PDA

View Full Version : Bit store pricing

Valethar
04-01-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm starting to see some reports that they jacked up the prices in the store since the Beta 3 weekend. Is this correct? Did they actually decide to join the EA Greed Collective, or are these reports in error?

Pasha
04-01-2013, 07:35 PM
New bit-shop prices surpassed even Planetside 2 (which is F2P by the way and *must* be greedy).

P.S. Alpha testers all over the forum - again. Funny.

Blackwolfe
04-01-2013, 07:39 PM
They did? I bought bits earlier today, would hate if the prices were jacked up in the in-game store now..

Valethar
04-01-2013, 07:42 PM
They did? I bought bits earlier today, would hate if the prices were jacked up in the in-game store now..

I read another post that said they doubled and then some.

The prices were fine where they were. Glad I didn't jump the gun and buy bits in advance. Think I'll pass now. I'm not in favor of greedy cash grabs. That's one reason I dumped STO and SWTOR. I don't support price gouging.

fishboy11
04-01-2013, 07:43 PM
yea no ****, they will make more money per sale but they will also have way less sales and less happy customers, that is smart business.

EdgeTW
04-01-2013, 07:47 PM
I think the prices are the same as they were in beta. I'll have to double check.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Saw some of the prices on a live stream little bit ago, and yes prices or all different. Saw loot boost for self was I think around 250 bits

Pasha
04-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I think the prices are the same as they were in beta. I'll have to double check.

Suit cost in beta was 240 bits, now it's 880 bits in some cases (~9 euro / 12$)

IGears
04-01-2013, 07:56 PM

lol i guess people will be stupid enough to still buy it i guess.

Olcsonn
04-01-2013, 07:59 PM
I have a problem with complaints about these stores in the F2P games, yet I have this problem as long as it is not a P4P system. They are running a game that will mean constant work, constant updates, they will need to pay employees, and other such over-head cost. I know you'll have to buy DLC's but doing this work is not cheap. They need something to keep some kind of profit coming in; HOWEVER, with that said they do need to keep those prices reasonable!

IGears
04-01-2013, 08:01 PM
I have a problem with complaints about these stores in the F2P games, yet I have this problem as long as it is not a P4P system. They are running a game that will mean constant work, constant updates, they will need to pay employees, and other such over-head cost. I know you'll have to buy DLC's but doing this work is not cheap. They need something to keep some kind of profit coming in; HOWEVER, with that said they do need to keep those prices reasonable!

i totally agree with you... but 12 dollars for a suit, that not reasonable. that about a third of the season pass cost. i hope you're getting alot more in the season pass than a suit i hope.

pieofdeath123
04-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Seriously thats way overpriced guess i might wait to buy bits with the 1600 ms points i got

fishboy11
04-01-2013, 08:04 PM
the game is also not f2p, its buy to play, big difference, the $60 that everyone paid should be able to tide them over for quite awhile, i dont think even full f2p games charge outrageous prices like $12 for 1 outfit

Valethar
04-01-2013, 08:05 PM
lol i guess people will be stupid enough to still buy it i guess.

Not me! They just lost out on that one. Going from 240 to 880 is just ridiculously greedy. That's a 367% increase.

Seriously rethinking picking up my copy tomorrow. I'm just not good with greed pricing at all.

Olcsonn
04-01-2013, 08:06 PM
I did just find this post. http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?12874-You-can-now-buy-bits.

Babar
04-01-2013, 08:06 PM
but 12 dollars for a suit, that not reasonable.

Is that true? it is VERY expensive... and just for cosmetic reason...

What is the value in MSpoints or dollar of the 1200bits from the UE?

edit. thank you Olcsonn we posted at the same time

Valethar
04-01-2013, 08:07 PM
the game is also not f2p, its buy to play, big difference, the $60 that everyone paid should be able to tide them over for quite awhile, i dont think even full f2p games charge outrageous prices like $12 for 1 outfit

SWTOR does. That's one reason I quit. Even people paying subs have to pay as much as $14+ per armor set, and many of those are empty shells with zero stats.

Munx
04-01-2013, 08:10 PM

Its a virtual product, production is pretty much free with the exception of taxes.. the prices of these outfits are in no way reasonable.. hell in some countries you can buy pants and a shirt cheaper in real life..

Also considering there is no production cost or time involved when it comes to this product, they would overall make more by selling frequently and creating a "addicted" consumeer base rather then scaring of 80% of the market with absurd prices.

Also keep in mind these are singular skins that leaves you no options of customizing etc.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know from personal experience when i encounter these kinda prices in microtransaction games, it really opens my eyes to just how foolish it would be for me to spend additional money on it, and I generally never forget it, even if the prices do at some point drop.

On the other hand, if a microtransaction game offers fair or even low prices, I have to admit I have been caught in this trap more then once.

Valethar
04-01-2013, 08:11 PM

If you take the $5 for 400 bits pricing, as there's no package for 1200 bits, you're looking at roughly $15 for those 1200 bits. That's now worth one outfit with a little left over that you likely can't use without buying more.

Current pricing is:

400 Bits - $5
1800 Bits - $20
5200 Bits - $50

They tossed the $100 option, which gave somewhere around 11k and change.

Olcsonn
SWTOR does. That's one reason I quit. Even people paying subs have to pay as much as $14+ per armor set, and many of those are empty shells with zero stats.

I don't care what the prices are though if everything on the store is aesthetics, if they don't get sells they will either ruin the game by allowing you to buy power, or they will do the smart thing and reduce the prices. Understand though that sometimes (most of the time actually) those prices are not set by the developers but instead are set by the producers. Let's direct the anger in the correct direction =D.

ZombehSlaughter
Not me! They just lost out on that one. Going from 240 to 880 is just ridiculously greedy. That's a 367% increase.

Seriously rethinking picking up my copy tomorrow. I'm just not good with greed pricing at all.

Why would you reconsider buying the game over a completely optional feature? I mean, sure it's freaking ridiculous that they would have the audacity that they would jack prices up so much; but the game is still going to be worth playing with or without items from the bit store.

Valethar
04-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Also considering there is no production cost or time involved when it comes to this product, they would overall make more by selling frequently and creating a "addicted" consumer base rather then scaring of 80% of the market with absurd prices.

Lets not forget that they only need create it once, then recolor it numerous times to fill the store.

Blackwolfe
04-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Looking at whats available, they did..

Valethar
04-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Why would you reconsider buying the game over a completely optional feature? I mean, sure it's freaking ridiculous that they would have the audacity that they would jack prices up so much; but the game is still going to be worth playing with or without items from the bit store.

Because I generally do not support greed. And jacking prices up almost 400 percent in some cases is nothing but greed.

IGears
04-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Is that true? it is VERY expensive... and just for cosmetic reason...

edit. thank you Olcsonn we posted at the same time

400 bits is $5 dollars so that mean it like 400 ms points

Olcsonn
04-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Because I generally do not support greed. And jacking prices up almost 400 percent in some cases is nothing but greed.

Jacking up the prices very well may not have been a case of "greed" but "need." I don't personally know Trion's budget and I can safely guess that most of the people on this form do not either. If you don't like the price hike then don't buy the stuff (joys of a capitalist market) just enjoy the game. Assuming that an increase in price is based on greed is an assumption.

Swampster
04-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Oh dear I'm seriously disappointed if this is the way it's going to be, I guess I'll use up my included UE bits, stick with my pre-order challenger and that'll be that.. the boosts are barely worth buying anyway, and I aint being gouged for cosmetics. So no extra pennies from me for at least the next 12 months as my DLC is already included too... after that, well we'll see where the game's at!

pieofdeath123
04-01-2013, 08:21 PM
400 bits is $5 dollars so that mean it like 400 ms points
Yeah according to how they are being sold now its a 1-1 conversion, since once the bonus is gone $20=1600 bits and $20 also = 1600 microsoft points

IGears
04-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Jacking up the prices very well may not have been a case of "greed" but "need." I don't personally know Trion's budget and I can safely guess that most of the people on this form do not either. If you don't like the price hike then don't buy the stuff (joys of a capitalist market) just enjoy the game. Assuming that an increase in price is based on greed is an assumption.

hes right
they might be going for price increase based off demands... i hope not but we really dont know...

fishboy11
04-01-2013, 08:26 PM
yea i agree you dont have to buy it, but it still doesnt paint a good picture for the company in general or the future of the game if they are going to be greedy from day 1, it can be a foreshadowing of a lot of overpriced dlc in the future or the game going f2p at the first hint of trouble

Swampster
04-01-2013, 08:33 PM
But what you're suggesting is a bit of a false ecomony imo..

Imagine this..
You buy an outfit it costs say $20 (made up figure).. you think it's cool and because of it's high price nobody else buys it, you maintain an air of exclusivity which suits you, so you no longer buy any more outfits. They get $20

Alternatively.. you buy an outfit that costs $1 (remember the goods are virtual to there's no material expense).
You like the $1 outfit you think it's cool! However 100 other people think so too.. and it's cheap enough for them all to buy, so they do!
You then get miffed cos your outfit is no longer exclusive, so you buy the next thing in Defiance fashion from the store... effectively restarting the cycle...

people don't mind paying for stuff if it has inherent value, virtual cosmetics don't it's as simple as that..

Apologies for the typos.. brain not really in gear atm...

Angeleus09
04-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Ok so the prices on the outfits went up quite a bit from what people are reporting here, how about the lockboxes? They were 80 Bits for a T1 in beta 3, can anyone confirm what they are now?

SweetMadness
04-01-2013, 08:41 PM

The whole Defiance project had a budget of $80-$100 million for both the show (season 1) and game.

IGears
04-01-2013, 08:46 PM
But what you're suggesting is a bit of a false ecomony imo..

Imagine this..
You buy an outfit it costs say $20 (made up figure).. you think it's cool and because of it's high price nobody else buys it, you maintain an air of exclusivity which suits you, so you no longer buy any more outfits. They get $20

Alternatively.. you buy an outfit that costs $1 (remember the goods are virtual to there's no material expense).
You like the $1 outfit you think it's cool! However 100 other people think so too.. and it's cheap enough for them all to buy, so they do!
You then get miffed cos your outfit is no longer exclusive, so you buy the next thing in Defiance fashion from the store... effectively restarting the cycle...

people don't mind paying for stuff if it has inherent value, virtual cosmetics don't it's as simple as that..

Apologies for the typos.. brain not really in gear atm...

true i understand what you mean but they made more money off 100 people buying the 1 dollar outfit over a few wearing the 20 dollar one. i dont know but i just dont want to see ridiculous prices just to have an exclusive style........what i take that back it just like clothes in real life, what am i thinking

IGears
04-01-2013, 08:48 PM
The whole Defiance project had a budget of $80-$100 million for both the show (season 1) and game.

38 studios had over 70 million just to make an MMO and that failed

Olcsonn
04-01-2013, 08:51 PM

They doesn't explain a company budget in the least, even if you could tell us which one got how much that still wouldn't disprove my point. Most inner company budgeting is very hush hush and for good reason.

zartanyen
04-01-2013, 08:52 PM

I am think the other way I have no problem paying a monthly subscription to play a game it pays for all the patches and things like that but refuse to spend any money in a F2P/ P2W game and refuse to buy or download them when I was playing EQ,WAR,WOW,AOC I had no issues paying my 15$ a month and did it happily when I think F2P I think all those junk companies no one has ever heard of who don't put out AAA titles and I do not and will not support them putting out more junk.

With the bit prices what they are what can my 1200 bits from my UE get me or what are they worth as far as if I had to buy that much bit's with real money?

IGears
04-01-2013, 08:55 PM
I am think the other way I have no problem paying a monthly subscription to play a game it pays for all the patches and things like that but refuse to spend any money in a F2P/ P2W game and refuse to buy or download them when I was playing EQ,WAR,WOW,AOC I had no issues paying my 15$ a month and did it happily when I think F2P I think all those junk companies no one has ever heard of who don't put out AAA titles and I do not and will not support them putting out more junk.

With the bit prices what they are what can my 1200 bits from my UE get me or what are they worth as far as if I had to buy that much bit's with real money?

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?12874-You-can-now-buy-bits.

StickyChief
04-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Disappointment. I knew something wasn't right when Trion said there were going to be weapons in the in game store. I could buy a real T shirt for 8 bucks. Hope no one pay's for this.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK4XlDTGu5mQPrc7e_r1EJNfpYmV_BJ JtzqEsh9nx_4EKo_Qhp

IGears
04-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Disappointment. I knew something wasn't right when Trion said there were going to be weapons in the in game store. Hope no one pay's for this.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK4XlDTGu5mQPrc7e_r1EJNfpYmV_BJ JtzqEsh9nx_4EKo_Qhp

in all the live streams i saw, no weapons in the store

Paladin
04-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Disappointment. I knew something wasn't right when Trion said there were going to be weapons in the in game store. I could buy a real T shirt for 8 bucks. Hope no one pay's for this.

People will buy it....but for me it's just boosters...lots of boosters.

alienoid
04-01-2013, 09:08 PM
No weapons and lockboxes prices went up to 120, 240, 400 depending on the tier.

PS : Valethar, you're not allowed by your fellow alphas to quit ;)

Valethar
04-01-2013, 09:13 PM
No weapons and lockboxes prices went up to 120, 240, 400 depending on the tier.

PS : Valethar, you're not allowed by your fellow alphas to quit ;)

I probably won't, but I'm am heavily disappointed in the direction they went with the store. They could have easily put the Beta 3 store up at regular pricing and avoided all of the bad press they're going to get over this. Especially since there was no notice that I am aware of that the pricing in the store had been lowered for the Beta.

Olcsonn
04-01-2013, 09:14 PM

With the bit prices what they are what can my 1200 bits from my UE get me or what are they worth as far as if I had to buy that much bit's with real money?]

Sticky if you are right then I am going to RAGE post, the buying power model is completely ****TY.

Zartanyen, do not be offended by this but I'm going to assume that english is not your first language or you are really tired or I'm so tired that it was hard to understand what you were saying. To comment on what you said though I am going to say this, I do not have a problem paying $15 a month if the game is really good. I completely understand when a F2P game puts in a store to try and make some extra money to cover their overhead; however, P2W games are always completely FAIL they cater to those with excess income or those who are just financially stupid. They screw over those who "play on a budget" and the game becomes a game for the wealthy (using that word loosely.) If this game becomes P2W I will stop playing and completely rage on the forums. Not to mention a lot of the 3rd party sites that gamers read to see if they want to play a game will completely bash the game, the developer, and the producer. In the gaming industry gamers have seriously hurt companies wallets because of those kind of decisions. P2W is 100% pure greed, F2P with a vanity market is more than likely trying to cover overhead IMO.

Opus
04-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Not all outfits were 800 bits. I think I saw 2 that were in the 200-400 range.And yeah, the price increase sucks. I actually thought it would be a preview of the real cash shop.

But I think my biggest problem is the lack of stuff to buy now. During the Beta, there were like what -- 20 or so outfits to choose from? And now it looks like they have about 8, tops. Same for the vehicles.

I *am* that person who will spend money on an outfit or vehicle, possibly a boost here and there. Even if it's more expensive than before. (Though it makes the 1,200 bits we get for free far less appealing.) But with the decrease in inventory, I'll be hesitant to buy anything other than a new quad for a good, long while.

And Valethar, please don't bail. it was cool playing with you, and I'd hate if you bailed because of the cash shop. Maybe it'll level off and they'll tweak it soon.

Blackwolfe
04-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Is it just me or do they have far less outfits to choose from compared to beta weekend 3? None of the ones I had picked out beforehand were available :(

alienoid
04-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Well, to my experience, if there is something that usually starts wrong in MMOs it's the cash shop. Let us give them some time to look into this.
Meanwhile, we can prepare more torches and pitchforks, just in case of ;)

Valethar
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
And Valethar, please don't bail. it was cool playing with you, and I'd hate if you bailed because of the cash shop. Maybe it'll level off and they'll tweak it soon.

I'll be there in the morning, after Gamestop here in Puyallup opens at 10 (I think?). Might be closer to noon, depending on how quickly I can install and patch. I'm still quite disappointed in the lack of transparency with the store pricing versus what we saw in Beta 3 though.

Come to think of it, I may be a little later. I found an injured bird hiding in my rose bushes earlier, but couldn't get to him. If the local stray cats don't get him first, I may try to catch him and drive him over to the wildlife vet for rehab/release.

Is it just me or do they have far less outfits to choose from compared to beta weekend 3? None of the ones I had picked out beforehand were available :(

They reduced the inventory, and raised the prices by almost legendary percentages on some things. It's not quite as bad as the first reports, with some items staying at their Beta 3 prices, but others went up as much as ~500% over the Beta.

Swampster
04-01-2013, 09:27 PM
problem is.. what do they do now though, they've laid out their store so to speak, if a bunch of people buy stuff now... then in 3 weeks time cos nowhere near as many as they'd hoped are buying stuff they lower prices across the board that's just going to alienate those who have already bought stuff... :/

Opus
04-01-2013, 09:27 PM
I feel like we're having this conversation over and over, in multiple places. :D :o

Swampster
04-01-2013, 09:28 PM
I feel like we're having this conversation over and over, in multiple places. :D :o

They might get the message then? ;)

Opus
04-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Well, knowing all of this now saves me from buying the $20 in bits I was going to add to my account this weekend. I'll just put it towards the Ivy Bridge rig I'm saving up for. [insert witchy hrmph!]

Piegon
04-01-2013, 09:32 PM
I probably won't, but I'm am heavily disappointed in the direction they went with the store. They could have easily put the Beta 3 store up at regular pricing and avoided all of the bad press they're going to get over this. Especially since there was no notice that I am aware of that the pricing in the store had been lowered for the Beta.

I saw/ heard that somewhere (can't recall), but then I've been glued to scanning for info (forum, streams, video) for a while. I think most understood the free beta bits were to test the store, but missed the "discount" pricing. The hike is dramatic and sad.

Olcsonn
04-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I've heard good things about Trion doing things just to make their customers happy; however, I am not 100% sure on what decisions come from their producer, what decisions come from Trion the developer, or if Trion even works with a producer. Let us hope that if enough people are angry about it that they will change it just to make their customer base happy and keep their reputation positive.

MattN
04-01-2013, 09:34 PM
When nobody buy a damn thing because of cut throat prices, maybe just maybe they'll lower the prices.

Valethar
04-01-2013, 09:44 PM
When nobody buy a damn thing because of cut throat prices, maybe just maybe they'll lower the prices.

I know I was going to buy a couple of inventory upgrades, as well as several outfits, several vehicles and some boosts to augment the ones in the UE.

Now? Not so much. I get the red Challenger, the Ark Infiltrator and a few days of boosts with the UE.

Their loss. I have some unused gift cards I was going to use, but maybe I'll just hold onto them for a bit longer.

Opus
04-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I'll definitely be holding on to most of my bits for a while to see what happens with the store.

Dixa
04-01-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm starting to see some reports that they jacked up the prices in the store since the Beta 3 weekend. Is this correct? Did they actually decide to join the EA Greed Collective, or are these reports in error?

outfits were increased in price. the inventory slots were reduced i price. i didnt look at the xp bonuses

doesnt matter. i gave trion 100 bucks for bits. i'm sure i'll get my monies worth.

Swampster
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
i gave trion 100 bucks for bits. i'm sure i'll get my monies worth.

Wow now that's blind faith :)

Valethar
04-01-2013, 09:56 PM
outfits were increased in price. the inventory slots were reduced i price. i didnt look at the xp bonuses

If inventory was reduced, I may get those after all. Did they fix the price disparity with the 15 slot package from Beta? That one actually turned out to be more expensive per slot than the 5 and 10 slot increases.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
If inventory was reduced, I may get those after all. Did the fix the price disparity with the 15 slot package from Beta? That one actually turned out to be more expensive per slot than the 5 and 10 slot increased.

From what I saw on live stream it's 150-240-360

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Ok for boosts prices are:
EGO clan 112, group 80, self 160
Reputation clan 56, group 40, self 80
Loot clan 112, group 80, self 160
XP clan 56, group 40, self 80
Scrip clan 84, group 60, self 120

I will add more info as I find it in live streams

Valethar
04-01-2013, 10:07 PM
From what I saw on live stream it's 150-240-360

Hmm.. so there's almost no difference in cost per slot between the 240 and 360, assuming a 10 and 15 slot package. Both are roughly 24 bits per slot. That's still better than Beta when the 15 slot package was something like 500ish.

zartanyen
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Boost's to me are the only thing worth getting, how my character looks does not affect my stats or get me leveling quicker I take my money and put it into DUST 514 my boost's their mean more and cost less for all that I get and seeing as I did not pay for the game till I put 160$ into it still will be less then what I got here and with MECH's incoming need to boost all my turret skills and save point's for MECH skills.

Be doing this when I hit my SP cap every week and I like I have options on what I can do here but their store just makes me sick I don't care if I would pay 20$ a month on a subscription game not going to pay it to a item mall,just man up and say are game is worth 15, 20 a month and charge a subscription and stop the cash shop garbage.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 10:16 PM
Lockboxes:

Tier 2= 120
Tier 3= 240
Tier 4= 400

Vehicles:
A-Tex Growler Camo Red 640
A-Tex Growler Camo White 320
A-Tex Growler Camo Light Green 320
TMW Hannibal 800R VBI Blue/ Black 960
TMW Hannibal 800R VBI Yellow/ Green 640
TMW Hannibal 800R VBI Black/ Red 960

Again post more as I find them

Valethar
04-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Lockboxes:

Tier 2= 120
Tier 3= 240
Tier 4= 400

LOL @ $5 for a T4 lockbox so you can get 3 or 4 greens on a bad 'roll'. I'll just farm keys for those, it's far less expensive that way.

Unless they've tweaked the 'drop' rate on them, it's entirely possible. I bought two at one point, ended up with 6 of the 8 weapons being shotguns, and almost all of the items were green. I imagine that's going to piss off a lot of people if it's still like that.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Outfits:
CODA Knight= 560
CODA Commando= 240
SPD Heavy Trooper= 800
Factory Engineer= 560
Badlands Crime Lord= 240
Mountain Tracker= 880
Special-Ops Hero= 880

Headgear:
Forest Tracker= 440
Mountain Tracker= 440
Naval Hero= 280
Badlands Crime Lord= 440
Highway Crime Lord= 440
Urban Commando= 120

Inventory Slots:
+5 Slots= 120
+10 Slots= 240
+15 Slots= 360

That completes everything currently available in Bits Store

Swampster
04-01-2013, 10:27 PM
LOL @ $5 for a T4 lockbox so you can get 3 or 4 greens on a bad 'roll'. I'll just farm keys for those, it's far less expensive that way.

Unless they've tweaked the 'drop' rate on them, it's entirely possible. I bought two at one point, ended up with 6 of the 8 weapons being shotguns, and almost all of the items were green. I imagine that's going to piss off a lot of people if it's still like that.

Indeed, I had a bit of run where I got nothing but greens in several T4 boxes... I think I'd rage punch a hole in my screen if that happened a few times at $5 a pop :o

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 10:28 PM

Yeah I wouldn't bother with lockboxes, you get more than enough just playing. Also watching some live streams and a lot of blues dropping at 50-65 EGO rating.

Valethar
04-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Outfits:
CODA Knight= 560
CODA Commando= 240
SPD Heavy Trooper= 800
Factory Engineer= 560
Badlands Crime Lord= 240
Mountain Tracker= 880
Special-Ops Hero= 880

Headgear:
Forest Tracker= 440
Mountain Tracker= 440
Naval Hero= 280
Badlands Crime Lord= 440
Highway Crime Lord= 440
Urban Commando= 120

Inventory Slots:
+5 Slots= 120
+10 Slots= 240
+15 Slots= 360

I salute your patience and dedication in compiling those.

EDIT: I see the two outfits I wanted are missing. Figures LOL. I really wanted those red shades from the Renegade outfit to go with the black Drifter outfit, or just to go with the red Ark Infiltrator outfit.

Oh well, one day, right? :)

Yonpachi
04-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Sooooo Expensive!!!!!!

$14 per armor? Oh come on. And also lots of armors on cash shop missing >.> more than half of them

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Sooooo Expensive!!!!!!

$14 per armor? Oh come on. And also lots of armors on cash shop missing >.> more than half of them

Yeah I was looking forward to the Corporate Operative but now I can save money and the 1200 bits for when I really need it

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 10:46 PM
I salute your patience and dedication in compiling those.

EDIT: I see the two outfits I wanted are missing. Figures LOL. I really wanted those red shades from the Renegade outfit to go with the black Drifter outfit, or just to go with the red Ark Infiltrator outfit.

Can't play myself and have been really bored last few days. Nothing to do but plan......

Swampster
04-01-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah I was looking forward to the Corporate Operative but now I can save money and the 1200 bits for when I really need it

Yep with some shades and a pink roller... :)

Valethar
04-01-2013, 10:49 PM

I'm going to go slightly off topic, but I have to say I love that signature Swampster LOL.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 10:53 PM

Was actually thinking one of the Predator Masks

And of course have to roll with a pink vehicle....need to be noticed pulling up to Ark Falls

zartanyen
04-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Ok for boosts prices are:
EGO clan 112, group 80, self 160
Reputation clan 56, group 40, self 80
Loot clan 112, group 80, self 160
XP clan 56, group 40, self 80
Scrip clan 84, group 60, self 120

I will add more info as I find it in live streams

LMAO so for my 1200 bits from my UE I could get a whooping 2 days of boosts ? thats totally worth it ( not)

But for ruffly the same price I could get 21 days of boosts at 50% in dusts and not feel like I was getting ripped off like if I put the money into this game.

20$ for 3 days of boost or 21 seems like simple math to me the one I get the most out of and does not get me all pissed off at the thought of win's thanks for making DUST 514 look better and better wounder what the number of EVE subscribers VS RIFTS subscribers is I know EVE has way more and I will bet DUST 514 has more people buy their isk VS bit's here on the PS3.

MysteriousScaRe
04-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Those Prices. OMFG :(

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
LMAO so for my 1200 bits from my UE I could get a whooping 2 days of boosts ? thats totally worth it ( not)

But for ruffly the same price I could get 21 days of boosts at 50% in dusts and not feel like I was getting ripped off like if I put the money into this game.

20$ for 3 days of boost or 21 seems like simple math to me the one I get the most out of and does not get me all pissed off at the thought of win's thanks for making DUST 514 look better and better wounder what the number of EVE subscribers VS RIFTS subscribers is I know EVE has way more and I will bet DUST 514 has more people buy their isk VS bit's here on the PS3.

I'm not sure if these are for one day or what. Saw them during a live stream and posted because people were asking. I have currently posted everything that is available in store with bits costs

StickyChief
04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Outfits:
CODA Knight= 560
CODA Commando= 240
SPD Heavy Trooper= 800
Factory Engineer= 560
Badlands Crime Lord= 240
Mountain Tracker= 880
Special-Ops Hero= 880

Headgear:
Forest Tracker= 440
Mountain Tracker= 440
Naval Hero= 280
Badlands Crime Lord= 440
Highway Crime Lord= 440
Urban Commando= 120

Inventory Slots:
+5 Slots= 120
+10 Slots= 240
+15 Slots= 360

Lol 4 dollars for virtual head gear

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Lol 4 dollars for virtual head gear

Yeah and I'm not sure if once bought if it's only for that toon or account wide.

winterforge
04-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Well, now you'll be able to tell the people in the game who have really good jobs and zero debt. Defiance has a class system, just not the one you were thinking of ;-)

Swampster
04-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah and I'm not sure if once bought if it's only for that toon or account wide.

It was account wide in beta... who's going to be the first to check then and spend some hard earned bits? :)

Angeleus09
Lockboxes:

Tier 2= 120
Tier 3= 240
Tier 4= 400

Vehicles:
A-Tex Growler Camo Red 640
A-Tex Growler Camo White 320
A-Tex Growler Camo Light Green 320
TMW Hannibal 800R VBI Blue/ Black 960
TMW Hannibal 800R VBI Yellow/ Green 640
TMW Hannibal 800R VBI Black/ Red 960

Again post more as I find them

Outfits:
CODA Knight= 560
CODA Commando= 240
SPD Heavy Trooper= 800
Factory Engineer= 560
Badlands Crime Lord= 240
Mountain Tracker= 880
Special-Ops Hero= 880

Headgear:
Forest Tracker= 440
Mountain Tracker= 440
Naval Hero= 280
Badlands Crime Lord= 440
Highway Crime Lord= 440
Urban Commando= 120

Inventory Slots:
+5 Slots= 120
+10 Slots= 240
+15 Slots= 360

Thank you, this is what we were really after.

Nmalthus
SWTOR charges $14 for CM armor and it sells so can't really be surprised.

Valethar
04-01-2013, 11:03 PM
It was account wide in beta... who's going to be the first to check then and spend some hard earned bits? :)

Well, in Beta they were also reasonably priced. We've all seen what happened there. :eek:

Swampster
04-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Well, now you'll be able to tell the people in the game who have really good jobs and zero debt. Defiance has a class system, just not the one you were thinking of ;-)

LOL I actually misread that at first glance I read:

Well, now you'll be able to tell the people in the game who have really good jobs and zero debt. Definance has a class system, just not the one you were thinking of ;-)

Which would have been pretty apt :p

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 11:04 PM

Yeah I couldn't check in beta, played both ps3 and xbox, we only got lockboxes and boosts. Hope to hear more info on store before I try spending the free bits I got. Also want to know about what bonuses (Ark Codes, PreOrder etc) are account wide.

winterforge
04-01-2013, 11:05 PM
LOL I actually misread that at first glance I read:

Which would have been pretty apt :p

Haha, indeed :-)

Swampster
SWTOR charges $14 for CM armor and it sells so can't really be surprised.

Yeah but SWTOR is widely regarded as a disaster, and has a rabid Star Wars fanbase pre-built in...

0_d4RK_FaLLen
Thank you, this is what we were really after.

Your welcome...that will be 500 bits so I can buy a hat...

zartanyen
04-01-2013, 11:25 PM

Reminds me a lot of mass effect 3's premium failure, or disappointment pack's to me.

zartanyen
04-01-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm not sure if these are for one day or what. Saw them during a live stream and posted because people were asking. I have currently posted everything that is available in store with bits costs

If their the same from beta their for one day at that price I got all of them clan,group with me, and personal during the beta they all stacked but come one 600 bits for like a 22% boost for one day or 20$ for 3 days of 22% boost.

Babar
04-01-2013, 11:37 PM
IMO for the boost and stuff like that it's not so bad... I won't buy it as I will play a lot and I won't really need boost.
Plus you have other ways for the lockboxes and probably most of the other items (maybe not all version/color of each item).

Maybe they will realize their mistake... so I will try to not spend my 1200bits and wait and see...

Valethar
04-01-2013, 11:38 PM
Yeah but SWTOR is widely regarded as a disaster, and has a rabid Star Wars fanbase pre-built in...

Fanbase minus 1. I quit when they started jacking up prices and gouging on new items.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 11:40 PM
IMO for the boost and stuff like that it's not so bad... I won't buy it as I will play a lot and I won't really need boost.
Plus you have other ways for the lockboxes and probably most of the other items (maybe not all version/color of each item).

Maybe they will realize their mistake... so I will try to not spend my 1200bits and wait and see...

Yeah boost aren't really necessary, during beta made it to 405 ego rating in like two days without doing half the missions.

freecreditscore
04-01-2013, 11:42 PM

They've already reached number one on steam's best sellers. Passing Bioshock Infinite. They've sold enough season passes and collectors editions that UK is having their debacle with keeping up with the demand. They don't need the money. This is honestly ridiculous that they jacked up the prices by that much. I never thought I'd say this, but what in the actual ****.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 11:45 PM
They've already reached number one on steam's best sellers. Passing Bioshock Infinite. They've sold enough season passes and collectors editions that UK is having their debacle with keeping up with the demand. They don't need the money. This is honestly ridiculous that they jacked up the prices by that much. I never thought I'd say this, but what in the actual ****.

Everything in the store are optional!!! you don't have to buy them if you don't want.

Yonpachi
04-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Everything in the store are optional!!! you don't have to buy them if you don't want.

But I want those shinies!

trollnest
04-01-2013, 11:49 PM
I have to believe this is a mistake somehow, I can't see anyone paying twelve bucks for a costume change.
(well maybe a bikini ala vindictus haha)

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 11:51 PM
But I want those shinies!

You and me both, but still doesn't change fact that it's optional. Almost everything in store can be found in game, maybe not same skin color but still able to get just by playing.

I have to believe this is a mistake somehow, I can't see anyone paying twelve bucks for a costume change.
(well maybe a bikini ala vindictus haha)

Seems to be on par with other MMO's. Do I personally believe they are high, yeah some are. It's certainly not something to cry about.

Babar
Yes we do not have to buy them if we don't want but talking about the 'strong' pricing is not irrelevant.

DJBlaze
these prices make the bits you get for preorders feel as if you pay way to much now.

silvertemplar
04-01-2013, 11:53 PM
I guess then it's a good thing i bought the Steam Pre-Order, it unlocked so many things i was getting concerned that i might never want anything in the cash shop.

Babar
04-01-2013, 11:54 PM
these prices make the bits you get for preorders feel as if you pay way to much now.

+1 I was expecting more 'purchasing power'

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-01-2013, 11:56 PM

the 1200 bits we get are what $15 worth. So Season pass $40 Collector's Edition $99. We saved $5 bucks not including the messenger bag and title

Segolia
04-01-2013, 11:58 PM
What I want to know is what happened to all of the outfits I saw in AMB3

I swear there was about 4 or 5 times as many of the premium outfits available.

Doesn't really matter now because the prices are way too high for me anyways

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-02-2013, 12:01 AM

Will be added late most likely or it could be because the person I saw show these on livestream was only ego rating of 34. Not sure at moment

Valethar
04-02-2013, 12:02 AM

Doesn't really matter now because the prices are way too high for me anyways

Apparently pulled so they could be doled out over time. Given the ridiculous pricing implemented after Beta 3, it's not going to make much of a difference, because no one likes to be gouged.

freecreditscore
04-02-2013, 12:22 AM
the 1200 bits we get are what $15 worth. So Season pass $40 Collector's Edition $99. We saved $5 bucks not including the messenger bag and title

The point being made, is that you thought you would be able to buy more with the 1200 bits that you got with the UE. That is literally the only reason I even got the UE, was because the bit pricing seemed to be fair. And of course once they already have my money, hey lets jack up the prices. What the hell do I want with a messenger bag. They said that they'd give us compensation if they felt like the value of our items we received with the Ultimate Edition felt like less than what we paid for. Well, paying 50 extra dollars for something that I won't see even remotely close to immediate results in using, I.e. the season pass, doesn't seem worth it. And I wouldn't buy 1200 bits if I knew they were going to gouge us and pretty much limit one item per ten dollars. If not, one item and more than ten dollars spent on it. The prices were okay before, but now they're insane. They're just re-skins. They're not completely new sets of armor, or brand new vehicles. And yes, they are optional, but it doesn't change the fact that it was the deciding factor for me to buy the UE and get the 1200 bits when I saw the pricing on the objects. Because the OFFICIAL DEFIANCE twitter linked a vid showcasing the armor and all of it was said to be 240 bits for armor and 120 for headgear. So, that's what pisses me off. I was completely pleased with the game until now. Greed pisses me off.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-02-2013, 12:26 AM
The point being made, is that you thought you would be able to buy more with the 1200 bits that you got with the UE. That is literally the only reason I even got the UE, was because the bit pricing seemed to be fair. And of course once they already have my money, hey lets jack up the prices. What the hell do I want with a messenger bag. They said that they'd give us compensation if they felt like the value of our items we received with the Ultimate Edition felt like less than what we paid for. Well, paying 50 extra dollars for something that I won't see even remotely close to immediate results in using, I.e. the season pass, doesn't seem worth it. And I wouldn't buy 1200 bits if I knew they were going to gouge us and pretty much limit one item per ten dollars. If not, one item and more than ten dollars spent on it. The prices were okay before, but now they're insane. They're just re-skins. They're not completely new sets of armor, or brand new vehicles. And yes, they are optional, but it doesn't change the fact that it was the deciding factor for me to buy the UE and get the 1200 bits when I saw the pricing on the objects. Because the OFFICIAL DEFIANCE twitter linked a vid showcasing the armor and all of it was said to be 240 bits for armor and 120 for headgear. So, that's what pisses me off. I was completely pleased with the game until now. Greed pisses me off.

No you ASSUMED I listened to what the dev's have said all along. The Video you are talking about was from an Alpha or Beta build which changes all the time. Nothing was ever officially announced about prices

freecreditscore
04-02-2013, 12:34 AM
No you ASSUMED I listened to what the dev's have said all along. The Video you are talking about was from an Alpha or Beta build which changes all the time. Nothing was ever officially announced about prices

I've been listening to what they've been saying as well, which is why I was misled by them, into believing that they were providing accurate information regarding the pricing. Because so far everything they've told us has been quite correct. And it was from the beta build, but why link something that has no credibility to the final product except to mislead someone. I didn't assume. I made a decision based on the information given. Kind sir

Valethar
04-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Ok folks, lets not derail the thread with name calling and insults please. This isn't the WoW forums, we're better than that.

Babar
04-02-2013, 12:42 AM
The point being made, is that you thought you would be able to buy more with the 1200 bits that you got with the UE. [...] They said that they'd give us compensation if they felt like the value of our items we received with the Ultimate Edition felt like less than what we paid for.

+1 I remember reading that, hope they hear you

zartanyen
04-02-2013, 12:52 AM

Maybe because of all the bonuses or all the price slashing they did but most gamestops in the US did not have midnight releases and all they had to do was get 50 copies pre ordered and they could not even get that, I could still pre order a UE at my local gamestop on saturday when I was up their and my 10 UE pre orders was more then the stores combined pre orders total and this is coming from a major gamestop in a major city near a major college phoenix az tempe ASU and they could not get 50 pre orders thats beyond sad borderlands 2 had midnight release every where and the last of us will have midnight release everywhere as well but this did not.

Jamesdanex
04-02-2013, 01:06 AM

This. I didn't realize we were dealing with EA.

Gaoxin
04-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Until the release today, Trion was one of my holy pillars of gaming industry's fair/good developers, but now they joined the EA club. 240 was a fair price for an armor set and I planned to buy a few but now, I wont buy sh*t. ****ing disappointed

SpyderArachnid
04-02-2013, 01:33 AM
I was rather disappointed to see this myself. Trion had a great rep for caring about their players and not trying to rip us off, like other game companies do.

Then I saw they jacked up all the prices majorly. Was going to buy some fancy new stuff, but after seeing this, I'm not spending a dime.

Just, what happened? Why do this?

StickyChief
04-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Seeing this and hearing that there will only be 100 players per shard really dissapoints.

Xazur
04-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Some of the popular outfits/headgear have doubled in price. I quess they really did but the Defiance store into beta to gather info. Gather info on whats popular and then pump up the price for it that is. Trion.... you aren't selling real clothing here. I find it ridiculous how the popular outfits cost so much nonetheless. $15 for a full costume, 2 pieces of cosmetic items that have color preset? No thxs. I think my ark infiltrator suit will have to suffice for the rest of the game.

Raladur
04-02-2013, 01:48 AM
1. it's not power you are actually paying for, it's the looks- i can live with that.
2. prices may be big or small for outfits- does not really matter, because it does not break the gameplay itself, just makes you unique snowflake :)=
3. for relative "power" items, like boosts and lockboxes - it's just a convinience, you can get everything in normal gameplay aswell. and so far the pricing on those seems more than reasonable.
4. cars - they look good, i dont think they have better stats.. and alternatives for them can be obtained in the game by playing, atleast most of them...
5. DLC pricing and contents- to be seen, but i do hope they keep that one normal.

all in all, i see no reason to complain about prices- it's just an extra to your normal gameplay, not a requirement...
much like in guild wars 2 but less gamebreaking :)

Mackeh
04-02-2013, 02:07 AM
I do spend a lot of my spare money on in game shops but only after I have observed the greed factor of the shop, if I find that it's just obscene (like world of tanks) I spend nothing, infact I left that game over their greedy shop about 9 months ago. I shall wait and see what happens here, let's hope it's not P2Win and the prices are fair.

Dixa
04-02-2013, 02:18 AM
just an fyi i opened a tier 4 lockbox (buying with in game bits) and got the ark infiltrator set. helmet and outfit. plus 4 guns.

the bits store is apparantly not the only way to get these items

Calranthe
04-02-2013, 02:20 AM
In most mmo that have a cash store the prices in beta are less simply because it is for testing purpose, you don't have items and conversions at full price during beta because no one has the inclination or time, am I the only one who expected the change in prices for launch and doesn't see it as Trion being evil ?

TripMyWire
04-02-2013, 02:48 AM
Wow i was considering buying items aswell. greed

Cinerama
04-02-2013, 06:14 AM
I dont get it, with the prices as they were in the last beta i would gladly spend 5 - 10 dollars a month for boost and vanity items.
But with the high prices now, i am not spending anything

freecreditscore
04-02-2013, 06:29 AM
My goodness. Did anyone check out the 30 day xp boost you get for upgrading to deluxe on the xbox live marketplace? Right about now I'm feeling like I should just walk in and say, nah. Give me Bioshock and Destiny. Bungie has been good with not gouging. I spent 150 on UE to get the extra bonuses, only to find out you can get more xp boost for less, and my bits won't even buy one whole outfit from the store. I'm feeling the need for compensation righhht about now. People remember greed.

Metryn
04-02-2013, 06:36 AM
just an fyi i opened a tier 4 lockbox (buying with in game bits) and got the ark infiltrator set. helmet and outfit. plus 4 guns.

Maybe that's why the prices went up. Bits for lockboxes, suits available in the lock boxes now. I opened a ton of boxes and never got a suit in beta.

Duckforceone
04-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Until the release today, Trion was one of my holy pillars of gaming industry's fair/good developers, but now they joined the EA club. 240 was a fair price for an armor set and I planned to buy a few but now, I wont buy sh*t. ****ing disappointed

same here.. when do the game dev's learn that they earn more money with more low priced items... if each items was 100-200 for outfits, i would buy alot... with high prices, i won't buy any...

also, ingame is says 20 euro for 2400 bits...
then it takes me to their website, which says 2000 bits for 24 euro, but you get a bonus of 300 bits on that order...

uhm yeah... seriously not investing any money in you guys currently...

Kantazo
04-02-2013, 07:00 AM
Every time a game with cash shop launches they do the same, why devs don't learn you get more love with honey than with vinegar.

Zenicity
04-02-2013, 07:07 AM
It just bugs me that it's a.) A $60+ dollar game, b.) has PAY for DLC and c.) micro transaction. Games usually pick one or two and roll with it, the only thing they are missing is a monthly fee and they'd have ALL the revenue streams hit.

zartanyen
04-02-2013, 07:26 AM
It just bugs me that it's a.) A $60+ dollar game, b.) has PAY for DLC and c.) micro transaction. Games usually pick one or two and roll with it, the only thing they are missing is a monthly fee and they'd have ALL the revenue streams hit.

Should have added that one to seems like they know it's a big problematic hunk of junk they have not patched or fixed from beta so their trying to get every last dime they can right away before people quit out of the game plenty of new games coming out over the next few months.

I bet it's reduced in price at GS before the months out you can still order the ultimate editions how many good selling games do you know or recall that you could get a 150$ or 100$ edition after launch with out hunting down one that was a cancelation? can't find a copy of the last of us at the 150$ can you?

watsbeef
04-02-2013, 07:35 AM

You are tight it has been stated in a few live streams that the cash shop is just a shortcut to getting items. Supposedly everything in the shop can be obtained in game, it just takes longer or is more dependent on luck :)

My goodness. Did anyone check out the 30 day xp boost you get for upgrading to deluxe on the xbox live marketplace? Right about now I'm feeling like I should just walk in and say, nah. Give me Bioshock and Destiny. Bungie has been good with not gouging. I spent 150 on UE to get the extra bonuses, only to find out you can get more xp boost for less, and my bits won't even buy one whole outfit from the store. I'm feeling the need for compensation righhht about now. People remember greed.

This has been answered in other threads and live streams and answered on twitter. Basically, because physical copy gets a lot more physical extras. Do balance it out the digital copies get longer boost

SYN BLACK XS
04-02-2013, 07:36 AM
<gripe> Its sad to see that Trion went in this direction, especially so close to launch. It comes off as one of these shady/scandelous tactics politicians use to slip their agendy by the people. Do I feel wronged personally? No. But I think this was a disasterous idea on trions part. theres nothing Micro about their transactions anymore, and the price they want for these in-game items is obsurd.

I had planned on dropping TONS of $$$ on Bits, not just at launch, but during the length of my stay on this game.... but now? Theres no f***ing way. If I'm suddenly fed up with your store system, and intend to keep the money i was going to give them, it stands to reason that many others plan to do the same. </gripe>

That being said, I feel better

EdgeTW
04-02-2013, 08:08 AM
I suspect all outfits were priced the same in beta in order to track which were the most and least popular, and then they were priced accordingly for launch (with the popular outfits being drastically raised in price).

IGears
04-02-2013, 08:28 AM
I suspect all outfits were priced the same in beta in order to track which were the most and least popular, and then they were priced accordingly for launch (with the popular outfits being drastically raised in price).

thats what i was thinking but still, why so much? like i said earlier: $12 dollars is about a third of the season pass' value.

blind legend
04-02-2013, 08:31 AM
So your all Complaining that the items in a F2P game that cost as much as a sandwich in a restaurant that is free to sit in. the only diffrence is the sandwich only lasts as long as it takes you to eat it and the items lasts as long as you play the game, be it months or years. personally id rather pay $10 dollars for some thing that will last me then some thing that only lasts 5 min. If you buy only 1 thing a month you will spend vastly less a year then you will pay a subscription. I dont think most people will be going to buy alot out of the store. I personally will be buying maybe 2 or 3 items.

Bushmaster2000
04-02-2013, 08:45 AM
If cosmetic items are 12 bucks, they can suck it. They won't be getting my money. When you get into doubt digits, things stop being 'micro' transactions. In fact anything more than 5 bucks i personally don't consider micro-transactions anymore.

Khufu
04-02-2013, 08:55 AM
I had planned on dropping TONS of $$$ on Bits, not just at launch, but during the length of my stay on this game.... but now? Theres no f***ing way. If I'm suddenly fed up with your store system, and intend to keep the money i was going to give them, it stands to reason that many others plan to do the same. </gripe>

That being said, I feel better

If you were planning to spend "TONS of $$$" anyway what does the price actually matter? At the end of the day you can still spend tons of money.

Seafort
04-02-2013, 09:04 AM
I never intended to buy any Bits as game devs especially in b2p/f2p games tend to get greedy and price gouge their customers instead of pricing them fairly.
This is what's happening in PS2 now. The devs are nerfing a lot of the paid for guns and equipment so the new guns look great compared to the recently nerfed one.

If they've started this so soon it's only gonna get worse as time goes on. We either put our foot down now and give the devs a clear picture of what we think of this tactic by not buying any Bits or bend over...:P

Archangel
04-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Bought the $50 bit combo.

Im loving it.

Prices makes sense as in BETA they wanted us to see everything and afford everything to try everything. So come real launch they raised it to market value which makes sense to me.

Happy with my 116 inventory slots and my suit. Can't wait for new items to release!

AmishWarMachine
04-02-2013, 09:17 AM
In most mmo that have a cash store the prices in beta are less simply because it is for testing purpose, you don't have items and conversions at full price during beta because no one has the inclination or time, am I the only one who expected the change in prices for launch and doesn't see it as Trion being evil ?+1

/10chars

HAMcutter
04-02-2013, 09:29 AM
I did intend to spend money on swag but the price points are plain rip offs. Who the **** is going to buy a skin which is the equivalent of a subscription fee? $2 Skin?, that would be attractive...and knowing me...id have a ton of them ****s and surpass the $12 dollars anyways.

So while I am willing to drop coin which exceeds a subscription fee in a store for swag, I have to feel as if I am getting my money's worth.

REALITY CHECK: I just bough Hitman Absolution (AAA 2012 title) on Steam for $9 ****ing dollars...... and I got about 25+ steam games and counting ...that is how you do it Trion. So for now, your skins can die in a fire.

Hawkler
04-02-2013, 09:35 AM
I bought the inventory slots.. made total sense to me. Not bothering with anything else right now.

Malloci
04-02-2013, 09:48 AM
Everything you can buy from the cash shop is cosmetic or a boost. That being said, I will never buy anything from this cash shop the way the prices are now, im not poor, im not even cheap but im not a moron either. Paying the price of a one month sub for a skin is beyond ridiculous.

I don't understand why these game companies burn people right off the bat, if they just used reasonable pricing more people would buy their trinkets and people who are already buying them would buy more of them, screwing people over just makes people like me never look at the cash shop again and even question wasting our money on dlc content.

Btw im not really complaining, I don't care how much they want to charge people for trinkets, just letting them know how some of us react when we feel like we are being gouged.

Rat2man
04-02-2013, 10:06 AM
I was very ready to drop about 20 bucks into the market on launch. I actually felt that given the costings of outfits during the past beta (290 bits e/a) was a very reasonable and fair price (IMO) and so there were at least 6 suits I wanted to buy, in addition to the boosts and other coveince items. Now however I doubt Ill be spending much at all.

The one question I do have is: If a suit is unlocked, is it only for ONE charecter or is it unlocked for the ENTIRE account?

Rogue345
04-02-2013, 10:10 AM

I played a few that cost more then that and you buy the shirt/pants/boots/gloves/hat not a suit and its they are all random colors so it will look like **** unless you pay more to get the colors you want ._. but that was a F2P game not BTP

Travie
04-02-2013, 10:11 AM
I was very ready to drop about 20 bucks into the market on launch. I actually felt that given the costings of outfits during the past beta (290 bits e/a) was a very reasonable and fair price (IMO) and so there were at least 6 suits I wanted to buy, in addition to the boosts and other coveince items. Now however I doubt Ill be spending much at all.

The one question I do have is: If a suit is unlocked, is it only for ONE charecter or is it unlocked for the ENTIRE account?

I feel the same way, I even put in a little overtime last week to have some extra money to spend on bits...

Now I'm not sure I'll be buying anything from the shop at all.

Migrayne
04-02-2013, 10:12 AM
It comes down to getting us to use the shop. It not many use it even with high prices they make very little. By having reasonable price way more people would use it and they make more revenue. I was going g to buy several things and boosts with the lower prices. Now I won't spend a single dime on it.

Tibbs
04-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Do it the Walmart way. Don't take a huge gouge. More people will buy and that's where you get the profits. Go the current way and you get nadda. A little profit is better then no profit.

Opus
04-02-2013, 01:38 PM

Mine was the red glasses paired with the collective infiltrator suit. Neither of which is available.

l Calypso l
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
Is anyone on the Xbox even able to buy bits yet?

Pain
04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Wow, you weren't kidding. It's like 1400-1500 bits for the mountain outfit and its gas mask helmet, which is just under $20.

That's a little much..

Stoner
04-02-2013, 02:17 PM
Im really disappointed, pissed in fact!

I was about to buy the medium Bit Pack and noticed that they have upped the price from just a few hour ago. When I looked around earlier today (about 4 hours ago) the price was 20 for 2400 bits, but now its upped to 24 for 2300 bits. And I saw that they have upped the price from 5 to 6 for the little pack and they upped the big one from 50 to 60.

Im really pissed and will not buy a single bit when they up the prices right out of the bat. If they dont lower the prices back down really soon. I will just lay the game to rest. There are plenty of other games to choose from.

I have a couple of friends that asked me what I think of the game, curious if they should buy the game. I told them how greedy Trion have been this first day. They have not bought the game yet and will probably not.

Trion, you will probably get more $$$ the first days, but the customers will remember the greed!!

trollnest
04-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah, really hope this is an honest mistake...

Don Nawetta
04-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Im really disappointed, pissed in fact!

I was about to buy the medium Bit Pack and noticed that they have upped the price from just a few hour ago. When I looked around earlier today (about 4 hours ago) the price was 20 for 2400 bits, but now its upped to 24 for 2300 bits. And I saw that they have upped the price from 5 to 6 for the little pack and they upped the big one from 50 to 60.

Same for me. Looked at the prices at noon and now i wanted to buy the medium bit pack and realized the increase in price.

Im really pissed, wont buy any bits if they dont lower the price again.

Dixa
04-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Same for me. Looked at the prices at noon and now i wanted to buy the medium bit pack and realized the increase in price.

Im really pissed, wont buy any bits if they dont lower the price again.

being as trion is a us company it's possible the eu pricing will be subject to exchange rates.

Pizzarugi
04-02-2013, 03:27 PM
I do agree with OP. Until prices drop on cosmetics, I see no reason purchasing bits at all. Sure the outfits and headgear look great, but the outfits are certainly not worth $12!

freecreditscore
04-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Still no acknowledgement from any dev on this matter, and we didn't even get the right color armor from the UE/Collectors editions. Smh.

PowderedToastMan
04-04-2013, 12:17 AM
Keep in mind also that not all the skins that were in the beta are available at launch. There were at least 50 or so armors and helmets in the beta with a fraction of that(8 or so) at launch. This probably means the dlc packs will unlock more but you gotta pay more money for those...

Memphis
04-08-2013, 11:15 AM

This. Also, the pricing of these outfits are roughly the same as cosmetic items in other microtransaction-enabled games (So blame other MMO players! Yes, even GW2). Not *all* of them are going for that maximum being cited, as well. As for the lockbox weapons, we now know they're easily obtainable through playing as well.

That said, I will encourage people to continue boycotting items they feel are overpriced, as money talks. I certainly don't agree with ALL of their decisions--I find the Deluxe edition upgrade to be absurd.

foadhand
09-05-2013, 03:54 PM
whatever you do, just dont buy bits in order to buy lock boxes in hopes of getting something worth anything... ive spent around 250 dollars on bits in order to purchase lock boxes, and have NOTHING to show for it. I would ask for a refund but i know they wouldnt give a sh*t. they need to increase the drop rate in lock boxes if you are using bits purchased with real money. i am VERY disappointed that they actually think its ok to take money from people in exchange for greens and blues... i demand some kind of compensation for this. its rediculous!!!

QipQip
09-05-2013, 04:43 PM
You should have paid some kid the 250 to farm for you.

whatever you do, just dont buy bits in order to buy lock boxes in hopes of getting something worth anything... ive spent around 250 dollars on bits in order to purchase lock boxes, and have NOTHING to show for it. I would ask for a refund but i know they wouldnt give a sh*t. they need to increase the drop rate in lock boxes if you are using bits purchased with real money. i am VERY disappointed that they actually think its ok to take money from people in exchange for greens and blues... i demand some kind of compensation for this. its rediculous!!!

bigguy
09-05-2013, 04:47 PM
what dumba*ss bumped a thread from april

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 09:57 PM
what dumba*ss bumped a thread from april

That isn't even what makes your description accurate. The fact that he paid Trion Worlds $250 for bits for lockbox/lottery tickets is what makes it accurate.