PDA

View Full Version : what would spark life back into the game?

Blueandwhite87
09-06-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm not trolling but I feel this game is dieing, I cant even pvp on pc anymore

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Some other company to pick up the development and IP and start over.
Not trolling here either.

With all the internal stress the defiance devision in trion is seeing and all the moves, they could sell it at a low cost and let somebody else take it to the level this game really should have been.
With it out of their hair they can concentrate on the other more important games under their belt and probably make the community a littler happier by having a great product instead of a mediocre one.

TravelerX1
09-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Agreed,

Outside of that...... Content, Stop breaking things, fix what needs fixing before BS system changes

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Agreed,

Outside of that...... Content, Stop breaking things, fix what needs fixing before BS system changes

Those have been on the wish list since April 2nd 2013.
They may get to them....maybe.

Content may never happen. Their idea of content is data recorder hunts and breaking up your clan/group to finish it off.
It's a single player game with mulitplayer elements.

CRIXDA
09-06-2013, 09:30 AM
I am not trolling, either.
I want this game to succeed and I have sat back and sadly watched It in It's slow and ignominious death.
The DLC that Trion is giving us is not exactly "inspiring" anyone to come running back (in my opinion) even though there are some shining moments there.
It sickens me to have seen something with huge potential go to such waste.
Indeed, what could save it?
What would bring all of them back now?
Too many people are so disenfranchised that they wouldn't come back for anything.
I haven't gotten to that point yet, I fear that It won't be long.
Our suggestions to Trion fall on deaf ears, Our requests for help may as well be tears in the rain.
"It is what It is."
I will hold on until my season's pass expires, at which time I am sure Defiance will expire.
If Defiance has not expired before then.
Pity.

N3gativeCr33p
09-06-2013, 09:50 AM

Well said, kind sir! ;)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/N3gativeCr33p/ChuckNorrisApproves_zps51843b53.gif

Olaf
09-06-2013, 09:58 AM
41 days of my life back

TravelerX1
09-06-2013, 09:59 AM
41 days of my life back

You too eh? LOL

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 10:00 AM
Wish list that is not the standard of above
- Challenger weekends to become multiplayer races and a true mini game not an event.
- Give us the multi-player arenas
- Take every little circle for a story mission that breaks up a group and make it a truly multiplayer experience
- a True full map capture the flag. Yeah I know it's capture the flag but think about some different mechanics. Where you drop the flag is where you drop the flag. No returning it to home base. A long drawn out vicious gun battle to move that flag to the goal. Kind of like football without the downs. Max players like the open world PvP. Pro tip. You can;t use vehicles to carry the flag but you can use to defend carrier.

HELL MAMA
09-06-2013, 10:05 AM
who all would be interested in the ones that still play putting their name on a list. from that list we could meet up and forum groups and do co-ops and pvp. anything to get us playing with each other.

i know we all have done these things already but if we band together we wont be playing alone.

Olaf
09-06-2013, 10:13 AM
You too eh? LOL

Yes m8, quite sad really lol. What a waste of 41 days.

fluffybits
09-06-2013, 10:13 AM
opening up more area would be nice and proper weapon levelling so we get better weapons the higher ego you are

Bonehead
09-06-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm not trolling but I feel this game is dieing, I cant even pvp on pc anymore

Ummmmmm......
Sharknado?

Olaf
09-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Ummmmmm......
Sharknado?

that film looks amazing. been meaning to watch it. thanks 4 reminding me

Cavadus
09-06-2013, 01:28 PM
For me, what this game needs more than anything are Tabula Rasa style control points.

Control points were highly defensible military installations with automated defenses that could either be controlled by players or enemy NPC factions.

If they were controlled by players mobs would assault them en masse. I'm not talking about 10-20 mobs here and there. I'm talking like 100+ mobs per wave.

Inside of the CPs were shield generators, turrets, and the control points. If a shield gate took a big enough pounding it would overload the generator and blow it. Repairing the generator would bring the shield gate back up.

Turrets could be repaired and upgraded. CPs were SO MUCH FUN. Way better than arkfalls and sieges.

And the best part? Controling particular CPs would open up quests and special vendors and grant bonuses to players in the area. Towards the end of the game's life CPs would even spawn temporary use mechs for players to hop into and slay with. THEY WERE ****ING AWESOME!!!

Easily the best PvE I've ever experienced in an MMO.

Beyond that, clans need some love. Hard. I want clan wars, alliances, enemies, clan owned control points and other assets (mechs, armed vehicles, turrets, et cetera).

I'd also like some dedicated engineer stuff which is sort of being touched on with DLC2's "spikes." I'm talking real deployables here. UAVs, sensors/detectors, mines, automated and crew-served turrets, ammo boxes, portable shields; the works.

Indra Echo
09-06-2013, 02:10 PM
For me, what this game needs more than anything are Tabula Rasa style control points.

Control points were highly defensible military installations with automated defenses that could either be controlled by players or enemy NPC factions.

If they were controlled by players mobs would assault them en masse. I'm not talking about 10-20 mobs here and there. I'm talking like 100+ mobs per wave.

Inside of the CPs were shield generators, turrets, and the control points. If a shield gate took a big enough pounding it would overload the generator and blow it. Repairing the generator would bring the shield gate back up.

Turrets could be repaired and upgraded. CPs were SO MUCH FUN. Way better than arkfalls and sieges.

And the best part? Controling particular CPs would open up quests and special vendors and grant bonuses to players in the area. Towards the end of the game's life CPs would even spawn temporary use mechs for players to hop into and slay with. THEY WERE ****ING AWESOME!!!

Easily the best PvE I've ever experienced in an MMO.

Beyond that, clans need some love. Hard. I want clan wars, alliances, enemies, clan owned control points and other assets (mechs, armed vehicles, turrets, et cetera).

I'd also like some dedicated engineer stuff which is sort of being touched on with DLC2's "spikes." I'm talking real deployables here. UAVs, sensors/detectors, mines, automated and crew-served turrets, ammo boxes, portable shields; the works.

Quite frankly what I'd thought would happen in this game (didn't expect it but sort of hoped for it) was that there would be some real world competition for arkfall caches-we're ark hunters. I don't see the on demand arkfalls as positives since I think they open up some more questions and while they do add ship interiors into the mix, they didn't need spikes to do that. Quite simply for me, the mechanics involved in getting them is somewhat silly. But the other big thing is we must acquire the spikes--maybe one way will be scrip but certainly they'll consider having us use bits in some way.

What happens when the one who used the spike lags out? The big problem with all of this still boils down to lag. Same with the grenade mechanics. What if I just spent a lot of scrip on grenade stacks or the smart loot drop thing (stim or whatever)--I go and start using them and I lag out. That will be the last time I get any of these items. Since I already know it will happen-I can count on lag-I won't be wasting time on them. And I won't expect friends to just carry me along to arkfalls.

I've loved this game, boy believe me, I've had fun. But they're sucking the fun right out of it by not fixing stuff. The recent patch for me has lowered loot drops, perhaps as one way to reduce lag. And it may also be partly why the cost of Thorn Liro items dropped. I think they're preparing for new things that will cause yet more lag.

The suggestions you have are good ones-but I'd like to see things be more on character, instead of having to drop into the world to use. They could have EGO Boosts but instead want them to pop up in the world for others to use--well in some games, boosts and powers affect other players near you instead of requiring some green glowy thing on the ground. All they keep adding is more lag and then they take away other things to try and reduce it and gut the game.

Rasczak
09-06-2013, 04:33 PM

With all the internal stress the defiance devision in trion is seeing and all the moves, they could sell it at a low cost and let somebody else take it to the level this game really should have been.
With it out of their hair they can concentrate on the other more important games under their belt and probably make the community a littler happier by having a great product instead of a mediocre one.

Pretty much what I was going to say. I just can't see it otherwise.

Bob Blunderbust
09-06-2013, 09:22 PM
http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/archive/1/11/20080202231407!Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

MacDeath
09-06-2013, 11:16 PM
Quite frankly what I'd thought would happen in this game (didn't expect it but sort of hoped for it) was that there would be some real world competition for arkfall caches-we're ark hunters. I don't see the on demand arkfalls as positives since I think they open up some more questions and while they do add ship interiors into the mix, they didn't need spikes to do that. Quite simply for me, the mechanics involved in getting them is somewhat silly. But the other big thing is we must acquire the spikes--maybe one way will be scrip but certainly they'll consider having us use bits in some way.

What happens when the one who used the spike lags out? The big problem with all of this still boils down to lag. Same with the grenade mechanics. What if I just spent a lot of scrip on grenade stacks or the smart loot drop thing (stim or whatever)--I go and start using them and I lag out. That will be the last time I get any of these items. Since I already know it will happen-I can count on lag-I won't be wasting time on them. And I won't expect friends to just carry me along to arkfalls.

I've loved this game, boy believe me, I've had fun. But they're sucking the fun right out of it by not fixing stuff. The recent patch for me has lowered loot drops, perhaps as one way to reduce lag. And it may also be partly why the cost of Thorn Liro items dropped. I think they're preparing for new things that will cause yet more lag.

The suggestions you have are good ones-but I'd like to see things be more on character, instead of having to drop into the world to use. They could have EGO Boosts but instead want them to pop up in the world for others to use--well in some games, boosts and powers affect other players near you instead of requiring some green glowy thing on the ground. All they keep adding is more lag and then they take away other things to try and reduce it and gut the game.
We get the summoning spikes from a quest according to Trick on the Friday Live Stream.