PDA

View Full Version : Almost level 2000 and still no Legendary out of Tier Boxes?

SyRpFy88
09-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Just like the title says. I get allil frustrated after playing all this time to still not receive an orange items at all in any form and spending all my keys to unlock green weapons. I mostly buy the tier 4 boxes but have been trying out the Tier 3. Reminds me Mass effect with these boxes. But I'm obviously mostly done the game and just grinding for better guns but day after day nothing new. I was just wondering when most people got there first legendary? obviously I know some lucky b-sterds got theres in the first tier box they bought lol

Duelist_RayRay
09-05-2013, 03:12 PM
i got mine way back when i was 632.
Sorry for your luck bro;)

DVS999
09-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Level 2100 and got my first legendary item (shield) last night.

xxLOBOxx
09-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Contact me when I am playing and I will give you one.

Character Name: xxLOBOxx
Gamer Tag: BADAS5LOBO

greenmonster714
09-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Yeah man, it can be very frustrating. I started playing this game when it first launched. Opened tier 2,3, and 4's for a month before finally pulling an orange.

Farming salvage during the loot drop weekends is a great way to gain keys and up your odds at pulling oj's. You can us the loot drop weekends as a scrip builder and then use that scrip to hit the forums or in game chat to purchase oj's. Just hang in there man. The oj's will come in time.

joseph021775
09-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Just like the title says. I get allil frustrated after playing all this time to still not receive an orange items at all in any form and spending all my keys to unlock green weapons. I mostly buy the tier 4 boxes but have been trying out the Tier 3. Reminds me Mass effect with these boxes. But I'm obviously mostly done the game and just grinding for better guns but day after day nothing new. I was just wondering when most people got there first legendary? obviously I know some lucky b-sterds got theres in the first tier box they bought lol

I have to agree with the boxes being like Mass Effect's. I played that game since launch day and there were several weapons and characters I never unlocked and got a ton of junk. I have gotten 6 oranges since I started and while happy to see one I will never use half of them and only keep them around for that one pursuit. My first came I think at EGO 1500, I'm at I think 1830 now and I do not know if this helps but all of mine I got at Iron Demon, any other spot it's all greens and any blues are sawed offs or rocket launchers. Sadly lol my oranges are all 2 sawed offs, a rocket launcher, 2 detonators, and some infector.

Dark3nd Av3ng3r
09-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Beginners luck for me. First lockbox at EGO 73 got me an Orange VBI SMG. 1300 EGO levels later, and not a ****y bird. Luck of the draw I suppose.

joseph021775
09-05-2013, 05:41 PM
I'm mainly just after an orange grenade and shield now to be able to do the pursuit, What I am really after is to see if I can pull a blade from a box lol. It gives me something to do and a reason to do Arkfalls and sieges.

Kapt
09-06-2013, 06:44 AM
I played since day one. Was a arkfall troll for 2 months. Just tapping arkfall for the keycodes. I didn't get a single OJ from box until lvl 2900 or so. A few months later and 5 OJ's gotten. Yet none are good wpns. :(
...im ego 4850 now ffs!

Inferno78
09-06-2013, 06:51 AM
I received my first oj at EGO 512, a quick repeater sniper. My next came at a bit over 1100. Now I'm up to 13 ojs, ranging from EGO 2108-3200 (sold a couple I had)

Bob Blunderbust
09-06-2013, 09:28 PM

I heard theres a program to get free pizza or a orange item in defiance by reading books I forget that programs anme maybe if you google it will pop up

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6h2lm3vdr1qgcra2o1_500.gif

joseph021775
09-06-2013, 11:19 PM
I just opened a tier 4 and got 3 of the exact same pistol lol and a green grenade.

MechHED
09-07-2013, 12:31 AM
I hear ya. I'm almost at 2000 EGO and have had crap luck with finding a Legendary. I've just got one. A sawed-off shotgun (I rarely use shotguns...) from a tier 3 box. PHHFFT.

joseph021775
09-07-2013, 01:58 AM
My second t4 got me another orange infector yay..but did give me a purple particle bolt action which is very nice.

NicodemusTNT
09-07-2013, 06:27 AM
I got my first between 600 and 700. Tier 4s seem to be raining oranges lately. I 2 pistols out of one yesterday and an LMG out of another a couple days ago.

plantpot
09-07-2013, 08:34 AM

What server you on ??

I got two before I reached 1000 EGO then a real dry patch of over 2000 EGO levels and since dlc dropped I've been luckier on the Dark Matter Ark Falls than with lock boxes. I have got 3 from boxes but i opened a lot of boxes using salvage and scrip.

Jesus Squirrel
09-08-2013, 07:38 PM
I have had 10 so far. I am only EGO 1580 ATM.

mbergeron
09-08-2013, 07:39 PM
You ares still at a low ego level. Post when you hit 3500 without getting one.

Worldviewsinc
09-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Didn't get my first orange 'til about 2300 ego but my wife got her first one at about 400 ish.

Seen loads of posts about the best boxes to get them from and the general consensus seems to be Tier 3 but, in all honesty, I'm just past 4100 ego now and I have around 8 oranges and every one has come from a Tier 4 box, except for the orange shotgun I got from placing first in a siege a couple of days ago with a score of around 38500 ish at Stage 9 completion.

Spiltmilk
09-09-2013, 02:18 AM
Similar experience, I didn't get my first orange till after EGO ~2000 and it came from an Arkfall cache. Don't limit yourselves to Tier 3 and 4. Just grab whatever box you feel in the mood to purchase. For example, I got this blaster from a tier 2 box.

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5034/gv5z.png

Extremely craptastic stats, which is why I favor purple gear. Usually I grab at least two tier 2 boxes if I don't do enough Arkfalls, it's cheaper too. Otherwise, like you guys mentioned you can grab tier 3 or 4. RNG is random, go nuts.

Satanas Blanco
09-09-2013, 01:15 PM
I know how you feel. I am EGO 2100+ and still no Orange items from drops or lockboxes.
I have a friend who literally ****s orange items. I think he had 3 in one week from tier 3 lockboxes, a few from tier 2 lockboxes, an orange drop from an Arkfall and to top it off while at an Arkfall, while he was busy sniping, another player he didn't even know walked up to him, offered trade invite and just gave him an orange weapon...for free.

xilfxlegion
09-09-2013, 01:56 PM
I know how you feel. I am EGO 2100+ and still no Orange items from drops or lockboxes.
I have a friend who literally ****s orange items. I think he had 3 in one week from tier 3 lockboxes, a few from tier 2 lockboxes, an orange drop from an Arkfall and to top it off while at an Arkfall, while he was busy sniping, another player he didn't even know walked up to him, offered trade invite and just gave him an orange weapon...for free.

yeah, that was a great day. i have gotten three from dark matter ark falls. and have gotten two in the same tier 3 lockbox. but there are people out there that get a lot more than that.

xViolex
09-09-2013, 09:02 PM
The chance to get orange weapons has been increased from lock boxes and I managed to get on on my first try after the update

joseph021775
09-10-2013, 01:14 PM
My luck the last few days has ranged from meh to wtf. I have been getting a lot of duplicate weapons in tier 4s as of the last 3 days. I am not so much looking for oranges as much as something better than what I am using currently. Of my 7 ojs the only ones I have actually used were the detonators. But duplicates of the exact same weapon have been quite annoying, and then there is the green grenades....why? I can see those as random drops at Arkfalls and from enemies the same can be said for shields and even getting them from the lower tier boxes but from a 4 you kinda expect something a little bit better than what you can find pretty much just laying around.

jarmin kell
09-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Yeah I'm ego 3400 got 1 shield 2 pistols 1 semi sniper and one spanner I've farmed probably a million keycodes and all I want for Christmas is a particle repeater and inf-3 and no love. Yesterday number 1 in four major arkfall number 1 in 3 sieges and open 5 tier 3 boxes got 3 purp 2 blue and rest green almost threw the controller at the tv.