PDA

View Full Version : Alert: Removing Mod Hoards

TrickDempsey
09-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Update 9/10/13 - 3PM PDT: Any player who has previously purchased a Mod Hoard Lockbox has been given a Tier 4 Lockbox for each purchased Mod Hoard Lockbox, available in your claim window.

IE: If you bought five Mod Hoard Lockboxes, you'll be able to claim five Tier 4 Lockboxes.

~ Morgana

My fellow ark hunters,

We are aware that the “Mod Hoard” available at lock box vendors is underwhelming to say the least. We will be removing this item with the next patch. Our apologies will take the form of Tier 4 lock boxes given to those who purchased these rather unpleasant items. The “Mod Hoard” was not intended for public consumption.

I’d like to call your attention to the mod vendors present around the bay which now carry uncommon synergy mods for most weapon types. Each vendor specializes in only a select set of weapon types, so keep an eye out for new vendors. The synergies you seek may be found there... for a price.

Good hunting.

A s0t
09-05-2013, 03:09 PM
thank you
what about the mods for prepared bmg's, is their going to be prepared bmgs?
and scavenger snipers

Flank
09-05-2013, 03:16 PM
I have only bought a few of these "hoards" with resources, due to the sour taste they left.
Figured 1rst time was just bad luck. However I saw a pattern forming after a few more.
Are there any stipulations that apply to being compensated?
How will I know if I am reimbursed?

Could I possibly get 3, tier 3 boxes instead of a tier 4?
(This 1^^^ is just me being silly ^^^, unless it is a viable option) :cool:

HC One Stick
09-05-2013, 03:31 PM
Thank you so much those boxes were a joke.

thefndodge
09-05-2013, 03:33 PM
My fellow ark hunters,

We are aware that the “Mod Hoard” available at lock box vendors is underwhelming to say the least. We will be removing this item with the next patch. Our apologies will take the form of Tier 4 lock boxes given to those who purchased these rather unpleasant items. The “Mod Hoard” was not intended for public consumption.

I’d like to call your attention to the mod vendors present around the bay which now carry uncommon synergy mods for most weapon types. Each vendor specializes in only a select set of weapon types, so keep an eye out for new vendors. The synergies you seek may be found there... for a price.

Good hunting.

Hallelujah!!!!!! The Dev/Gods are listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it took them this long to hear our prayers and cries since before the DLC, they heard us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they are even rewarding the poor souls that succumbed to this horror!!!!!! Hooray for the Trion Dev/Gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maverick07
09-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Good move. Hopefully we see some more simple things like this that need fixed or that need to be added in. Such as...

Orange BMGs missing a stat
Purples in Von Bach Faction Vendor not getting 10% Damage Buff
Blue, Purple, Orange Volge Battle Rifle LMGs being available
VOT Auto Bolters from Soleptor Vendor being added to normal loot pool

Could list many more... just some examples :)

Billy Guile
09-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Trick wins the internet

JimmyRustler
09-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Good move. Appreciated.

Justified
09-05-2013, 04:48 PM
What do you mean by "not intended for public consumption?" Sounds like a lame excuse. Of course it was intended for public consumption. You can't code something like that into a DLC, run it on the test servers, let it go all the way through to "public consumption," then backtrack on it. The fact that you put man hours into writing it into the code tells us a lot. Just man up and say "we screwed up that idea." There's no shame in admitting when you're wrong. It just makes it look worse when you make up a lame excuse.

Arsenic_Touch
09-05-2013, 05:27 PM
So, you're going to reimburse the players that purchased it with tier 4 lockboxes but those of us that actually spent 1000 rep and 500k scrip on an orange charge blade a SOL, right? just like when you awarded playstation users boosts despite xbox and pc players facing issues a well. This is just lovely.
It's almost like you're trying to piss us off off and get us to quit.

jr_smurf_dog
09-05-2013, 05:30 PM
Hmm i have bought over 40 tier 4s and yall have said that yall have made them to give better items.. Well i have only gotton one orange out of those and its a piece of trash.

Arsenic_Touch
09-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Hmm i have bought over 40 tier 4s and yall have said that yall have made them to give better items.. Well i have only gotton one orange out of those and its a piece of trash.

They misspoke. After some prodding, they went back and altered the patch notes to better reflect what happened. Those patch notes were completely blundered. They left out a lot of changes and left in things that were already changed.

By better loot they meant (chance at charge blades and charge weapons) which is kind of funny because some of those charge weapons are just trash. CORE legion has a few members that spent millions in ark salvage on keys because we were under the impression that tier 4 lockboxes had better loot. Weren't we surprised after blowing millions that we find they ended up making the drops worse because there's more in the RNG pool. I blew quite a bit of ark salvage myself but we had members that spent more.

Newat
09-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Good to know ill be getting a box that has something not white in it for my 64 keycodes.

woodzee
09-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Hmmm...I actually thought that it was a good idea....just broke..or didn't go far enuff..
Buying a 'hoard' implies a small treasure trove of sort....so getting and least a guaranteed four mods, one for each mod slot, for a random pick of weapons and levels sounds good to me if patterned after the weapon lockboxes....making sure an even or better selection of yellow and blue mods are received. ..
At the price tho of 64 keys and the effort to get them..they should be all blues I think...that would be for any weapon....unless you can bring into the game more mods of purple and orange level. ..

Tekrunner
09-06-2013, 12:35 AM
So while you're making economy adjustments, could you also make it so that weapon vendors don't sell mods as specials anymore? They sell one green non-synergy mod most of the time, which is pretty much useless given how you can now buy these mods whenever you want from mod vendors. They should offer 2 weapon specials, to increase the chance of finding something good.

The Headlands transit mod vendor is also useless, as it only sells white mods, and it should probably be changed or removed.

And a suggestion: please let faction vendors have random hourly specials too. The number of weapons with mod faction synergies is incredibly limited, and makes most faction synergy mods useless.

Yardragon
09-06-2013, 03:12 AM
sorta good news...at the least there's a small effort.
T4s have never been good to this player...dice need modded on those.

Dracian
09-06-2013, 04:10 AM
Thanks for the 'refund', even if I only bought one after release.

I'd just want to say that the idea of a four mods lockbox was good, but badly implemented, the range of possible items being too wide. The same lockbox but with only T3 mods (with or without synergies) would have had more success.

Now, I have a question : what happened to the 'Catalyst' mods with synergies (mods increasing nano effect chance to trigger) ? To my knowledge and unless it was corrected with last patch, those mods are only available at mods vendor without synergy and don't seem to be 'eligible' for Special sales. Will this be corrected, changed, left this way ?

Awesome Jeff
09-06-2013, 04:14 AM
I found a legendary Infector in my inventory today, I am assuming this is from a Tier 4 given to me, as I bought a mod hoard just to see what it was all about.

Maitreakow
09-06-2013, 05:48 AM
So while you're making economy adjustments, could you also make it so that weapon vendors don't sell mods as specials anymore? They sell one green non-synergy mod most of the time, which is pretty much useless given how you can now buy these mods whenever you want from mod vendors. They should offer 2 weapon specials, to increase the chance of finding something good.
*snip*

While I agree with the rest of the post, please pay no attention to this portion, I love having a chance to buy a T3 synergy mod for 10k instead of putting all T2 synergy mods on my "best" weapons, as do many others unless I miss my guess.

N3gativeCr33p
09-06-2013, 06:01 AM
We are aware that the “Mod Hoard” available at lock box vendors is underwhelming to say the least.

Gee... you think?

Slyfox2001
09-06-2013, 06:28 AM
My fellow ark hunters,

Good hunting.

Is there anything that you guys can do right? Blunder after blunder after blunder. It's extremely pathetic. This isn't Trion's first game, nor is it Trion's first push at a large game. Why are you guys so good at screwing up all the time?

There is such a massive list of crap you guys have messed up, for one reason or another. Why?

"...not intended for public consumption..." Okay, I get that things you code today may never make it into the game or may later but you want to try stuff out... Okay, I'll pretend that's what you were going for. However, to put a feature into a live game that wasn't supposed to be there? Don't you guys have a repository or SVN or some crap like that?

Go one week, just one week without you guys completely screwing something up. Do you guys really go to work every day, ecstatic to be doing the incredibly shoddy job that you are?

'Bout hit my threshold here... geez guys. Can't wait for DLC 2! :/

dreadi
09-06-2013, 07:31 AM
When are the mod hoards being removed? Yesterday after the maintenance update they were still in the lockboxes. When and how do we get compensated? Will it be through claim items in store?
I would prefer 128 keys back please, yes I bought two, I know fool me once and all that lol ;-)

Dracian
09-06-2013, 07:44 AM
While I agree with the rest of the post, please pay no attention to this portion, I love having a chance to buy a T3 synergy mod for 10k instead of putting all T2 synergy mods on my "best" weapons, as do many others unless I miss my guess.

You still have the chance to find them as specials at mod vendors ;)

TravelerX1
09-06-2013, 07:48 AM
You know, 2-3 weeks ago this post would have been 20 pages long.......
Tick tock

HC One Stick
09-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Have the mod hoard boxes been removed yet cause I still have them in my game.

TravelerX1
09-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Trick, I am not sure if you will see this, but here goes.

Please.......
Please.......
Please.......

Read these forums for one hour today, and see that your community of players is crying out for someone.... anyone.... to save this damn game. We LOVE this game, otherwise we wouldn't care enough to keep posting.

It's not too late, but it is damn close.

N3gativeCr33p
09-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Trick, I am not sure if you will see this, but here goes.

Please.......
Please.......
Please.......

Read these forums for one hour today, and see that your community of players is crying out for someone.... anyone.... to save this damn game. We LOVE this game, otherwise we wouldn't care enough to keep posting.

It's not too late, but it is damn close.

Well said, kind sir or madam! ;)

Krazy Karen
09-06-2013, 10:53 AM
Is there anything that you guys can do right? Blunder after blunder after blunder. It's extremely pathetic. This isn't Trion's first game, nor is it Trion's first push at a large game. Why are you guys so good at screwing up all the time?

There is such a massive list of crap you guys have messed up, for one reason or another. Why?

"...not intended for public consumption..." Okay, I get that things you code today may never make it into the game or may later but you want to try stuff out... Okay, I'll pretend that's what you were going for. However, to put a feature into a live game that wasn't supposed to be there? Don't you guys have a repository or SVN or some crap like that?

Go one week, just one week without you guys completely screwing something up. Do you guys really go to work every day, ecstatic to be doing the incredibly shoddy job that you are?

'Bout hit my threshold here... geez guys. Can't wait for DLC 2! :/

No need to be so rude to the mods and devs....they have given us a game to play for months! U could like be a lil appreciative!

THanks for the info Trick!

*hugz

Dracian
09-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Our apologies will take the form of Tier 4 lock boxes given to those who purchased these rather unpleasant items.

Surprisingly, I have found no new items in my inventory, nor any T4 lockbox in my Claim Items... I suppose it's because the one I bought was purchased with Keys and not Bits ?

Maitreakow
09-06-2013, 12:09 PM
You still have the chance to find them as specials at mod vendors ;)

True, but with twice the vendors...

Awesome Jeff
09-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Surprisingly, I have found no new items in my inventory, nor any T4 lockbox in my Claim Items... I suppose it's because the one I bought was purchased with Keys and not Bits ?

I bought mine with keycodes, and unless someone gave me roofies yesterday making me forget I did not get it thru lockbox or similar yesteday, just found it in my inventory today.

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 01:14 PM
So, you're going to reimburse the players that purchased it with tier 4 lockboxes but those of us that actually spent 1000 rep and 500k scrip on an orange charge blade a SOL, right? just like when you awarded playstation users boosts despite xbox and pc players facing issues a well. This is just lovely.
It's almost like you're trying to piss us off off and get us to quit.

I can say in light of this had I actually finally gotten 500k scrip (that I was working on), I'd be done. I was grinding to get that scrip which I have now close to 300k and was passing up some deals on mods I really wanted just to keep going to 500k. I sold things I wasn't going to sell. If I had done all of this and then the next day the price dropped to 15k, I'd break my game disk. As it is I'm sort of glad to get more stuff from all that scrip, but aggravated I did all the stuff I did to get that. It took a lot of the fun out of the game.

I'm seeing all kinds of trends here. The statement that the mod hoard was not meant for consumption along with grenades cluttering up our inventories and needing a change in order to fit with us being ark hunters, and not wanting to call them ammo--this is making me sick.

I think they're preparing for changes in the DLC to come--things they think we'll actually want to use real money for, if only to boost scrip. The blade cost was ridiculously high and now is amazingly low for no reason. The mod hoards gave out crap stuff, so it makes me wonder just exactly what kind of smart loot grenades we'll be able to expect in DLC2? Probably white bios all the time. Not so smart.

People should get compensated for:
Lost real money--real compenation.
Lost resources (require in game resources compensation) in game for things that have reductions in pricing, or for items resources were spent on that were not as they were supposed to be (the mod hoards, of course).
Lost resources spent on things before lagging out. Use salvage on turrets and then get lagged out-either fix the lag, or get rid of the turrets as a salvage sink.

Brings into question again lost resources due to lag outs with the upcoming DLC--resources used for grenade stacks, stims, and spikes.

Furthermore, if they do intend that these new items will have some way for us to use real money to buy them (like say you can buy 10 stim/10 spike packs for $5), they'd better be thinking right now about how to compensate people who use them and are then lagged out.

BifBologna
09-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Redacted. Reading on iPhone at work.

LOOKxATxTHISxI
09-06-2013, 06:18 PM
How about pulling the tier 4 boxes as well. Still getting masses of green drops. Purchased with both bits and ark salvage. Any chance we may see blues and up only drop from those massive wastes of scrip and ark salvage and bits from us duped into believing the hype.

What about the 100's of thousands of ark salvage I wasted on opening up mod spots on weapons seeing as how everyone is crying about the blade cost/reduction now. Any chance we could get reparations for our losses as well? :)

Arsenic_Touch
09-06-2013, 08:37 PM
What about the 100's of thousands of ark salvage I wasted on opening up mod spots on weapons seeing as how everyone is crying about the blade cost/reduction now. Any chance we could get reparations for our losses as well? :)

While I would welcome such a thing, I doubt it will happen. CORE legion had quite a few members that blew millions of ark salvage because the patch notes said "better loot" weren't we surprised. x.x

TravelerX1
09-06-2013, 08:39 PM
What about the bits spent on Clan boosts......
What about some real compensation for all of the server down time......
Lost ArkFall rewards due to disconnects
yada yada yada.......

Bolgor_TheHound
09-06-2013, 09:17 PM
Me and most of my buddies have been boycotting those mod horde boxes since they were released onto the public....THEY SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE SYNERGY MOD CACHE ALONE....But hey while we are on the subject if they are taking out the mod horde boxes does that mean they will be putting synergy catalyst injectors & synergy converter mags in the AR, Pistol, And Sniper vendors??? Seems kind of weird the shotgun vendor is the only one to carry these items

twitch reflex
09-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Green effect trigger mods with synergies never appear at vendors. Is anything being done about this I actually prefer them over blue mods.

A s0t
09-07-2013, 07:26 PM
hey, in the live stream you say you play on the xbox. whats your gamertag? will you play with us from the forums?

Holy Bahamut3
09-08-2013, 10:17 AM

I'm with this guy, I used to get one out of every three or four T4's I bought. Now I'm on my 7th one w/o an orange and only 2 purples to show for them. It seems instead of increasing the T4's you have nerfed them.

A s0t
09-08-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm with this guy, I used to get one out of every three or four T4's I bought. Now I'm on my 7th one w/o an orange and only 2 purples to show for them. It seems instead of increasing the T4's you have nerfed them.
thats a T4 box not a mod horde box they are different

Holy Bahamut3
09-08-2013, 11:59 AM
thats a T4 box not a mod horde box they are different

I am aware, just bringing it up as an additional Issue.

iKON
09-09-2013, 01:47 PM
mod hoard gone, but where is my tier 4 i should get as apologize???? i spent 64 keycodes for one, but nowhere a tier 4 :_)

Atticus Batman
09-09-2013, 03:40 PM
mod hoard gone, but where is my tier 4 i should get as apologize???? i spent 64 keycodes for one, but nowhere a tier 4 :_)

They would put random guns in your claim items folder in the Defiance store. Check there but in order for you to know wich ones you just got, you have to know exactly what you already had there, because that is also the overflow place for when your inventory is full and you earn a gun. It is thrown there.

Flank
09-09-2013, 03:40 PM

Same here.. no tier 4.. (should be at least 2 for this guy)

Brisco County Jr
09-09-2013, 04:25 PM
My fellow ark hunters,

Good hunting.

Does "purchased" refer to bits only? Do those of us that spent keys get reimbursed also?

SICK_VENDETTA
09-09-2013, 04:43 PM
i bought two mod hords one i purchased the other was an accident .. nothing in my claim items !
smh

HammerCock420
09-09-2013, 06:48 PM
How many times have you experienced, "Your connection to the Trion Worlds servers has timed out" while in the middle or end of an Ark Fall/ Siege? You then re-enter the game hoping to leave where you left off, just to be let down... You get no items, no script, no ark salvage, nor xp reward what so ever. Unless your lucky & have a friend in the phase you timed out of for you to warp back to before that event ends... If not, then you've wasted 20+ minutes of time for nothing. Aggravating, & annoying to say the least.

If you have a keyboard hooked up to your console, what was wrong w/ just pressing enter to start typing in a chat window?? Now you gotta press left on the d-pad before you start typing in area/group chat? Annoyance.

Also I agree about how the mod hoard was b.s. It was way over priced to begin with... It honestly wasn't that bad before anyone on Trion's end decided to make it more than 16 keys for 2 random mods. Now your lucky to find a vendor that has what your looking for, instead of rolling the dice on a 16 key mod cash that was way cheaper. Before it was a bit easier to make extra script by selling your surplus items. Now it's completely irrelevant, & leaves little to no room to make extra $ when it's 10k a rip... It honestly makes me not even want to play this game anymore. I mean now you have to buy those mods individually & clean yourself out instead of buying 2 for 16... If the Plan is to have specials @ mod vendors, then don't only price them better, INCLUDE GREEN SYNERGY MODS, not just the non-syn ones. A T3 non-syn recoil reduction is = to a T3 Rolling Thunder Recoil Reduction? GTFOH

On a side note I'm glad I didn't get the season pass. Waiting for a dlc to come out, & then when it does there's a whole slew of issues w/ it, nah I'm good on that. All I've been hearing, & reading about is how people, "including friends of mine" who've played this game, & no longer do since they've been getting ripped off... Amongst the list of things wrong, like buying the volge helmet w/ real world $. Which is now available as a siege mission for instance, & not being reimbursed despite contacting Trion about it.
Oh yea, & there's absolutely no warning prompt if you were to accidentally buy a t2/ t3 /t4 box w/ bits whether it's due to lag or not... It's funny because there is a warning prompt if you were to buy w/ resources, go figure. I guess they like reading tickets apparently. Needless to say, like friends of mine, I will more than likely be bringing my copy to game stop for cash/trade for Diablo 3 if Trion doesn't fix the game, & leave it be. It is not worth the aggravation.

Chump Norris
09-09-2013, 10:52 PM
I have two questions about this..

Why wasnt the old synergy cache added back to the game?

Is there currently any way to get synergy nano converters for guns besides shotguns?

Calinda
09-09-2013, 11:50 PM
As I am on record here mentioning my disappointment with the "Mod Hoard" item I purchased, I thank Trion for choosing the high-integrity path of removing those items from the game. Even better, granting a Tier 4 lock box to those who purchased the "Mod Hoard" as a way of apologizing seems downright friendly. I applaud Trion's efforts to rectify this problem, and I see this as a step in the right direction.

Kaiselius
09-09-2013, 11:56 PM
i bought two mod hords one i purchased the other was an accident .. nothing in my claim items !
smh

Ditto for me, nothing but my character recreate in my store claim items.

iKON
09-10-2013, 05:51 AM
They would put random guns in your claim items folder in the Defiance store. Check there but in order for you to know wich ones you just got, you have to know exactly what you already had there, because that is also the overflow place for when your inventory is full and you earn a gun. It is thrown there.

no, already checked, first i did, but nothing there...but thx m8 ,)

Falandarin
09-10-2013, 05:51 AM
No T4 lock Box for me yet either. I only bought one Mod Hoard and seeing 3 white Mods it was the only one I bought. I did get a Charged Blade and a Legendary Detonator in one T4 lock box though. :)

HC One Stick
09-10-2013, 08:54 AM
I didn't get my Teir 4 Lockbox

Morgana
09-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi all,

Update 9/10/13 - 3PM PDT: Any player who has previously purchased a Mod Hoard Lockbox has been given a Tier 4 Lockbox for each purchased Mod Hoard Lockbox, available in your claim window.

IE: If you bought five Mod Hoard Lockboxes, you'll be able to claim five Tier 4 Lockboxes.

~ Morgana

iKON
09-11-2013, 02:30 AM
Hi all,

~ Morgana

GREAT !!! just wanted to say i'm really thankful and really appreciate this...great move by you guys ;)

Morgana
09-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Hi all,

Our compensation efforts have been completed. If you think you're still missing some Tier 4 Lockboxes, send a message to support@trionworlds.com and they can take a deeper look into your account.