PDA

View Full Version : Weapon with synergy mods - How to know ?

Ozcorp
09-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Lately i have been trying to build synergy weapons.
Remembering which weapons have synergy mods and which don't is getting confusing without inputting the data to external info source (notepad in my case haha).

Example :

I have weapon with Assassins synergy with 2 mods (Stock / Barrel).
How do i check does the mods have assassin synergy ?

I used to find it out with Salvage Matrix > Select item to modify > Retrieve mods > Select Mod > View > Here the info was hiding !

But not anymore, this only works if you install the synergy mod and don't log out.
If you log out and back in... it only shows the synergy mods with way mentioned above example as standard mod without synergy.

Also i read that synergies with 4 tiers only become white text color when all 4 synergy mods are present
because i was confused did my Assassin synergies activate with 1 or 2 installed and grey synergy text still was shown.

Anyone with insight on the matter ?

Spiltmilk
09-07-2013, 06:38 AM
... I read that synergies with 4 tiers only become white text color when all 4 synergy mods are present...

This is true. BUT even with one synergy mod installed, the synergy becomes activated, it just doesn't become highlighted (Remains greyed out). I do not know why, but it may be that the coder has not been able to figure out how to do it or they may have thought adding 3 additional images was not worth the effort.

Therefore, you do not need to complete all 4 synergies to activate them, just one.

TravelerX1
09-07-2013, 06:40 AM
They broke it in the last patch

Ozcorp
09-07-2013, 06:45 AM
Thank you both for the replies.

Oh well, sometimes the simple things must be made difficult so difficult things will seem simple.

Spiltmilk
09-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Thank you both for the replies.

Oh well, sometimes the simple things must be made difficult so difficult things will seem simple.

No problem.

Just to show it, here is a Tachmag with the grenadier synergy. I added one grenadier mod, which deducts 10% recoil. The default Tachmag bloom value is 0.20. As you can see the value is 0.16 because the grenadier mod is activated as well as the bonus -10% recoil from SMG weapon skill.

It is not hard to figure out for this or the assassin synergies since we can guess looking at the changed values, but synergies such as the stalker which adds range is hard to tell.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8131/ni1y.png http://imageshack.us/a/img826/6298/y01e.png

When you complete the synergy set, filling the 4 mod slots highlights them white.

TravelerX1
09-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Common sense would dictate that the syn bonuses should go white as each one is met, not on all four.....
I just don't know anymore.

Frozen
09-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Odd that 10% on a .2 became .16 instead .18?

*EDIT* I see it now, the inclusion of the SMG skill. :D gogo gadget coffee!