PDA

View Full Version : Steam purchase and Defiance release?

Squince670
04-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Hello,

I pre-ordered Defiance on Steam several days ago and was able to apply my given game codes to my Trion Account. I'm having some issues and I'm having a difficult finding specific answers.

I live in California and have been following a countdown timer on a Defiance guild website (Dunno how trustworthy it is) and showed that the game launched at 9:00PM PST. It is around 9:35PM PST now and Steam isn't showing any change on Defiance in my Game Library. Defiance just says coming soon.

I've read several forum posts saying to download the client from the Trion website and log in from there? Though when I did that, it said that my account was unauthorized to play Defiance. I'm quite confused and there aren't any hard set instructions anywhere on how to play this game or if it is even available yet for play.

So I'm wondering... Is Defiance even released yet? Should I download the client from Trion website or will Steam have it available when the game is released? Will Steam release the game at a later date than when Trion releases the game? Is the official launch date April 2 or April 15? I read somewhere on gamefaq.com saying that the launch date was postponed till April 15.

Sorry if these are noob questions. Thank you for your time.

Aeroflex
04-01-2013, 09:44 PM
If the launch date was postponed it would be posted her on the site first before any where else how ever the release date for defiance TV show is set to air on the 15th of April as i am aware just looked at my steam account the count down timer for defiance the game is approximately 3 hours out i hope that helps :)

Squince670
04-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Oh, that does help! Where can I find that timer?

Forcefire
04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
um goto the steam store find the game click on it like your going to buy it down by the price is a time if the game isnt released yet.

Squince670
04-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Hrm... I keep looking through steam looking for a count down timer of some sort and am not having any luck finding such a thing. ><

Squince670
04-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Just read your post. Thanks Forcefire.

Btd5025
04-01-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't understand how people can't log-in; I've been online playing for over an hour, and I bought it via steam.

All you need to do is copy the codes (game serial code) from steam, and paste it into the "Redeem Code" tab on trions site. You need to create an account with them, via email address. Once you paste the codes over from steam, under the manage games section, there will be a download link next to defiance. Download, patch, and play.

Not rocket science people.

Aeroflex
04-01-2013, 10:07 PM
BTD the game hasn't officially released yet and only about 10 thousand people are in the game at the moment not the 100 thousand + people who purchased the game because it wont allow them to a lot of people has contacted cs and have received the response that the game doesn't go live untill 8 am est , now thats from cs , yes i have downloaded the game from trion worlds , even tho i bought it threw steam does not mean i will be entitled access into the game prior to launch :) , now tahts not rocket science to think that not every one has been as privilaged as you to get into the game >_>

Squince670
04-01-2013, 10:14 PM
When I tried to play through the Trion downloaded client using my Steam CDkeys, I was given the error message that I was able to log in but was not authorized to play. I'm not too worried about this as it might have something to do with Defiance not having been officially released through Steam yet.

However, if the problem still persists past Steam official launch time... then that will be something to complain about. :)