PDA

View Full Version : So no towns / cities / social hubs?

Mkilbride
04-01-2013, 09:19 PM
And the reason for this, I've heard, is because of the setting. That these wouldn't "exist" in such a world.

Which is weird, because the TV show...which this coincides with...has Towns and whatnot...but the game can't have them...because the devs said "It would make no sense in the story"

So...we're to be nomads, it appears, with no central gathering place.

Naota
04-01-2013, 09:22 PM
Q. Is there a hub city or safe zone?
A. There are NPC owned properties aka "Hot Spots" and areas where you can visit and interact with one another and NCP's. Each region has areas like this that players can interact with each other and socialize.

mhnord
04-01-2013, 09:23 PM
New Freedom crash site, Iron demon ranch, the Consulate, Top Notch tool works, the Crater (a bar), and some place in San Fran.

Mkilbride
04-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Mhm, but that's not really what I was talking about.

From what I saw, it's the same as people gathered outside a dungeon waiting to party up. No real "Town" aspect.

Nerdy Ryuu
04-01-2013, 09:25 PM
There r no towns , and social hubs like u would see in other mmo . Maybe as dlc later

mhnord
04-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Oh if your looking for something like Stormwind then no nothing like that.

@Naota Loved FLCL!

werefox
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Too true. DEFIANCE is the name of a town in the world... But there are no towns..i.. Smooth.

Olcsonn
04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Huh that part of the country has been getting ravished by meteors... Just saying...

MattN
04-01-2013, 09:46 PM
He's talking about a social hub where people gather to chat, looking cool etc

mhnord
04-01-2013, 09:48 PM
He's talking about a social hub where people gather to chat, looking cool etc
Well again that would be

New Freedom crash site, Iron demon ranch, the Consulate, Top Notch tool works, the Crater (a bar), and some place in San Fran.

MattN
04-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Well again that would be

Never been there, but then again the chat system is worthless in this game.... what a shame.

Flavvor
04-01-2013, 10:06 PM
People will start to gather at certain spots and those will be know to use them for the "CITY". The community will dictate what will be the gathering place.

Philote
04-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Hubs are overrated in my opinion. Though, if there's no global chat or anything, then meeting people would be a bit awkward. I like just driving around from place to place though, and not having a central meeting point where hundreds of people are afk or standing in an auction house for hours like robots. Cutting out all the nonsense for the meat of the game. Just get in your car and driiive.

King_Kable916
04-01-2013, 10:14 PM
Make your own social hub. You and your friends can designate a certain spot, maybe overlooking the coatline or that empty building as your meet up spot. Would be more "story like".