PDA

View Full Version : Episode content, or... Anything...

jbob spittlewop
09-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Whats up with it? Will there be any new stuff before the new season? I'll be blunt, there isn't anything to do in the game. Waiting 4 months for 30 minutes of game play isn't sufficient reason to stick around.

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Whats up with it? Will there be any new stuff before the new season? I'll be blunt, there isn't anything to do in the game. Waiting 4 months for 30 minutes of game play isn't sufficient reason to stick around.

I've asked the exact same thing when I asked for a State of the Game address in another thread.

The response was not humorous, nor was it even relevant to the question at hand.

xThe Endx
09-05-2013, 11:21 PM
I've asked the exact same thing when I asked for a State of the Game address in another thread.

The response was not humorous, nor was it even relevant to the question at hand.

Im suprised you got one at all...

A s0t
09-05-2013, 11:23 PM
would love to see a dlc the size of fallout dlc or a gta 4 episode dlc

MacDeath
09-05-2013, 11:23 PM
He got a response; he didn't get an answer.

To the OP's original question. Episodic content is tied to episodes of the TV show, so, no, there will be no NEW episodic content when the TV show is on shut down. This is what the 5 DLCs are for, to give us new stuff between the end on the TV shows Season 1 and the start of Season 2.

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 11:24 PM

Technically, I didn't. Dahanese did a side-step, and did not address the questions in the OP at all. The thread is there, the one titled specifically asking for a State of the Game Address.

Check it out, and see what I now take as the writing on the wall.

xThe Endx
09-05-2013, 11:25 PM
He got a response; he didn't get an answer.

Yes i read. I'm suprised he got a response at all! Better? :)

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Yes i read. I'm suprised he got a response at all! Better? :)

Unfortunately, I got the exact response from them that I expected. The problem is, I was actually hoping they proved me wrong, but like I said: she made the writing on the wall we've all been gazing at come into greater focus.

xThe Endx
09-05-2013, 11:30 PM
What can you do eh? I've already given out half my inventory, and will finish it up tomorrow. Next gen is right around the corner :)

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 11:33 PM
What can you do eh? I've already given out half my inventory, and will finish it up tomorrow. Next gen is right around the corner :)

I play on the PC, but I am, at present, just about finished with Trion Worlds until they start at least repairing their public relations. The wife and I cancelled Rift earlier this week. Trion Worlds wanted so hard to compete with Blizzard via Rift (their original marketing made that clear), and in the end: that is exactly where the wife and I have decided to go.

xThe Endx
09-05-2013, 11:34 PM
To WoW? What server?

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 11:35 PM
To WoW? What server?

Yes, and our mains have always been on Earthen Ring, though you can now cross-server group regardless of home server.

xThe Endx
09-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Yeah im on Frostwolf and Alterac Mountains. I quit a couple months ago but im going back, like always lol. I've been kind of curious as to how 5.3 affected pvp.

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Yeah im on Frostwolf and Alterac Mountains. I quit a couple months ago but im going back, like always lol. I've been kind of curious as to how 5.3 affected pvp.

I haven't tested PvP yet, as I am getting my Hunter from level 88 to 90 right now on limited play time. My 20 year old has enjoyed the changes, though, and he PvPs a ton when he isn't working or out with the girl.

I'm looking forward to Patch 5.4 on Tuesday, though.

xThe Endx
09-05-2013, 11:44 PM
I haven't tested PvP yet, as I am getting my Hunter from level 88 to 90 right now on limited play time. My 20 year old has enjoyed the changes, though, and he PvPs a ton when he isn't working or out with the girl.

I'm looking forward to Patch 5.4 on Tuesday, though.

Hunter is the way to go! Have a 90 BM on each server lol

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 11:45 PM
Hunter is the way to go! Have a 90 BM on each server lol

BM is definitely the spec once again.

xThe Endx
09-05-2013, 11:48 PM
TBH i never liked BM cuz i hated having to rely on a pet. MM was always my spec but since they nerfed it into oblivion i got stuck running BM lol

Rasczak
09-05-2013, 11:49 PM
TBH i never liked BM cuz i hated having to rely on a pet. MM was always my spec but since they nerfed it into oblivion i got stuck running BM lol

Pre-MoP, Survival was king.

Post-MoP, BM is king again.

Don't swewat it, it'll swing back toward MM next. :p

xThe Endx
09-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Lol we shall see!

Arsenic_Touch
09-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Dahanese said "coming months" so who knows.

Rasczak
09-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Dahanese said "coming months" so who knows.

I would ask: of what year, but would probably get some cryptic response about future predictions, planetary phases, or something unrelated, instead. I already saw how asking a simple, direct question worked out for me Thursday evening.

xThe Endx
09-06-2013, 12:03 AM
I would ask: of what year, but would probably get some cryptic response about future predictions, planetary phases, or something unrelated, instead. I already saw how asking a simple, direct question worked out for me Thursday evening.

hahahahahah

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 06:44 AM
As much as I harp on the "content" of the game. Data recorder hunts, etc etc.
I think during this break the developers are not tied to a specific release schedule or timed release they have to get done.

This in theory SHOULD be the time they are using to fix the game crippling bugs. I think the whole thing that set this off was first the bad planning and bad early decision making, but behind that was a scheduled release tied to the show and the episodic content *cough lantern and data recorder hunts*

However I don't think they're using this time wisely though.

N3gativeCr33p
09-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Dahanese did a side-step, and did not address the questions in the OP at all.

Sure seemed that way to me, as well.