PDA

View Full Version : Volge Violence

MaranThila Queko
09-06-2013, 07:16 AM
I know this has been brought up before, by multiple people since the DLC came out, but is there any sort of time frame on *when* the bug with this is going to be fixed? My husband and I have both completed each of the Volge Siege types more than once and its the one thing that won't complete so we can finish this mission.

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 07:26 AM
I know this has been brought up before, by multiple people since the DLC came out, but is there any sort of time frame on *when* the bug with this is going to be fixed? My husband and I have both completed each of the Volge Siege types more than once and its the one thing that won't complete so we can finish this mission.

They just had a patch which lowered prices and this wasn't on the list...So I expect they don't care about the game breaking issues...still

MaranThila Queko
09-06-2013, 07:27 AM
I didn't want to make that assumption and was hoping it might be part of some bigger fix somewhere down the line.

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Actually come to think of it this type of bug would probably be client side and couldn't be included.
That being said many client side patches have never had the fixes needed put into them even till now.

So it may be a wait...but don't hold your breath..might be three client patches from now.

Ju99l3r
09-06-2013, 08:14 AM
I'd suggest raising a ticket about this in-game. I had the same issue with regards to completing all of the Volge Siege types as well as getting to Level 10 in a siege. I had also been able to complete both pursuits a few times but they didn't update. Trion "pushed" them to the next step and when I logged on the next time they were completed.

SydSynister
09-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I'd suggest raising a ticket about this in-game. I had the same issue with regards to completing all of the Volge Siege types as well as getting to Level 10 in a siege. I had also been able to complete both pursuits a few times but they didn't update. Trion "pushed" them to the next step and when I logged on the next time they were completed.

I tried that too, but I couldn't get a response out of Trion. Normally they've responded to the tickets I've sent fairly quickly, but not in this case. It's been open for over a week.

Arsenic_Touch
09-06-2013, 01:22 PM
If you want your volge violence pursuit fixed. Use live chat. Instead of click game support, choose technical support. You will get a reply and the GM will fix it for you. (if you get one that won't, tell them that they are in dereliction of their duty and that they need to shape up, then close it out and open it back up and hope you get a competent GM)

They seem to be ignoring tickets.

jltoney
09-06-2013, 01:22 PM
I have had a ticket on this for over a week as well. I am not sure why we can't at least get a response or an official remark regarding the issue. It would seem like a fairly easy fix, but I guess not.

SydSynister
09-06-2013, 01:36 PM
If you want your volge violence pursuit fixed. Use live chat. Instead of click game support, choose technical support. You will get a reply and the GM will fix it for you. (if you get one that won't, tell them that they are in dereliction of their duty and that they need to shape up, then close it out and open it back up and hope you get a competent GM)

Thanks for posting this, I'll give it a shot!

danzig256k
09-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I tried that too, but I couldn't get a response out of Trion. Normally they've responded to the tickets I've sent fairly quickly, but not in this case. It's been open for over a week.

so far my experience with the ticket system has been responses with an "you're S.O.L." reply..

DarknessEyes PT
09-08-2013, 04:55 PM
Use live chat to complete the persuit:

Hello Ark Hunter,

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with Volge Violence. I have advanced the step in the pursuit for you and you should be able to continue to progress on this pursuit once again. If the issue persists, reply back to this ticket letting me know and I'll be more than happy to take another look into the matter.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is XXXXXX-XXXXXX.

Sincerely,

GM Nycoloth
Trion Worlds Inc.

Hiero Glyph
09-08-2013, 05:33 PM
What's sad is that this issue was reported on the alpha test server and never fixed before release. Also, this issue occurred previously with some of the episodic pursuits and Trion's 'fix' was to simply remove the condition from the pursuit, thus allowing players to complete the pursuit without having to actually fix the problem. It appears that if we ever get a 'fix' it will likely be removing the condition. The fact that Trion has not officially responded to this issue is perhaps the most disappointing aspect of this issue; it's as if they don't want to be bothered by their own mistakes.

Bonehead
09-08-2013, 05:41 PM
What's sad is that this issue was reported on the alpha test server and never fixed before release. Also, this issue occurred previously with some of the episodic pursuits and Trion's 'fix' was to simply remove the condition from the pursuit, thus allowing players to complete the pursuit without having to actually fix the problem. It appears that if we ever get a 'fix' it will likely be removing the condition. The fact that Trion has not officially responded to this issue is perhaps the most disappointing aspect of this issue; it's as if they don't want to be bothered by their own mistakes.

It's like they don't know their own game

BJWyler
09-09-2013, 02:32 PM

Indeed. I finally caved an went to Live Chat to get the pursuit completed. The GM I chatted with was named Kraken and he/she advanced/completed the pursuit for me without issue, so I wanted to send a shout out in appreciation.

3rdpig
09-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Indeed. I finally caved an went to Live Chat to get the pursuit completed. The GM I chatted with was named Kraken and he/she advanced/completed the pursuit for me without issue, so I wanted to send a shout out in appreciation.

I've got 2 pursuits that won't complete, Cerberus License and Volge Violence. I've submitted multiple in game tickets and when I fill out the form to get live chat and tell it it's a pursuit issue it denies me chat and kicks me to email. I've filled out the email and will wait one day for response. If I don't get one I guess I'm going to have to lie on the live chat page and tell them it's a technical issue instead of a pursuit issue. Bastages.

BJWyler
09-09-2013, 04:51 PM
I've got 2 pursuits that won't complete, Cerberus License and Volge Violence. I've submitted multiple in game tickets and when I fill out the form to get live chat and tell it it's a pursuit issue it denies me chat and kicks me to email. I've filled out the email and will wait one day for response. If I don't get one I guess I'm going to have to lie on the live chat page and tell them it's a technical issue instead of a pursuit issue. Bastages.

That's what I did. In fact, I came to this forum before the Live Chat just to make sure of what Arsenic said. I chose "Technical Issue" and didn't drill down any further than that. For the subject I just put that the Volge Violence Pursuit will not complete.

N1ghtShadow
09-28-2013, 12:27 PM
I had the same problems with the exact same pursuits- Volge Violence and Cerberus License. I, too, was fortunate enough to get Kraken on chat and he/she helped me instantly. Those two issues have been bothering me for a long, long time. For once, I gotta say that I'm QUITE pleased with how a Trion rep responded to the issue. I tried to get these addressed last month and the response boiled down to, "What? We don't see a problem. Case closed."

So... yeah... looks like Kraken is the guy to get things done, I guess. Good on him!

Conneri
10-01-2013, 10:43 AM
I finally got tired of the thing not being completed and submitted a ticket. Alas, I can no longer log into PC-NA after receiving notification that it was updated. PC-EU works just fine. My major bug free Defiance play time finally ran out it seems. We'll see how long this takes. sigh.

EDIT: And fixed.

randall flag
10-03-2013, 10:46 PM
so far my experience with the ticket system has been responses with an "you're S.O.L." reply..

this is a little off topic, but what does s.o.l. stand for? i haven't come across this one before

QipQip
10-04-2013, 12:33 AM
this is a little off topic, but what does s.o.l. stand for? i haven't come across this one before
Are you Corporal Upham from Saving Private Ryan?

Ray186
10-04-2013, 01:12 AM

S**T out of luck.

randall flag
10-04-2013, 07:58 AM
excellent, thanks. i'm always up for learning a new achronym. and as achronyms go, that's a pretty useful one.
as for

Are you Corporal Upham from Saving Private Ryan?
i avoid any tom hanks film made after the 80s as they annoy the crap out of me, so i really have no idea what you are on about. but i'm sure you're scoring top marks for random obscure movie reference.