PDA

View Full Version : The new fun game to play on Defiance

Nefarious
09-03-2013, 10:15 PM
So Ive done this and now Im seeing it. I got the idea from someone saying in Zone chat "Im somewhere between Mount Tam and Madera. 1st person to find me gets a Legendary item for free!!!" Needless to say the hunt to find this person was on by many. But to no avail, its like finding a needle in a haystack.

So fed up and annoyed I said Im going to do this right. I found my spot and announced to the coordinates of where I stood and sent a zone msg saying the first person to get to me gets a free Legendary with a 15 min time limit. My spot was on top of Mt Tam, gave a tip to start from the Crater since the other side has invisible walls. It was fun seeing the purple dots getting so close but not being able to push up the steep hills. There is only 2 ways I know of up to get to the top ridge. One guy named Blazer made it with 2 minutes left and earned the Legendary.

And today I saw a zone msg of 'whoever gets to so & so coordinates gets 10k.' Needless to say I knew how this works since I am the de facto creator of it ;) I was there in a flash. Easiest 10k ever which took me 60 seconds to get to. Not so good, but the idea is out there and its fun.

So if you have the means, find a spot, put something lucrative up, and announce coordinates with a Time Limit. The idea is to have enough time depending on how hard the spot is to get to.

A s0t
09-03-2013, 11:35 PM
game on 643,106 you have 8 minutes
*void if im not in your shard

Merilee
09-04-2013, 08:31 AM
I've done this with my clan. A race from one point on the map to another with no fast traveling allowed. Once they get to the designated area, they still have to find me and punch me in the face to win. I'ts quite fun!

Leummas
09-04-2013, 08:42 AM
That's great. Make me want to hunt for some impossible place to hide and play this game. :D

Zugo
09-04-2013, 09:09 AM
I managed something like this in a different game. It was a scavenger hunt, where you would find a player who would give you a clue to the next place you needed to visit. We had 6 areas that needed to be visited and successfully de-coded in order to figure out the final destination.

The prize can be as large as the management team wants to invest. Sony actually added in some nice loot for the one we put on.

N3gativeCr33p
09-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Defiance based hide-and-go seek? Thanks, but no thanks... think I would rather watch paint dry.

Krazy Karen
09-04-2013, 10:01 AM
I started this!!

I swearrrrrr

I offerd 15k to the first person to find me at overpass, and one did!! I was in the bushes :p

Nefarious
09-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Defiance based hide-and-go seek? Thanks, but no thanks... think I would rather watch paint dry.

Its not hide and go seek. Its a cross country race with no start location for participants. You are not even lvl 2000 yet so Im willing to say you still have a lot of stuff for you to play with and do.

When you reach 4000+ and pretty much have all the guns you want and so much scrip you don't know what to do with then I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up doing this to. Using your scrip to have others entertain you.

Hell Im starting to make ppl fight each other for scrip now.

N3gativeCr33p
09-04-2013, 12:10 PM
You are not even lvl 2000 yet so Im willing to say you still have a lot of stuff for you to play with and do.

And maybe if the game wasn't in such a buggy state of existence, that would be a different story. I give you credit though... you're thinking outside the box, which is more than some people do.

;)

richmanrush
09-04-2013, 02:36 PM
I've tried changing in game settings but I have honestly not seen one (or heard on Mic) one person at all. Ever. Been playing since the beta. Not one message or voice. I disabled duel requests but I somehow get these once in a while.

Could Xbox privacy settings override the game settings?

Merilee
09-04-2013, 04:52 PM
I've tried changing in game settings but I have honestly not seen one (or heard on Mic) one person at all. Ever. Been playing since the beta. Not one message or voice. I disabled duel requests but I somehow get these once in a while.

Could Xbox privacy settings override the game settings?

Maybe you have chat muted in the settings. Cause lately there's a lot more chatter than normal.

N3gativeCr33p
09-05-2013, 07:14 AM
I disabled duel requests but I somehow get these once in a while.

Yeah, I have noticed this as well... just another bug to add to the long list of bugs, I guess.

MagellanD
09-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Im so going to do this if I decide to give away all my loot.
Don't leave it up to trion to make compelling content...make it yourself!!

Nefarious
09-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Im so going to do this if I decide to give away all my loot.
Don't leave it up to trion to make compelling content...make it yourself!!

With all do respect, Defiance thus far has/had a lot of content shipped in game. Heaps of hours of it. But I cant be mad at Trion myself because I completed all of it because I played the game like a crack fiend.

Would I like more? Yes! Does it suck they had push backs which delayed the whole DLC line up? Yes.

But I know content is coming, and I think once everything catches up things will run better.

MagellanD
09-05-2013, 11:47 AM
With all do respect, Defiance thus far has/had a lot of content shipped in game. Heaps of hours of it. But I cant be mad at Trion myself because I completed all of it because I played the game like a crack fiend.

Would I like more? Yes! Does it suck they had push backs which delayed the whole DLC line up? Yes.

But I know content is coming, and I think once everything catches up things will run better.

Right. Multiple releases of data recorder hunts.

Sieges were the best thing evah...everything else isn't really new content.
Even the Arena's are suped up Hot Shots. They weren't even multi-player as promised.