PDA

View Full Version : Attn Devs-Group Persistence integral to DLC2

DRonin
09-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Getting DC'd drops you out of your group and instance, currently this is only a minor frustration.
but getting DC'd and loosing access to an instanced major arkfall that you invested resources in would be rage inducing. Getting DC'd happens its a regular part of internet gaming and needs to be accounted for.

Most Games retain your group status and instance for a few minutes while you log back in.
This needs to be the case for defiance if DLC2 is going to be a success.

A s0t
09-05-2013, 01:26 PM
if you get back on to the same shard you dont lose your stuff for the arkfall, but before the ark fall finishes

Zugo
09-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Agreeing with you. So far the only work around we have is to either have a clan mate with you so that you can phase join on them, or make note of some random person and try to phase join that way.

After the DLC I do not get placed back in my phase after a disconnect.

DRonin
09-05-2013, 01:35 PM
if you get back on to the same shard you dont lose your stuff for the arkfall, but before the ark fall finishes

A s0t; Please Re-Read

I'm referring to instanced arkfalls proposed for dlc2 and group persistence issues

Currently if you are in a group and DC; you do not rejoin the group when logging back in, nor do you keep you place in an instance ie a co-op run
The issue needs to be addressed by the developers not "worked around" by the players. People will quit the game if they spend a huge scrip investment to call down an arkfall and are unable to get back in with their chosen group and progress.

A s0t
09-05-2013, 01:43 PM
when you get back in to the game does your friends not send a new group invite? yeah the game should put you back into the group on its own.

Pyth
09-05-2013, 01:45 PM
People still have friends playing this game?

All of mine moved on long ago.

A s0t
09-05-2013, 01:49 PM
People still have friends playing this game?

All of mine moved on long ago.
right you have to troll ERC ad make new friends with low levels

Zugo
09-05-2013, 01:54 PM
My last regular friend just vanished so I bought the game for my Father's 63rd B-day over the weekend. He's starting to give me the stink eye like when I got the car hung up on the hill side showing off to friends.

DRonin
09-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Please stay on topic this issue could be a game breaker

Yes currently if i get DC'd from a co op my guild can kick the random player that gets auto placed and get me in, this may or may not work in the new content.
however it will be a nightmare for 16 player groups randomly assigned and entering arkfall instances to get back in where they left off.

Zugo
09-05-2013, 02:03 PM

Yes currently if i get DC'd from a co op my guild can kick the random player that gets auto placed and get me in, this may or may not work in the new content.
however it will be a nightmare for 16 player groups randomly assigned and entering arkfall instances to get back in where they left off.

Here here.

I'd like to see this fixed prior to DLC2, and tested on PTS prior to going live. It has been invoking my rage ever since DLC1 went live, and has cost me countless keys.

DRonin
09-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Here here.

I'd like to see this fixed prior to DLC2, and tested on PTS prior to going live. It has been invoking my rage ever since DLC1 went live, and has cost me countless keys.

Ya now imagine what it would be like to drop 4 arkfall spikes(they are supposedly costly) and then DC loosing your instance and group and loose a chance at your keys loot scrip and XP rewards

DRonin
09-06-2013, 09:01 AM
No one else out there is concerned about this ?

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 11:16 AM

I know this is long-but I think getting lagged out of these new arkfalls makes them prone to failure.

This is likely to be an issue. As it stands this on demand arkfall thing does use resources. We have as yet no idea what will happen if say player A calls in the arkfall and people join--I don't believe they have discussed whether these would be selected teams or randoms or a combination. Arsenic_Touch did ask that question-I don't recall it being answered.

However, assume player A is with friends and calls in an arkfall and then gets lagged out. I know it's very unlikely that someone would lag out due to some new mechanic in the game and trying to do that with say more than one person at a time. Uh huh.

What happens if the person who used their resources to purchase that spike or whatever they call it--does that arkfall remain? And what if they can't get back into the same phase?

I have no idea what happens on the PC but on the xbox there is a way to get back in even with random players--join the phase. But it does not always work. And since you are out of the group, there's no way to go to the group. And not everyone is in a clan and that clan stuff--here's a new thought--it doesn't work. The function to join a phase isn't there now unless you are already in a group. But there is a way to sometimes get back into a phase but not to get back into the same phase coop you get lagged out of, or have to log out of because it's stuck for you. It's often a mess to try and re-join a friend even, good luck if they're all random players.

On the PS3, the only way I know of to get back to the same phase say if you are lagged out of an arkfall, is if you have a friend in that phase. Good luck if your friends no longer play the game. There is no comparable way on the PS3 to join a phase as there is through the game card on the xbox.

And the game most definitely does not put you back into the phase you were lagged out of--out of hundreds of times it has happened to me, only twice have I automatically re-entered the phase I lagged out of.

But the new arkfalls are more like coop instances. I don't think even on the xbox you will be able to use the join session in progress in order to get into that phase. It won't let you - it doesn't let you do it now when dumped from coop.

DRonin
09-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks for replying I'm glad i'm not the only one seeing the potential issue here.

Zugo
09-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Ya now imagine what it would be like to drop 4 arkfall spikes(they are supposedly costly) and then DC loosing your instance and group and loose a chance at your keys loot scrip and XP rewards

If I spent the time and resources to get these magical ark controllers and then got boot???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

Newat
09-06-2013, 12:09 PM
No one else out there is concerned about this ?
No one who cares about this game any more.

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 12:28 PM
If I spent the time and resources to get these magical ark controllers and then got boot???

Yeah ha ha because nothing like that ever happens now, right? Spend salvage on turrets at sieges, get lagged out, can't get back into that phase, wasted salvage. I can't see me grinding for scrip, getting spikes, and using them to call down arkfalls (seriously, who thought of that--couldn't they just make some minor arkfalls with interiors and only let in the first 20 people who get to them?)

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Thanks for replying I'm glad i'm not the only one seeing the potential issue here.

Yeah I'm sorry it was so long and kind of convoluted, but I just don't think this has been thought through enough. I've been asking constantly for them to create some easy way for us to log back in and return to a lost phase, but I don't see that happening--apparently grenades needed attention.

Zugo
09-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Yeah ha ha because nothing like that ever happens now, right? Spend salvage on turrets at sieges, get lagged out, can't get back into that phase, wasted salvage. I can't see me grinding for scrip, getting spikes, and using them to call down arkfalls (seriously, who thought of that--couldn't they just make some minor arkfalls with interiors and only let in the first 20 people who get to them?)

Damn, well we need someone to foot the bill. I was really hoping I could just come along for the ride after you plopped a bunch down.

Gah, I need new friends.

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Damn, well we need someone to foot the bill. I was really hoping I could just come along for the ride after you plopped a bunch down.

Gah, I need new friends.

Ha ha ha--I know. I just see a trend here. Instead of giving us more on character ways to boost our EGO, we get the external boosts that have caused a lot of frustration and anger and also do cause lag. Those worked so well that we'll now be able to buy our own with scrip.

Instead of arkfalls with interiors we need a new mechanic and new way to spend scrip to call down arkfalls with interiors. Instead of (I'm going to say it), turrets our characters can take with them (say on a raptor), we got turrets at sieges that require salvage.

How about instead of us carrying weapons, they have a weapons' locker we have to call down from the sky from which we get to pick a random weapon--that we can only get by trading in non-working orange weapons.