PDA

View Full Version : Dodge High Speed Challenge weekend is back again by popular demand!

piedlpiper
09-06-2013, 08:22 AM
The Dodge High Speed Challenge weekend is back again by popular demand!

Who's been demanding this and where would they have made such demands? Having it as a Contract for 3 days straight is boring. Make it just an event that last 3 days would be a lot better, IMHO.

Dracian
09-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Why not ? They are not that difficult and grant 25 Rep points.

I prefer that to 'Kill Five Volge Bombers'... But that may be because I have maxed my Paradise Rep weeks ago.

Misfit501
09-06-2013, 08:32 AM
I know this is a silly question, but wasn't there suppose to be more variants of the challenger or did that get taken out too?

TravelerX1
09-06-2013, 08:32 AM
LOLs...........................

Misfit501
09-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Also I am wondering where this popular demand did come from.

Combo Breaker
09-06-2013, 08:43 AM
I know this is a silly question, but wasn't there suppose to be more variants of the challenger or did that get taken out too?

I wondered that myself. It would (would) have made it worth working on for a new color.

Krazy Karen
09-06-2013, 08:44 AM
The Dodge High Speed Challenge weekend is back again by popular demand!

Who's been demanding this and where would they have made such demands? .

lol, I think they just put that as a headline, but no one is actually demanding it....

are they?

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 08:45 AM
know what would be cool for this?
Instead of it being a single player activity cue up some players to race at the same time and have tourney tiers.
That's a Challenge weekend!

LITTLE B1RD
09-06-2013, 08:50 AM
I think I've seen more requests for the return of episode missions than the Dodge.

Dana Dawn
09-06-2013, 09:14 AM
I am the one who demanded the high speed challenge.
And because I am an important ark hunter they have listened to me, as they should.

Sanguinesun
09-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Popular demand just means scheduled rotation in the weekend calendar. That's all. Nothing special :P

Wholly Fodder
09-06-2013, 09:17 AM
I tried to demand it, but kept lagging out :-) my troll rating just went up :-)

3rdpig
09-06-2013, 09:22 AM
lol, I think they just put that as a headline, but no one is actually demanding it....

are they?

I highly doubt anyone's that interested in it, I know I'm not. And demanding something from Trion is like demanding something from a politician.

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm totally not interested in it. I got all the colours of challengers a heck of a long time ago.
Why would I want to race through arkfalls and incidents to destroy my car in a frustrating manner for some rep points?

August Barkley
09-06-2013, 09:23 AM
popular demand!

Yes, this is a very popular way to humiliate the players.

N3gativeCr33p
09-06-2013, 09:55 AM

The Trion pitch room would be my first guess.

Flank
09-06-2013, 10:27 AM

It came from the contract Trion and Syfy signed with Dodge.
They popularly demanded it..

Albion
09-06-2013, 10:31 AM
This should be permanently retired, by popular demand.

Assasino
09-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Yeah why another High Speed Challenge? Has it not been on the past 3 weekends they have something?
Bonus loot weekend are way better but are not held too often.
Actually do not like the sound of the Challengers in the game so always avoid the challenges.

Here are dates of some high speed weekends, i did not look further back
Sept 6-9th (recent)
August 16-19
July 26-29

Bonus loot i think is once every few months

Arsenic_Touch
09-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Back by popular demand. It's almost like they're trying to piss people off, haha.

"Back by an automatic activation on a scheduled loop" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Combo Breaker
09-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Didn't we get this crappy event while Playstation got real bonuses that one weekend?

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 10:45 AM
it always seems like this.
Perhaps cause it's free.

a real double XP, or Double boost doesn't make them money.

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 10:57 AM
know what would be cool for this?
Instead of it being a single player activity cue up some players to race at the same time and have tourney tiers.
That's a Challenge weekend!

Can you say lag?

Everything we may want and everything they do that we don't want, all adds to this or "fixes" it in ways that merely tick people off.

People wonder why they've resisted more loot boost events or they don't make loot boost ones to go with scrip ones and then have not re-instated clan boosts. I believe I at last understand it. It's so stupid really and a duh moment for me. It's why clan stuff always seemed to stop working on boost weekends. Lag. If they had a clan boost for loot going on at the same time as a bonus loot boost weekend, everyone (at least on consoles) would be constantly lagging out. Loot drops are a huge source of lag.

It would make more sense to have races for things, instead of time trials. It would be more fun, but considering how long it took to make the Dodge one mostly work right for a lot of people, I don't think they even want to try.

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Can you say lag?

Everything we may want and everything they do that we don't want, all adds to this or "fixes" it in ways that merely tick people off.

People wonder why they've resisted more loot boost events or they don't make loot boost ones to go with scrip ones and then have not re-instated clan boosts. I believe I at last understand it. It's so stupid really and a duh moment for me. It's why clan stuff always seemed to stop working on boost weekends. Lag. If they had a clan boost for loot going on at the same time as a bonus loot boost weekend, everyone (at least on consoles) would be constantly lagging out. Loot drops are a huge source of lag.

It would make more sense to have races for things, instead of time trials. It would be more fun, but considering how long it took to make the Dodge one mostly work right for a lot of people, I don't think they even want to try.

Well let's separate the Lag issue because it's persistent through the whole game.
IF (probably never) they tackle it. Racing a few friends would be cool instead of checkpoint races.

I hate to say GTA again but they have a race feature in multiplayer where the players set the way point and vote and all see who gets there first.
Can't wait to try it.

TravelerX1
09-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Didn't we get this crappy event while Playstation got real bonuses that one weekend?

Cause PS3 Got the SHAFT deeper and longer then any other platform on DLC release Day (Ok well WEEK!)
Not saying it's right..... hell I think the compensation package for that fiasco should have been spectacular.... but it is what it is.

Katay Bri
09-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Short time reader, first time poster...

While I agree with the "more variety with event weekends" summary, I am kinda interested in getting a cool car. Problem is, I have yet to be able to get even a bronze rating in the Challenge race. Any advice on how I can get the rep I need to have a neato brand-name car? Either on tips to win the time trail...or other ways to earn the needed rep?

Michael Bishop
09-06-2013, 11:37 AM
This is Bull! And that coming from someone that has supported this game and has not been ripping the hell out of it but please this is a joke right? The last dodge challenge I took two gold two silvers and one bronze and I still can't buy a damn car? What is up and on top of this it says I only have 108 rep points with the vender? What more do I need to do? And I took screen shot with my cell this time you can't tell me I must not have done as I said this time. Please tell me what I need to do to buy one of those cars? Please

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Well let's separate the Lag issue because it's persistent through the whole game.
IF (probably never) they tackle it. Racing a few friends would be cool instead of checkpoint races.

I hate to say GTA again but they have a race feature in multiplayer where the players set the way point and vote and all see who gets there first.
Can't wait to try it.

The main problem they already have with the time trials is they're barely do-able at times for a lot of people. Top that off with them putting the Dodge Challenges on weekends for obvious reasons and lag from others being in a phase is greater for those same obvious reasons.

They have as yet not addressed the lag already caused by even putting 2 ATVs in the same location, let alone more than one larger vehicle. Lag increases by leaps and bounds when you go just from an ATV to a Duni, gets really bad for Challengers, and is lag out city for the Raptor (it's slow I think in part to help with this) and then the Titan.

I think part of the problem was in the modeling for the vehicles--I can't presume to know it all, but the Duni and Challenger should not have an inside that is surfaced, textured, modeled. They'd be less complex if they were like boxes. But they have seats and internal structure. That may be one reason for lag-they take longer to render. And speed complicates it.

It's like the perfect storm. The thing that should make this a good and different game, being an MMO works against it. You can tell how poorly populated it is at times by how much less lag there is.

As for the races-if they'd put them in separate instances I think they'd work better with limited groups of people. The problem is in order to get a lot of things to work better, they have to keep taking them out of the open world and put them into separate instances and that creates other problems-as seen in coops.

I do firmly believe this is why Destiny will not be an MMO and is going to be more of the sort of thing that is beginning to happen here--events tied together in an open world with a limited number of people sharing the open world being funneled into smaller instances or phases.

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 11:46 AM
This is Bull! And that coming from someone that has supported this game and has not been ripping the hell out of it but please this is a joke right? The last dodge challenge I took two gold two silvers and one bronze and I still can't buy a damn car? What is up and on top of this it says I only have 108 rep points with the vender? What more do I need to do? And I took screen shot with my cell this time you can't tell me I must not have done as I said this time. Please tell me what I need to do to buy one of those cars? Please

You don't even need to do the Challenge, but you do get rep for doing it. You can do it once each day for rep. The key is to get as much Paradise rep as you can from all Paradise contracts before the Dodge Challenge weekend comes along. If you already had enough rep and scrip you could get a car.

The alternative is to get the Orange one for scrip only (I think it's 35k) from the hidden vendor that shows up by one of those two lakes NW of Muir Processing. The vendor is by a cabin on the lake and there are usually some foes outside -- so he hides inside the cabin until you kill them.

Dana Dawn
09-06-2013, 12:02 PM
I do love the challenge very much.
I hope they do the first one, the one that starts at mount tam. After the first one they only did the one that starts at happy pow farm.

Anyway to get gold you have to hold down the boost button pretty much all the time. With a good run I only let go in one corner which I just cannot seem to get a full speed. Keep your wheels on the ground. If you make jumps it may be better to let go of the boost until you land, boost keeps you longer in the air without increasing your speed.

The higher your level for rollers the easier it gets. At level 5 it is difficult but doable if you know the race and do it 20 times in a row :-)

August Barkley
09-06-2013, 12:31 PM
What a genius put the "Dark Matter Arkfall" in the middle of the track?! When I crashed the car, it helped me to finish the race!

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2278/m6f1.jpg

Michael Bishop
09-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks but I have that one already got it like the first week it was out. LoL sorry I should have stated I have been playing this from the day it came out back in April, I had given up on the challenges till my friend bet me I couldn't win one and well I had to prove him wrong lol and I did and after the two golds I just want what I feel I should get I have not dogged this game cause even with all it's problems I have fun playing it and didn't feel the need to bi#ch and gripe they get enough of that but all the golds and slivers I won and to just have 108 rep points ticked me off... Sorry.. Lmao just a pissed off gamer like the rest if us lmao but thank you anyway.

3rdpig
09-06-2013, 12:47 PM
I do love the challenge very much.

Anyway to get gold you have to hold down the boost button pretty much all the time.

Sorry, but that's just not the case at all. I just got a 3:42, and a gold, on my first attempt today and I only use the boost in straightaways or when I lose speed for some reason like going uphill. It's far more important not to miss gates or hit things than it is to keep the boost on.

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks but I have that one already got it like the first week it was out. LoL sorry I should have stated I have been playing this from the day it came out back in April, I had given up on the challenges till my friend bet me I couldn't win one and well I had to prove him wrong lol and I did and after the two golds I just want what I feel I should get I have not dogged this game cause even with all it's problems I have fun playing it and didn't feel the need to bi#ch and gripe they get enough of that but all the golds and slivers I won and to just have 108 rep points ticked me off... Sorry.. Lmao just a pissed off gamer like the rest if us lmao but thank you anyway.

I should really have assumed you knew of that one and wanted the "special" ones. I will tell you it took me hundreds of tries to get gold on the weekend I managed to get all 3. The thing was so seriously bugged, added time at the end, gates wouldn't show up or unlock, I'd fall out of my car for no reason, the Armstrong Bridge was missing so I had to drive through the air, emergencies blocked gates, I'd spawn outside my car, and more. The other time trials to get gold for the Black vehicle were far easier even with the difficulties in them.

I think everyone reaches bottom if something just becomes too frustrating. I've said it before--if I'm angry about stuff that is happening and that they propose, they have some serious problems.

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Sorry, but that's just not the case at all. I just got a 3:42, and a gold, on my first attempt today and I only use the boost in straightaways or when I lose speed for some reason like going uphill. It's far more important not to miss gates or hit things than it is to keep the boost on.

I think it depends on your experience in that instance. I could do it and have a perfect event, not hitting anything, making all gates and so on and still fail. I've done this thing both at its old location and at the new one, so many times, I could do it in my sleep almost.

For some people it's all about the boost, for others it's running a clean race. For me, it was a combination of the two. If I boosted all the time and missed one gate, I'd be lucky to get bronze sometimes.

I agree with you though that you do need to keep it as clean as possible and hold to as straight a line as you can--get a feel for the course and the obstacles, including emergencies and react before you have to.

Shogo_Yahagi
09-06-2013, 01:17 PM
On the first weekend, I finally beat it despite all the bugs and invisible spawns and how terrible the Dodge is and then it added 3 seconds to my time to screw me out of the gold anyway. I'm never doing this event again.

I'm not even sure why I even bothered in the first place, except that it was something new. It's not like Earl Sheib is going to make me want to drive that Dodge I already have rusting in my bank.

N3gativeCr33p
09-06-2013, 01:22 PM
The alternative is to get the Orange one for scrip only (I think it's 35k) from the hidden vendor that shows up by one of those two lakes NW of Muir Processing. The vendor is by a cabin on the lake and there are usually some foes outside -- so he hides inside the cabin until you kill them.

This is how I got my Challenger.

Bigtk
09-06-2013, 01:53 PM
I hate dodge cars and feel dirty for driving even a virtual one. Dodge sucks, you should drop the sponsorship and just do bonus loot and xp weekends.