PDA

View Full Version : Severe Stuttering while playing.

Kasen
04-01-2013, 08:01 PM
I had this issue during beta and it's still going on now during live. It happens no matter what area I'm in even with no other players around. I have tried dropping my graphics to low and turning everything else off and still same Issue.

System Specs

Core 2 duo 3.0Ghz
Geforce 560Ti 1Gig Ram
8 Gigs of ram
1 Terrabyte Drive

Any tips or suggestions would greatly be appreciated and I know I need a i5 Processor :)

Thanks

Kasen
04-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Nobody else has had this issue? Is there a tech support forum somewhere?

Zadeth
04-02-2013, 06:34 AM
What do you mean stuttering? As in lagging? I am getting some lag and my character stutters around a bit too.

i7 Quad-Core (3.6 GHZ)
GeForce GTX570
8GB RAM
1TB HDD

Kasen
04-02-2013, 07:35 AM
No it's not lag I know that. When I'm driving on my ATV for example and I try doing any sort of turning the game will stutter, it's like if the graphics can't keep up. I noticed there are not many graphic options to change and not even an option for vsynch. Was there any troubleshooting forums during beta? I'm sure others have had this issue before.

Zadeth
04-02-2013, 07:37 AM
I guess I get that when I use my mouse to turn around.

ironhands
04-02-2013, 07:38 AM
i was having the same issue, it's server lag with the start/stop animations, it'll clear up later today once the load balancing is adjusted to compensate for the massive influx of players.

Kasen
04-02-2013, 07:39 AM
i was having the same issue, it's server lag with the start/stop animations, it'll clear up later today once the load balancing is adjusted to compensate for the massive influx of players.

Ok sounds good I'll cross my fingers :) Having a blast besides that!

ironhands
04-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Glad to hear it. Launch days are always laggy, so many excited for the game jumping in at day one, it's really no surprise, but it's a good sign that there are this many people playing.

KyrMirat
04-05-2013, 01:09 AM
I have an almost identical set-up to the OP, including same processor although mine is OC'd to 4.0 Ghz.

People need to stop telling others on forums it's their processor. There is nothing wrong with our processor, this is a common issue with new games. There are people with i5s having the same issue.

It's probably some just issues with certain hardware that will get cleared up with updates to the game and drivers. I saw the same thing happen in SWTOR and to a lesser extent GW2 in the last year or so and they got cleared up eventually.

I have updated drivers (sound, video), checked router firmware, ensured ports open, done latency fixes, various other suggested fixes like timerresolution tool. This still happens to me no matter what.

Here's the kicker and why I know it's not a hardware issue or processor can't handle it...monitor tools show fine, I am not even peaking as high as I do in SWTOR on high settings and shadows and this happens running on 1024x768 and low settings, bloom etc disabled. Sorry, not a power / pc can't handle it issue when it does it on the lowest settings.

Just getting old seeing people on forums telling other people they need to upgrade when that is just false.

So OP just give it some time, I expect with some client patches and potentially another nvidia driver update it'll clear up.

Freyar
04-05-2013, 01:10 AM
Could it be texture quality is too high? I mean.. 1GB is starting to be a bit on the short side these days.

Dixa
04-05-2013, 01:17 AM
that core 2 duo is bottlenecking your GPU. just an FYI

i was also running a core 2 duo when the 400 series first came out. i had to upgrade then just to get the most out of a 480 gtx.

PermaNulled
04-05-2013, 01:29 AM
I'm an AMD fan boy myself, I've been running a Phenom X6 lately and the game runs fine,
While I'm less of an Intel fan I can't really tell you whether a bottle neck is present or not.

But the best thing to do in those cases is benchmark it using that one software ( I'm too lazy to google for the name right now, but if the stuttering continues in the benchmark it is most likely if not your hardware the software running on your PC behind your game causing a bottleneck/resource hogage ).

In other notes have you tried updating graphics drivers?

Japkap
04-05-2013, 01:36 AM
I had this issue during beta and it's still going on now during live. It happens no matter what area I'm in even with no other players around. I have tried dropping my graphics to low and turning everything else off and still same Issue.

System Specs

Core 2 duo 3.0Ghz
Geforce 560Ti 1Gig Ram
8 Gigs of ram
1 Terrabyte Drive

Any tips or suggestions would greatly be appreciated and I know I need a i5 Processor :)

Thanks

Best advice i can give you is run system labs can you run it program and see if you atleast meet recommended in that program, im thinking not going to meet recommended maybe minimal, the core 2 duo might be 3.0 Ghz but it is slowing down your rig for sure compared to the Geforce 560Ti that card runs the game just fine, the 8Gb Ram is more then enough unless it is really slow speed.

Try system labs first and see what it says.

uxlapogi
04-07-2013, 10:46 AM
same issue here

Flush
04-09-2013, 10:21 AM
same here did anyone fix this issue yet? Here's something unusual, I also have this game on windows xp service pack 3 on the same computer and hardware and it's doesn't have this problem, run perfectly smooth on windows xp.

system spec:

Windows 7 home premium
intel duo core 3ghz
4gig ram
gtx 660 directcu II oc

Labarynth
04-12-2013, 02:11 PM
CPU is the issue I'm currently overclocking mine to 3.6 and that still hasn't made much of an improvement. If 4.0GHz doesn't work I'm SOL and cant play this game...

MarkyMark
04-12-2013, 02:15 PM

Hmm. Never had this problem, but it's only my third day playing.