what is up with the chat ?

Whenever I type something, I don't see it in the chat window unless I press ENTER.
Whenever I type something like "hello ?" or "anybody there ?" there is simply no reply.

What is going on ?

P.S Playing on PC.

Wraieth
09-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Like the title says, what is up with the chat ?

Whenever I type something, I don't see it in the chat window unless I press ENTER.
Whenever I type something like "hello ?" or "anybody there ?" there is simply no reply.

What is going on ?

P.S Playing on PC.

Sadly it is working as intended. They took an already bad chat system and made it 10 times worse. And didn't even give a reason as to why.

Like a lot of others have said its like they want people to be as non social as possible in game. Or they are actively trying to kill their own game.

CptBadger
09-03-2013, 08:03 PM
So, can other people see what I'm typing without pressing enter to bring up the chat ?

Wraieth
09-03-2013, 08:05 PM
So, can other people see what I'm typing without pressing enter to bring up the chat ?

no in most cases they cant now.

CptBadger
09-03-2013, 08:17 PM
If that is indeed the case then all I can say is /facepalm.

Any official comments on that Trion ?

Ray186
09-03-2013, 09:26 PM
No wonder players don't respond to me anymore. Thanks for clearing this up.

Rasczak
09-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, my son, who is still attending Full Sail as a programming student, looked at this new chat that a Trion dev developed and literally chuckled as he shook his head.

His only statement was: did the guy who coded that even attend school for it?

That pretty much sealed the deal for me. I play MMOs to play with others, or at least socialize with others while playing. Barely a possibility in Defiance, which means there's little reason for me to log in (I can get the same social experience from any offline game), and therefore absolutely no reason for me to ever spend money in the cash shop.

Which, in the end, means money being spent on other games and other studios.