PDA

View Full Version : September going to kill Defiance

JD nutz
09-05-2013, 05:43 AM
not played defiance for 5 days now, I have been enjoying Diablo 3 which is relatively glitch free (apart from BL2 style duping) this is the longest i,ve gone without playing since its release then theres GTA 5, which means RIP Defiance. The EU Servers have been dead for weeks now' only seeing the same players over and over again, I have started a NA character and if i go back defiance I would rather play on the NA server:p

MagellanD
09-05-2013, 07:42 AM
not played defiance for 5 days now, I have been enjoying Diablo 3 which is relatively glitch free (apart from BL2 style duping) this is the longest i,ve gone without playing since its release then theres GTA 5, which means RIP Defiance. The EU Servers have been dead for weeks now' only seeing the same players over and over again, I have started a NA character and if i go back defiance I would rather play on the NA server:p

It will be the beginning of the end. Even more so is October 1st when Online comes out.
Lets see
Defiance: Open world with some content updates
GTA V Online: Open world with some content updates
Defiance: Multiple but very similar activities you can do around the world
GTA V Online: Multiple Different activities you can do around the world
Defiance: Forced Single player instances when in a group
GTA V Online: Online MULTIPLAYER all the time
Defiance: Plans on expansion but really only add data recorder hunts
GTA V Online: Plans on real expansion from a company that delivers on promises.

Then Next Gen Comes out. More AAA developers are looking into this MMO open world shooter type concept and at early glances are already executing better.

R.I.P Defiance.

Tyger
09-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Yep... no biased opinions here bein' tossed around like fact... >.>

lulz.

NicodemusTNT
09-05-2013, 07:50 AM
You cannot kill that which has no life.

MagellanD
09-05-2013, 08:10 AM
Yep... no biased opinions here bein' tossed around like fact... >.>

lulz.

Go back in my history, I used to defend this game until they brow beat me over the head with a poor quality product.
If it was good I'd still be praising it but I am not a blind fanboi.

Thurak
09-05-2013, 08:36 AM
From looking at the forums I can tell you this is what its been like:
April: XX new game will kill Defiance
May: XX new game will kill Defiance
June: XX new game will kill Defiance
July: XX new game will kill Defiance
August: XX new game will kill Defiance
September: XX new game will kill Defiance

born2beagator
09-05-2013, 08:40 AM

This.

i still see a ton of people in the world on xbox. Easily 100 at sieges and major arkfalls.

Anyways, a game about stealing cars and running from cops isn't everyone's bag.

Nefarious
09-05-2013, 09:50 AM
GTA 5 online has a lot of content. And with that is going to come a lot of grief. Rockstar should of just stayed with its Epic Story mode and online game modes. And stayed out of the open world.

Take for instance the experience players have now with Defiance and the things they complain about on how elements in the game work. They cry about everything on how Defiance is to hard, or how they lost their gun because they salvaged it on accident, or how they got duped in a bad trade and got ripped off....I myself got pissed when I bought a tier box with bits. But that's all confined to maintaining items in Defiance. What else? What guns should be Nerfed? There are a few more but not many. Now, for such few things in Defiance there sure are a lot of posts nit picking at them.

Now think of all drowning aspects GTA 5 online is going to have and the potential problems with each of them.

You think such whining is bad on Defiance?? Watch how ppl get pissed in GTA 5 because their car got stolen and they didn't opt to buy in-game car insurance and now its gone...forever. You think its just going to be "Oh well" for players? Hell no! Fire and fury is going to rain from the skies! All these real life things about GTA 5 online which make it cool are going to change and most likely be dumbed down because no one is going to want anything to be hard.

And you know how ppl cry about those blatant cheaters that can't be stopped that show up on top of leader boards in every online game ever? Watch the same thing happen with the GTA 5 online stock market. Which is really going to get ppl pissed because that's going to matter in the game.

And you are going to see posts all over GTA 5's forum relating to so many things on how "Rockstar put a incomplete product on shelves!" "They bit off more then they could chew!" "Rockstar doesn't care about the player base! Only the lining of their pockets" "waaaahh waaaah waaaaah"

Watch...its going to happen. Unfortunately.

Not to mention as if everything is going to be hunky dory with GTA 5 online DL content. Its going to be the biggest cash sink your ever going to see. No doubt there is going to be DL content to by new clothes, gun packs, cars, boats, planes and everything else. More or less a lot of these things could/might be unlocked in game I hope, exempting unique things. But there are going to be "head start/short cut packs" for the things already in game. And of course no one is going to want to be out done, and everyone is going to want a head start/short cut at a chance to be better then everyone else. So of course players are going to buy it...And players are going to feel like their characters are high rollers with all this paid DL content they got, thats until...the next DL content comes out which just ups the ante for everyone because...idk..its going to be an armored Humvee which will be a must have for bank heist missions or god knows what else.

So Im calling it now. Buy GTA 5 for the main story. But don't get all hyped up for its open world online play. Because its going to be a hack/glitch/cheese fest. I guarantee it. Why? Because GTA is a popular name that draws attention to itself because its "Cool". Case in point, look at COD servers getting hacked to all hell. GTA is going to be no exception and its going to be target #1

Traxx
09-05-2013, 09:54 AM
The title says it all.

MagellanD
09-05-2013, 09:59 AM
GTA 5 online has a lot of content. And with that is going to come a lot of grief. Rockstar should of just stayed with its Epic Story mode and online game modes. And stayed out of the open world.

Take for instance the experience players have now with Defiance and the things they complain about on how elements in the game work. They cry about everything on how the Defiance is to hard, or how they lost their gun because they salvaged it on accident, or how they got duped in a bad trade and got ripped off....I myself got pissed I bought a tier box with bits. But that's all confined to maintaining items in Defiance. What else? What guns should be Nerfed? There are a few more but not many. Now, for such few things in Defiance there sure are a lot of posts nit picking at them.

Now think of all drowning aspects GTA 5 online is going to have and the potential problems with each of them.

You think such whining is bad on Defiance?? Watch how ppl get pissed in GTA 5 because their car got stolen and they didn't opt to buy in-game car insurance and now its gone...forever. You think its just going to be "Oh well" for players? Hell no! Fire and fury is going to rain from the skies! All these real life things about GTA 5 online which make it cool are going to change and most likely be dumbed down because no one is going to want anything to be hard.

And you know how ppl cry about those blatant cheaters that can't be stopped that show up on top of leader boards in every online game ever? Watch the same thing happen with the GTA 5 online stock market. Which is really going to get ppl pissed because that's going to matter in the game.

And you are going to see posts all over GTA 5's forum relating to so many things on how "Rockstar put a incomplete product on shelves!" "They bit off more then they could chew!" "Rockstar doesn't care about the player base! Only the lining of their pockets" "waaaahh waaaah waaaaah"

Watch...its going to happen. Unfortunately.

Not to mention as if everything is going to be hunky dory with GTA 5 online DL content. Its going to be the biggest cash sink your ever going to see. No doubt there is going to be DL content to by new clothes, gun packs, cars, boats, planes and everything else. More or less a lot of these things could/might be unlocked in game I hope, exempting unique things. But there are going to be "head start/short cut packs" for the things already in game. And of course no one is going to want to be out done, and everyone is going to want a head start/short cut at a chance to be better then everyone else. So of course players are going to buy it...And players are going to feel like their characters are high rollers with all this paid DL content they got, thats until...the next DL content comes out which just ups the ante for everyone because...idk..its going to be an armored Humvee which will be a must have for bank heist missions or god knows what else.

So Im calling it now. Buy GTA 5 for the main story. But don't get all hyped up for its open world online play. Because its going to be a hack/glitch/cheese fest. I guarantee it. Why? Because GTA is a popular name that draws attention to itself because its "Cool". Case in point, look at COD servers getting hacked to all hell. GTA is going to be no exception and its going to be target #1

I share a bit more optimism than that but I hear you and understand what you're saying. To Date no MMO or open world has launched smoothly. However the point I was trying to make was only that it's a company with better developers and proven methods and processes. They'll handle what happens much better.

What they have on their list for launch is already above this game 6 months in.
Yeah you're going to get whiners EVERYWHERE but at least GTA is being upfront. You're going to get your wallet and car stolen. It's called Grand Theft Auto. The format is Gangs. Those future complainers really have it coming to them if they expect rainbows and ponies from the series.

Just sayin

joseph021775
09-05-2013, 01:53 PM
I do believe that all of the new releases,consoles, and issues in this game will eventually kill it off. Even if this game was perfect it would happen because people want the new shiny toy. People like the GTA titles( I am not one of those) and for them that will be what takes them out of Defiance to others it will be a new console and ESO for example or any other number of games or reasons. I hate all the issues that pop up on this game and the extremely repetitive nature of it but I still play because I like the concept and it's one of the only games I have that isn't an long drawn out RPG, and it's good to sit down with (when you can get on and stay on) to wind down. Then again the argument can be made that Defiance could survive all of this by fixing issues and adding more story to do. NWN I found out is still going 11 years after it's release but at the same time that game's longevity is due to deep player involvement and created content and a social aspect you won't find with too many games. In the end it will come down to how many still play this game not everybody likes games like GTA and many will wait on getting a new console just due to the inevitable bugs that come with it, it's up to Trion to keep this game going it will be interesting to see how that happens.

philip sinclair
09-05-2013, 02:02 PM
lol--u dont like the game but u still on the forums ---LOL

N3gativeCr33p
09-05-2013, 02:38 PM
I share a bit more optimism than that but I hear you and understand what you're saying. To Date no MMO or open world has launched smoothly. However the point I was trying to make was only that it's a company with better developers and proven methods and processes. They'll handle what happens much better.

Yeah you're going to get whiners EVERYWHERE but at least GTA is being upfront. You're going to get your wallet and car stolen. It's called Grand Theft Auto. The format is Gangs. Those future complainers really have it coming to them if they expect rainbows and ponies from the series.

Just sayin

I completely side with your optimism, as well as what you've said. Also, I completely understand what Nefarious was getting at with what he posted earlier... unfortunately, more than likely it will happen... but at the end of the day it will be handled better. Bottom line. I'm just looking forward to some zany thuggery laughs with some of the guys from the DCUO league.

MagellanD
09-05-2013, 02:49 PM
I completely side with your optimism, as well as what you've said. Also, I completely understand what Nefarious was getting at with what he posted earlier... unfortunately, more than likely it will happen... but at the end of the day it will be handled better. Bottom line. I'm just looking forward to some zany thuggery laughs with some of the guys from the DCUO league.

Im going to reinstate my membership beyond free with PS4 for that! can't wait! Hope they fix the sound glitches.

As to the topic. Yea the complainers are going to be everywhere they always are. It's human nature and people.
I forget who's pic it was but the best explanation to this was in it.

"You killed me, You must be cheating or be over powered or something along those lines."

When I want a quick fix an pop in COD for some strange reason *puke* there is still smack talk and babies and people that just don't understand.

joseph021775
09-05-2013, 04:33 PM
My only real complaints are the issues that seem to plague the game and always seem to happen at the worst possible times, and some game mechanics ( no game is ever perfect). For example I dislike the load out system and wish there was a quicker way to swap to the needed weapon as opposed to having to go to the menu and become such a nice target. I do not like Nerfing at all a SAW is supposed to be a nasty gun, and I think when you shoot a person with a rocket launcher they should do more than flinch it's truly sad when a pistol can do more damage to an Ark crystal that a rocket launcher.

Wholly Fodder
09-05-2013, 04:41 PM
OK, let's admit that there have been some snafus lately with Defiance. Is it really that bad? Did you lose your job over it (or get kicked out of the basement)? No, probably not.

Personally, the only reason I plan to stop playing defiance is the Xbone. I am not buying any more games until then. Quantum Break and Titanfall look amazing. And I'm looking forward to what they plan to do with Thief.

And yes, I'm sure the Xbone will have a host of it's own issues.

joseph021775
09-05-2013, 05:26 PM
After the bugs the 360 had...I am quite scared of what evils the new xbox will have. I think when I do upgrade I'll probably go PS4 just for a change, but it will be a while before I do that since every game I want will be on everything and until they start to hit I'll keep plugging away on here because well lol I'm a glutton for punishment, even with it's issues I like the game it's feeding my sci-fi fix.

MagellanD
09-05-2013, 07:25 PM
OK, let's admit that there have been some snafus lately with Defiance. Is it really that bad? Did you lose your job over it (or get kicked out of the basement)? No, probably not.

Personally, the only reason I plan to stop playing defiance is the Xbone. I am not buying any more games until then. Quantum Break and Titanfall look amazing. And I'm looking forward to what they plan to do with Thief.

And yes, I'm sure the Xbone will have a host of it's own issues.

I can't help it. Only two "this gen" games will get my money.
GTA V and STICK OF TRUTH!!!!

im more excited for stick of truth personally.

JD nutz
09-06-2013, 03:54 AM
even thou i have stoped playing defiance (for now) i have still played it more than any other game on the 360, and i,ve played alot of games hardcore.

TAG
09-06-2013, 03:57 AM

Defiance is already dead, its gonna take them years to make profit. At least Trion will fail and I will never buy another product.

Sanguinesun
09-06-2013, 04:03 AM
Defiance doesnt need to worry on any other game or outside situation as a cause of any future demise. They are seemingly following a very distinct road map to bring it about themselves.

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Defiance doesnt need to worry on any other game or outside situation as a cause of any future demise. They are seemingly following a very distinct road map to bring it about themselves.

Hahahahaha you said roadmap....like they plan...
http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff428/FreeWilli/laughing.gif

Step 1.) Lets make the new DLC items REALLY expensive...YEAH GOOD PLAN.
Step 2.) Oh snap we ruined our worlds "economy" Lets drop it 97%, much more than we dropped the price of the actual game.

Sit back and watch people FLIP OUT

Tyger
09-06-2013, 06:23 AM
Go back in my history, I used to defend this game until they brow beat me over the head with a poor quality product.
If it was good I'd still be praising it but I am not a blind fanboi.

I don't need to/want to look into your post history. I don't care. I'm not here arguing your stance on the game, I'm here pointing out that some of what your prattling on about is just bitter opinions and presumptions. That's it. Nothing to do with being a fanboi. Unlike a lot of you here I don't allow hype to work my tighty-whiteys up in a wad then find a spot to suck back H8torade when things don't reach my lofty expectations. I don't praise this game nor bag on it. I simply read threads and point out posters for for the 'dumb' they allow to propegate.

GTA hasn't dropped yet so all your citing is developer hype. Way to break the cycle >.> Then you take one facet of the DLC and propose that that's the only thing to be expected for future developments towards Defy. Tech alread proven wrong with the chit-chat from last Friday. Want to keep going or you feel like powering down and learning from your mistakes?

Lemme' guess, you're super smart that nobody gets and I'm just a doodey-head for poking holes in your hackneyed philosophy of QQ.

...fanboi... lulz

It's like playing with ants when I come in here. Way too easy.

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 06:28 AM
I don't need to/want to look into your post history. I don't care. I'm not here arguing your stance on the game, I'm here pointing out that some of what your prattling on about is just bitter opinions and presumptions. That's it. Nothing to do with being a fanboi. Unlike a lot of you here I don't allow hype to work my tighty-whiteys up in a wad then find a spot to suck back H8torade when things don't reach my lofty expectations. I don't praise this game nor bag on it. I simply read threads and point out posters for for the 'dumb' they allow to propegate.

GTA hasn't dropped yet so all your citing is developer hype. Way to break the cycle >.> Then you take one facet of the DLC and propose that that's the only thing to be expected for future developments towards Defy. Tech alread proven wrong with the chit-chat from last Friday. Want to keep going or you feel like powering down and learning from your mistakes?

Lemme' guess, you're super smart that nobody gets and I'm just a doodey-head for poking holes in your hackneyed philosophy of QQ.

...fanboi... lulz

I like feeding the trolls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtNHuqHWefU

Tyger
09-06-2013, 07:45 AM
I wish you well with whatever game holds your fancy, Magellan. I'm sure you won't end up in another forum crying about how you bought a game that didn't live up to your expectations, and how the devs won't listen to your personal wants and wishes. It totally won't end up that way wherever you end up. Right?? I mean, it couldn't... Could it?

The only troll here is you, Mag. Maybe you could look into working on a gif of a petulant child holding it's breath and stomping it's feet. With your style of posting I'm sure it'll get a lot of run time. Oh yea, feel free to pop back in and post your GTA forum name when you leave. I dunno' why but the cynic in me sez you'll be over there knee deep in QQ the moment the devs decide to do something you perceive as an act against 'you'.

topcatfish
09-06-2013, 12:22 PM
too many games coming out over next few months to realy bother with defiance.
i can still play diablo 3 with the same people same will go for battlefield 4,black flag,gta v and then there is watchdogs.
i will then go back to defiance if its still there

duction
09-06-2013, 01:37 PM
xbox one will be the final nail in the coffin, nov 22nd baby!

PitBull76
09-06-2013, 01:43 PM
The only thing that will kill Defiance is Defiance...

Constant issues with new and existing content as well as these constant changes to cater to the "lazy player" will be what drives people away.

I have been playing since the beginning and with each nerfing have become a little more agitated. None are irritating enough for me to stop enjoying the game, but I have seen a lot of people quit (or at least claim to) because of this.

SupremeDDT
09-06-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm still enjoying the game. It would definitely help to see the console client move to next gen consoles. If they could or do capitalize on the guts of the new consoles and increase stability and whatnot, that would be fantastic. If.

IF.

Katay Bri
09-06-2013, 01:58 PM
I personally can't wait for the dramatic update to this thread... "October going to kill Defiance"

PitBull76
09-06-2013, 02:19 PM
I personally can't wait for the dramatic update to this thread... "October going to kill Defiance"

LOL

Indeed. I believe there has been something in every month since release that was supposedly going to kill this game. Fact of the matter is that, at it's core, this is a great game. Issues with disconnects and lag have hurt quite a bit, and the constant nerfing has as well. Whether it be drastic price cuts at vendors (but not at Defiance Store), perk slots opening far sooner than before, etc, I feel have all chipped away at the quality of the experience. It will not be GTA V, Destiny, or any other game that ultimately kills Defiance. It will be Trion's lack of effort...

joseph021775
09-06-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm still enjoying the game. It would definitely help to see the console client move to next gen consoles. If they could or do capitalize on the guts of the new consoles and increase stability and whatnot, that would be fantastic. If.

IF.

It would be a bit more prudent at this juncture (Yeah I know old reference) to see what bugs come with the new consoles before adding a game that has issues to work out on the older systems. And with how folks have complained to Microsoft about this game they may not want it. Also would it still carry the $20 price tag? Or why not just keep it PC only when support for the PS3 and 360 finally stops. This game gets tossed out on a new system with a new game price tag other than die hard players who would really buy it? I enjoy this game too but there are issues and I'm happy a few have for some reason never had the dubious pleasure of meeting them. Last night for instance I would get sever not available, time outs or really bad lag (but I did get the kill shot on the big scrapper finally so I counted the night as a success lol) New games will hurt the player base just because they are new games it always happens, me I have played quite a few GTA games and they are really not my type of game same can be said for any one of the billion COD games. The ones I want do not hit till later next year (waiting on the Diablo 3 price drop and to see if WWE2K14 is any better that the last few) But The Evil Within and Dragon Age 3 are what really holds my interest, even those won't stop me from popping on Defiance to just grind and shoot, I would have to get a totally new system and ESO to stop playing this game fully and not buying a new system just for one game.

Yun
09-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Yeah as a Veteran Diablo 3 player from the PC I can safely say I doubt Diablo 3 will be the game that has any significant impact on Defiance. Matter of fact as I played on the 360 the day after it released there was about 80 or so people taking part in Major Arkfalls and Volge Sieges.

duction
09-06-2013, 11:57 PM
In the xbox EU server all day yesterday at major arkfalls there was me and 2 other guys playing them..... Servers are a ghost town.

JD nutz
09-07-2013, 11:12 AM
anyone whos saying the servers are buzzing with people must be playing on NA servers, because the EU servers are well and truly dead, out of about 20 - 30 defiance friends i have added from the EU servers only 2 or 3 still play, if i was able to play NA from the start i would have.

topcatfish
09-09-2013, 07:34 AM
stopped playing defiance for a while,if they bring out more story line and new areas i would play again.
there is only so many volge i can kill before getting bored

Indra Echo
09-09-2013, 08:12 AM
anyone whos saying the servers are buzzing with people must be playing on NA servers, because the EU servers are well and truly dead, out of about 20 - 30 defiance friends i have added from the EU servers only 2 or 3 still play, if i was able to play NA from the start i would have.

Definitely dwindling NA side too. I have friends who may still play but more often are doing other things--they get lagged out, they don't come back for the night and maybe not the next day either.

Bob Blunderbust
09-09-2013, 12:06 PM

I cant wait to see the big post of 2014 is going to kill defiance

mindsouljah
09-10-2013, 09:25 AM
another price drop on console bundled with a vanity item and mount for rift... op might be on to something

four
09-10-2013, 10:56 AM
I dont see how Diablo is being considered amazing and gonna be part of the reason defiance dies... Played the demo... BORING. literally you walk around pressing the A button. THATS IT.

RevJynxed
09-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Yep the only numbers are on the NA servers because they are consolidating there. NA servers are the last of the player base.

TexasUncle
09-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I know everyone is saying that next week will mark the beginning of the end for defiance, I don't think it will come to that just yet, but a lot of players, and I mean a lot will disappear when GTA5 comes out, me included for a while anyway, but the faithful will keep going strong and these are the players that will keep the game going for a while longer.

joseph021775
09-10-2013, 02:34 PM
It will not be just one game, many of the titles mentioned are just the big name examples. It's going to be a gradual increase in so many new games that appeal to people, new systems, and frustration over the issues. No one thing is going to erode the player base it's really just the nature of gaming itself, we gamers can be a fickle bunch and some will stay some will go, others will play when they hear something new happened, they'll pop on play the new content (if it works lol) and then go do something else. I played ME3's multiplayer for example since launch and it went from being easy to find a game to you may get lucky and get two in a night and even then it got to be the same exact names over and over. What killed that was the fact support pretty much stopped and it was said nothing new was ever going to come out. Trion says there will be more but so far just from what we have seen they have just added a new Arkfall, and Sieges and when you have done all the main story, co-op maps, and side missions what is really left? By the time a new part of the main story and new side stuff has been added most will jump right in and finish it fast, and then tou are back to just doing the same things you were before. And if the game like the show goes by "seasons" are people willing to wait on a game that only adds new story once a year and then just relies on tweaking Arkfalls to keep a dwindling player base? It will either be interesting to see how his turns out or just sad.

Bob Blunderbust
09-10-2013, 02:47 PM
I just tried the xbox demo of diablo 3 and I gota say it doesn't look as good on xbox and its just as boring

torchlight 2 would be a much greater game than diablo 3 that's the game that shoulda came to xbox 360 and xbox one

gta 5 looks cool and id probly play that over defiance but id still pop in once and a while to see new stuff and after playing gta might try to take other peoples cars in game lmao

four
09-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Yup Diablo 3 demo bored the crap put of me I literally walked around and pressed A for everything. Open,press a. Attack, press a. Talk, press a. REALLY...

lil frier
09-10-2013, 06:53 PM
It will not be just one game, many of the titles mentioned are just the big name examples. It's going to be a gradual increase in so many new games that appeal to people, new systems, and frustration over the issues. No one thing is going to erode the player base it's really just the nature of gaming itself, we gamers can be a fickle bunch and some will stay some will go, others will play when they hear something new happened, they'll pop on play the new content (if it works lol) and then go do something else. I played ME3's multiplayer for example since launch and it went from being easy to find a game to you may get lucky and get two in a night and even then it got to be the same exact names over and over. What killed that was the fact support pretty much stopped and it was said nothing new was ever going to come out. Trion says there will be more but so far just from what we have seen they have just added a new Arkfall, and Sieges and when you have done all the main story, co-op maps, and side missions what is really left? By the time a new part of the main story and new side stuff has been added most will jump right in and finish it fast, and then tou are back to just doing the same things you were before. And if the game like the show goes by "seasons" are people willing to wait on a game that only adds new story once a year and then just relies on tweaking Arkfalls to keep a dwindling player base? It will either be interesting to see how his turns out or just sad.

I think it's more the nature of CONSOLE gaming that will be the problem. Over on PC, there are enough good MMOs (WoW, ToR, plus the impending ESO for starters), so Defiance doesn't have a whole lot going for it in that genre in the first place. However, consoles don't have a real MMO experience. It COULD survive as the go-to option on consoles, except it released in an awkward position. There is no backwards compatibility with the Xbox One, so as people migrate to that platform, the game will simply lose people CAPABLE of playing it, due to hardware changes. MMOs can survive better on PCs because of expansion packs and an unchanging hardware platform, but consoles do not have that benefit.

Qoh Helethe
09-10-2013, 08:11 PM
lol--u dont like the game but u still on the forums ---LOL

I think this daily... I would say a good 90% of the post I read.

Qoh Helethe
09-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Due to the fact that Defiance is not subscription based, I don't see a correlation between server traffic and game longevity. People who have the game already paid for it. As long as Trion doesn't lose Dodge, Axe, and SyFy as sponsors then they could keep the servers running as ghost towns indefinitely. They will do more specials (i.e. $9.99, Rift extras, etc...) to attract new customers, who will be unaware of the plague of issues that discouraged other players. Then Season 2 comes out and there will be another influx of new players. Since Defiance's model is relatively unique, there aren't many precedents to use as a guide to predict the future of the game.

Currently, I think regardless of the issues, the game will be around as long as the show. They were conceived and manifested as a package deal, so I'm sure it was pitched that way. Of course publishers like SyFy can always change their tune, but at the moment Season 2 is filming and is set to air in June I believe.

joseph021775
09-10-2013, 10:57 PM
I think it's more the nature of CONSOLE gaming that will be the problem. Over on PC, there are enough good MMOs (WoW, ToR, plus the impending ESO for starters), so Defiance doesn't have a whole lot going for it in that genre in the first place. However, consoles don't have a real MMO experience. It COULD survive as the go-to option on consoles, except it released in an awkward position. There is no backwards compatibility with the Xbox One, so as people migrate to that platform, the game will simply lose people CAPABLE of playing it, due to hardware changes. MMOs can survive better on PCs because of expansion packs and an unchanging hardware platform, but consoles do not have that benefit.

I have to agree there, until I think it was the end of 2011 I was pretty much a PC gamer for the most part. Consoles are in many ways a new medium for the MMO and there can be a ton of issues as we have seen with this game that can arise. Now to to get a good debate going would Defiance have worked better if it had just been a one platform title? On PC what often keeps any game going if the company allows it is community expansions, NWN and Skyrim come to mind for longevity due to the many mods that were made by players. I do see an issue with ESO when it hits mainly for the console players, who is going to want a subscription based game on a console? If we think the Defiance forums have a lot of complaining wait until people who pay monthly to play get started. While there is a market for MMO games on consoles it would almost be better to either make them exclusive to one system, or just two not 3 different platforms.

joseph021775
09-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Due to the fact that Defiance is not subscription based, I don't see a correlation between server traffic and game longevity. People who have the game already paid for it. As long as Trion doesn't lose Dodge, Axe, and SyFy as sponsors then they could keep the servers running as ghost towns indefinitely. They will do more specials (i.e. $9.99, Rift extras, etc...) to attract new customers, who will be unaware of the plague of issues that discouraged other players. Then Season 2 comes out and there will be another influx of new players. Since Defiance's model is relatively unique, there aren't many precedents to use as a guide to predict the future of the game.

Currently, I think regardless of the issues, the game will be around as long as the show. They were conceived and manifested as a package deal, so I'm sure it was pitched that way. Of course publishers like SyFy can always change their tune, but at the moment Season 2 is filming and is set to air in June I believe.

First I fully agree there is no real precedent for a game and show tie in and as long as SyFy keeps the show going the game will keep on. Second it only takes a little research to find out what all of the issues are, but at the price of 19.99 or 9.99 for PC people will try it out because it's no real loss. Third I can see it staying around as a PC game as long as the show keeps going. Microsoft will eventually once the new Xbox starts selling pull support for the 360. My comments on player base going away, stem mainly from just how gaming and gamers are especially on a console. There is always another big new game about to hit and the systems themselves have a shelf life, a PC is where many games find longevity, take NWN for example Gamespy just now stopped listing the servers for it, the servers while privately held can still be connected to and that game is over a decade old. Defiance can last it is just going to take Trion getting the issues under control and getting some interesting content in. I do not know how tied their hands are with what they can do but just from reading all of the back story there is a lot that can be done that would not give away spoilers on the show. Despite the server issues I still like the game and will keep grinding away lol, I wasn't disappointed with the DLC either mainly because I didn't buy it in truth the free content was enough and well I really did not want that damn truck at all.

Valdrane78
09-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Of course publishers like SyFy can always change their tune.

SyFy is notorious for this. They have screwed over GREAT shows to bring in crap. Take Farscape for instance. It was supposed to have a 5th season, however, SyFy said that their 4.5 season as the 5th and cancelled it in favor of Stargate SG1. While Farscape is hailed as one of the greats, SG1 gets put into the planthora of just decent shows. Other honorable mentions are BSG and Eureka.

I wouldn't put it past SyFy to cancel either the show before it's due or pull sponsorship from the game.

JD nutz
09-11-2013, 04:11 AM
Yup Diablo 3 demo bored the crap put of me I literally walked around and pressed A for everything. Open,press a. Attack, press a. Talk, press a. REALLY...

D3 is not boring at all if you played for 5 mins, so could leave a bs comment then you are missing out on a great playable co op game try making some friends (real life ) and play on the same tv, its the best loot game ever for couch co op lol and every button has a power so you just pressing A is bs also.

SeijuroHiko1981
09-11-2013, 04:17 AM

Just sayin

Youer also talking abought a game that considers muliti player as only 12 not thousands

Don Nawetta
09-11-2013, 04:22 AM
What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger.

Not a fact at all, just a prayer ;)

Qoh Helethe
09-11-2013, 09:32 AM
SyFy is notorious for this. They have screwed over GREAT shows to bring in crap. Take Farscape for instance. It was supposed to have a 5th season, however, SyFy said that their 4.5 season as the 5th and cancelled it in favor of Stargate SG1. While Farscape is hailed as one of the greats, SG1 gets put into the planthora of just decent shows. Other honorable mentions are BSG and Eureka.

I wouldn't put it past SyFy to cancel either the show before it's due or pull sponsorship from the game.

For sure I wouldn't put it past SyFy to pull the plug. But I don't think you'll find the causality in the server population of the game. Like someone else mentioned, every month has been "the month that was going to kill Defiance."

lil frier
09-11-2013, 11:18 AM
I have to agree there, until I think it was the end of 2011 I was pretty much a PC gamer for the most part. Consoles are in many ways a new medium for the MMO and there can be a ton of issues as we have seen with this game that can arise. Now to to get a good debate going would Defiance have worked better if it had just been a one platform title? On PC what often keeps any game going if the company allows it is community expansions, NWN and Skyrim come to mind for longevity due to the many mods that were made by players. I do see an issue with ESO when it hits mainly for the console players, who is going to want a subscription based game on a console? If we think the Defiance forums have a lot of complaining wait until people who pay monthly to play get started. While there is a market for MMO games on consoles it would almost be better to either make them exclusive to one system, or just two not 3 different platforms.

It would depend on the platform, I think. If it went to PC, no. The PC MMO scene is essentially owned by WoW, and there are plenty of other games (ToT, Guild Wars, Rift, etc.) which fill the gaps for non-WoW fans. There's too much saturation with the PC market for MMOs already.

If you mean Xbox OR PS3, I don't think it would have worked out, either.

Where the question become interesting is at the Xbox One/PS4 level. There, I'm not sue exclusivity matters. I think that a major hang-up with this game (on consoles, at least) is a lack of pure computing power. In Arkfalls, players become a generic model, taking away the in-world personalization of players (heck, it can even happen in small groups). It also has MAJOR lag coming in and out of fast travel, at times. I think the game would have played and been received better on the next generation of consoles, because this generation's just not strong enough to handle the CPU load for a MMO.

The genre is something of a unique beast because of how demanding it is, I think. To get into WoW, you are now required to level through Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, and Cata, then you have to go through Mists' leveling as well. After all of that (which I imagine would take a casual person a month or so), you are then FINALLY able to start doing meaningful things (heroics, raiding, arenas, etc.). There's a massive time commitment with MMOs, and while Defiance isn't like that, it's still a tough sell to get someone to leave a MMO for another, as you're talking about dumping months (if not years) of player investment, along with leaving a clan and/or real life friends. With games like Madden and Call of Duty, there isn't that matter of expansions to keep the game going long-term, so everyone just migrates to the newest one (since the older ones won't get physics/roster updates anymore). Non-MMO genres kind of force people to the next game, while MMOs lock you into a long-term commitment, making you hesitant to leave.

lil frier
09-11-2013, 11:20 AM

I haven't watched Farscape yet, but I'd say that SG-1 was better than an average show, but maybe that's the nostalgia talking. I WILL say, though, that Eureka really wasn't anything special. It was an entertaining show, I liked it, but it was limited in lacking major story arcs, in my opinion. Galactica, it was a great show, but it took me some time to get over the recasting from the original show (making a bunch of the characters different races and genders than they were).

SHADOWBROKER
09-11-2013, 12:12 PM
its going to hurt the game a lil but the real killer is coming in november!

Indra Echo
09-11-2013, 01:02 PM

...fanboi... lulz

I'm going to disagree with everyone here and even myself. We have one way only to ever change things and to ever be sure games are good and deserving of our money. Don't ever pre-order anything again. Resist the urge to get the special super powered cool looking stuff you get from collector's editions of anything. Don't buy special or limited editions. Don't pre-buy anything. Buy it when you see actual gameplay videos or better yet, try demos before you buy.

Then if you like the game and DLC comes out, buy it as it becomes available and never buy Season Passes (the name devs give to most DLC bundles these days). If you don't like the game, insist until you are told with all finality otherwise, on a refund. Don't accept crap. And don't just accept the word that no refund is allowed. Mass Effect 3 showed that if enough people are mad enough, companies will issue refunds-at first some retailers, but others will have to follow.

Don't assume franchise games will always be good and don't accept it if they are not. Also, expect DLC that is new and fresh and if all you are getting is some new content with a lot of old, rehashed crap open your yap and complain about it. But be specific and constructive. Don't just say something is a PoS and this is the last time you're going to buy from them. Most devs are not so concerned at keeping current customers--that means you're expendable. They're looking for the uninformed new guy to come play a cool looking game casually. Far better if they can get someone who really doesn't love the game they've made. It helps to get others who don't care so much so they'll spend $100, play for an hour, use the servers sporadically, and then move onto something else. Demand, yes demand better. Expect better. And yes, be "entitled" to something better than games devs don't expect you to play much, let alone finish.

If all you keep saying is something like "this game sucks" then people tend to tune you out. People considering buying a game just think you have problems (some may read what you say, but people wanting to have some fun, don't tend to think much of random meaningless "I hate you" threads). Be informative.

And don't be this person who is just certain that any new cool-sounding game that might be released a year from now will be the best thing ever. You don't know that, but your hype will mean less work for the devs making it. If everyone says the new Bomb Blasto 3 will be the best game ever known to exist and will be super special and do everything right, the devs don't have to say anything good about it (so they won't be accused of lying), and they don't have to make it as good as it could be. They know you're buying it, anyway.

In short, adopt a wait and see attitude. Games and some electronics are the only things that seem to have people imagining what they'll be like and then buying based on what they've imagined. If you wouldn't buy carpet that way then it's probably best to not buy anything that way.

I've broken these rules myself.

joseph021775
09-11-2013, 01:16 PM
It would depend on the platform, I think. If it went to PC, no. The PC MMO scene is essentially owned by WoW, and there are plenty of other games (ToT, Guild Wars, Rift, etc.) which fill the gaps for non-WoW fans. There's too much saturation with the PC market for MMOs already.

If you mean Xbox OR PS3, I don't think it would have worked out, either.

Where the question become interesting is at the Xbox One/PS4 level. There, I'm not sue exclusivity matters. I think that a major hang-up with this game (on consoles, at least) is a lack of pure computing power. In Arkfalls, players become a generic model, taking away the in-world personalization of players (heck, it can even happen in small groups). It also has MAJOR lag coming in and out of fast travel, at times. I think the game would have played and been received better on the next generation of consoles, because this generation's just not strong enough to handle the CPU load for a MMO.

The genre is something of a unique beast because of how demanding it is, I think. To get into WoW, you are now required to level through Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, and Cata, then you have to go through Mists' leveling as well. After all of that (which I imagine would take a casual person a month or so), you are then FINALLY able to start doing meaningful things (heroics, raiding, arenas, etc.). There's a massive time commitment with MMOs, and while Defiance isn't like that, it's still a tough sell to get someone to leave a MMO for another, as you're talking about dumping months (if not years) of player investment, along with leaving a clan and/or real life friends. With games like Madden and Call of Duty, there isn't that matter of expansions to keep the game going long-term, so everyone just migrates to the newest one (since the older ones won't get physics/roster updates anymore). Non-MMO genres kind of force people to the next game, while MMOs lock you into a long-term commitment, making you hesitant to leave.

I think you are right about the game probably would have been better on a next gen. I do have to ask does the generic model also happen on PC? And yeah there seems to be no end to MMOs on PC, I see ads for what seems like a new one everyday. A lot of the issue also is those who have not played an MMO do not have a lot of patience when it comes to the seemingly endless number of issues that comes along with one, I'm not giving Trion a pass by any means from what I have read the PC side gets a lot of the same problems and I really just feel sorry for the PS3 folks. One issue that I can see is inexperience, Trion had just Rifts under their belt and then jump to doing a multi-platform TV tie in MMO.

joseph021775
09-11-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm going to disagree with everyone here and even myself. We have one way only to ever change things and to ever be sure games are good and deserving of our money. Don't ever pre-order anything again. Resist the urge to get the special super powered cool looking stuff you get from collector's editions of anything. Don't buy special or limited editions. Don't pre-buy anything. Buy it when you see actual gameplay videos or better yet, try demos before you buy.

Then if you like the game and DLC comes out, buy it as it becomes available and never buy Season Passes (the name devs give to most DLC bundles these days). If you don't like the game, insist until you are told with all finality otherwise, on a refund. Don't accept crap. And don't just accept the word that no refund is allowed. Mass Effect 3 showed that if enough people are mad enough, companies will issue refunds-at first some retailers, but others will have to follow.

Don't assume franchise games will always be good and don't accept it if they are not. Also, expect DLC that is new and fresh and if all you are getting is some new content with a lot of old, rehashed crap open your yap and complain about it. But be specific and constructive. Don't just say something is a PoS and this is the last time you're going to buy from them. Most devs are not so concerned at keeping current customers--that means you're expendable. They're looking for the uninformed new guy to come play a cool looking game casually. Far better if they can get someone who really doesn't love the game they've made. It helps to get others who don't care so much so they'll spend $100, play for an hour, use the servers sporadically, and then move onto something else. Demand, yes demand better. Expect better. And yes, be "entitled" to something better than games devs don't expect you to play much, let alone finish.

If all you keep saying is something like "this game sucks" then people tend to tune you out. People considering buying a game just think you have problems (some may read what you say, but people wanting to have some fun, don't tend to think much of random meaningless "I hate you" threads). Be informative.

And don't be this person who is just certain that any new cool-sounding game that might be released a year from now will be the best thing ever. You don't know that, but your hype will mean less work for the devs making it. If everyone says the new Bomb Blasto 3 will be the best game ever known to exist and will be super special and do everything right, the devs don't have to say anything good about it (so they won't be accused of lying), and they don't have to make it as good as it could be. They know you're buying it, anyway.

In short, adopt a wait and see attitude. Games and some electronics are the only things that seem to have people imagining what they'll be like and then buying based on what they've imagined. If you wouldn't buy carpet that way then it's probably best to not buy anything that way.

AMEN. I learned my lesson with M3 and it's 4 ummm endings, and DLC that came out a year after most people had already beaten the game, all of it sounded pretty good but in the end it changed nothing about the ending or added much to the game itself by that point. ESO seems to be the next big MMO there may be something else before that, but I am not too sure how well the subscription model will actually work out on a console especially a new one, could be bad or good but as you said until it hits nobody knows. I think people base "what will kill a game " on personal preference, GTA at least to me is like the COD games all just cardboard cut outs of the last one. A lot of people will still buy these games and that's cool, but a combination of several coming out seemingly each month ans new consoles dropping will erode the player base of any game especially one that has the issues we see here.

Bob Blunderbust
09-11-2013, 03:59 PM
D3 is not boring at all if you played for 5 mins, so could leave a bs comment then you are missing out on a great playable co op game try making some friends (real life ) and play on the same tv, its the best loot game ever for couch co op lol and every button has a power so you just pressing A is bs also.

d3 is sooo boring it could be used as a sleeping pill if you can not sleep it will put you to sleep in under 10 mins

four
09-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Yeah Diablo 3 is definitely boring I could have more fun watching paint dry lol and yes I played for about an hour and you can literally press A for everything I did it trust me. And lol at the friends remark... Me and my friends dont sit on a couch together playing video games like 10 year olds we go out and interact with the real world.

Amack
09-11-2013, 07:57 PM

There is entirely too much logic and good advice in this post, it should be deleted! :rolleyes:

Frozen
09-12-2013, 12:49 AM
I know I'll be here until the holidays, when I pick up my PS4. Whenever Destiny and FF14 launch I'll be moving to those. I really do love this game, but all my friends have given up, and unless dlc 2/3 are incredible game changers I know they won't be coming back, even with their season passes. This really disappoints me. I pick up rpg/mmo/fps games to play with friends. (and pokemon to play with my daughter :D)

lil frier
09-12-2013, 12:57 AM
I think you are right about the game probably would have been better on a next gen. I do have to ask does the generic model also happen on PC? And yeah there seems to be no end to MMOs on PC, I see ads for what seems like a new one everyday. A lot of the issue also is those who have not played an MMO do not have a lot of patience when it comes to the seemingly endless number of issues that comes along with one, I'm not giving Trion a pass by any means from what I have read the PC side gets a lot of the same problems and I really just feel sorry for the PS3 folks. One issue that I can see is inexperience, Trion had just Rifts under their belt and then jump to doing a multi-platform TV tie in MMO.

I cannot say, as I don't have it on PC. I would imagine that this does not happen though, unless you're on a really old machine. Present-day PCs are MUCH more-powerful than the 2006 Xbox 360 (while I don't know the CPU comparison, the GPU of the 360 is modeled after an AMD card that is so old that Windows 7 didn't even support it).

And yeah, patience is a problem. People see the polish of games like Halo and Call of Duty, then consider anything less to be of poor quality. They don't get that rendering a world like that of Defiance or Skyrim is different, and having a non-scripted world like most campaigns do leads to a LOT more variables with potential for bugs (such as when mammoths go flying in Skyrim). That, and MMO folks are use the high-quality releases of WoW, which is 9 years old now. They don't get how a fresh game can lack the polish of one almost 10 years old, so they CERTAINLY can't be bothered to tolerate the lack of polish at the onset.

At the same time, the online gaming popularity has led to the release of unfinished products. By having an easy way to patch, games get rushed and released with many bugs, knowing that a patch is implemented easily.

Valdrane78
09-12-2013, 01:10 AM
That, and MMO folks are use the high-quality releases of WoW, which is 9 years old now. They don't get how a fresh game can lack the polish of one almost 10 years old, so they CERTAINLY can't be bothered to tolerate the lack of polish at the onset.

I'm sorry, but I am of the opinion that WoW is one of the most dated looking games out on the market. It certainly lacks the polish you say it does. Defiance on my XBox (slim) looks 10 times better than WoW on my desktop. Heck, I have a few arcade games on my XBox that look better than WoW ever did.

The problem with WoW and Blizzard is that they never bothered to update the engine for it. Yes it would cost a bit extra, but the little extra love they put into it would have been worth every penny. I'm sorry, but 8 sided wheels on catapults is NOT polish. Even when they did slightly upgrade the look of WoW it still looked inferior to MMOs that where older (Star Wars Galaxies).

Lollie
09-12-2013, 04:22 AM
I'm not even slightly interested in GTA V - it's full loot pvp. Bleh. I'll watch it destroy itself same as every other game has done in its own unique way past 5 years.

WTB one good game.

AmnesiaHaze
09-12-2013, 04:39 AM
PS4 will kill my PS3 :D

J_matt
09-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Another month another month kill thread can wait for next months kill thread lol

drackiller
09-12-2013, 04:49 AM
d3 is sooo boring it could be used as a sleeping pill if you can not sleep it will put you to sleep in under 10 mins
Been playing D3 since the launch, and i didn`t fall to sleep yet.
I stoped playing Defiance for a few days but i`ll get back soon.

And stop comparing Diablo to Defiance, they are different and they give different experiences. Happens that i liked the style of games like Diablo long b4 Defiance came in the scenario.
I have fun playing Defiance and i also have fun playing Diablo.
I`m a season pass holder so i think that Defiance will go fine without me for a few days...right !?

ten4
09-12-2013, 05:36 AM
Can't kill something that was DOA even before release. They could have turned this game around, I mean it had such POTENTIAL but massive firings and layoffs pretty much means this game will not get much better. We have to wait a FULL year before episodic content or story will come out, until then all that they will give us is 3x data recorders per DLC. Yay?

W/e. FF14 RR for my MMO fix with a side of BF4 for my shooting needs. I would love to play GTA V but it's looking doubtful if it will ever show up on PC. If they do plan on releasing it on PC then it will be a year min before that sees the light of day anyways. D3 is a decent game imo regardless of some complaints so you consolers are in for a treat; PC players have been beta testing it for a year for you. ;)

In the end, Trion made a poor product that is obviously failing to meet the initial dev costs so the suits are cutting corners left and right. Personally, I have had it; this game is going no where and they are not interested one bit in retaining players nor improving the game past the mediocre reviews. Get box, season pass, and maybe even some CS money, then find new people after the old players gets pissed and leave when they realize the truth: rinse/repeat.

Conneri
09-12-2013, 06:32 AM
It's absolutely bizarre to hear people talking about playing D3. The game was fun over a year ago while we all waited for Mists to drop, but it does not have much replay value to be honest. I got all five classes to 60, got one to paragon 100 (once it was released) and then just ran out of things to do. Loot and stat allocation is still terrible in the game.

In no way am I saying Defiance is stellar in either of those two aspects either though.

Tyger
09-12-2013, 06:34 AM
...definitely

Trust me... I'm one of the many if not the poster child for breaking this cardinal rule I now cling to dearly.

Everyone here more likely than not can remember a lil' phenom known as "The Matrix", yea? Remember when the Wachowski's felt like bringing the idea to the realm of MMO's? I had only been online for about 2+ yrs with my first 'self-built' rig and I somehow missed absolutley everything that was reported on the game's suck factor. I went out and got a copy and much to my dismay found out that b4 I had even popped the disc into the drive to load up, the game had been shuttered due to all of it's many, many, many issues. All because I was caught in the initial hype and still riding the wave of 'The Neo-train'.

Yes, it was straight up stupid on my part, but I only have myself to blame. I didn't rush to whatever forum was linked to that particular sh!t-bomb and rant about all my entitlements as a gamer or go on to cite the myriad of games coming soon to bury it. I sheepishly moved on with my once private debacle and took it as a learning experience not to let myself make rash decisions with my money/time. This game delivers what I figured it would. I've gotten my money's worth and I'm satisfied. Do I think the game is in trouble with how they are handling practically every decision - Yes. Is it stopping me from logging in and shooting things in the face - No.

Yea it's a rather blunt way of filing away most of what get's posted here but when you see poster after poster waste their time in a forum berating a game while shilling for another all the while expecting others to have a tissue/back pat at the ready, you tend to tune it out as junx posting. It's getting to the point where we got VG-Hipsters now:

"I used to love this game but now I hate it. Cuz' I loved it once my H8 is more established than any of you here so that makes what I got to say the absolute truth. Don't bother trying to poke holes in my Ideals with logic and reason, it just makes you look Jelly"...

Yea. Uh-huh... Maybe the quality of gaming life would rise if the quality of gamer wasn't full of ADHD driven lil' schlocks that wouldn't know a good game from the gaps in their questionable genetic coding. Think first, Act second. You may end up better off for it, and the gaming community wouldn't be the caustic cesspool of degenerative cause/effect that it's sunk to.

idonthideiblaze
09-12-2013, 06:43 AM
And here u are on the defiance server which means jus like all of us your addicted but can't really figure out Wat to...its called the game defiance

Black_Adder_
09-12-2013, 06:51 AM

a lot more text that is absolutely true - read his post

The thing for all new games is always the same - kids get hyped and get the game then they get owned and start buying everything they can get in game store, then they still get owned and start to cry about how life and everything else is unfair.

N3gativeCr33p
09-12-2013, 07:08 AM
The thing for all new games is always the same - kids get hyped and get the game then they get owned and start buying everything they can get in game store, then they still get owned and start to cry about how life and everything else is unfair.

Well said, kind sir (or madam)!! I completely agree.

MacDeath
09-12-2013, 07:28 AM

I think we'll see, 'Son of September will kill Defiance' before we see 'October...' It doesn't take very long to create a sequel.

Shogo_Yahagi
09-12-2013, 08:19 AM
I think we'll see, 'Son of September will kill Defiance' before we see 'October...' It doesn't take very long to create a sequel.
I preferred The Bride of September Will Kill Defiance.

That said, I'm so fed up with the lag and disconnects and broken pursuits that I'm barely getting on once a week to see if anything has been fixed. I started off playing a pretty fair amount despite the problems, then around the time the season ended, I dropped down to popping in for a bit each day to play a co-op or two and getting rep, to barely turning it on and always being frustrated when I turn it off.

drackiller
09-12-2013, 08:35 AM
It's absolutely bizarre to hear people talking about playing D3. The game was fun over a year ago while we all waited for Mists to drop, but it does not have much replay value to be honest. I got all five classes to 60, got one to paragon 100 (once it was released) and then just ran out of things to do. Loot and stat allocation is still terrible in the game.

In no way am I saying Defiance is stellar in either of those two aspects either though.
Most of us that are talking about Diablo are console players, so , to us this is a grand new thing.

And the valor of each game is in the eye of the beholder. Like i said before, stop comparing games.
Just Killed Diablo, now i can play a little Defiance again :)

lil frier
09-12-2013, 08:56 AM
I'm sorry, but I am of the opinion that WoW is one of the most dated looking games out on the market. It certainly lacks the polish you say it does. Defiance on my XBox (slim) looks 10 times better than WoW on my desktop. Heck, I have a few arcade games on my XBox that look better than WoW ever did.

The problem with WoW and Blizzard is that they never bothered to update the engine for it. Yes it would cost a bit extra, but the little extra love they put into it would have been worth every penny. I'm sorry, but 8 sided wheels on catapults is NOT polish. Even when they did slightly upgrade the look of WoW it still looked inferior to MMOs that where older (Star Wars Galaxies).

I don't think that you understood my statement, so I'll clarify: I don't mean how the game looks. I mean how the game behaves. My statement of "polish" is that we don't see the number of bugs on WoW. We don't see the server issues. The free patches with instances and raids in WoW are miles ahead of the joke DLC Defiance's devs have put out.

As for that matter of aesthetics, I'll disagree. WoW wasn't built to look like Battlefield or anything. It's supposed to be highly accessible. They would likely lose some (not MANY) players if they tried to update the physics and visuals, as it would lead to a need for a CPU upgrade (less-likely a GPU upgrade, but maybe that as well) for those on low-end machines.

But again, I really don't care about the graphics in that game. It's simply not a game known for its graphical prowess, nor is it one where I'd care to see it maxed out too much.

Milar
09-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Been away a few days...did *insert newest gamerealease here* kill Defiance yet?? :confused:

No? Oh well...maybe next week....

Troy Shepard
09-12-2013, 10:14 AM
My only real complaints are the issues that seem to plague the game and always seem to happen at the worst possible times, and some game mechanics ( no game is ever perfect). For example I dislike the load out system and wish there was a quicker way to swap to the needed weapon as opposed to having to go to the menu and become such a nice target. I do not like Nerfing at all a SAW is supposed to be a nasty gun, and I think when you shoot a person with a rocket launcher they should do more than flinch it's truly sad when a pistol can do more damage to an Ark crystal that a rocket launcher.

I have always found that "wrong". Plus to add to that, when a rocket hits a crit point it should do crit dmg and not the base damage. I was hoping they would have looked into that by now.

Valdrane78
09-12-2013, 10:34 AM
I don't think that you understood my statement, so I'll clarify: I don't mean how the game looks. I mean how the game behaves. My statement of "polish" is that we don't see the number of bugs on WoW. We don't see the server issues. The free patches with instances and raids in WoW are miles ahead of the joke DLC Defiance's devs have put out.

As for that matter of aesthetics, I'll disagree. WoW wasn't built to look like Battlefield or anything. It's supposed to be highly accessible. They would likely lose some (not MANY) players if they tried to update the physics and visuals, as it would lead to a need for a CPU upgrade (less-likely a GPU upgrade, but maybe that as well) for those on low-end machines.

But again, I really don't care about the graphics in that game. It's simply not a game known for its graphical prowess, nor is it one where I'd care to see it maxed out too much.

Again, I will have to disagree with you. WoW was plagued with bugs and errors for the first 6 months it was out. Heck, people couldn't even play the first 2 or 3 days it released because well booted.... And with every patch and expac, there is a host of new errors and bugs. A few game breaking, most not. Don't be so quick to put WoW and Blizzard on such a high pedestal. For everything they get right, they do something equally and horribly wrong.

ten4
09-12-2013, 10:53 AM
Again, I will have to disagree with you. WoW was plagued with bugs and errors for the first 6 months it was out. Heck, people couldn't even play the first 2 or 3 days it released because well booted.... And with every patch and expac, there is a host of new errors and bugs. A few game breaking, most not. Don't be so quick to put WoW and Blizzard on such a high pedestal. For everything they get right, they do something equally and horribly wrong.

Yea man, WoW is total fail. It being the most played MMO of all time, with 12+ mill subs at it's height clearly means it's a terrible game no one plays like say...Defiance.

To funny, my bet is you either never played WoW or you did but only for a few months at most.

I played 7+ years, it just got to old honestly but I have no regrets. Their standards are 1000x higher than Trion will ever have and that's for sure.

Misfit501
09-12-2013, 10:56 AM
You cannot kill that which has no life.

If it bleeds we can kill it.

Xaearth
09-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Yea man, WoW was total fail. It being the most played MMO of all time, capping at 12 mill subs clearly means it's a terrible game no one plays like say...Defiance.

To funny, my bet is you either never played WoW or you did but only for a few months at most.

I played 7+ years, it just got to old honestly but I have no regrets. Their standards are 10000x higher than Trion will ever have and that's for sure.

I have yet to meet a person who was able to tell me honestly that, at no point in their time of playing WoW, did they ever play only because it was what their friends were playing and not because they were actually enjoying playing WoW.

It's the Facebook of MMOs. They're filthy rich and the business model worked, but that doesn't mean it's something a fan of video games should applaud.

More on topic, I'm surprised no one mentioned the Shadow Warrior remake yet. :cool:

Bob Blunderbust
09-12-2013, 11:09 AM
wow was a great game its old but at its time was great and facebook isn't a fail eather

Bob Blunderbust
09-12-2013, 11:11 AM
someone should make a mmo called my lil pony spirit of vengeance an open world pvp mmo game with that title will make a lot and I mean a lot of money

Tyger
09-12-2013, 11:13 AM
I have yet to meet a person who was able to tell me honestly that, at no point in their time of playing WoW, did they ever play only because it was what their friends were playing and not because they were actually enjoying playing WoW.

It's the Facebook of MMOs. They're filthy rich and the business model worked, but that doesn't mean it's something a fan of video games should applaud.

...probably cuz' it was the biggest sh!t sammich at the time and everyone who was 'someone' took a bite so as not to get left in the dust. I got as far as watching a cousin play it for about 35 minutes or so. My opinion of that game was well founded b4 that particular moment and happily proven after said moment.

Oh and please, those that still drink the 'WoW kool-aid', keep railing on about the one-time 12 mill accounts. That's like citing the millions of people that chose Steamliner transportation over Air travel during the early 1900's. When you don't have actual competition at the time it's hard to boast about how awesome you are. Posters like you use statistics like drunks use lamp posts. Stability>Illumination.

ten4
09-12-2013, 11:15 AM

So it's like smoking and peer pressure. LMAO. Sorry man, that's just baloney and you are making stuff up. I had some awesome times in WoW and so did my 200+ player guild as well. No one, and I mean no one is going to play something they truly hate for years on end just because their 'friends' did. Me, I dun log into defiance no more. There is no point; NOTHING CHANGES OR IMPROVES. It's literally the same game I beta tested nearly 8 months ago. This is ok when it comes to SP titles but for an MMO? That is not acceptable.

Valdrane78
09-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Yea man, WoW is total fail. It being the most played MMO of all time, with 12+ mill subs at it's height clearly means it's a terrible game no one plays like say...Defiance.

I played 7+ years, it just got to old honestly but I have no regrets. Their standards are 1000x higher than Trion will ever have and that's for sure.

I played since day one, hell it's how I met my wife. I've had 4 different accounts, and been there for every expac released. The problem being, that each expac is almost exactly like the last. The game has not evolved all that much, it's stagnated in terms of gameplay and world. Sure they add a new race here or there, and a new area to quest in but the gameplay hasn't changed all that much and neither have the mechanics.

There is no balance, only new "of the moment" classes in PvP, with a few classes being far beyond that of others. The proof is there. 1.8 million customers lost in a month or so. That's almost $27 million a month lost in revenue. PEopel are speaking, will BLizzard listen, I doubt it.

ten4
09-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Posters like you use statistics like drunks use lamp posts. Stability>Illumination.

If I had 1% of the money blizz has taken in from wow, I wouldn't be here replying to trolls like you. Blizz set a benchmark that no one has surpassed as of yet. You can discount that all you want but fact remains that game is still pretty damn successful.

The Darkness
09-12-2013, 11:24 AM
If I had 1% of the money blizz has taken in from wow, I wouldn't be here replying to wanna be trolls like you.

ya, for real eh?

Xaearth
09-12-2013, 11:26 AM
So it's like smoking and peer pressure. LMAO. Sorry man, that's just baloney and you are making stuff up. I had some awesome times in WoW and so did my 200+ player guild as well. No one, and I mean no one is going to play something they truly hate for years on end just because their 'friends' did.

No. I'm saying it's a game that you played with your friends, that literally made it impossible to play with your friends unless you kept up with your friends. So, in the interest or possibility of wanting to play at some point in the future, you had to play now.

If and when playing now ceased to be fun, people kept on playing just so they could still have the option to play later.

And, like I said, the model worked. That doesn't mean the model was good for the consumer or the video gaming industry.

ten4
09-12-2013, 11:28 AM
I played since day one, hell it's how I met my wife. I've had 4 different accounts, and been there for every expac released. The problem being, that each expac is almost exactly like the last. The game has not evolved all that much, it's stagnated in terms of gameplay and world. Sure they add a new race here or there, and a new area to quest in but the gameplay hasn't changed all that much and neither have the mechanics.

There is no balance, only new "of the moment" classes in PvP, with a few classes being far beyond that of others. The proof is there. 1.8 million customers lost in a month or so. That's almost $27 million a month lost in revenue. PEopel are speaking, will BLizzard listen, I doubt it.

Let's face the facts....any game is going to lose popularity over time. WoW has taken over 7 years for that to happen which is pretty good compared to most games. Let's look at Defiance where people quit within a month or two. Can you honestly compare Defiance to that?

Conneri
09-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Let's face the facts....any game is going to lose popularity over time. WoW has taken over 7 years for that to happen which is pretty good compared to most games. Let's look at Defiance where people quit within a month or two. Can you honestly compare Defiance to that?
A lot of us quit WoW in the first few months too. It didn't really take off for almost a year and a half (Ahn'Qiraj and then Naxx was the big leap). So in a year from now, we could compare the two.

Tyger
09-12-2013, 12:59 PM
A lot of us quit WoW in the first few months too. It didn't really take off for almost a year and a half (Ahn'Qiraj and then Naxx was the big leap). So in a year from now, we could compare the two.

XD

The best part of Democracy is that your anecdotal evidence counters his and therefore blanks the 2 from being considered. Hahah, Rock the Vote yo'.

P.S. I will still consider your anecdotes though, Conneri :p

Iceberg
09-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Trust me... I'm one of the many if not the poster child for breaking this cardinal rule I now cling to dearly.

Everyone here more likely than not can remember a lil' phenom known as "The Matrix", yea? Remember when the Wachowski's felt like bringing the idea to the realm of MMO's? I had only been online for about 2+ yrs with my first 'self-built' rig and I somehow missed absolutley everything that was reported on the game's suck factor. I went out and got a copy and much to my dismay found out that b4 I had even popped the disc into the drive to load up, the game had been shuttered due to all of it's many, many, many issues. All because I was caught in the initial hype and still riding the wave of 'The Neo-train'.

Yes, it was straight up stupid on my part, but I only have myself to blame. I didn't rush to whatever forum was linked to that particular sh!t-bomb and rant about all my entitlements as a gamer or go on to cite the myriad of games coming soon to bury it. I sheepishly moved on with my once private debacle and took it as a learning experience not to let myself make rash decisions with my money/time. This game delivers what I figured it would. I've gotten my money's worth and I'm satisfied. Do I think the game is in trouble with how they are handling practically every decision - Yes. Is it stopping me from logging in and shooting things in the face - No.

Yea it's a rather blunt way of filing away most of what get's posted here but when you see poster after poster waste their time in a forum berating a game while shilling for another all the while expecting others to have a tissue/back pat at the ready, you tend to tune it out as junx posting. It's getting to the point where we got VG-Hipsters now:

"I used to love this game but now I hate it. Cuz' I loved it once my H8 is more established than any of you here so that makes what I got to say the absolute truth. Don't bother trying to poke holes in my Ideals with logic and reason, it just makes you look Jelly"...

Yea. Uh-huh... Maybe the quality of gaming life would rise if the quality of gamer wasn't full of ADHD driven lil' schlocks that wouldn't know a good game from the gaps in their questionable genetic coding. Think first, Act second. You may end up better off for it, and the gaming community wouldn't be the caustic cesspool of degenerative cause/effect that it's sunk to.

Did you get while Monolith still had it or after SOE took over and re-did the combat engine?

It was one of the first MMO's I had ever played, it was an Ok/Decent game, and yes it had a lot of flaws. With Defiance however, I did the same as you did with MxO. I didn't read up on it to much, saw a commercial and thought well, the show was good so the game can't be that bad.

I gave defiance a chance, its just not my cup of tea as it were.

Arsenic_Touch
09-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Did someone really say that defiance looked better on a console compared to wow on the pc? haha...

Iceberg
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Did someone really say that defiance looked better on a console compared to wow on the pc? haha...

I'm sure Sweet FX can fix that ;)

Tyger
09-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Did you get while Monolith still had it or after SOE took over and re-did the combat engine?

Must have been when SoE was still clutching the ip.

All I can truly remember was buying it from BestBuy Friday night, installing the disc at about 1 am Saturday morning, and then reading the 'closed sign' on the website b4 the .exe fired up.

v.v'

Arsenic_Touch
09-12-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm sure Sweet FX can fix that ;)

SweetFX would make consoles implode into a singularity and suck in the immediate area.

Mogulas
09-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Yea Diablo 3 is bomb, cant wait for GTA

Arcisen
09-13-2013, 09:53 AM
GTA has 500 ONLINE Missions !! cant wait to crack open my collectors edition

Trion Should put the Game on PS3 as a PLUS Game,

Schmiznurf
09-13-2013, 11:07 AM
GTA has 500 ONLINE Missions !! cant wait to crack open my collectors edition

Trion Should put the Game on PS3 as a PLUS Game,

Online won't be open until October.

PseudoCool
09-13-2013, 11:17 AM
ya, we know idiot

lol thanks for 5 week old news.....

still gonna be sick regardless

it sure is gonna be sick.. a game that exemplifies the decline of western society with it's wanton violence set in a realistic setting involving beating up "street women', stealing cars, killing people, and running from the cops.. and god only knows what they've put in since GTA1 came out.. that's not a game, that's a road map for stupidity.

It's literally the ONLY game I've ever thought should have a law against it, and I even supported the pron game that came out years ago.. but GTA series is just a disgraceful road to drive. Sad sad day indeed...

But.. that being said.. no matter how awesome GTA 4 launches and runs, Defiance is still going to be here.

Now.. when TitanFall launches.. yeah.. may be a different story.. but GTA isn't going to even be a dent in Defiance.

topcatfish
09-13-2013, 11:37 AM
it sure is gonna be sick.. a game that exemplifies the decline of western society with it's wanton violence set in a realistic setting involving beating up "street women', stealing cars, killing people, and running from the cops.. and god only knows what they've put in since GTA1 came out.. that's not a game, that's a road map for stupidity.

It's literally the ONLY game I've ever thought should have a law against it, and I even supported the pron game that came out years ago.. but GTA series is just a disgraceful road to drive. Sad sad day indeed...

But.. that being said.. no matter how awesome GTA 4 launches and runs, Defiance is still going to be here.

Now.. when TitanFall launches.. yeah.. may be a different story.. but GTA isn't going to even be a dent in Defiance.

defiance will fall on its own castithan blade,the thing killing the game is trion.i for one have stopped playing to see if things improve.i will play the new games,gta,battlefield 4,black flag and loads of others.there are plenty of choices out there do not limit yourselves to 1 single game

PseudoCool
09-13-2013, 11:41 AM
defiance will fall on its own castithan blade,the thing killing the game is trion.i for one have stopped playing to see if things improve.i will play the new games,gta,battlefield 4,black flag and loads of others.there are plenty of choices out there do not limit yourselves to 1 single game

Well.. thankfully I don't play on the xbox.. as a PC user there's literally a million titles out there in all sorts of genre's that I can play with. However, if Trion wipes it's own floor with itself, then it's not GTA or some other title beating them like the OP suggests now is it? Nope.. sure isn't.

And let's be honest, anyone who's been gaming more than a year has seen a bunch of games fail because of their own production company either not knowing what their doing or just pulling up stakes due to profit margins or whatever other reason. Unfortunately the games you've listed aren't going to even be more than a blip on my game radar.. I've got my sights set a few more months down the road to something really new and innovative.. not some rehashed trash.

Bob Blunderbust
09-13-2013, 12:31 PM

I always thought there should be a law against people saying there should be a law against it

Quebra Regra
09-13-2013, 12:34 PM
After several months off, I booted it up again to play... Only to find 5hrs worth of patch downloads before I could start. And that's with fiber to the modem, and hard wired.

:(

ten4
09-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Unfortunately the games you've listed aren't going to even be more than a blip on my game radar.. I've got my sights set a few more months down the road to something really new and innovative.. not some rehashed trash.

There is nothing new or innovative in the gaming industry, but feel free to think other wise! Those games that were listed will individually out sell Defiance by 100 to 1 or more thus proving that you are a minority when you say they are just a 'blip' on the radar.

Injury
09-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Yeah GTA is going to just dominate the whole gaming world! Yeah! No other game will ever need to be created again ever.

It's fun to get a mission to beat up prostitutes and pretend you're some kind of a badass virtual pimp. Nothing beats the thrill of jacking a drug dealer for their stash, cutting it with vitamin B & selling it back to them.

And GTA will have 500 missions! I CAN'T WAIT!

(by the way, I described 2 missions. If you do them in the south part of the map, then do the same 2 missions repeated in the north, west, and east... did you just do 8 missions, or did you do the same 2 missions 4 times repeatedly? I'm sure the marketing team counts it as 8 missions. If that is also how you calculate 500 missions, I understand very clearly why the notion of pretending to be a badass virtual pimp would appeal to you)

ten4
09-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Yes, Defiance is way way better than GTA 5. I mean, every single mission in Defiance is pretty much; go to X area and 'Hold to interact' 1-5 things. Repeat a 100x! That's #%#%ing brilliant man, PURE GENIUS! My god, why can't all games be this deep?

N3gativeCr33p
09-13-2013, 01:25 PM
It's fun to get a mission to beat up prostitutes and pretend you're some kind of a badass virtual pimp. Nothing beats the thrill of jacking a drug dealer for their stash, cutting it with vitamin B & selling it back to them.

Yeah... I know, right? Missions like this are the stuff that dreams are made of. And truth be told, it's still a thousand times more fun than a data recorder fetch quest.

Iceberg
09-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah GTA is going to just dominate the whole gaming world! Yeah! No other game will ever need to be created again ever.

And GTA will have 500 missions! I CAN'T WAIT!

(by the way, I described 2 missions. If you do them in the south part of the map, then do the same 2 missions repeated in the north, west, and east... did you just do 8 missions, or did you do the same 2 missions 4 times repeatedly? I'm sure the marketing team counts it as 8 missions. If that is also how you calculate 500 missions, I understand very clearly why the notion of pretending to be a badass virtual pimp would appeal to you)

As long as I don't have to go fetch a data recorder I will happily do those missions.

Injury
09-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Yes, Defiance is way way better than GTA 5. I mean, every single mission in Defiance is pretty much; go to X area and 'Hold to interact' 1-5 things. Repeat a 100x! That's #%#%ing brilliant man, PURE GENIUS! My god, why can't all games be this deep?

No way, I only had to hold & interact that plant sample mission 3x per type of plant, 3x per step, for 3 steps, so that was uhm...27! Twenty seven totally different missions!

(with rare exception, this is the model for online game missions / quests. New content generally equates to a slightly different environment - like snow instead of desert, or mountains instead of valleys - with the exact same "missions")

Nefarious
09-16-2013, 03:32 PM
GTA V is only 16 player online... .. .... ....

J_matt
09-16-2013, 06:52 PM
Lmao seriously now thats funny 16 player

Misfit501
09-16-2013, 07:21 PM
GTA V is only 16 player online... .. .... ....

That's about how many people are on defiance now. And eventually gta online will be populated with ppl of your similar level.

Nefarious
09-16-2013, 07:35 PM
Its just a disappointment that's all. Everyone thought GTA 5 online would be sprawling with players. Its good that its not because GTA is not ready for open world mmo play. Its better that its segregated to just game types like GTA 4. To much trouble comes with mmo's and if GTA were to play like that, guaranteed it would of been a cluster ****.

Nefarious
09-16-2013, 07:38 PM
That's about how many people are on defiance now. And eventually gta online will be populated with ppl of your similar level.

lol I doubt that. If GTA was populated with ppl of my similar level, it would be the most fun online play in the history of gaming. But sadly enough that's not going to be the case. GTA is going to be polluted with COD Yolos and Swag ***'s.

Escyos
09-16-2013, 08:21 PM
This is like saying Vodka is going to kill beer.

Beer will remain. Some people prefer vodka, some prefer beer.

SHADOWBROKER
09-16-2013, 08:27 PM
you guys talk alot of ****! all im going to say is red dead baby. they already did the open world thing and that is still talked about today. what has it been 5 almost 6 years. this game will never see that life span. please i dare some one to say it will last the next gen...please i dare you. but if you are still playing this it only means your poor and could not get the xbox one AND the ps4 witch is to say sad. eat your hearts out fan boys.

Nefarious
09-16-2013, 08:55 PM
you guys talk alot of ****! all im going to say is red dead baby. they already did the open world thing and that is still talked about today. what has it been 5 almost 6 years. this game will never see that life span. please i dare some one to say it will last the next gen...please i dare you. but if you are still playing this it only means your poor and could not get the xbox one AND the ps4 witch is to say sad. eat your hearts out fan boys.

Im getting next gen. And Im still going to play Defiance as my main online game. A lot of these newer games look cool but they don't have the lore and a TV show about the world that I like. To many times Ive jumped game to game and earned everything possible in them just to leave for the next one, Im done with that and Im not leaving Defiance anytime soon. Ill play the newer games but Im not going to put effort into building up my rank in them or whatever. Defiance has a lot in one package And still making progress. And along with that I put a lot of time into it. Im waiting for Elder Scrolls Online as my new main title but that wont be for awhile. And who knows, by then Defiance might be built up beyond my expectations and I will stay with it.

Game play and graphics are important. But I like the Idea that the TV show is connected to the game. I don't watch so much TV and I no longer want to jump to the latest titles anymore considering the rate they keep popping out. Defiance is a good fit for me now.

Tell the Witch there will be no eating of hearts here.

four
09-16-2013, 09:07 PM
"Tell the Witch there will be no eating of hearts here"

lmfao

MacDeath
09-16-2013, 09:16 PM
This is like saying Vodka is going to kill beer.

Beer will remain. Some people prefer vodka, some prefer beer.
And some people like both but... a person can only drink so much... or play so much.

I have many games installed that I CAN play. Some of them I haven't played for months.

As of now, Defiance is my fourth most active game. That means I don't play it at all most days.

Since there isn't any subscription fee, I have no issue with letting it set for days or weeks waiting for something new to try BUT Trion should care that I go days between logging in. If I'm not actively playing, I'm not spending money either (with Defiance).

Chilmeister
09-17-2013, 07:36 AM
I think its safe to say that Defiance has killed itself, ive not even bought anything new to replace it. Just gone back to old games where i can actually log on with my mates and play.

I honestly think Trion are stalling all fixes and DLC content because in the end the more players that quit the easier it is for them to just close it down.

This game could actually be Trions version of the Battlefield Earth movie with John Travolta it bankrupted the production company.

Pandur
09-17-2013, 07:51 AM
The only funny thing about these threads is that people are overhyping the "killer" games so much that they are inevitably setting themselves up for the next disappointment.

SeijuroHiko1981
09-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Dan Houser, one of the co-founders of the Rockstar studio, tells Polygon that, “At some point in the next weeks or months (affter the online patch releas) we will have to actually think about what we're doing next, and if we're going to do anything.”

The existence of GTA Online might mean that Rockstar will not launch any expansion for the core game and will choose to focus on adding new events and missions for the persistent online world.

sounds like there having the same problems that defiance is having with massonline player hosting

topcatfish
09-17-2013, 11:49 AM
gta online is going to have 500 missions of one sort or another with 16 player games,with the money they will have put into the game..way more than defiance i reckon it will work better.
as of now my defiance is in mothball mode there are too many new games coming along to devote all my time to a single game.
in some months down the line i will look into the world of defiance as i enjoyed playing it.i realy hope trion sort things out before destiny comes out to get a better foothold in the online game market,they may have to settle for being a testing ground for future games to learn what not to do.

MagellanD
09-17-2013, 02:06 PM
lol I doubt that. If GTA was populated with ppl of my similar level, it would be the most fun online play in the history of gaming. But sadly enough that's not going to be the case. GTA is going to be polluted with COD Yolos and Swag ***'s.

Unfortunate this here is the truth.
Forgetting for a second about the whack jobs populating the world I suspect a tiny rocky start (as all do have)
And some quick turnaround and some really solid dev work and gameplay with content.

Just sayin

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 01:05 PM
-In GTA people are buying money packs, losing their character and not getting reimbursed.

-Servers are constantly down.

-Everybody losing progress/money/characters online.

-So many glitches and bugs.

-Horrible customer service.

These are just some of the things players are saying. What happened? I thought GTA online was supposed to be flawless coming off store shelves. :rolleyes:

Nefarious
10-05-2013, 01:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udowg3YdOrY&feature=player_embedded

Xtorma
10-05-2013, 02:42 PM
-In GTA people are buying money packs, losing their character and not getting reimbursed.

-Servers are constantly down.

-Everybody losing progress/money/characters online.

-So many glitches and bugs.

-Horrible customer service.

These are just some of the things players are saying. What happened? I thought GTA online was supposed to be flawless coming off store shelves. :rolleyes:

All those guys who were extolling the virtues of rockstar and GTA5 are now over at the gta5 forums defending the craptastic launch of the multiplayer, and that company of fantastic do nothing wrong devs. in 1 month they will have posts the same as they have posts here. they will be swearing never to buy another rockstar game, never to trust hype ever issued by any game company. Untill the next title they think they are going to like.

Rumeyes
10-05-2013, 02:55 PM
Tell the Witch there will be no eating of hearts here.

Defiance is a 3rd person MMO shooter. The game has a storymode that can only be played in a 1-person mode. Once finished you have the Arkfalls and sieges that should be the MMO-part of the game, but it's more a zerg then actually teaming. The PVP is glitchy and exploits are allowed. For new content, the paid part of the DLC was so you wouldve been better of NOT buying it.

All these points made it that people left as soon as they finished the storyline. Now that does happen with other MMO's as well, but I have never seen so many leave so fast and I have to hear it is a constant all across the board? That is just downright BAD. I know some want to defend Defiance, but take a good look and understand some players are discontent.

This has nothing to do with taste, crying or not willing to wait on a possible potential a game might have. It's about what has been delivered thusfar. I dont really care about what other games do, but I do understand other games influence on the playerbase, whether you like it or not. Is Defiance a decent game? Yes, it is. Is it a good game? No, it isnt.

And lore, I know at least 5 MMO's that have more lore in their base game then Defiance will produce base package + all 5 DLC's to come and present it in a better way (which you MIGHT want to expect from a DLC).

I mean, it made me worry about if I had to start a new character on the NA server when I come back. Thats just frekkin shtako man. The guy has a point, I want to see more peeps playing.

You wanna go on a witch hunt, be my guest, but you wont find yourself to be a majority like in the Dark Ages.

Ashado
10-05-2013, 03:27 PM
All those guys who were extolling the virtues of rockstar and GTA5 are now over at the gta5 forums defending the craptastic launch of the multiplayer, and that company of fantastic do nothing wrong devs. in 1 month they will have posts the same as they have posts here. they will be swearing never to buy another rockstar game, never to trust hype ever issued by any game company. Untill the next title they think they are going to like.

Lol.
Its October and I'm still very much enjoying Defiance!

My gamer friends and family have been freaking out about the server issues all week. I've heard more insane corporate/media game review conspiracy theories this week. Its kind of funny.

I won't play GTA5. The trailer they were playing before launch on Hulu and TWC-OD was a total cheese fest. "Dis is legitimate bidness! 401ks tax returns and all dat." Oy. No thanks.

Ashlocke
10-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Trion doesn't need to worry about another game killing Defiance, Trion needs to worry about Trion killing Defiance.

marshy
10-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Yep don't know about your server but uk is a ghost town + GTA V has lots more to offer in single player and online.

N3gativeCr33p
10-05-2013, 03:51 PM
This is but one of the reasons why I rotate between a few different games pretty much all the time.

Chevota
10-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Why is it no one is really talking about the systems?

Is it that 360/PS3 just cant handle MMO's? Surely Defiance has to fight it, since there is no Next Gen option even being talked about, but surely Rockstar is looking forward... Could it be that GTA Online will be working 10-fold better on Next Gen?... Hm...

Inb4 - "Omg why GTA Online not work on my brand new system that came out a month agoooo that never got properly fixedddd"

marshy
10-05-2013, 04:01 PM
This is but one of the reasons why I rotate between a few different games pretty much all the time.

I have diablo 3 (ps3) and GTA V on the go,some new games to download from ps+, paid and waiting for my ps4

N3gativeCr33p
10-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Who knows? I can say with 100% certainty that I'm still not getting a next gen console right away. Plenty of stuff left for me to play with this round of hardware. Copies of the games that I currently own aren't going anywhere. LOL