PDA

View Full Version : Lag fix that MIGHT work for you. like it did me.

Fourlugas
09-04-2013, 11:51 AM
I've searched feverishly for the last few months for a solution to my lag problem on my xbox 360 on defiance. One article I came across suggested replacing my DSL modem. With everything else attempted, I went out and bought a Netgear DSL Modem/router and oddly enough almost all of my lag is gone. I also disconnected from at least every other major Arkfall, and since replacing I have not had a disconnect yet. I still experience some lag occasionally that I attribute to continued probable server problems, but the game is quite playable now.

I've worked at a few isp's and can tell you that many of them will get the cheapest modems they can buy in bulk to provide to their customers so it makes some sense that a better one might resolve some issues.

Just a suggestion for people that may want to try something else to reduce some lag issues. Not a guarantee! This was just my experience.

Good luck!!!

K Ron Spliffs
09-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I've searched feverishly for the last few months for a solution to my lag problem on my xbox 360 on defiance. One article I came across suggested replacing my DSL modem. With everything else attempted, I went out and bought a Netgear DSL Modem/router and oddly enough almost all of my lag is gone. I also disconnected from at least every other major Arkfall, and since replacing I have not had a disconnect yet. I still experience some lag occasionally that I attribute to continued probable server problems, but the game is quite playable now.

I've worked at a few isp's and can tell you that many of them will get the cheapest modems they can buy in bulk to provide to their customers so it makes some sense that a better one might resolve some issues.

Just a suggestion for people that may want to try something else to reduce some lag issues. Not a guarantee! This was just my experience.

Good luck!!!

BUT... ALL of the other games I play online do not have a single bit of lag... NOT buying a new Modem/Router just to play this game. Have spent enough on it already...

Fourlugas
09-04-2013, 11:58 AM
None of the others I play lag much either. But I do have some hiccups from time to time and even surfing. The other games I play on my xbox don't have as many people around me either. Like I said, just a suggestion if someone wanted to try it. I bought mine at walmart to make it easier to return if it didn't resolve any issues, luckily it did. That's not to say it'll help everyone though.

Also there are obviously still server issues. My solution to my lag doesn't mean I don't think they need to do some SERIOUS work on the game. At least acknowledge there are problems and not avoid them with generic emails and posts.

N3gativeCr33p
09-04-2013, 12:05 PM
In this day and age, I would rather have no internet at all instead of DSL.

Fourlugas
09-04-2013, 12:13 PM
In this day and age, I would rather have no internet at all instead of DSL.

I'd have to agree. I wish I had another option in my area.

N3gativeCr33p
09-04-2013, 01:25 PM
I'd have to agree. I wish I had another option in my area.

Yeah, I know the feeling... luckily for me, the wife and I finally moved to an area that had other broadband options.

Nefarious
09-04-2013, 02:40 PM
funny enough I read this and I have have a netgear modem.

Idk if that's the case of why I don't get lag myself, but I nvr could relate to other players lag problems in this game.

duction
09-04-2013, 03:08 PM
I'm on a netgear d6300 and don't lag, only on a adsl2+ line too... 14mb line