PDA

View Full Version : You B@$#*rds!! You killed Defiance!! Amazing game changing ideas! HIRE ME Trion!!

BIEBERyoloSWAG
09-06-2013, 10:12 AM
I would like to say that this game was awesome when it first came out. But now it lacks in fun and joy.

Things you needed:
1.There was no point to the game. The story was very linear and repetitive. Sure that is how all games are but for a game of this size there needs to be some changes.

2.Not enough AI interaction. I would like to go to cities and talk to people in the game. Maybe even roaming AI would be nice. Every enemy is in their designated areas and dont really venture too far away from them. If they roamed around like a group of biker gangs or something just going down the streets minding there own business, you shoot one, they all stop their bikes and attack...that would be great interaction. The unprovoked until provoked enemy. Also to go hand in hand with AI interaction maybe random background and nature interaction. I crash my car into a tree i dont want my car to stop...let me flatten that damn tree son, its the little things like that. I crash into a building...I break the wall. Bullet holes for those missed bullets would be nice also. Let me spell my name in that there wall there kind sirs. I throw my grenade on that AI civillian...hes now on fire instead of just standing on my flames like hes some sort of superman

3. No cosmetics. The options are very limited for what we have. This is a big problem in a world where every character should be different yet we all are identical in looks. You guys messed up by giving me a total of 10 helmets and 10 ugly shirts and pants combined. Plus for weapons we only get 4 mods to add, and vehicles there is zero cosmetic. Next time make it an option where im going around from hellbug to hellbug and wow what did this dead hellbug drop?? Oh my its a watch. My charachter now has a wrist watch....next hellbug dies...oh wow he dropped a Gold belt. Nice my charachter now has a watch and belt sweet. You need to make things more available and you need to make more options on the charachters. Changing a hat is just the tip of the iceburg. A great example for you to copy would be the XBOX Live avatars, just look at the options they give them. Or another example would be the WWE games where you create a wrestler. You also messed up BIG BIG BIG TIME on cosmetics on the guns. Sure ill add 4 mods but how about accecories that dont add stats to the guns like scope colors, skins for the guns, handle colors, glitter, strings that hang off of the gun to make it look like a hoola girls skirt, longer barrels, NAMING YOUR GUN which leads to Engravings, pictures on guns, the list could be endless. I am for hire by the way guys if you guys want to replace the creative team there at Trion. And please dont get me started on cars....so much could have been done including adding motorcycles LIKE IN THE SHOW. Different rim sizes, engine modifications body kits, exhausts, tint, custom paint jobs, The Virgin Mary painted on my hood, little dangling dice hanging from the mirror, anything that could be done to a real car should be done to these cars....what a waste.

4. There is nothing to build. I would love to go to small areas where there is land that you rent for scrip where you can pay for this land and build a house or a business or something that would be interactive with all people in this world. LET ME BUILD YOU SICK SCUM!! LET ME BUILD!!

5. Jobs to earn scrip. You kind of did this with the rampages and side missions...side missions disapear though. The jobs are all the same...KILL MANY THINGS IN THIS AMMOUNT OF TIME....ANNNND GO! Very basic instructions. Maybe if you had jobs where people worked together...just like in the real world. Maybe like a group scavenger hunt for a certain AI who is hiding in this huge world so that you make it like a bounty hunter job. Or different side missions instead of killing youre protecting the AI infested city (which doesn't exist) from criminals at night or something and all you do is patrol the streets.

6. ZERO in game promoted events. I remember when i first started there was an event for killing as many hellbugs in an hour then i never saw anything again. And i only heard of this contest by chance from a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy that knew a girl. How about when i log in it says hey there is this event starting in 10 minutes, would you like to join? The event is drive from here to there without fast traveling or some BS like that. Make Tournaments between people for duels or racing or something. Come on now.

7. Give me a companion like an animal or robot or something! I want a little R2D2 guy to follow me everywhere and has my back if i get shot, he shoots his little electric beam to get that A-Hole shooting me from the side. Or maybe a giant dog sized lizard that spits fire. Or a dog that runs and bites enemies near by. And this would have to be a companion with just as many cosmetic options as i mentioned on number 3 above. I dont want my dog to look like your dog. I want my dog to have a spiked collar with half his hair black and half white like two face from batman. I want my R2D2 to have some mud tires so he performs better offroad fighting unlike your R2D2 which has a helicopter propeller so he performs everywhere just fine but doesnt have as much room for weapons like mine does so there is some sort of balance. GIVE ME A DOG! I LIKE PUGS SUCKAS!

I cant think of anything else to add to this list as of yet but im sure i will think of something else after i hit create thread

Krazy Karen
09-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Oh beiber! Your posts are always SOOO funny!!

hahha, some great ideas up there too!

Mowazzy
09-06-2013, 10:25 AM
dude. while I like your suggestions and think they would improve the game greatly please remember that they can't get the basic game dynamics to work without dc'ing 90% of the players. how in the world would they figure out how to give players a pet? they can't even figure out what players really want and then execute properly. Im with you in that this game was great 2 months ago, but it has slowly declined into a game I will not be coming back to.

word of advice, cut your losses and move to something better. a lot of us already have. I keep my account out of shear hope a future DLC will not be another money grab to keep this game on life support, but have already found FF ARR and D3 much better in every way.

Assasino
09-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Meh not sure i would take any advise from someone that has Bieber fever
lol

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Meh not sure i would take any advise from someone that has Bieber fever
lol
It's obvious sarcasm.
The pic is of beiber spitting on adoring fans. Obviously making fun of the fact that he could spit on them and they would love it.

3rdpig
09-06-2013, 10:46 AM
All I can say is "Thank God you're still too young to drink".

Escyos
09-06-2013, 10:52 AM
You seem to want features common to every game, Defiance is not an everything game, it is a specific type of game and will stay that way. It is not a big roleplaying game, it is not a building game, it is a shooter.

MagellanD
09-06-2013, 10:53 AM
You seem to want features common to every game, Defiance is not an everything game, it is a specific type of game and will stay that way. It is not a big roleplaying game, it is not a building game, it is a shooter.

Thank you!
Even Trion bills it as a shooter with MMO elements. EP at E3 said if you want a true MMORPG game you should look elsewhere.

BJWyler
09-06-2013, 10:55 AM
It's funny - the game was awesome when it was new and fresh. Now that it is new and fresh it isn't so awesome - even though we have gotten some awesome (and not so awesome, but still new) content in the mean time *shakes head.*

Anyway, on to your points:

1. It's a Themepark. That, unfortunately is the drawback. Personally, I liked the story and it was one of the reasons I played the game and got hooked into it. It takes time to produce quality content on that front. As long as I am still having fun when I log into the game, I am willing to be patient to see the continuation of the storyline and see more main missions (that are actually missions and not cutscenes for the most part).

2. First and second sentence is more befitting an RPG game. Wouldn't really work that well here when the main point of the game is to shoot the AI dead. However, I would like to see additional map areas opened up in future DLC that shows the actual homes and living areas of the people of Paradise. Some Urban Warfare would add a little spice to the game. As for the rest, that's pretty much what emergencies are for. I don't know about your experiences, but whenever I shoot a bad guy, the rest of his friends start shooting back at me. As for destructable environments - Auto Assault tried that. Didn't work out too well. Again, that is something more befitting a single-player game where the destruction does not affect anyone else playing the game. Also, if you look carefully, your weapon spray will leave temporary damage on some of the environment - especially noticable on nano weapons.

3. Additional clothing choices would always be a welcome addition. However, as you probably noticed, there are limitations with the game's engine, hence all the Human survivor "clones" running about Arkfalls and Sieges. To add the level of detail that you are talking about would grind the game to a halt and either make it unplayable, or make no difference because the game would be unable to render all your "cool" stuff and thus make it pointless.

4. Oh hell no. SWG is the poster boy on why open world player built housing should never be implemented in a game, ever. I would not be opposed to housing being added to the game, but do it Rift style - instanced and in depth.

5. That's what the contracts are for (at least in terms of Rep). Our job in the game world is as an Arkhunter. We earn our scrip salvaging from Arkfalls, and now protecting areas from Volge Sieges. Emergencies also earn us scrip, as does the repeatable mission points found within the world. Walking around a street block at night to earn some scrip? No thanks, I would rather shoot things in the face and get paid.

6. All game sponsored events have been promoted on the launcher and website. In fact we are now in the midst of voting for the top 5 Arkhunters to get one written into Season two of the show, which reminds me .... Ok, I'm back. All the other stuff you mention is quite doable as a player-sponsored event - and in fact many guilds hold such events in game. Perhaps you should think of joining them. Personally, I don't need a developer to "let" me do events like that. I would rather leave them in the hands of the players and let the imagination run - much funner that way. Personally, any future "official" sponsored events I would like to see would include letting players show their talents outside of the game instead of being just game time played - let's have contests for the artists and the writers in our community.

7. Another Hell no here. Let's leave mini-pets to the RPGs, and the only companions I need in the game are the story mission characters. Their involvement in several of the missions is enough. I'm not that great at shooters, but even I have to admit that this game isn't all that challenging on that front, so the addition of a companion character is unnecessary. If you feel like you need to have someone who "has your back," well, that's why this is an MMO and we have the ability to join friends, groups, and guilds. Again, that provides for a much more dynamic and fun experience than an AI partner.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
09-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Thank you!
Even Trion bills it as a shooter with MMO elements. EP at E3 said if you want a true MMORPG game you should look elsewhere.

Once you add a whole world for you to wander and character building and other players doing the same thing you go from having MMO Elements to being an MMO. You can pee on my head and tell me its raining. Just because they said this isn't an MMO and has MMO elements doesn't mean thats true. This is an MMO. It is a bad attempt at being unique but it is one none the less. Is this game Massive? Yes but eh..thats debatable...Is this game Multiplayer? Yes. Is this game Online? Yes. This is an MMO sir. There is shooting yes but thats what makes this MMO different than another MMO.

BJWyler
09-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Once you add a whole world for you to wander and character building and other players doing the same thing you go from having MMO Elements to being an MMO. You can pee on my head and tell me its raining. Just because they said this isn't an MMO and has MMO elements doesn't mean thats true. This is an MMO. It is a bad attempt at being unique but it is one none the less. Is this game Massive? Yes but eh..thats debatable...Is this game Multiplayer? Yes. Is this game Online? Yes. This is an MMO sir. There is shooting yes but thats what makes this MMO different than another MMO.

He said MMORPG. There is a difference. MMORPGs are not the same as MMOShooters and are not the same as an MMOMoba. All may share some common elements that make up the fabric of an MMO, but their individuality do not necessarily make for the same in each sub-genre.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
09-06-2013, 11:53 AM
He said MMORPG. There is a difference. MMORPGs are not the same as MMOShooters and are not the same as an MMOMoba. All may share some common elements that make up the fabric of an MMO, but their individuality do not necessarily make for the same in each sub-genre.

No Guy, he said Trion bills it as an MMO...here is his exact quote that i was responding to. I have highlighted in red font where it says MMO. His next sentence mentioned MMORPG but i was responding only to what Trion claims this game to be. Which my point was no they cant say it has MMO elements when its clearly a bad MMO:

"Thank you!
Even Trion bills it as a shooter with MMO elements."

This is a MMO that is a shooter

August Barkley
09-06-2013, 11:58 AM
I have not heard any of Bieber`s songs ...

BIEBERyoloSWAG
09-06-2013, 12:01 PM
It's funny - the game was awesome when it was new and fresh. Now that it is new and fresh it isn't so awesome - even though we have gotten some awesome (and not so awesome, but still new) content in the mean time *shakes head.*

Anyway, on to your points:

1. It's a Themepark. That, unfortunately is the drawback. Personally, I liked the story and it was one of the reasons I played the game and got hooked into it. It takes time to produce quality content on that front. As long as I am still having fun when I log into the game, I am willing to be patient to see the continuation of the storyline and see more main missions (that are actually missions and not cutscenes for the most part).

2. First and second sentence is more befitting an RPG game. Wouldn't really work that well here when the main point of the game is to shoot the AI dead. However, I would like to see additional map areas opened up in future DLC that shows the actual homes and living areas of the people of Paradise. Some Urban Warfare would add a little spice to the game. As for the rest, that's pretty much what emergencies are for. I don't know about your experiences, but whenever I shoot a bad guy, the rest of his friends start shooting back at me. As for destructable environments - Auto Assault tried that. Didn't work out too well. Again, that is something more befitting a single-player game where the destruction does not affect anyone else playing the game. Also, if you look carefully, your weapon spray will leave temporary damage on some of the environment - especially noticable on nano weapons.

3. Additional clothing choices would always be a welcome addition. However, as you probably noticed, there are limitations with the game's engine, hence all the Human survivor "clones" running about Arkfalls and Sieges. To add the level of detail that you are talking about would grind the game to a halt and either make it unplayable, or make no difference because the game would be unable to render all your "cool" stuff and thus make it pointless.

4. Oh hell no. SWG is the poster boy on why open world player built housing should never be implemented in a game, ever. I would not be opposed to housing being added to the game, but do it Rift style - instanced and in depth.

5. That's what the contracts are for (at least in terms of Rep). Our job in the game world is as an Arkhunter. We earn our scrip salvaging from Arkfalls, and now protecting areas from Volge Sieges. Emergencies also earn us scrip, as does the repeatable mission points found within the world. Walking around a street block at night to earn some scrip? No thanks, I would rather shoot things in the face and get paid.

6. All game sponsored events have been promoted on the launcher and website. In fact we are now in the midst of voting for the top 5 Arkhunters to get one written into Season two of the show, which reminds me .... Ok, I'm back. All the other stuff you mention is quite doable as a player-sponsored event - and in fact many guilds hold such events in game. Perhaps you should think of joining them. Personally, I don't need a developer to "let" me do events like that. I would rather leave them in the hands of the players and let the imagination run - much funner that way. Personally, any future "official" sponsored events I would like to see would include letting players show their talents outside of the game instead of being just game time played - let's have contests for the artists and the writers in our community.

7. Another Hell no here. Let's leave mini-pets to the RPGs, and the only companions I need in the game are the story mission characters. Their involvement in several of the missions is enough. I'm not that great at shooters, but even I have to admit that this game isn't all that challenging on that front, so the addition of a companion character is unnecessary. If you feel like you need to have someone who "has your back," well, that's why this is an MMO and we have the ability to join friends, groups, and guilds. Again, that provides for a much more dynamic and fun experience than an AI partner.

A lot of good points. And i can unfortuantely, since im typing on a cell phone sized screen, I can only touch on the points that i recall from memory so as i do not have to keep scrolling up and down for each point. You mentioned the engines being the reason why we cant have good stuff, on the cosmetic section, DAMN YOU TRION. FIX YO ENGINES FOOs!! Even if my character looks like the crash survivor guy to everyone else thats fine by me just as long as i know i look different and unique!!
As for the housing section. You said you dont want it. But then said you do just as long as its like Rift? I never played that game. Please explain how it works. Oh and what was SWG? Star Wars Galaxy? How did they do there housing. Please compare Rift and SWG in a short one paragraphed response with a pie chart to show similarities and differences.
As for the dog/r2D2. YOU MUST BE MAD. I NEED A DOG.
I dont remember any other points you mentioned but i do remember they were good points. Keep up the good work

Tyger
09-06-2013, 12:29 PM
I have not heard any of Bieber`s songs ...

He's the newest Sisqo... Flash in the pan style.

BJWyler
09-06-2013, 12:36 PM
No Guy, he said Trion bills it as an MMO...here is his exact quote that i was responding to. I have highlighted in red font where it says MMO. His next sentence mentioned MMORPG but i was responding only to what Trion claims this game to be. Which my point was no they cant say it has MMO elements when its clearly a bad MMO:

"Thank you!
Even Trion bills it as a shooter with MMO elements."

This is a MMO that is a shooter

Exactly - this is an MMOShooter which is different from an MMORPG - many of the elements of which you requested are more suited. They would not necessarity befit an MMOShooter.

As for the housing section. You said you dont want it. But then said you do just as long as its like Rift? I never played that game. Please explain how it works. Oh and what was SWG? Star Wars Galaxy? How did they do there housing. Please compare Rift and SWG in a short one paragraphed response with a pie chart to show similarities and differences.
As for the dog/r2D2. YOU MUST BE MAD. I NEED A DOG.
I dont remember any other points you mentioned but i do remember they were good points. Keep up the good work

In terms of housing - I said I don't want open world housing or other player building type stuff. It just ends up being a mess, nuisance and detracts more from a game than adds to it. As for the rest, it would take to long to really explain it all. SWG (Star Wars Galaxies) had open world housing and it ended up just littering the landscapes of the planets with what amounts to trash heaps in your back yard. Rift's housing is an instanced area called Dimensions (that you can invite people to visit), and has some really good building tools that puts the new SimCity game to shame (not that it would be hard to do).

As for pets - we don't even know what animals may have survived or not. As far as we know, dogs and cats were wiped out. Again, while this might be a nice thing to have in an RPG, doesn't quite fit here, and in the end, like the customization, the engine wouldn't be able to handle it. At best, you would only have a pet in an instanced area.

N3gativeCr33p
09-06-2013, 02:12 PM
I have not heard any of Bieber's songs ...

Consider yourself lucky, then.

Ataraxia
09-06-2013, 02:27 PM
This game is advertised as a MMOTPS.

This is Trion's biggest lie ever.

You are thrown into the bay area to play the role of an arkhunter, you customize its looks, you choose its origin and you play the story of said arkhunter.

If this game was really a MMOTPS it would be more orientated to the PvP crowd, but it is clearly more orientated to the PvE crowd, just look at the features and the DLC content.

This game is failing precisely because of this, it lacks identity. It is not a MMORPG or a MMOTPS, It's one big messy cluster**** of randomness. Just because you're using guns instead of shields and swords (fun fact, we recently got swords) doesn't automatically make it a MMOTPS.