PDA

View Full Version : Defiance some INFO about it please..preferably from "vets"

Scorpion20
09-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Ok so I am relly thinking of getting this game but I have some questions:

1.Is this game cross platform?If my friend gets it on ps3 and I get it on pc can we play together?

2.So I heard there are no classes but what is it with those 4 choices at the beginning?I mean how do they afect you?

3.If I "spec" my char in a way do I have to pay real money to reset it?I heard there are some abilities and stuff like that..

4.Are there people still playing?

5.What is there to do at "end game"(well when you max youre EGO)..?

6.Someone said when I was reading posts that the majority of weapons have similar stats so you dont have to pay money to get lockboxes with orange gear and all but I tend to think that the sniper you get end game is better than the one you start with?

7.Are there any armor(gear) stats besides the weapon or the gear is just for show..like make ure char look wat u want him to look.?

Thank you for answering

Conneri
09-06-2013, 03:13 PM
To answer:

1) no. It's multi-platform. So you all have to be on the same system type to play together.

2) You choose one to start with and you can select perks around that one skill as you level. The higher level you get you can spread out and eventually have access to any of the four skills. however, you can still only use one at a time.

3) No. You can respec for free into any skill and perks you have learned (the number of perks you can have active is based on your EGO level). If you decide you really don't like the skills and perks you have available, you can unlearn everything for an in game cost (Scrip)

4) Yes. Or else we wouldn't be answering you. :)

5) Endgame isn't really based around max ego. Since the leveling system is more flat, you could never hit max EGO and be at endgame. In the beginning there's quests, co-ops, PvP, and contracts. A few of these take a few levels to unlock though. Once you finish questing and such, it's mostly playing co-ops and PvP with friends, working on Pursuits (which help your EGO level) and item grinding. At least for me anyway.

6) The weapons you start with are weaker. But the differences between low EGO weapons outside of those starter weapons and higher EGO weapons are small things. Higher quality gear can have other bonuses on them as well.

7) Your shield and grenades also get better as you level. Both of these items get better the higher EGO level they require. I.e. A shield with an EGO requirement of 200 has a lower capacity than one with a requirement of 4000. Grenades increase damage in a similar manner. Your armor and head cover however are only for looks.

Hope that helps.

VicousBlood
09-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Most of your questions could have been answered by playing the free trial.

krondin
09-06-2013, 03:17 PM

1.Is this game cross platform?If my friend gets it on ps3 and I get it on pc can we play together?

2.So I heard there are no classes but what is it with those 4 choices at the beginning?I mean how do they afect you?

3.If I "spec" my char in a way do I have to pay real money to reset it?I heard there are some abilities and stuff like that..

6.Someone said when I was reading posts that the majority of weapons have similar stats so you dont have to pay money to get lockboxes with orange gear and all but I tend to think that the sniper you get end game is better than the one you start with?

7.Are there any armor(gear) stats besides the weapon or the gear is just for show..like make ure char look wat u want him to look.?

Thank you for answering

1) the game is NOT cross platform playable, it is however available on different systems , each running on its own servers.

2) The 4 beginning classes determine your start weapons. Beyond that you are free to use any weapon, not being limited to any choice made at beginning. Only effects tutorial .

3) Respecting is paid for with in game Materials, usually salvaged from weapons you loot and break down and DOES NOT cost any real money what so ever.

4) Yes, a decent amount actually! Sometime during peak play hours, some have lag due to big populations. I personally have decent internet and a good computer and have yet to experience that myself.

5) End game..... A lot of us are kinda still waiting for End Game to be added, the only benefit to getting your ego beyond about 2500 < ish > is cause you want to have it. Very minor, if any, benefits, for being max ego. Most people can reach NIM < the end boss in story line > in under 750 ego < average i'd say is probably only 400-500 ego to get to him > Having 1000 - 2500 ego before fighting Nim will only give you a few extra perk slots open, and the fight easier because you have more experience playing.

6) Base weapon stats are the same for white, green, blue, purple, and orange weapons. Typically the higher the weapon color, the more added stat bonuses it CAN have but doesn't necessarily have. Sometimes a Good White weapon with the right bonus stat or 2 and Modded with a matching weapon synergy is as powerful or stronger then some of the oranges. On average the better the color the better the chances you will find more bonuses on it . A lot of white have no synergy on them where almost all purple and oranges do, for example. Some of my Favorite Weapons are Blue because i have yet to find a "better" one with the right stat bonuses i look for for my particular build and style of play.

7) Armor stats come from your SHIELD exclusively. You looks, however, come from your choice of wardrobe. You get many different styles over time playing by completing certain pursuits or story quests. Others are in the cash store, same with helmets. Honestly, most styles you get by just playing over time completing pursuits , only buy them if you desire them. Helmets and Body Costumes are sold separately if purchasing them. When you win them via pursuits, they typically come as a set, clothing and helmet. There is currently no way to change clothing colors or helmet colors, there is a cash store option to buy a Mod for Charge blades to Color them thou. NOTE: When making your character, it looks like that forever in the face/hair, but you can purchase now a re-do pack in the cash store and can change everything about your looks and name if want.

I hope this is helpful.

melkathi
09-06-2013, 03:46 PM
2) The starting outfit you get at character creation can not be gained later on. So that is the only important choice.

Strontium Dog
09-06-2013, 04:22 PM

No
They dont.Its just clothes.
Ingame cash only for this.
Not a lot especially PC EU
Wait.

Not really much difference. Can play the game from start to finish with same weapon.

No.Just Clothes , Defiance=Fashionita Online

Thank you for answering

Answered truthfully ,non fanboy, non troll. Just how it is.

Strontium Dog
09-06-2013, 04:23 PM
2) The starting outfit you get at character creation can not be gained later on. So that is the only important choice.

Unless sniper/hunter then you will see this one EVERYWHERE at ever arkfall :p

Scorpion20
09-07-2013, 01:14 AM
Most of your questions could have been answered by playing the free trial.

Yes but I have a discount price after i play trial for a limited time and right now i have to ifnish my exam session..

melkathi
09-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Unless sniper/hunter then you will see this one EVERYWHERE at ever arkfall :p

I'm tempted to make a character who has that default look, just to make people think they don't know what my character really looks like ;)

August Barkley
09-07-2013, 06:18 AM
I hope, VETs = veterinarian, vet, veterinary, veterinary surgeon, cow-leech?